Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I bought Asterigos: Curse of the Stars over the winter sale and just finished it last night with 55hrs. ...
I played the demo and wasn't entirely sold, but hearing your feedback and seeing the reviews, I'd consider it in the $10 range for something to try (only because I have a ton of games, obviously).

Per Elden Ring, I think the world astounding. The worlds of the Souls games are not "living breathing worlds" but dying ones where your character is just another rando who happens to succeed versus other open world RPGs where you're the savior of the land. The fact is doesn't have a lot going on is always explained by being the outlands, the precipice of a failing world, or a place little go (and fewer return). Half the endings in the series are essentially "you did nothing but prolong the suffering of the status quo," a metaphor for purposeless struggle against greater forces, or those corrupted by power, greed, or the best intentions creating the worst outcomes.

As for lore and story, it's the most approachable title in the series. If you follow the side quests, it's pretty well explaining (for a Souls game) what's happening moment to moment. I see the world as the main character in every Souls game, not the PC (also why Dark Souls 2 sucks, because it's the weakest world). And Elden Ring's is superb (so far, I'm like 35 hours in, 3 Shard Bearers felled, Lv80~).

Searching every nook and cranny in Elden Ring has been the highlight. All the "dual bosses" boss fights have been the lowlight (I hate the "let's make it TWO at once!" bullcrap and dying to an unseen attack because of the camera).

I never play online because I generally refuse to pay for PS+ (PS5 version for me), and because it's become meme culture. Playing Demon's Souls and Dark Souls at launch ages ago were magical moments of either true jolly cooperative comments, or the absolutely trolliest comments before they became a meme (and not "try but hole" stuffs). I don't feel like I'm missing anything in Elden Ring playing offline and the addition of NPC summons through Ashes is fantastic.

It may not be revolutionary in every regard, but I think its the capstone of the "post-BotW" style open worlds so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the lists. It's funny... my games are too old even for that list. We are talking early 2000s games!
Yeah with the older stuff these days it is best to use an old machine to run them or rebuy the game on platforms that have it like GoG.

I played the demo and wasn't entirely sold, but hearing your feedback and seeing the reviews, I'd consider it in the $10 range for something to try (only because I have a ton of games, obviously).

Per Elden Ring, I think the world astounding. The worlds of the Souls games are not "living breathing worlds" but dying ones where your character is just another rando who happens to succeed versus other open world RPGs where you're the savior of the land.
Yeah, I'm not saying anyone should run out and buy Asterigos full price, more of a "Maybe wishlist or remember this if you see it bundled someday" sort of thing. Idle chatter about a game I played, really.

Different strokes and all but even as a "dying world", Elden Ring felt static and lifeless. Almost everyone felt like their reason for being in the world was solely for me to stab the Eldenbucks out of them. Why is this guard blockade here? Why is that knight riding around over there? Who feeds and pays these guys to spend their Dying World days sitting around a campfire until I whack them? Supposedly I'm not the Big Hero and that's cool but paradoxically everyone seemed to only exist for my benefit and not because they were part of a larger world that would continue turning without me. The world, visually interesting as it could be, almost always felt like an MMORPG grind zone with clumps of static mobs waiting for someone to bonk them.

But, again, different opinions. It's not as though I'm going to be talked out of how I felt about the game world during my 186 hours of playing and I'm not trying to convince anyone else.

Any chance you can share your RDR2 settings for SD? I tried it once and it was just so laggy I had to refund it.
I'm using the default settings on the current software version and have no issues... unlike Skyrim which randomly likes to drop on me.. usually after I did something super pain in the butt (like kill a super important dragon... watch the whole cutscene... fatal error program closes)

I'm using the default settings on the current software version and have no issues... unlike Skyrim which randomly likes to drop on me.. usually after I did something super pain in the butt (like kill a super important dragon... watch the whole cutscene... fatal error program closes)
What's your frame rate on it? I'm ok with 40 if it can still look nice.

Any chance you can share your RDR2 settings for SD? I tried it once and it was just so laggy I had to refund it.
I turned a few settings down to minimum so I could play at full resolution with zero fan noise and my battery lasts over 3 hours while playing. It looks good to me but that's subjective. I can send details when I get to my deck

Going to start going over what I played from my Winter 2022 Steam purchases starting with Brotato. This one I have played 58.1 hours although some of that was me pausing it to do other chores or something and I fell asleep with it once on to after taking a break to lay down.

This one is a small arena based shooter kind of Vampire Survivors type game. You play I assume a potato and have weapons that you use to survive 20 rounds of combat. Each potato has starting stats and quirks and there are many to unlock in early access including ones better at using certain weapons like guns. There are 5 main difficulties to the game with 5 being very, very hard and not recommended until you unlock better items, which mainly come from beating the game as the different characters. Between rounds you spend the money you get to buy items mainly getting better stats such as ranged damage, armor, speed, health, etc... You also earn level ups from collecting these drops during gameplay and they lead to stats such as ranged damage, armor, speed, etc.... Everything is very stats wise kind of boring in a way, but it's easy to see your power progress.

The graphics are fine if simple and generally are easy to see, but when there are many enemies, it's hard to tell some apart in the crowd other than the bigger enemies. The sound is just alright with everything having some corresponding sound when used, but some like the bullet sounds don't sound as good. The controls with the Xbox Series X controller are excellent, but I have some bugs where something happens outside the game (like a Steam popup) and disrupts the game and causes the controller to glitch. This may make it not work anymore and I have to restart the game (it saves after each round). An annoying game, but not game breaking usually. It's one of the easier to pick up and play games for this genre.

