Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Rumors for the first Baten Kaitos are floating... I would hope its a dual pack with both titles.

Click the box, take whatever, do whatever. At least let others know what you nabbed.

Awesomenauts: 6YNQR-LJNL0-LD48L

Awesomenauts DLC: XDLN6-LK4AT-YH4B4

Nightsky: YRV3X-7ZFGW-A4Y6Z

Dominique Pamplemousse: QBKVB-70YC8-NZH4J

Battlesloths: 5GI8B-0TFP9-M7YVK

Uurnog Uurnlimited: 967D6-Y2CBI-QZVNE

Tumblestone: L9ET6-2I4DZ-VWM70

Slime-san: MJT3M-JQEB7-JNRMT

Hacknet: DVXBK-J3TX4-DJXB6

Millennium: A New Hope: TMMD6-088DV-8FWLK

Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You: MCK09-KEXP4-0MRZE

Automachef: YHD7L-CZX30-CYKTH

Through the Darkest of Times: YHIMQ-VIDY3-YBHRK

American Fugitive: XBTQQ-92BRW-EZKJK

The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters: Y27Q9-FK3QM-AA77J
Total Tank Simulator: QY2QH-70PR9-RWFWV
Boomerang Fu: Q3MAQ-IYZNC-ZYGNA
Worms Rumble: T4697-G6MCL-ETXHA
Kill It With Fire: VNPE3-PKXKN-5EAT2
Swag and Sorcery: Q02HK-06CID-7LMYX
Orwell: Ignorance is Strength: LQK8H-ICFPJ-VNP0Z
Talisman: Digital Edition: 8026Q-FMIZ3-LP9GP
Beyond The Wire: MPTPX-YD8RP-D3PZ9

Hello Neighbor: XKDXQ-Y27G4-QX3IN

Dirt Rally 2.0 CAR DLC: AITPV-LX3ZL-FAXJR

Dirt Rally 2.0 CAR DLC: ARJH7-QWWBD-JRE9P

Dirt Rally 2.0 CAR DLC: AM0QI-9Z24Q-DBWYI

XCOM® 2: Resistance Warrior Pack DLC: LF8XQ-BHWGY-HMYFQ
XCOM® 2: Reinforcement Pack DLC: P0ERX-HGVQR-HBVAR
Golf With Your Friends - OST: BJFM3-EFF2X-8JYI0

Worms Rumble Legends Pack DLC: P9MYX-GYDX9-9DN9M

Eador: Masters of the Broken World [GOG]: XBDUNGX7
Got the XCOM 2 DLCs.

Rumors for the first Baten Kaitos are floating... I would hope its a dual pack with both titles.

Click the box, take whatever, do whatever. At least let others know what you nabbed.

Was able to redeem Tumblestone. Thank you.

Legit question... how do you play games like this on a PC? I ask because I've been console only for the past 10 years, just recently buying a new gaming PC. Used to play mainly FPS and RTS like the original Call of Duty, Battlefield 2142, and Command and Conquer.

Or do the kids these days use console controllers on their PC? Decades ago that was always the dream...
Steam Deck

Wait, did that finally get a PC port?

EDIT:

USB-based Xbox 360 for Windows Controller over here. Yeah, I'm still old-schooling it over here from that 360 era on PC.

Probably gonna need to buy newer controllers at some point, as I'm down to my last 360 for Windows controller.

I certainly do prefer that over the Logitech F310.
I bought a red transparent X360 wired controller on a Black Friday a few years ago specifically for PC Windows gaming and emulation. I didn't own a X360 but that controller has come in clutch for several things I didn't anticipate. It automatically works when I plug it into my Steam Deck dock. It can handle GAMEPASS games on my PC. I think the wider width is more comfortable than the Series X controller. It has a strong durable cable with braided wire within a clear transparent covering.

sadly that rumors been floating around for a while so I don't have much faith in it. I'd be happy to be wrong.

