Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I’ll be heading out on another extended trip soonish and I was thinking of grabbing one of those 13-15” portable monitors—the ones that are essentially like a big tablet without any tablet guts? Any of you have any kind of experience with those? Brands to look for/avoid, specific recommendations, whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll be heading out on another extended trip soonish and I was thinking of grabbing one of those 13-15” portable monitors—the ones that are essentially like a big tablet without any tablet guts? Any of you have any kind of experience with those? Brands to look for/avoid, specific recommendations, whatever.
I don't have any experrience but I would say if you have any experience comparing monitors in general I would look for the same criteria. Do you have one in mind?

I'm out of town and picked up this Asus 15" model based on a couple C|Net & PC World style "best portable monitor" articles. Came well rated and the Amazon reviews (for what those are worth) are positive. Mind you, I'm using it for boring office stuff and not gaming. The foldable stand is pretty janky but I have mine screwed into a cheap camera tripod instead. I'm using the USB-C version.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MZQ978N/

Assassin's Creed Valhalla has been listed on Steam, with a December 2022 release date

Looks like after falling into the marketing black hole that is the Epic store, Ubisoft has finally come crawling back to Steam

Assassin's Creed Valhalla has been listed on Steam, with a December 2022 release date

Looks like after falling into the marketing black hole that is the Epic store, Ubisoft has finally come crawling back to Steam
More like they reached their EOL sales/development and need money to survive Christmas with no new releases to carry them. They're in very real trouble given all their flops.

Requiescat in Pace, Epic exclusivity.

Finished up Resident Evil 7 tonight. Fantastic overall. Successfully wiped away the bad taste left in my mouth from RE3 Remake, even if the pacing takes a bit of a dive over the last two hours and the gameplay starts to veer off course a bit. "Strong start, weak final act" seems to be a common theme for the series, at least in the ones I've played.

Finished up Resident Evil 7 tonight. Fantastic overall. Successfully wiped away the bad taste left in my mouth from RE3 Remake, even if the pacing takes a bit of a dive over the last two hours and the gameplay starts to veer off course a bit. "Strong start, weak final act" seems to be a common theme for the series, at least in the ones I've played.
I honestly thought that RE7 was the scariest in the franchise but the end of that game is just awful. Don't want to post spoilers but the parts I think you're talking about just honestly was a complete buzzkill for me for what was an otherwise terrifying game. Not sure if you played village yet but I found it to be more enjoyable through the whole of it even if it's less scary than 7 - altho even 8s ending drags a bit

I honestly thought that RE7 was the scariest in the franchise but the end of that game is just awful. Don't want to post spoilers but the parts I think you're talking about just honestly was a complete buzzkill for me for what was an otherwise terrifying game. Not sure if you played village yet but I found it to be more enjoyable through the whole of it even if it's less scary than 7 - altho even 8s ending drags a bit
Everything before the ship is damn near a 10/10. The ship itself is a 7/10 (I knew things were going south once they give you a machine gun). Salt mines doesn't even deserve a rating. But the last 10-15 minutes where you end up back at the intro area is solid.

But man, the Baker house part of the game is exactly what I love about Resident Evil. Impeccable design.

Re: scariness, it took me *years* to finally force myself to play RE7. Couldn't get through the tutorial when I tried it on Game Pass a couple years back, kept putting it off after picking it up in the RE Bundle. I'm just not good with first-person horror. But it ended up being a lot more manageable than I expected.

And Village is up next, probably early next year.

just bought a cheap, shitty 4k tv to replace my cheap, shitty 1080p tv. now i gotta justify/rationalize my purchase by playing newish, pretty games instead of diablo and poe.

ah fuck who am i kidding, 4k solitaire it is!

Everything before the ship is damn near a 10/10. The ship itself is a 7/10 (I knew things were going south once they give you a machine gun). Salt mines doesn't even deserve a rating. But the last 10-15 minutes where you end up back at the intro area is solid.

But man, the Baker house part of the game is exactly what I love about Resident Evil. Impeccable design.

Re: scariness, it took me *years* to finally force myself to play RE7. Couldn't get through the tutorial when I tried it on Game Pass a couple years back, kept putting it off after picking it up in the RE Bundle. I'm just not good with first-person horror. But it ended up being a lot more manageable than I expected.