My main issue with the game is how everything feels way too similar after a while. I highly recommend when you play the game to play on easier difficulties to get the unlocks for more gimmicky characters. These make future runs easier and give you a better choice of items. Each wave plays similarly in the difficulty so you know in wave 6 of difficulty 5 some enemies will make an appearance and so on. I feel they should randomize these more, because gameplay feels very similar after a while. Gameplay between not super gimmicky characters feels similar to. You basically have ranged people, melee people, a mix of both, and some gimmicky elemental type stuff. These are usually burn over time effects and can be a bit harder to make stronger compared to some other builds.

I like this game enough and feel it will be worth playing out of early access. I think the game could use a bit more randomization and variety other than what items come up, what level ups there are and what possible bosses you could get. I've gotten to the burn out point and likely will just wait for it to fully release. I've beaten the game with all but 2 characters now, so I've unlocked most of the current items. The gameplay is fun although samey after playing it so many times. 7/10

Started Horizon ZD, story seems like it will be a high point, it at least starts out interesting... Though I encountered a problem. Even on the most pulled back field of view I get a slight headache and my stomach flops a bit. I'm hoping its just the prologue camera.
I had minor issues in the prologue when Aloy was a kid still. Like it had a mild fish-eye effect or something. I didn't have issues after that.

Just ordered my steamdeck, can i get a recommendation for a memory card, thanks in advance
I got Samsung Pro+ on sale for $50. U3, A2, V30 are important speed numbers though. I have bad luck when I go for cheaper MicroSDs so I tend to buy quality here.

I bought the Anker 65W charger and a 100W/20Gbps cable in case I need to transfer video (gotta be careful cause not all USB-C's are equal).

RDR2 feels like a running cutscene where I have to hold A and hope the stupid horses follow the other stupid horses. Then the stupid game keeps trying to put me Online... look.. I'm anti-social, I don't need some kids reminding me why I dislike people.
A lot of people have said it already, but I gotta be that guy and say it one more time. The first couple of hours (until Chapter 2) do not begin to hint at the game it's about to become when the world fully opens.

It's puzzling why they chose to do that -- perhaps they were trying to make sure you didn't miss the narrative before you got lost in the world. I ended up enjoying the game so much I'd put it in my top 10 all time. But I kept scratching my head during that first bit, wondering what I was playing.

Now, if you don't like Rockstar games in general, then there just may be no saving it for you. But if you want to be a part of a great story and experience an epic world, keep at it.

As an aside... did you say you were playing it on SD? I can't imagine not having that amazing game on the biggest possible screen. Maybe you're docking it, I dunno. Hope it clicks with you though.

A lot of people have said it already, but I gotta be that guy and say it one more time. The first couple of hours (until Chapter 2) do not begin to hint at the game it's about to become when the world fully opens.

It's puzzling why they chose to do that -- perhaps they were trying to make sure you didn't miss the narrative before you got lost in the world. I ended up enjoying the game so much I'd put it in my top 10 all time. But I kept scratching my head during that first bit, wondering what I was playing.

Now, if you don't like Rockstar games in general, then there just may be no saving it for you. But if you want to be a part of a great story and experience an epic world, keep at it.

As an aside... did you say you were playing it on SD? I can't imagine not having that amazing game on the biggest possible screen. Maybe you're docking it, I dunno. Hope it clicks with you though.
Yea, I honestly found since I bought the SD I actually PLAY my games (which is kinda weird). I just saved the dude from 1 and we're off on some other horse follow mission. I hope it saved. I just... it's so danged slow. The worst part is when I first started it... it had me create a character and put me in and I couldn't figure out what was going on.. then I realized the stupid thing put me in Online and not the game. Took me about 2 hrs to figure that out. (maybe I'm dumb)

I'll likely give it another shot but when I got dozens of games it was kinda bleh to feel like I wasted money on what should have been 2 blockbusters for me.

Bought the 1tb Sandisk extreme for $115ish in Nov. 

Have 115 games installed (to the card only) but still have regular issues with the 64gb mmc drive filling up with constant update bloat. Clearing the compatdata folder is only a temporary reprieve.

Thank you guys for the card recommendations, is there like a definitive resource on accessories for this thing. Also grabbed rdr 2, spiderman and the last of us today as well.

Thinking about getting Ghost Recon Breakpoint for $12. Anyone here played it? Has it gotten better since launch?
If you played Wildlands you are in for a different game...I enjoyed Wildlands, but could not get into Breakpoint. I think the change to a solo (unless you play online with others) experience lost some of the oomph for me. I enjoyed having the AI squad in Wildlands.

To be honest its not that different...graphics, gameplay, its just a feeling...maybe I will get back to the game one day (also I played it when it was relatiely new so I can not speak to how updates may have changed it).

(Wildlands is 8.99 on Fanatical for those interested)

Thank you guys for the card recommendations, is there like a definitive resource on accessories for this thing. Also grabbed rdr 2, spiderman and the last of us today as well.
Jsaux has gotten a lot of good press for their Steam Docks... here is an article from IGN (depending how much you trust their opinions.)

https://www.ign.com/articles/best-steam-deck-accessories

I also bought off Amazon PlayVital Full Set Protective Skin Decal for Steam Deck...its fine enough, just wanted something to make it look pretty. I also got a SanDisk 1TB Ultra SD (cant recall the exact model #).

If you played Wildlands you are in for a different game...I enjoyed Wildlands, but could not get into Breakpoint. I think the change to a solo (unless you play online with others) experience lost some of the oomph for me. I enjoyed having the AI squad in Wildlands.