Anyone played Rimworld DLCS? I did get the game on Fanatical (the base one) and am likely going to play it and get the DLC later if I like the game, but am wondering if the DLCS are worth it sometime.
I bought, started playing, and went back to DF so I'm not exactly a help there. I hear the newest one is the best of the set though... (Bio?) Most of the reddits I perused before buying recommend playing first though... which saved me some money.

liquid-pour.gif

JcM4kfh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried out Scott Pilgrim on UbiConnect, and the sound is ridiculously quiet. Turns out it's an issue on the Steam version as well. There's a mod for the Ubi version that seems to do a decent job of fixing it (at least so far), but supposedly the fix doesn't work with the Steam version. Crazy that it's been out this long and a major company hasn't patched it. 

Last edited:
Not crazy at all when that "major company" is Ubisoft. Bug fixes are probably not in their budget for the game considering they paid up to shove Denuvo in there

I think I remember some people here saying they had all the cheesemints for Vampire Survivors and I wanted to ask for a hint about weapon evolutions without being bombarded by straight up lists like what happens when I try to google it.

Are weapons/items duplicated in evolutions? 

Meaning...

If Whip + Hollow Heart = Bloody Tear

Can a different weapon + Hollow Heart = Something?

I hope that makes sense.  Just wanted to see if keeping track of what hasn't been paired yet is wasting time.

I'm trying to do it without looking things up but a couple things just doesn't seem to pair with anything, unless its something I haven't unlocked yet, which is entirely possible.

I think I remember some people here saying they had all the cheesemints for Vampire Survivors and I wanted to ask for a hint about weapon evolutions without being bombarded by straight up lists like what happens when I try to google it.

Meaning...

I hope that makes sense. Just wanted to see if keeping track of what hasn't been paired yet is wasting time.

I'm trying to do it without looking things up but a couple things just doesn't seem to pair with anything, unless its something I haven't unlocked yet, which is entirely possible.
mostly, no. Each (original) weapon pairs with a distinct accessory. There are a couple of things that are trickier and require evolved weapons or hidden items so depending how far you've progressed in game you may not be able to evolve those yet. The DLC weapons seem to re-use existing accessories so there is overlap there.

Meaning...

I hope that makes sense. Just wanted to see if keeping track of what hasn't been paired yet is wasting time.

Items only pair with one weapon for evolutions. If an item doesn't seem to pair with something, you need to unlock a character with the weapon that pairs with it. Depending on who/what you've unlocked, you might have some weapons that need items unlocked before they can evolve also (although for most, I think you get a free evolution (i.e. no item needed) the first time you max out its level). I think that's about all I can say without spoiling anything :)

mostly, no. Each (original) weapon pairs with a distinct accessory. There are a couple of things that are trickier and require evolved weapons or hidden items so depending how far you've progressed in game you may not be able to evolve those yet. The DLC weapons seem to re-use existing accessories so there is overlap there.
Thanks. Good to know about the DLC. I plan on eventually getting that.

Items only pair with one weapon for evolutions. If an item doesn't seem to pair with something, you need to unlock a character with the weapon that pairs with it. Depending on who/what you've unlocked, you might have some weapons that need items unlocked before they can evolve also (although for most, I think you get a free evolution (i.e. no item needed) the first time you max out its level). I think that's about all I can say without spoiling anything :)
Thanks.

It's annoying how hard it is to look at anything without getting something spoiled. I had one evolution spoiled randomly because I was trying to search to see if the Grimoire doesn't show paths until you have everything required to evolve it. Since I have some weapons unlocked that doesn't show up next to a "?" in the Grimoire... though maybe those pair with another weapon instead of an accessory... I clicked one thread on steam discussions and second sentence was a later evolution used as an example.

Meaning...

To answer the specific questions, yes, it is possible for one support item (such as hollow heart) to work as the evolution pair for multiple weapons. There are also some weapons that evolve without a support item. Then there are a handful of evolutions that require multiple items or steps.

I know your question has already been answered but I'm on the toilet and I really need something to keep me occupied right now.