Yeah I couldn't agree more. The baker house was all really great stuff. I consider myself pretty lousy with horror and I'm usually pretty slow and hesitant with progress at the beginning and then as I play I get less scared and more confident, with PT and SH 2 really being the only games I can think of that were scary thru and thru. I think that's generally more the games losing steam then a positive of myself but 7 was great. I'm working thru Shadows of Rose now for Village and am enjoying it so far. Hope you enjoy Village when you get there!

I played the demo in VR and got about 5 minutes into it. As soon as they drag your companion from the kitchen and then just his head comes rolling back in was where I was like, “eh, I’ll do this later.” Never have gone back.
I'm hoping ubisoft releases Immortals Fenyx Rising makes it to Steam... I think its the only game released in the last few years that I really want to play.
Game is a lot of fun. The writing and voice acting is a little hokey but in a bit of an endearing way. Gameplay is great though, puzzles are a lot of fun and exploration is really fun as well. One of the few games where I actually tried to do a lot of the side stuff, partially because they just give you the location without having to make you hunt all around for it.

at 1PM EST when Steam 'Autumn Sale' starts, do they have all titles for the sale that they were going to, or is it a trickle over coming days? 

I consider myself pretty lousy with horror and I'm usually pretty slow and hesitant with progress at the beginning and then as I play I get less scared and more confident...
I felt the same way here. I think part of it is getting acclimated to the game itself, and part of it is a by-product of getting new weapons and finding tons of ammo and resources along the way to put you at ease. And RE7 does give you a ton of resources, at least on normal difficulty. Getting the shotgun is the big moment where I started to think, "This won't be so bad."

I enjoy "horror" games (RE, SH, etc.), but I have yet to find one genuinely scary.

It's a disappointing genre for me most of the time.
How are you with first-person horror games where you have no means to defend yourself (i.e. Outlast, Amnesia, SOMA, etc.)? Because that's where I draw the line. I absolutely don't think I could play through Amnesia without nervously shaking my legs the whole time.

at 1PM EST when Steam 'Autumn Sale' starts, do they have all titles for the sale that they were going to, or is it a trickle over coming days?
In theory everything should go live at 1 PM ET. In practice it can take upwards of 30 minutes or so for the discounts to actually post.

RE7: Gold is awesome. I loved it.

To me - RE4 UHD, RE7 Gold, and RE2 Remake are the best games in the franchise.

RE2 Remake is probably the best to me, while RE4 is my favorite & got me into the franchise.

Village feels like it's right behind those 3; I need to finish it. Village is awesome.

I ordered a Steam Deck last week to make sure I got ahead of the holiday rush, assuming it would just be here in time to open on Christmas. Now it's arriving tomorrow... along with the screen protector and 512GB SD card I ordered from Amazon. Gonna be hard to wait to use it, especially since I'll want to do the responsible thing and make sure it's set up and updated, and maybe test out a couple of games. You know, NOT use it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Steam sale. Lord knows I have enough games in my library to play (plus whatever emulators I add), but there's nothing like a fresh new-to-me game on sale.

(I've watched a ton of Steam Deck set up and tips videos online, but if any owners have any advice or game recommendations let me know!)

How are you with first-person horror games where you have no means to defend yourself (i.e. Outlast, Amnesia, SOMA, etc.)? Because that's where I draw the line. I absolutely don't think I could play through Amnesia without nervously shaking my legs the whole time.
I'm fine with them, though the only first-person title I have completed is Blair Witch. I'm from Maryland, so the subject matter had greater interest to me. I've tried Amnesia, Outlast and SOMA and completed none due to either boredom or frustration. My wife loved watching me play through Amnesia and she was plenty scared/startled, but I was just not feeling it. Same with Outlast and Outlast 2. They just didn't do it for me and certainly didn't pique my horror interest. The story from SOMA I found engaging, but the gameplay kept pulling me out of enjoying the narrative, though I do intend to finish it one day.