To be honest its not that different...graphics, gameplay, its just a feeling...maybe I will get back to the game one day (also I played it when it was relatiely new so I can not speak to how updates may have changed it).

(Wildlands is 8.99 on Fanatical for those interested)
I only ever played in a couple of beta tests but yeah, its more coop or pvp focused with an item level system like the Division games. The worst part was the drone mechanic that if you were spotted almost instantly a bunch of bad guys spawn on you.

Walter Sobchak's Reviews from the Bunker (The Pandemic Years)
7iQa57f.jpg

Hola amigos!  You are probably wondering where my reviews went...or not as I haven't really done a MysterD on them in any fashion. 

Before the Pandemic

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
3. Skyrim
4. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
5. Assassin's Creed II
6. Far Cry 3
7. Tomb Raider (2014)
8. Doom (2016)
9. Mass Effect 3
10. Splinter Cell: Conviction

After the Pandemic

1.  Mass Effect 2
2.  Red Dead Redemption II
3.  Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
4.  TIE:Skyrim/Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY 
5.  Red Dead Redemption
6.  Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
7.  Assassin's Creed II
8.  Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
9.  Far Cry 3
10. Tomb Raider (2014)

Unwrap the spoiler tag if you care about details...

Ranking:
10 - GOAT
9 - Great
7-8 - Good
5-6 - Average
3-4 - Nope 
1-2 - Sucks lemons

Regarding Playtime....since the xbox series X allows for 'quick resume'....I'm not absolutely sure these are truly accurate...but I will use them below with that caveat)

Completed Games from oldest played to newest played (where Completed = finished the main storyline, not every f-ing achievement like some Monk/Felix Unger hybrid...)

Assassin's Creed: Origins (Playtime: 138hrs)
Excuse me, is that peanut butter (Witcher) you have in my chocolate (Ass Creed)...yep. 
We are moving away from Ass Creed modern day (fine by me...at this point the modern day storyline for AC is a dumpster fire), adding in 'levels/gatekeeping' to areas...and creating larger environments where it doesn't really make sense from a gameplay perspective to assassinate people.
I'm a big AC fan, I liked Bayek and his storyline, I liked the ideas around 'the origins' of AC.  Game play was good and I enjoyed the storyline...even if it just sort of ended.
- Story (8) 
- Gameplay (8)
- Graphics/Audio (8)
- Overall: 8 (Good)

NieR: Automata (Playtime: 79hrs)
Played through storyline A.  Cannot stand the UI/gameplay that felt like it was ported from the '80s.  Confirmed my dislike of JRPGs (exception...see Yakuza 0) 
- Story (6)
- Gameplay (4)
- Graphics/Audio (6)
- Overall: 5 (Average)

Ass Creed: Odyssey (Playtime: 246hrs)
Um guys, I had enough peanut butter(Witcher) on my Hershey's Kiss (what remains of AC)...why you dump a whole jar of Skippy on my choc bar??? First off this game is huge...Gameplay is pretty good. Loot system is interesting.  Looks good and Kassandra was a 
good character to play.  Having said that, this game could just be called Odyssey.  It really has little to nothing to do with AC.  The Kassandra story ending is just bonkers....Storywise it stinks...still pretty entertaining from a gameplay perspective
- Story (2) 
- Gameplay (6)
- Graphics/Audio (8)

Sniper Elite IV (Playtime: 43hrs)
This is the best Sniper Elite Game...ignore the hot garbage called SE V unless you don't want to snipe and just stab people in the jugular. When you absolutely have to shoot Hitler in the nuts from 1/2 mile away...accept no substitutes.
- Story (5)
- Gameplay (9)
- Graphics/Audio (6)
- Overall: 7 (Good)

Sniper Elite III (Playtime: ???)
Like SEIV above, but less UI/UX creature comforts....serviceable
- Story (5)
- Gameplay (7)
- Graphics/Audio (6)
- Overall: 6 (Average)

Dishonored: Definitive Edition (Playtime: ???)
Really interesting story and world...loved the Outsider.  I feel like this game wanted me to play it like Thief...but instead I ended up murdalizing people as I could never quite not be detected....ah well, still a really good game
- Story (9)
- Gameplay (7)
- Graphics/Audio (7)

Ass Creed: Valhalla (Playtime: 131hrs)
Sigh.  I told you, enough with the peanut butter...stop backing the tanker truck of peanut butter (Witcher gameplay) up to my choc chip (AC).  This game is like playing a James Bond game where you aren't James Bond, not even a secret agent.  but like a street fighter just following him around to do stuff.   
There's more 'moral dilemmas' (witcher interactive dialogs)...You will be saying WTF to the big twist at the end if you don't play the Asgard missions...this happened to me and I was like...where did this twist come from??? Hey Ubi, if 
you're going to do something like this, maybe force me to do a few Asgard missions rather than making them entirely optional.   So disappointed. I could be done with AC (who am I kidding, I'll check out the next one)
- Story (3)
- Gameplay (5)
- Graphics/Audio (5)
- Overall: 4 (Nope....the end of Ass Creed as we know it...the rise of Ass Witcher)

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY (Playtime: ???)
This was my second attempt at starting the game (I started pre GOTY and had to restart because my saves didn't carry over to GOTY). While the game certainly has quirkyness (combat, horse riding/pathfinding, etc).
Man, the story and feeling of the world are just great.  NPCs feel real and choices to be made feel like the had impact to the story.  I'm not sure I agree with the games decision on how it picks 'the ending', but hey, I'm not
going to take it to task over that.  Also, I'm not a big DLC missions fan (Never get any for AssCreed, etc). This game has THE best DLC mission I've ever played.  Hearts of Stone was amazing.  I'd say better than the orig game story.
Blood and Wine is good, but not great.  Both worthwhile to play and you'd be doing a big disservice if you don't play Hearts of Stone.