Hey I've been trying to buy keys to a Humble Bundle are the keys region locked? I can't find an answer anywhere. (Well, anymore than a 5 minute Google search anyway!)

In case you haven't played enough Cut the Rope for free on your phone, you can catch a rare sale on Steam for $1.49.

It is getting delisted February 6th. Yes, that means foreeeever. Maybe,

It took me 32 hours of gameplay to figure out that you can have more than six passive items in Vampire Survivors.
Took me months or even years to figure some stuff out back in the day. Back when they had manual inside game cases I tend to find some things out about a game that I didnt learn while playing I be like wtf I gotta start reading these manuals.

You don't just take everything?
I tried picking up something after I had six accessories shortly after getting the map, but I thought it didn't do anything. I must've just not noticed it. So then I just ignored items on the ground unless I wanted it to be one of my six.

I can be pretty dumb sometimes.

Slice & Dice review after only 3 wins with one being on hard after about I'm guessing 15 hours.

itch.io

This one is a game where you have classes and in the classic mode play 1 of each type (mage, warrior, knight, rogue and a healer) and you roll dice according to your class and do moves and can gain mana and shield and heal and a lot of things. The gameplay is punishing as heck as you see what the enemies roll and how the damage will play out. It's like a puzzle with the randomness of the dice. There are 20 rounds and the last one has a really big bad with many others having big bad monsters as well. You also get items that add dice sides or mitigate them, or just help/hinder your characters.

The graphics are OK, as is the sound, but there is no music at all. This game requires a good mouse, but is also on Google Play I believe, and I believe would play well there. This game reminds me a lot of Card Quest with it's minimal graphics and puzzle like gameplay.

Overall it's worth the $8 dollars on itch.io and is hard as heck. Hard mode is extremely hard and there is a harder mode than that unlocked afterwards. Everything is punishing but slick. Monsters do get extremely powerful though and more unlocks bring a lot more items/characters/baddies. Worth it and has quite a lot of content on release. 8/10

Dragon Age: Dreadwolf.

Rumors flying around about DA:D:

-> https://insider-gaming.com/exclusive-new-details-on-dragon-age-dreadwolf-revealed/

-> https://www.thegamer.com/dragon-age-dreadwolf-combat-final-fantasy-15/

Notes:

-> Rumors going around about game-design & combat for DA: Dreadwolf.

-> DA:D has a central hub similar to Destiny (and Anthem), which is where you regroup w/ your crew & get missions.

-> This is namely b/c they had to pivot from the original multiplayer design that EA wanted.

-> Combat is said to be similar to FF15 & Mass Effect games, where you have mostly full control of the main character...

-> ...And you can only order your party around for namely mostly just their Special Moves.

It took me 32 hours of gameplay to figure out that you can have more than six passive items in Vampire Survivors.
I typically avoid the items on the ground since they will take up one of your six slots if you haven't already filled them up. I prefer to choose the items I want. But the nice thing about the items on the ground is that you can still grab them even after you've filled up all six slots. It's actually possible to have all passive items at the same time.

I typically avoid the items on the ground since they will take up one of your six slots if you haven't already filled them up. I prefer to choose the items I want. But the nice thing about the items on the ground is that you can still grab them even after you've filled up all six slots. It's actually possible to have all passive items at the same time.
Yeah. That's why I usually didn't pick stuff up.

The secret about having all the items maxed out is how I figured out you could pick stuff up.

My system is pretty old, but I still didn't think Vampire Survivors would tax it. Getting about 5fps in the spoiled screenshot.

I had spent about 10 minutes looking for the trickster to buy another card... I wanted to add Game Killer to this... lol

xFxpF0i.png

Just to say I will be doing random mini game reviews of unplayed right now Steam games that will be played for about 10 minutes or so to try out stuff from my backlog and many bundled games that I didn't put in my trash Steam category. Look forward to those and I will spoil all of them to not put too much on the forum that people don't want to read.

I did also play and beat one last of my Christmas haul purchases Indies' Lies. This is very much a Slay the Spire like except with crazy numbers for damage and such. They don't mess around and lots of numbers seem high.

