Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
There's that and Nintendo published games hardly ever get sales, or if they do it's not a big discount. Live a Live is already at a historical low on GMG and it's not even released yet on PC (32% off for XP members).

I usually only buy first party games on Switch, or games that are exclusive.. but I have bought a couple of Square Enix games that were temporary exclusives and double dipped when they came to steam. I still think it's worth owning a switch for the first party stuff, but indie stuff is a lot more affordable on steam
Once the Steam Deck 2 gets released, with a screen comparable to the OLED Switch hopefully, I might transition to that device.

sidenote- Stacklands is good fun on the Deck. I recommend people wishlist it for the next sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct, but since he was trying to upgrade in the past, I'm going to bet there's a reason he doesnt want to wipe and start fresh. You learn to pick your battles in IT.
Laziness.

The 1st drive with W7 OS on it (1TB HDD 7200rpm) is installed & almost full already w/ games. Of course, W7's all up-to-date w/ Services Packs, Windows Update, all of that stuff on that old system.

I could easily go inside & disconnect the other 2-4 HDD's drives also inside (I'd have boot it up and/or check and see how many drives are in there). All of those are full or close to it too w/ all games.

If I ever re-download everything else, move those other drives out (and likely onto Hard Drive Docks), move stuff, etc etc - then it'd be worth experimenting with & starting over with.

Have you guys bought keys from g2a or eneba and can they be trusted? the pricing on g2a seems too good on alot of games.
I've bought keys from eneba. They are fine but they do charge a small convenience fee at checkout. I think that if you get a bad code, which I have had happen twice, the refund run around you have to go through to get your money back or a replacement code is a little too much. They seem to favor the seller over the buyer. I try not to buy expensive codes from them and I usually stick to buyers with lots of sales and good feedback. I've bought Steam, Xbox and Switch codes from them. Only had issues with two steam codes.

I've bought keys from eneba. They are fine but they do charge a small convenience fee at checkout. I think that if you get a bad code, which I have had happen twice, the refund run around you have to go through to get your money back or a replacement code is a little too much. They seem to favor the seller over the buyer. I try not to buy expensive codes from them and I usually stick to buyers with lots of sales and good feedback. I've bought Steam, Xbox and Switch codes from them. Only had issues with two steam codes.
Thank you for your response.

Grabbed a couple codes off of eneba, both worked fine.

If anyone has a steamgifts account, make sure you check it today.

Good April Fools joke...

Last warning...

9ijvy03.jpeg

grumpy_cat.gif

Nier Automata is finally on sale again. For some reason it only goes on sale once a year.
So, GreenManGaming has this for $20 (no Tier) or $16 if you are Tiered (I'm Gold Tier over there). I grabbed it.

Some thoughts.

This game's down-right bananas. Some 3 1/2 hours in...and just got through the tutorial and into the open world. This game is a total on-slaughter of visual delights, action galore & genre-jumping. Most games these days wouldn't even use fixed cameras here & there, but this game can go quickly & seamlessly with no cuts from the usual & standard 3rd-person behind the character action-adventure/lite-ARPG/lite-JRPG to...well, who knows what, since this game loves to play homage also to other genres. It can go often seamlessly without camera cuts from old-school 1942 or Xevious up-ward scrolling arcade-style space-ship shooter or plane-flying shooting. And in the tutorial, this game can go from 3rd-person action game and switching ever to an overhead camera action game like Hotline Miami and/or even a bullet-hell type of game; it's dizzying. And in the tutorial, this game is doing this stuff constantly.

And the fights with these huge bosses are bananas & intense. Combat's smooth, fluid, and fantastic here. Platinum's combat here is a joy with my X360 for Windows USB-based gamepad, as this game's running at 1080p60fps with no slow-downs or anything most of the time. I've seen it hit 56fps at its worst...and that's it. I'm glad the controls are customizable, as I didn't like Dodge on RT; moved it over to B and flipped Action key (from B) over to RT - and I'm all good here. Camera is super-smooth, whether it's the usual 3rd person typical action-adventure of going into some other genre. Also, the music sounds great & the art design's awesome, often being unique, weird, different, artistic, and whatnot.

Gonna have to give this more time - but so far, this game rocks.