- Story (9 (10 - For Heart of Stone Expansion))
- Gameplay (8)
- Graphics/Audio (9)
- Overall: 9 (Great)

Red Dead Redemption (Playtime: ???)
Fairly predictable story, but John Marston shines along with the other NPCs.  Voice acting is great.  I played this game 11 years after it was released..while not cutting edge graphics, the graphics and gameplay still hold up (or at the very least don't get in the way).
I was wrong to dismiss this as GTA in the Wild West...it rises above that.
- Story (8)
- Gameplay (8)
- Graphics/Audio (9)

Red Dead Redemption II (Playtime: 237hrs)
  It's probably been about a year (or more) since I
finished this game. I haven't uninstalled it yet.  I still think about it occasionally.  Just riding on my white horse, going hunting...fishing...shooting people in the face that look at me wrong.  Man, this game has just stuck with me.
I'm not a big fan of games that take a few hours to 'pull you in'.  This was one of those games.  I started it once on Game Pass...I'm on my horse...just pressing the button to advance some long drawn out convo through a blizzard...eh...
Arthur Morgan seems kinda like a dink....this sucks...delete.  Then, I play RDR 1...hmm...curious how John Marston's story started....maybe I should try it again?  Re-install.  Make it past the initial jibba-jabba...man, the voice acting
is just top notch..and the amount of it.  I really got invested in Arthur's story and other members of Dutch's gang. I could go on but...just play it...especially if you like/love Westerns...Man, really, really good.   
- Story (9)
- Gameplay (8)
- Graphics/Audio (10)
- Overall: 9 (Great)

Hitman 1-3 (2016) (Playtime: 59hrs??)
I played 1, then took a break and played 2-3 back-to-back...probably not a good idea...best to give some space between these....The 'story' just gets worse as you go....Gameplay remains constant, I think.  Really like the big environments.
Liked the story initially, then pretty much ignored it...mid 2.   Works as a AssCreed replacement for me since AssCreed is going 'Full Witcher' (well was, maybe they're going 'Full MTX' now...(MTX reference was for MysterD)
- Story (7)
- Gameplay (8)
- Graphics/Audio (8)

GTA: San Andreas - Definitive Edition (Playtime: 63hrs)
Really liked the voice acting, story was servicable. Graphics were atrocious for a 'definitive edition'.  Not bad, but definitely showing it's age.
- Story (7)
- Gameplay (7)
- Graphics/Audio (5) (9 for voice acting)
- Overall: 6 (Average)

GTA IV (Playtime: ???)
What if we got unknown voice actors, made the main character kinda bland....and the story/music average??? Well, you get GTAIV.  I made it to the last mission which bugged out (on the xbox) and said...done. Not good, Not bad....
just sort of there....
- Story (6)
- Gameplay (6)
- Graphics/Audio (5)

GTA V (Playtime: 58hrs)
I started off disliking some (most?) of the characters...and the fact I had to switch off between the 3....but after playing for a bit, they kinda grew on me...not the kind of people I'd want to go have a beer with...but entertaining to 
watch, I guess.  I liked the Heist missions as a change of pace.
- Story (8)
- Gameplay (7)
- Graphics/Audio (9)

Sniper Elite V2 Remastered (Playtime: 28hrs)
Like SEIII above, but less UI/UX creature comforts....serviceable
- Story (5)
- Gameplay (5)
- Graphics/Audio (5)

Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Playtime: ???)
First, where for the love of God is Michael Ironside?!?!?!? Eh, anyway...the more cinematic/shooty Splinter Cells are more my speed...so, overall I liked this one
- Story (8)
- Gameplay (7)
- Graphics/Audio (7)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (Playtime: ???)
Ok, this game still holds up in 2022...Interesting story, cool skill developments....interesting world/characters.....I really liked this one for more of a heavier rpg....Many ways to tackle different missions....Would recommend
- Story (9)
- Gameplay (8)
- Graphics/Audio (8)
- Overall: 8.75 (Goorate/Grood)

Mafia: Definitive Edition (Playtime: 18hrs)
Really liked this game...looks great, I'm a sucker for mob stories....until I got to mission 16 and I COULDN'T SHOOT DOWN THE DAMN PLANE!!! Apparently Definitive version changed the mission and on the xbox, there are some timing issues which can f-up the attempts to shoot the plane down...
Apparently if I drop/lock it to 30fps, I can make it past???  Ain't nobody got time for dat!!!
- Story (8)
- Gameplay (6)
- Graphics/Audio (8)

The Gunk (Playtime: 7.5hrs)
Pretty quick palate cleanser...cute story, graphics....don't regret playing it
- Story (6)
- Gameplay (7)
- Graphics/Audio (7)

A Plague Tale: Innocence (Playtime: 30hrs)
Sigh.....How did I give this a 7???...hmmm...I guess it was ok...I mean good....The story was the best part of this game...the gameplay frankly sucked...between hauling your sibling along with you....and the downright shitty auto-aim...
give me a break.....so yeah, Good, I guess... ;)
- Story (8)
- Gameplay (5)
- Graphics/Audio (7)

F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin (Playtime: ???)
Really liked this one....Spooky, atmospheric....really liked the gunplay....I would recommend if you like shooty horror....
- Story (8)
- Gameplay (5)
- Graphics/Audio (7)