The graphics in this one are relatively nice. They're kind of anime like (like Chinese animation), with some exaggerated bodies with muscles and boobs and such. I think it's clean and animates well enough for effects and such. The sound is standard but good. Lots of okay music and sounds.

The gameplay loop consists of you having one character of a class (I believe they're knight, engineer, fighter and mage) and they all have a passive ability of their own making them different. Also playing in their class unlocks class abilities, which are unique to the classes and represented by a single card. You move one square at a time getting in fights, event spaces, rest spaces, shops, elite spaces (harder fights to get relics), and a very unique one which is a smith. Here you can add slots to cards (some come with some) and attach gems to them. These gems count as cards otherwise and take up space (they usually go away once you use it in combat) until they're faceted on cards.

The battles play out like Slay the Spire and you have a certain amount of energy to play cards. The enemy intents are shown so you can prepare as well. Every battle you win gets money for stuff, items to use in combat that provide bonuses, and cards of which you can replace or add to decks. If you replace you change out generally your starter cards for more powerful effects. This pretty much mitigates cards getting old and not being useful anymore. More deck building rogue lites should have this feature. It doesn't feel like an extreme power boost, but helps so your deck is only going towards what you want it to do.

A special thing you earn from elites and bosses are shards I think and these help you level up passives in a descending choice tree that unlocks a lot of passive stuff including very useful skills. These are randomized every run to help keep the variety. Also after each major boss you have a choice of 3 heroes to add to your party. They add a few cards specialized on other things and also 1 more action point as well, so they're important. The difficulty of the game can be hard, but for the most part I feel very strong and specialized.

There is one more mode where if you beat the story as a character you can do their story mode. You get cards and meet characters important to them and also characters you can play as. If you complete this you earn another special class card I believe unique to the character. These are long and the writing isn't very good. I'm pretty sure this was a Chinese game translated to English as their some bad wording in this story mode and the cards themselves. It's never truly horrible, but deserves a mention. I didn't like this story mode, but would play them to get the extra choice for the other areas.

Overall I like this one enough, but I don't think I love it. Some parts don't feel as well put together, but there is a lot of variety, even if it feels a little samey. It's still a solid enough one and a better Slay the Spire clone than some. It wouldn't be my first Slay the Spire like I would buy though. 7/10

Solid GPU-buying advice right here. That's exactly what happened during the last cycle two years ago.

Timestamp @ 13m34s; I guess we can't do that while embedding videos here. But the whole thing is worth a watch if you are in the market to buy a new GPU. Closeout pricing is happening right now, as sad as that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p79H_XOwpZo&t=814s

People are going to be tempted to wait until the new cards drop but that plan is not going to fly. You're going to get stuck with unavailability and super-premium pricing if you wait until the fall when the 4000 series launches.

Current cards are getting closed out. They are hundreds of dollars cheaper than they were just two months ago. Then they will be gone soon, over the next ~1.5 months. It doesn't really matter how you feel about it.

Yes, they have a timeline. The 4000 is incoming. That's why they are making the current lineup *poof* gone.
Does anyone know where I can find an RTX 30 series? Someone swore up and down they were going to disappear from the face of the earth and we'd all get screwed into buying a 40 series. I need a new video card but all I can find are these.

Hah, Jay was only 6+ months off with his idiot advice. Still not convinced he didn't get a heads up that his buds at EVGA were quitting the vid card business 2 months from that July video he made.

Most of the high end 30 series is sold out or they are slowly selling them at higher prices to not lose as much cash when they had to buy them during crypto boom. The best options Nvidia are a 3060 or 3060ti, most everything else is overpriced unless you go used.

AMD deals have dried up too. I saw a deal at NE for a 6800xt for $530. Sold out quick though.

Hah, Jay was only 6+ months off with his idiot advice. Still not convinced he didn't get a heads up that his buds at EVGA were quitting the vid card business 2 months from that July video he made.

