Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Yeah, Bethesda’s Fallout humor just hits different. Like the vaults in F3, especially the Gary vault or the one where everyone is trapped in a simulation. Very dark and downright creepy, like a good classic Twilight Zone episode. A different tone than the early games, but it still fit in with the Cold War sci-fi narrative. They lost a lot of that in F4 and F76 unfortunately. Now that Microsoft owns both Bethesda & Obsidian, it would be nice if they just let Obsidian handle Fallout from now on. Bethesda has their hands full with Elder Scrolls and Skyrim anyway. Maybe have inXile help out too and they could end up with a truly amazing Fallout game that’s a worthy successor to the first two and New Vegas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Original Fallout games were punk rock; later Fallout titles were sellout tours to pad wallets.

You can enjoy both, but the message and soul from the series died after it went to Bethesda, with New Vegas being the exception.

I don't think Starforge... fall... fighter...fleet... field will have any biting commentary, given it's name is generic as crap in comparison to The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series.  But perhaps that just because those have been around so long...

I can't wait to experience Starfield's soon-to-be-legendary bugs!

That stargate thing in the trailer gave me Oblivion gate vibes.

Bethesda Game Studios has put out too many clunkers recently for me to put blind faith in Starfield. It's kind of giving me a Cyberpunk 2077 vibe where it might be a decent game later on, but I don't have any hype for it and won't get it at launch

In unrelates news, today Activision put three Call of Duty games on Steam: Modern Warfare 2019, Black Ops Cold War, and Vanguard, and they're all on sale for half off. Now every CoD game of the last 15-20 years is on Steam again... except they left out Black Ops 4 for some reason ☹️

Bethesda open world games are good for one thing and one thing only—being a canvas for modders to experiment with. I look forward to seeing what they come up with, and might buy Starfield when the complete edition hits ~$8.

ImmenseGreatAmericancurl-size_restricted.gif

Starfield does not look fun to me. All the spaceship crafting and base building will be mind numbingly boring busywork just like settlements in FO4. Skyrim was my favorite Bethesda RPG because I never felt like I was forced to do any one specific thing. I could explore at my own pace and do what I want.

When I hear things like "over 1000 planets to explore" used as a selling point it turns me off. It means 998 will have nothing to see. A Mass Effect style space opera is so much more appealing to me than actually exploring an empty space.

In unrelates news, today Activision put three Call of Duty games on Steam: Modern Warfare 2019, Black Ops Cold War, and Vanguard, and they're all on sale for half off. Now every CoD game of the last 15-20 years is on Steam again... except they left out Black Ops 4 for some reason ☹️
I'd pay $10 for shoot 'em up, USA military propaganda the game, but the fact Acti-Blizz keeps those games so high in cost well after their prime, they never see a dime from me. I figure it's to incentivize the eventual remaster that will have even more features! microtransactions!

I'd pay $10 for shoot 'em up, USA military propaganda the game, but the fact Acti-Blizz keeps those games so high in cost well after their prime, they never see a dime from me. I figure it's to incentivize the eventual remaster that will have even more features! microtransactions!
I don't mind those games staying at $30 on sale as much, just because you don't have to buy any DLC for them. The DLC was free for all those games. It's also great because the lobbies don't get split up between people with DLC maps and people without. When you add the fact that it's crossplay, it's very easy to find lobbies which is nice

Personally I didn't like MW2019, and I think everyone knows how rushed and bad Vanguard is (although the Zombies is... kind of passable?)

But Black Ops Cold War is one of my favorite CoD games ever, maybe my all time favorite. The Zombies mode is very fun, especially the Outbreak mode. I played it enough to do every easter egg, get the Dark Aether camo on every weapon, and finish every single Zombies-related challenge. If you were ever into CoD Zombies, I highly highly recommend checking this out

(I didn't play the campaign, but heard it was pretty good. And my friends and I have tons of fun with the Prop Hunt mode in multiplayer, and the 3v3 Knife Fight mode when it rotates in. But other than that I don't really play much CoD multiplayer anymore. People seem to really enjoy it in Cold War though)

But Black Ops Cold War is one of my favorite CoD games ever, maybe my all time favorite. The Zombies mode is very fun, especially the Outbreak mode. I played it enough to do every easter egg, get the Dark Aether camo on every weapon, and finish every single Zombies-related challenge. If you were ever into CoD Zombies, I highly highly recommend checking this out
I will second this. I just spun up Outbreak the other day and had just as much fun with it on solo that I did when I used to play it nightly with friends.

I doubt any COD will top say COD1, 2, COD 4 MW (2007), and COD4: MW2 (2009).

Old-school Infinity Ward was just out-standing - i.e. before West and Zampella left and took a lot of their squad w/ them over to Respawn.

SIDE NOTE: Titanfall 2 is incredible; both the campaign and the MP back then.

Nothing against Treyarch and Sledgehammer - but Black Ops games (except BO4) have been pretty good, that I've played - namely, pointing at BO1 and 2 here.