Saints Row 2 (Playtime: ???)
I enjoyed this one...I really enjoyed making my pc sound and look like Crocodile Dundee....you know an Original Gangster from...uh....the hood?   Still, lots of silly missions...gameplay is a bit dated...but if you're hungry for GTA...
well, this isn't quite it...but it's good....
- Story (8)
- Gameplay (5)
- Graphics/Audio (7)

Saints Row: The Third (Playtime: ???)
3rd vs same and the 2nd....More of the same....wacky missions....dunno...It was good for a GTA with the serial numbers filed off...and I got to continue the legacy of O.G. C(rocodile) D(undee) from the 2nd....
- Story (8)
- Gameplay (5)
- Graphics/Audio (7)

Far Cry 6 (Playtime: 114hrs)
Strongly disliked FC5....this however, wasn't bad....Liked the Banana Republic theme....Is Far Cry becoming like Star Trek, but instead of even numbers being good, it's the Far Cry's that are tropical?  Dunno...I liked this one...Although
I can really do without all the crafting....I feel like the devs spend more time on shit like crafting and fetch quests that the actual story line these days....
- Story (7)
- Gameplay (6)
- Graphics/Audio (8)

Yakuza 0 (Playtime: 94hrs)
- Started twice, the second time I've taken to it.  I'm not really a fan of JRPGs, this one kind of grew on me...I still don't really care to do all the mini-games...(disco dancing/karaoke...I'm looking at you).  The story is wack (I think I follow it?...Maybe??), but I paid 5 dollars for this game and this game has tons of content...
I paused this one for a few months and came back and was pretty lost....finished it and don't regret it...even though towards the end my thumb was getting tired of mashing the 'A' button to get through the 30min cutscenes....
- Story (7)
- Gameplay (6)
- Graphics/Audio (8)

In Progress Games

• Saints Row 1 (Original) - I've given up on this one....Checkpoint system has caused me to lose forward progress multiple times....I'm not that desperate to find out what originally happened to the saints...maybe I'll go back to SR2...
  • Vampire Survivors  - Great, addictive palate cleanser...
  • Yakuza Kiwami 1 - Ehhh....wha?  what did they do to Majima....I...I don't know that I want to continue this game....feels worse that Yakuza0....someone either tell me to continue or not....I can't decide.....really want to bail....

Started, but.....

• The Outer Worlds - Started twice, looks ok...hasn't really pulled me in....having started twice, odds stacked against completion
  • Battlefield Hardline - Eh, Started once, made it a bit into it....dunno
  • Dead Rising - Started once...eh....I think I'm good
  • Hitman: Blood Money HD - Started once...gameplay feels really archaic....I may be good on this one
  • The Evil Within - Started once, not a huge survival horror fan....didn't really like the game play....
  • Doom Eternal - Remember Doom (2016), this is Doom (2016) with everything added into the game that you never wanted: tons of ammo farming, platforming, etc.  Really disappointing...I'm done
  • Carrion - Interesting game and gameplay...no map and mucho backtracking is a no bueno for me
  • Dishonored 2 - Corvo takes a backseat to the other main character...not what I asked for....may pick up again
  • Dark Alliance - Yuck, next...
  • Curse of the Dead Gods - Interesting...not sure how into roguelites I am....might pick it up again in the future
  • Prey - Started twice....just don't like the combat...gameplay....I might be done with this
  • Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition - Started once, why do I feel like I've been doused in molasses and walking in quicksand....nope, done.
  • Anal(Alan) Wake: Wanted to play this before Control....eh, lot's of jibba jabba....my best weapon is a flashlight....I don't think I'm going back
  • Star Wars Battlefront II: Started to play the campaign...quit when I got to ship combat...The Force is not with me...
  • Mad Max - Started twice, I really want to like this game....I just hate the combat engine....god I hate it....I can tolerate it in Batman....but here, sorry, I didn't survive Thunderdome....
  • Batman: Arkham City - Started once...it's ok...I just flail around like a monkey on crack....thumb hurts from button mashing....not sure if I'll go back
  • Far Cry: New Dawn -  Oh, hell naw!!!
  • Sleeping Dongs Definitive Edition:  Started once, liked it...probably about 75% of the way through....checkpoint system screwed me over a few times with losing progress....I'm still salty
  • Watch Dongs: Legion: - Started once...yeesh....take what little character WD1 and WD2 had, strip that away and let you play Grandma Moses on the street....I could be done with this one...
  • Greedfall - Started once...can't stand the combat...didn't make it out of the tutorial area....may have had my fill
  • Ghost Recon: Breakpoint - Played after a bunch of the changes 'improved' it.  Man, I loved Wildlands.  Breakpoint is way to generically repetitive....I could be done.
  • Dark Souls - Started once....ain't nobody got time for 'dat!!!  
  • Crackdown - Generic open world shoot....I'm good...done
  • Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - This game looks awesome...This game sounds awesome....Dialog is humorous....Gameplay...sucks....I'm about 80% through and I just can't stomach the bullshit gameplay any longer...
  • Chorus - Supposed to be like Freelancer....eh, not to me....looks good...story/gameplay not pulling me in...
  • Maneater - The pork rinds of gaming...ok for a little bit but then you have that first belch and you feel like you should probably put the bag down
  • Homefront: The Revolution: Started twice....Your generic run-of-the-mill 'open' world shoot with missions, side missions, etc.  Combat is weirdly spongy....weapons feel and sound off....may go back if I'm incredibly bored.
  • Sniper Elite 5: Someone thought that it would be great to remove much of the sniping from Sniper Elite and add in the need for more close combat kills...ok...but maybe change the name to Commando Elite...or something...God what a disappointment...go back and play SE4....I'm deleting this game
  • Deathloop:  You can feel some of Dishonored seeping in...Man...I dunno...the gameplay is just boring.....I'm done....
  • Saints Row IV: Re-Elected:  How about we use all the assets from SR3..and...um...I dunno...add Aliens!!!!! Yeah, that's the ticket!....nope
  • Stranded Deep:  I keep getting knocked off my raft ever 20 seconds by a shark......homie don't play dat!