Most of the high end 30 series is sold out or they are slowly selling them at higher prices to not lose as much cash when they had to buy them during crypto boom. The best options Nvidia are a 3060 or 3060ti, most everything else is overpriced unless you go used.

AMD deals have dried up too. I saw a deal at NE for a 6800xt for $530. Sold out quick though.

I have a phoenix 3060 RTX 12GB card that came with a pre-built I bought in December. I just bought a new 5950x CPU and cooler, plus a WD 850x hard drive. Going forward my bottle neck may be my GPU. Should I ride this one out for a while or look at changing this as well?

I have a phoenix 3060 RTX 12GB card that came with a pre-built I bought in December. I just bought a new 5950x CPU and cooler, plus a WD 850x hard drive. Going forward my bottle neck may be my GPU. Should I ride this one out for a while or look at changing this as well?
Unless you have a 4k monitor and plan on pushing 4k as much as you can I'd say you're set for awhile.

Yeah depends on your screen resolution and if you have 144hz refresh. Rumor is the 4060ti will be $500 or so and equal a 3070 in performance. Maybe they release in late spring but who knows.

It wouldn't be my first Slay the Spire like I would buy though. 7/10
Thanks for the review. As a huge fan of the Slay the Spire, I am curious, what other Slay the Spire like games do you like? I haven't really found a good replacement although I have tried a fair share of games.

Thanks for the review. As a huge fan of the Slay the Spire, I am curious, what other Slay the Spire like games do you like? I haven't really found a good replacement although I have tried a fair share of games.
I agree with you and haven't found many other decent ones. I've played many including stuff like Arcanium (more Hearthstone like, but was OK) to Gordian Quest (alright but too long for most playthroughs) to other stuff like Breach Wanderers. They all had decent parts, but didn't quite give me my taste for a long running game I'm always willing to play.

One I did play a decent amount of was Tainted Grail: Conquest. It has a good sense of adventure exploring the land (also makes playthroughs longer...could have been a few choices like Slay the Spire), but has a good amount of creatures and cards. This isn't perfect, but it was fun for my almost 20 hours of play time. It was really good and I had a fun time unlocking and trying to win with every character class. This is about a 7.5/10 in my book, which is good as I consider 7/10 games to be good, with 8 being great, 9 superb, and 10 close to perfect.

Roguebook is my other favorite I played a lot of with close to 26 hours in it. This one has excellent combo feeling gameplay, which shouldn't come as a surprise as Richard Garfield helped design it. This one has great exploration, cool characters and combos, and has a great difficulty with penalties you can choose to make it harder. I beat it about 10 times I think increasing the difficulty multiple times and generally choose the random 2 heroes gameplay. You only get 2, but you can do a lot with them. I don't think it gets enough praise, but it generally sells cheaper now and I wouldn't doubt it if it got bundled sometime this year. You should get the character DLC, as having more characters ups the variety immensely. 8/10.

If you or anyone else has any questions about most of the card based rogue lite deck building or not card games, I've likely played it so ask unless it's brand new. I bought that samurai card turn based strategy game and will try to play it in the next few days. Looks pretty neat.

Also Steam Next Fest let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Monster Train replaced StS for me as a roguelike deckbuilder a couple of years ago. Though I recently got back into StS...with a string of bad luck that had me almost uninstall it and go back to MT.

Gordian Quest I need to try again since it left early access but I agree that each game is long. I like Tainted Grail Conquest as well. But none of them seems to replace Monster Train for me.

I picked up MahoKenshi last week but not played it yet.

Does anyone know where I can find an RTX 30 series? Someone swore up and down they were going to disappear from the face of the earth and we'd all get screwed into buying a 40 series. I need a new video card but all I can find are these.
oh I think I get it. The PC gamers are roleplaying like they are actual customers again.

dqiv04.gif

"Hello sir! Welcome to our fine establishment. What kind of brand new video card are you interested in?

I see you would like teh Sony first party games. Those come at a hefty sum of 20 gold coins. ahh that's too bad. Well please come back another time!"

bread's done
Back