I need to get back into the campaigns - got like Ghosts, AW, WW2, BO3, and probably others backlogged.

Still dunno how I missed COD: WaW too; never owned it, oddly enough.

So, I don't game on PC, but I thought maybe one of you fine folks might be able to help me out. I bought the last of us firefly edition and I want to sell the steam key. What would be the best way to go about doing this?

Wargroove by Chucklefish is 70% off.  I decided to nibble.  Looks like a bunch of different games I used to play on the 3DS way back.  Chucklefish is the one who did Stardew Valley and apparently it's on sale due to a sequel being announced.

Wargroove by Chucklefish is 70% off. I decided to nibble. Looks like a bunch of different games I used to play on the 3DS way back. Chucklefish is the one who did Stardew Valley and apparently it's on sale due to a sequel being announced.
Chucklefish published Stardew. It was developed by ConcernedApe

That was an awful lot of Call of Duty talk on my True Gamer[emoji769] forum. Hopefully y'all got it out of your system.
Nope. I've wanted to play Cold War but wasn't going to pay full price. It was also apparently $20 on Bnet last holiday sale so it should be that on Steam.

Also, those specs on Last of Us are all over the place. They better have cleaned up those graphics to justify higher than ps4 specs for 720p.

So, I don't game on PC, but I thought maybe one of you fine folks might be able to help me out. I bought the last of us firefly edition and I want to sell the steam key. What would be the best way to go about doing this?
Trading forums usually BUT I might also be interested depending on what you wanted for it.

All of these Next-Gen Only PS5/XSX versions (which don't have last-gen versions or PC straight-up gets Next-Gen port) getting demanding PC ports w/ stiff requirements seem to be the norm now - i.e. Forspoken, Gotham Knights, Returnal, Hogwarts (last-gen ports got delayed for consoles), etc etc. 

I expect most PC games will now want 6-8gb VRAM GPU (with RTX 1000 to 2000 as minimums) & 16 GB RAM to 32GB RAM.

Yeah, St. Patty's day--dungeons and drinking. They knew what they were doing.
Their choice of dates for the game have been interesting. The game is releasing on June 6th, which is the date D-Day (invasion of Europe) started in WWII.

So now we got a different type of D-Day happening and a new type of hell being unleashed.

So, yeah, they know what they are doing.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but Voidu is running a 20% off coupon for the remainder of the month.  The coupon code is MarchMadness and it even works on pre-orders (I pre-ordered both RE4 Deluxe and Street Fighter 6 Ultimate with it).

Plus if you have an account you can earn points to put towards future purchases.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but Voidu is running a 20% off coupon for the remainder of the month. The coupon code is MarchMadness and it even works on pre-orders (I pre-ordered both RE4 Deluxe and Street Fighter 6 Ultimate with it).

Plus if you have an account you can earn points to put towards future purchases.
Voidu had a 30% off coupon a few months ago making RE4 deluxe $49. I'll wait a bit longer closer to release to see if any deals pop up, but Voidu currently has the best deal on it if you want the preorder bonuses. CDkeys has the best price ($49) but pre-order bonuses aren't included. I should've just preordered it a few months ago

Voidu had a 30% off coupon a few months ago making RE4 deluxe $49. I'll wait a bit longer closer to release to see if any deals pop up, but Voidu currently has the best deal on it if you want the preorder bonuses. CDkeys has the best price ($49) but pre-order bonuses aren't included. I should've just preordered it a few months ago
Yeah, I know about this one cause my brother managed to take advantage of the offer at the time (he pre-ordered 3 games with the coupon, including RE4 Deluxe). I missed out on it unfortunately, though they didn't have SF6 for pre-order yet at the time.

But yeah, right now I think they have the best pre-order price for RE4 from an authorized reseller so I had to bite. I can't wait to play this next week.

Yeah, I know about this one cause my brother managed to take advantage of the offer at the time (he pre-ordered 3 games with the coupon, including RE4 Deluxe). I missed out on it unfortunately, though they didn't have SF6 for pre-order yet at the time.

But yeah, right now I think they have the best pre-order price for RE4 from an authorized reseller so I had to bite. I can't wait to play this next week.
I ended up buying a few bundles from fanatical with a 20% off bundle coupon I had and got a 10% off coupon from the Spring scratchcard that works on RE4 deluxe bringing it down to $53. I guess I'll be getting it from there, otherwise I'd go the Voidu route.

I ended up buying a few bundles from fanatical with a 20% off bundle coupon I had and got a 10% off coupon from the Spring scratchcard that works on RE4 deluxe bringing it down to $53. I guess I'll be getting it from there, otherwise I'd go the Voidu route.
can i ask how you got the fanatical 20% promo? thanks

Friendly reminder that the Steam Spring Sale starts this Thursday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVPS9Nfk8rY

I believe this is the first year where they're doing an official Spring sale too.

bread's done
Back