On Deck

Bioshock Remastered - ???
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Really liked Human Revolution...this has to be good...right?? RIGHT?????
Divinity Original Sin 1

Insane amount of MysterD-like walls of text - and I loved every second and minute of it.

I would be very curious about Bioshock 1 Remastered and Bio 2 Remastered...as those are technically total crap-shows & are notorious for insane amounts of crashes, performance issues, audio dropping out, low audio quality, 2K Launcher problems (since new patch - which makes me want to re-buy Bio 2 RM on GOG) - which is a shame, since Bio1 is amazing and Bio2's pretty good & its Minerva's Den DLC is great.

Would be curious how those run both on Windows & Linux/SteamDeck.

Just recently spent a little over 20 hours of Bioshock 1 (Original 2007) from Humble (DRM-FREE!) and it's great; been so long since I played the original classic, back in the day. Just, if you run it - make sure you run in DX9 via Command Line; Bio1 got all kinds of DX10 issues.

EDIT:

I loved Sniper Elite 5 back when I played it on PC Game Pass; feels like WW2 Hitman-game to me. And I love Hitman games, so that was right up my alley. I should go play the older SE classics.

EDIT 2:

Deus Ex: MD is really good, IMHO. More Deus Ex: HR, basically. It probably could be great, if somebody would make some DLC's and/or a sequel to wrap the story up, since it goes off a cliff by the end. Thanks, Square Enix...for meddling and telling them (Eidos Montreal) to "wrap it up", keep a team on MD Part 2, do not give us any DLC's to finish the story off, and then cancel MD Part 2 b/c it didn't sell spectacularly.

Also, shout-out to A Criminal Past DLC; fantastic DLC for MD.

Wildlands was good, but not great by any means. It's basically MGS5 meets Far Cry meets GTA games with Cartels. Like many recent Ubi GR games - it's trying to do too much, similar to Breakpoint.

Breakpoint's even worse 'cause you take what Wildlands was doing, but also add survival game elements & Division games (with tiered-gear found in ARPG looter-shooters) to the mix.

Plus, Breakpoint's got another problem - always-online BS.

Give me older GRAW series and older R6 games like R6 Vegas 1 and 2 over Wildlands any day. 

Risen 1.

New patch for Risen on Steam, adding 64-bit update, Achievements, Cloud Saves Support & other features:

-> https://store.steampowered.com/app/40300/Risen/

To celebrate the launch of Risen on modern consoles (PS4, Xbox One and Switch) we also gave this SKU here an update.
The game now fully support DirectInput compatible gamepads (either use the launch option to force it or set Controller Mode in the games option menu).

We also updated the languages it supports (Polish and Russian are fully integrated) and added Steam Achievements and Rich Presence via Steam and Discord.
Along the way we did a few gameplay & technical (related to audio and physics) bugfixes, made it use 64bit and also added options like changing the FOV.
Savegames are also compatible with the old SKU and we also added Steam Cloud.
EDIT:

Looks like GOG got the update too:

-> https://www.gog.com/forum/risen_series/the_new_risen_update

Hola amigos! You are probably wondering where my reviews went...or not as I haven't really done a MysterD on them in any fashion.
Hey, really nice read! You and I have lots of the same games in queue.

I loved AC Origins. I noticed you said you didn't play DLC, but both of those were good. The Hidden Ones was fun because it laid out the beginning of the Assassins organization. The Curse of the Pharaohs delved right in to Egyptian mythology, which it turns out I love. Hell, I've even been doing to walking tour with commentary on the game and Egyptian life that they added to the game.

I'm now looking a little less forward to the next two games based on what you've said. Dishonored 2 is on my list too, so I'm thinking about skipping it for now in favor of some of the Hitman games. But damn if they didn't make it confusing as hell to figure out what games to play with the way you import them all in different ways now. Whoever thought of that shit needs to lose their job.

I loved AC Origins. I noticed you said you didn't play DLC, but both of those were good. The Hidden Ones was fun because it laid out the beginning of the Assassins organization. The Curse of the Pharaohs delved right in to Egyptian mythology, which it turns out I love. Hell, I've even been doing to walking tour with commentary on the game and Egyptian life that they added to the game.

I'm now looking a little less forward to the next two games based on what you've said. Dishonored 2 is on my list too, so I'm thinking about skipping it for now in favor of some of the Hitman games. But damn if they didn't make it confusing as hell to figure out what games to play with the way you import them all in different ways now. Whoever thought of that shit needs to lose their job.

Here's the thing about assassin's creed... it isn't assassin's creed anymore. I was probably the biggest AC fan over the last 15 years. Odyssey killed it for me. It's not that it's a bad game... it just isn't assassin's creed. Rather it is an action RPG with the AC name slapped on it. Call it anything you want to... just don't label an entirely different genre style gameplay as what the series came from.

It's a really convoluted system so I'm with you, but at least it's going away in a few days. Hitman 3 is turning into "Hitman World of Assassination" and all owners get the Hitman 1+2 maps for free. But now there's gonna be more/different editions for sale!