As promised, I picked up The Last of Us and played about an hour of it so far (would have played more but I'm addicted to Hades right now). I didn't enjoy the part where it took 40 minutes to compile shaders but I haven't seen any of the crazy glitches or had any of the crashes that have been widely reported. For me just being able to play in ultrawide and without a piece of crap dualsense makes this the definitive version for me. I still like TLOU a lot, but honestly the gameplay feels like shit after having just finished RE4. Naughty Dog are really good at some things but when it comes to the actual gameplay/gunplay it still feels like a chore in their games. I always sigh a heavy sigh when starting a new  encounter. But at least the combat isn't nearly as tedious and unsatisfying as the Uncharted titles.

As it stands now, Returnal is the best Sony game that has come to PC. Now just release Demon's Souls and don't fuck that one up, Sony.

So, GreenManGaming has this for $20 (no Tier) or $16 if you are Tiered (I'm Gold Tier over there). I grabbed it.

Some thoughts.

This game's down-right bananas. Some 3 1/2 hours in...and just got through the tutorial and into the open world. This game is a total on-slaughter of visual delights, action galore & genre-jumping. Most games these days wouldn't even use fixed cameras here & there, but this game can go quickly & seamlessly with no cuts from the usual & standard 3rd-person behind the character action-adventure/lite-ARPG/lite-JRPG to...well, who knows what, since this game loves to play homage also to other genres. It can go often seamlessly without camera cuts from old-school 1942 or Xevious up-ward scrolling arcade-style space-ship shooter or plane-flying shooting. And in the tutorial, this game can go from 3rd-person action game and switching ever to an overhead camera action game like Hotline Miami and/or even a bullet-hell type of game; it's dizzying. And in the tutorial, this game is doing this stuff constantly.

And the fights with these huge bosses are bananas & intense. Combat's smooth, fluid, and fantastic here. Platinum's combat here is a joy with my X360 for Windows USB-based gamepad, as this game's running at 1080p60fps with no slow-downs or anything most of the time. I've seen it hit 56fps at its worst...and that's it. I'm glad the controls are customizable, as I didn't like Dodge on RT; moved it over to B and flipped Action key (from B) over to RT - and I'm all good here. Camera is super-smooth, whether it's the usual 3rd person typical action-adventure of going into some other genre. Also, the music sounds great & the art design's awesome, often being unique, weird, different, artistic, and whatnot.

It runs really well on my Steam Deck. I picked it up when it was on sale for $20 on Steam .... earlier this week? Last weekend? Played it some this week while I was traveling, and had no issues on the deck. Definitely a fun game!

Make sure to play through it 3 times. I believe that is the amount to get the entire story (which is worth it). Loved Nier: Automata

Some thoughts.

New March 2023 Steam Survey is up, for those wondering what a good deal of users have for hardware now: - https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam
Honestly, the most interesting part to me is the 9% shift from AMD to Intel processors again. The 13th gen is reigning back a lot of ground Intel lost since ~10th gen.

This game's down-right bananas.
To me, it has hands down the best OST in like 20 years.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jpJM6nc6fE

I ain't skipping TLOU P1 PC port entirely. I just buy like most CAG's here: WAY later when it's dirt-cheap. 

It might be best for many of us to get better hardware, whether now or better yet years down the line when we all have 24GB VRAM in a mid-range card when 100GB VRAM cards exist - when it can brute force real performance out of the game. ;)

Refunds on TLOU P1 PC port.

Batman Arkham Knight situation all over again, as Steam has been offering up refunds for The Last Of Us Part 1 PC version:

- https://gamerant.com/last-of-us-refund-pc-steam/
Maybe Valve can pull a Sony and remove the game from their store until they fix their shit. #cyberpunk'd

On another note, Tainted Grail Fall of Avalon went early access and is what I'd call 'STALKER meets Skyrim'. The boardgame is extremely well liked for its story-telling and the game seems strong for it so far. I'd wait a bit to pick it up however, as 7 hours in I hit the save bug affecting a lot of people where you simply can't load any saves. Waiting for a fix, but it's a damn good game for $27 so far.

Is the issue that whoever ported it left Druckmann's writing intact?
Nope, can't speak on the game and its writing yet - don't own it, ain't bought it. Will certainly buy way later, when it's My Usual CAG Territory likely (i.e. 75% off or better or $15 or less; or in Bundles) and will have my thoughts on all the game & its writing whenever I purchase it & play it.

Looking forward to it, of course, at some point - especially given that Witcher Season 1 Netflix and TLOU HBO series were both pretty good overall - two of the best conversions of something from game converted to TV show or movie.

So, Iron Galaxy basically struck again w/ a poor technical PC port...just like Batman: Arkham Knight PC port and Uncharted LOT PC port.