For reference, I'll sometimes throw my earbuds in and go to sleep watching a horror genre movie. Hereditary is my recent 'top list" horror film. The Autopsy of Jane Doe and Oculus are also pretty decent. I definitely prefer psychological and supernatural horror to body horror, though the latter can be enjoyable if done tastefully.

Anyone seen or heard of any deals for steam credit? Or is my best bet to check dollar general/family dollar in a few days?
Target Buy 1 get 1 at 15% off, so 7.5% off or 12% if you have a red card.

In store only and when I went yesterday the store had no cards. If you're going there just for the cards you might waste more in gas than you'd save

I think they stopped this when the refund policy went into place. Someone correct me if I'm wrong
Yes, flash sales no longer exist, but other sites still have them. So you can certainly buy first day with your Steam Bucks, but if you have cash, it might be best to wait until Cyber Monday for all deals to suss out.

Red Dead 2 is $19.79. Lowest it has been on Steam. Hunt Showdown is $16. I highly recommend that for anyone looking for a good MP experience that isn't battle royale.

I'm hoping ubisoft releases Immortals Fenyx Rising makes it to Steam... I think its the only game released in the last few years that I really want to play.
Love this game, very fun and the humor is great

I've been waiting for info on if this will come to Steam, didn't know it was Epic Store exclusive since I got the Steam Deck

Castle of illusion 3.74
Witcher 3 GOTY 9.99
Valve pack 6.54
SFV champion edition 9.99
Battlefield V deluxe 4.99
Persona 4 golden 12.99
Soul calibur 6 deluxe 8.99
Vampire survivor 4.24
Amid evil 6.99
Demon’s tilt 5.99

Not bad so far !

I got some weird ones with Steam Bucks:

SFD - I like tactical roguelikes

Relapse - Jenky look, but I really enjoyed the demo
Aselia the Eternal - Heard good things, not in it for the adult bits
Potato Flowers in Full Bloom - Really enjoyed this demo, got me interested into dungeon crawlers again!

Remnant: From the Ashes - Decided to finally pull the trigger on something I wouldn't normally get myself, but as a gift, I would give it a try

I got about $9 left from the gift card, so will be watching others purchases for possible recommendations!

Let me know how SFD and Relapse are. I do love rogue games and card games. Also Aselia the Eternal is only available in English in the censored form. It's a bit janky to play, but I enjoyed the story and 1 playthrough of it. Seinarukana - The Spirit of Eternity Sword 2 cleans up the gameplay a decent amount and Yumina the Ethereal plays similar to it, but is a really lighthearted game about the student council and fighting other groups and such. Seinarukana is also available on Steam SFW with an unavailable 18+ patch (buy on JAST USA store if you want 18+ and save the headache), while Yumina is only available from the JAST USA store.

Any reason to buy stuff now and not just wait another month for the Winter Sale for possibly better sales and free trading cards?

Those cards only sell for like four cents each, and you get one for every $10 you spend. Not really worth waiting for that if there's a game on sale you wanna play

You can always check the game's sale history on isthereanydeal to see if the game typically goes on sale during winter sales

Got in on that fanatical deal on Shadow Warrior 3 that sure seems like a price error. Not like a huge fan but it would mean I got 2/3 of that series on price errors and paid $9 for the trilogy. 

Humble seems to have like 10% credit back or something for some of the games on sale, if you're buying something with real money and not discounted cards.

Like me, who probably has too much discount PSN and Nintendo credit, but next to no Steam credit (it's ok, I don't need to trade, I'll eventually use them. The missus suddenly wanted to play random co-op farming/crafting games for some reason).

Got in on that fanatical deal on Shadow Warrior 3 that sure seems like a price error. Not like a huge fan but it would mean I got 2/3 of that series on price errors and paid $9 for the trilogy.
It was the same price on 3 different sites (Fanatical, Wingamestore, and gamebillet). A few other games had low prices, probably not a price error unless there was a seriously high level of incompetency involved (seriously how do you email 3 different sites with the wrong prices for 4 different games?)

I think it's a good deal but I can wait until it's bundled. Not dying to play it and it bombed pretty hard. Most consider it to be the worst of the series

So anyone else having trouble voting for the same game in multiple categories?

Edit: Appearently by design... and like all but one category has to have released in this year. Who plays that many new games?

bread's done
Back