I absolutely love Dishonored 2. I agree that the original had the fresher story, but it's hard to follow up once that precedent has been set. I actually played through as Corvo the first time I played 2 and Emily for my second playthrough. I've done low chaos Corvo, then high chaos Emily, then low chaos Emily and next I'll be doing a high chaos NG+ Corvo run with both of their abilities. Love Arkane. 

I've been playing through Hitman 3. I probably should have waited for 1/2 to get added before starting 3 to play the story in order but oh well. This is probably the most fun I've had playing a stealth game. I did play the OG Hitman 2 on Xbox back when I was a kid but I didn't really know what I was doing and played it like a run and gun shooter.

And I decided to pass on Breakpoint after reading those responses. Sounds like a bad game.

I absolutely love Dishonored 2. I agree that the original had the fresher story, but it's hard to follow up once that precedent has been set. I actually played through as Corvo the first time I played 2 and Emily for my second playthrough. I've done low chaos Corvo, then high chaos Emily, then low chaos Emily and next I'll be doing a high chaos NG+ Corvo run with both of their abilities. Love Arkane.
Ditto. Sure, Dishonored 1 and its DLC's were fresh and great & all - but dammit, Dis 2 also rules. Big problem back in the day was since it was on the Id Tech engine that ran RAGE - ugh, it ran like a hot mess.

Should be much better now w/ much newer hardware around.

Oh, and I love the time-piece and clockwork levels; those levels are amazing in Dis 2.

I've been playing through Hitman 3. I probably should have waited for 1/2 to get added before starting 3 to play the story in order but oh well. This is probably the most fun I've had playing a stealth game. I did play the OG Hitman 2 on Xbox back when I was a kid but I didn't really know what I was doing and played it like a run and gun shooter.
Hitman: World of Assassination games (the new Hitmans since 2016 - so that's Hitman 1 GOTY, Hitman 2 GOTY, and Hitman 3) all are awesome. Those games rock.

Hitman 2 SA: (2002) and Hitman: Blood Money will always have a special place in my heart; those games rule too. SA was the one that got me into the franchise - but BM's my favorite & probably the best of the club.

Hitman: Contracts was really good (underrated, IMHO) and Hitman: Absolution was good too (even though Hitman Ab might be the worst one in the franchise - yet it's still actually good) - but man, Blood Money in particular is just awesome.

Breakpoint's even worse 'cause it's boring...the cardinal sin of a open world shooter..
ftfy

Wildlands is what got me into the Ghost Recon Series....not to take anything away from older ones...which I think were probably more 'realistic'....Wildlands (I always want to call it Wilderlands.....too much Judges Guild D&D....) just clicked for me....also the Special Events/Operations were awesome:
Hunt the Predator and Marvel Team Up: My Wildlands team with Sam Fischer (voiced by Michael Ironside) booyah!

Yeah, I can understand where you're coming from. I'm not sure if I'm up for 2 playthroughs, but I will probably go back and do a Corvo playthrough. There is just something annoying (IMO) about Arkane gameplay....I can't really put my finger on it....(see Deathloop......ugh).

Thanks for the tips on AC Origins DLCs...might pick them up if they are cheapy/cheapy (I never buy season passes for PoopySoft games as I've usually had my fill of just the base game.....)

Hitman Installation nightmare....yep...I replayed Hitman 1(2016) when I had bought 2 and 3 and discovered 2 and 3 could be loaded into the Hitman 3 engine (cool!)....Getting 1 and 2 working in 3 (back when 3 initially came out)....not cool....

I don't know if it was just me, and I think I owe Dis 2 another try but when I first played it when it launched I couldn't get into it. I absolutely love Dis1 and i think it's one of the best Imsims of all time and I've played it through probably 4 or 5 times now, but for some reason with Dis 2 it just never clicked. I feel like it was insanely hard if I remember correctly. There was some riddle puzzle that drove me insane and while the clockwork mansion level was incredibly cool and a true marvel of level design I found it really difficult.

I partially blame myself cus I feel like at that point I just wasn't in the headspace for an Imsim and should have waited it out. I think it's probably a lot better than I remember and needs a real revisit. I loved Death of the Outsider when I played it and really loved Deathloop when that came out so pretty sure it was just a me issue

And I decided to pass on Breakpoint after reading those responses. Sounds like a bad game.
Hitman has fed my AssCreed hunger (now that AC has become Witcherified), fun games.....

Breakpoint isn't a bad game....it's worse than that...it's completely vanilla, bland boringness.....

I've enjoyed bad games:

• Rogue Warrior (starring Mickey Rourke as Dick Marcinko) is one of the best bad games....man it is just a trip...I would recommend it wholeheartedly https://youtu.be/Hs0WflggoAs
  • Dark Messiah of Might and Magic...another fun bad game...

Reply to Miker:

If you loved Death of the Outsider, you'll love Dis2. A lot of assets, levels, and whatnot from Death were re-used, re-cycled, and re-mixed in Outsider.

I just wish in Outsider - there were more levels and more time to spend w/ Billie's special powers and weapons (like that awesome magical knife), since you can get some of this stuff made late in the game; especially if you're like me and often do NOT do NG+ Modes too often.

EDIT - Yeah, don't play too many of the same games in a franchise or in the same genre close to each other or in a row, unless they're short. You can really burn yourself out on a franchise or genre by doing this. Learned the hard way, from trying to binge AC games in a row - and well, I'll probably NEVER do that ever again. Probably was a mistake w/ AC2 and then ABH in a row - and then I ain't touched AC games since AC Unity and AC Syndicate since then; never ever finished Unity, as I preferred Syndicate.