This is probably only going to get worse on the console porting-to-PC porting process, as more games abandon the PS4/X1 hardware and do mainly PS5/XSX versions, dev's/pub's do lazy ports like this & don't optimize, since Windows is so bloated anyways in so many ways (ugh, where to begin on this?), way more PC variants of hardware out there than 1-or-2 console boxes so not every PC variant will be battle-tested, if PC hardware doesn't push stuff forward VRAM-wise, and Nvidia keeps skimping on VRAM on mid-range cards and lower, the mentality of dev's and pub's "Release now, patch later" (instead of release later when it's in great shape), 8gb VRAM cards seem to have lots of problems w/ TLOU P1 (even though above those above it are golden...for the most part, other than the mouse issue).

I'm gonna be curious on Silent Hill 2 Remake, as that flat-out requires 8gb VRAM minimum (GTX 1080). And it's not like Bloober's known for best PC technical versions at launch either (see The Medium - it's demanding on PC hardware).

Is the issue that whoever ported it left Druckmann's writing intact?
If you are critiquing the writing of the Last of Us the video game, I would love to hear what games you consider to have great writing? I don't play visual novels and I am sure there are plenty there, but in regards to games that offer interactive gameplay, I haven't played a game with better acting and writing than the Last of Us. For me, Naughty Dog and Rockstar are the cream of the crop when offering great writing combined with acting.

If you are critiquing the writing of the Last of Us the video game, I would love to hear what games you consider to have great writing? I don't play visual novels and I am sure there are plenty there, but in regards to games that offer interactive gameplay, I haven't played a game with better acting and writing than the Last of Us. For me, Naughty Dog and Rockstar are the cream of the crop when offering great writing combined with acting.
Since I have not played Uncharted, how is the writing in those?

Granted, I can't speak much on Naughty Dog yet, as most of their stuff ain't on PC - I'd also put BioWare (excluding ME: Andromeda and also probably Anthem, but I ain't played Anthem), Obsidian, Black Isle (PS:T dev's - RIP), and the makers of Disco Elysium up there.

EDIT - CDPR's pretty good too. Looking at Witcher games mostly here.

I enjoy the writing and performances in Naughty Dog games. I'd put them in the top tier of game developers in that regard. For me, it's the gameplay where I think they are often mediocre. I don't think it's a good thing that I'm enjoying myself the most in a Naughty Dog game when I'm casually exploring the environment at my own pace or when I'm watching a cutscene. Getting through the actual combat and puzzles is a chore in both Uncharted and TLOU. For me they are a lot like Rockstar in that regard. I love the worlds they create but when the time comes to actually start shooting or being actively involved in a mission, I just want those parts to end as quickly as possible. The main difference being that I can't tolerate 95% of the dialogue in a Rockstar game. While ND may sniff their own farts, Rockstar actually eat their own shit and good god they cannot get enough of it.

That makes me think of lv5 as well. The world's are often beautiful and interesting but they bog down the gameplay with numerous bad design decisions and tedium.

I haven't played all of their games yet however.

Oh but I will say that of what I have played Jeanne D'arc was a pretty good srpg on the psp.

Since I have not played Uncharted, how is the writing in those?

Granted, I can't speak much on Naughty Dog yet, as most of their stuff ain't on PC - I'd also put BioWare (excluding ME: Andromeda and also probably Anthem, but I ain't played Anthem), Obsidian, Black Isle (PS:T dev's - RIP), and the makers of Disco Elysium up there.

EDIT - CDPR's pretty good too. Looking at Witcher games mostly here.
Uncharted games are also great. And yes I agree with CD Projekt Red too. I would add them to the list with Rockstar and Naughty Dog. In regards to BioWare, although you are probably right, I guess my main issue is the "acting" part. Dialogues are more monotone with their games. But I also understand that when you have a game where you have to choose your answers it is harder to have great "acting". But then again, I think CD Projekt Red does it better than BioWare.

Studios don't write games. Individuals do, and Amy Hennig is a more talented individual than Neil Druckmann. It's not a coincidence that Uncharted started to decline when she left.

You're going to see the same thing with Rockstar now that both Dan Houser and Lazlow Jones have left.