I'd guess I'd probably like Unity more so now than before, as AC has so strayed from AC since Origins, becoming more Witcher-like (W3 in particular) and whatnot.

Yeah, and I also AC Syndicate DLC's to tackle, got AC: Origins Complete to tackle, and AC Odyssey Complete all backlogged. Ugh.

Reply to Miker:

If you loved Death of the Outsider, you'll love Dis2. A lot of assets, levels, and whatnot from Death were re-used, re-cycled, and re-mixed in Outsider.

I just wish in Outsider - there were more levels and more time to spend w/ Billie's special powers and weapons (like that awesome magical knife), since you can get some of this stuff made late in the game; especially if you're like me and often do NOT do NG+ Modes too often.

EDIT - Yeah, don't play too many of the same games in a franchise or in the same genre close to each other or in a row, unless they're short. You can really burn yourself out on a franchise or genre by doing this. Learned the hard way, from trying to binge AC games in a row - and well, I'll probably NEVER do that ever again. Probably was a mistake w/ AC2 and then ABH in a row - and then I ain't touched AC games since AC Unity and AC Syndicate since then; never ever finished Unity, as I preferred Syndicate.

I'd guess I'd probably like Unity more so now than before, as AC has so strayed from AC since Origins, becoming more Witcher-like (W3 in particular) and whatnot.

Yeah, and I also AC Syndicate DLC's to tackle, got AC: Origins Complete to tackle, and AC Odyssey Complete all backlogged. Ugh.
Yeah that's kinda what I thought with Dis 2 & Outsider. Outsider definitely could have been longer. I know it doesn't have the greatest reviews but I thought it was a great little game. Will definitely try to add Dis2 to my list of games to get through this year. I have this new Imsim Ctrl, Alt, Ego at the top of my to play list - my time to game right now is incredibly slim so hopefully I'll get to it at somepoint I've heard it's great.

As far as AC games I fell off that train once they became... Huge action RPGs? I loved the settings and time periods they moved into, especially most recently with Valhalla but the appeal of those games always to me was the awesome stealth sequences and not absurd game length. Don't think I've played one since Syndicate, which I actually really loved but I also think it didn't get the love it deserved.

That said you're totally right about the burnout. I think the AC franchise always worked for me because I skipped 3, Brotherhood, Revelations, and Unity and Rouge - only getting one every other game pretty much kept it from getting too much burnout for me

Hitman: World of Assassination games (the new Hitmans since 2016 - so that's Hitman 1 GOTY, Hitman 2 GOTY, and Hitman 3) all are awesome. Those games rock.

Hitman 2 SA: (2002) and Hitman: Blood Money will always have a special place in my heart; those games rule too. SA was the one that got me into the franchise - but BM's my favorite & probably the best of the club.

Hitman: Contracts was really good (underrated, IMHO) and Hitman: Absolution was good too (even though Hitman Ab might be the worst one in the franchise - yet it's still actually good) - but man, Blood Money in particular is just awesome.
I may pickup the old ones for cheap after I've made my way through the new trilogy. Hitman 3 is super addictive and I'll have access to 1/2 tomorrow. I've started doing some of the side content like elusive targets and what feels like 30 minutes can quickly turn into 2 or 3 hours of playtime.

Hitman has fed my AssCreed hunger (now that AC has become Witcherified), fun games.....

Breakpoint isn't a bad game....it's worse than that...it's completely vanilla, bland boringness.....

I've enjoyed bad games:

• Rogue Warrior (starring Mickey Rourke as Dick Marcinko) is one of the best bad games....man it is just a trip...I would recommend it wholeheartedly https://youtu.be/Hs0WflggoAs
  • Dark Messiah of Might and Magic...another fun bad game...
I still think AC peaked with the Ezio trilogy and went downhill from there. I love The Witcher 3 but I don't need clones of it. I remember trying AC Origins on game pass and one of the early missions asked me to run out and hunt down some animals for skins. I ain't got time for that. Insta uninstall.

I may pickup the old ones for cheap after I've made my way through the new trilogy. Hitman 3 is super addictive and I'll have access to 1/2 tomorrow. I've started doing some of the side content like elusive targets and what feels like 30 minutes can quickly turn into 2 or 3 hours of playtime.
Man, you're in for a treat playing Sapienza for the first time. I'd argue the H1+H2 maps are better overall than those in H3, and I really loved H3. H2 maps in particular are just so consistently good across the board, especially the DLC.

Here's the thing about assassin's creed... it isn't assassin's creed anymore. I was probably the biggest AC fan over the last 15 years. Odyssey killed it for me. It's not that it's a bad game... it just isn't assassin's creed. Rather it is an action RPG with the AC name slapped on it. Call it anything you want to... just don't label an entirely different genre style gameplay as what the series came from.
100% agree....they really have lost their way. Don't get me wrong Black Flag was amazing from a gameply standpoint...i just think after AC3 they were like, well now what do we do?

Odyssey was really just another open world game and I thnk Origins they just wanted a way to do Egypt and said lets make it an origin story.

We will see if they focus more on the story with Basim now...I just think that I want it to go back to the story it was and convince myself that is whats happening.

Also I think I am one of the only people that actually appreciate the present day story segments....

Man, you're in for a treat playing Sapienza for the first time. I'd argue the H1+H2 maps are better overall than those in H3, and I really loved H3. H2 maps in particular are just so consistently good across the board, especially the DLC.
I second this for Sapienza. I think it's possibly the best map of all time. It's definitely in the conversation.

bread's done
Back