The writing in The Last of Us is mostly fine. It's the sequel where they started sniffing their own farts while writing the plot
It's easy, The Last of Us is what you get when Bruce Straley was there to keep Neil Druckmann in check. A MASTERPIECE! Best game of all time! TLOU2 and the show is what you get when Straley is no longer there to keep things in check... Druckmann's perverted wet fantasy.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor PC Requirements have been revealed.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor PC Requirements:

- RAM: 8Gb

- CPU Features: 4 core / 8 threads

- CPU* AMD: Ryzen 5 1400

- GPU** AMD: Radeon RX 580

- GPU Features: DX12, 8Gb VRAM

- Storage: 155Gb

- *CPU alternate: Intel Core i7-7700

- **GPU alternate: Nvidia GTX 1070

STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™ PC Recommended System Requirements:

- RAM: 16Gb

- CPU Features: 4 core / 8 threads

- CPU* AMD: Ryzen 5 5600X

- GPU** AMD: RX 6700 XT

- GPU Features: DX12, 8Gb VRAM

- Storage: 155Gb SSD

- *CPU alternate: Intel Core i5 11600K
- **GPU alternate: Nvidia RTX 2070

The Epic store free stuff is certainly waning in quality.  By this time next year, they'll be offering discounts to Groupees music bundles.

It's funny that the Left 4 Dead weapon DLC for Dying Light is on the Epic store. Valve truly does not give a shit about them, Epic isn't even on their radar for them to care about that

Meanwhile if it was the other way around, Tim Sweeney would be throwing a hissy fit on Twitter and making sure Steam didn't have anything with Epic's IP in it

Epic don't have the PC distribution market; they're trying to get gamers to hit their store at all costs. 

All a L4D DLC on a game on Epic would do for casual gamers know is let them know Left 4 Dead exists and they might wonder why it ain't on Epic. That's good advertisement for Steam, if gamers might wonder "Why isn't L4D games on Epic?"

Kudos for Steam not caring about their IP's being on Non-Steam stores - but let's be real, it's still promotion for their stuff and why they let it on other stores, especially when they own a monopoly of sorts here by having most of the PC digital market.

Steam knows - dev's and pub's can be lazy, when bringing their game to other stores. Give the Steam-version all of the support...and dev's don't bring Achievements, Cloud Support, and/or other support to other versions (GOG Galaxy support, EOL support on Epic Store, etc).

If Steam also really cared about the PC Gaming Market, they wouldn't play their politics either - i.e. they would put HL games and L4D 1+2 on GOG (DRM-FREE) and Epic. This isn't new stuff, this stuff's old by now. But, nope - all their 1st party stuff's exclusive on Steam. 

Let's not even get into how games are built w/ Steam Achievements as an online sort-DRM (to make sure gamers play online, instead of dev's building this into the game directly for offline play - go see Divinity 2 DKS/DC to see how this was done properly), how Steam Workshop content/stuff might work on Steam-version and only that store's version and not others versions (i.e. a lot of mods don't work for Skyrim on GOG version), how some single-player DLC's don't even work offline, and/or other madness of that sort - and that goes for BOTH Epic and Steam.

Me: I go for either the most complete, cheapest version of the game and/or DRM-copies wherever they are if need be - i.e. when I plan to also play the game when not at home and when offline; this might happen more than we think and going to be an issue w/ portable PC gaming, now w/ Steam Deck's in people's hands and w/ how good gaming laptops are.

Thoughts after playing Shogun Showdown: Prologue on Steam:

This is a newer rogue lite type game where you have a player character and move side to side and can change directions while having tiles of attacks with cooldowns. The main thing is to survive waves of enemies with varying attacks and health points. It takes an action to move, queue up an attack tile, and to unleash the queued attacks. Some are only close range, but others like arrows hit from different ranges. You can also wait as enemies come towards you. Their attack queue shakes when they're ready to do an attack. You can try to avoid it or do your attack on them first, but the next turn the attack comes out. Eventually you'll reach bosses and some shops to upgrade attacks, use items to heal and do other effects, and various other things.

The graphics are quite good and it is easy to learn. I beat three bosses in the prologue and I was getting a little tired of the game already haha. It's pretty high quality and very easy to understand, but it feels maybe a bit too samey for me already after about 30 minutes. This also happens because you can only queue 3 attacks to my knowledge. It is fun and strategic, but I was like is this really it after a bit. Every battle felt similar and the strategies were similar as well. Bosses played a bit differently, but it was always similar in battle feel. Repetition was the only major drawback IMHO. I recommend people try it out if it sounds interesting, but this one is in my wait for a bundle whenever the full game comes out. 6/10

Steam Shogun Showdown

bread's done
Back