Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I bought the i7 version of this last year on sale and i can confirm there's at least another SSD slot because that's the first thing I did to it. I honestly haven't used it much since so I can't remember how much RAM was in mine. Cracking it open was a little of a pain but not a huge hassle.
That's awesome to hear that there's another SSD/HDD slot to add another one in there.

A real adventurous gamers could replace the low SSD space and also add another one in there.

On the laptop I posted:

The website does say there's two RAM slots (not sure if it's one 8 GB RAM stick in there w/ an open spot there; or say two 4GB RAM sticks in there).

But it also does say it takes 32GB RAM tops on the Acer 5 store-page/webpage that I posted.

I'd be curious how much RAM you stuck in your laptop, if you got time and/or bored...and want to check your laptop out. It also gives others a great idea of what to expect possibly in other laptops from Acer in that line too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Assassin's Creed Mirage is going to be on Epic and the Ubi Connect store exclusively. I guess I'll be playing that in a few years.
At least by the time you play it you can get all the DLCs and play the "complete version". Let EPIC/Ubisoft jerk themselves off on their storefronts for a year or two while you play the countless other games available.

Time to crack open the steam deck.  Been having constant problems with the 64gb drive filling up despite every single application and download moved to the 1tb microsd.  I think something relatively new at microcenter is that they now have 512mb drives in addition to the 1tb one.  The $25 coupon via build promo still works so I picked one up for $25 out of pocket.

I remember reading that a few people here have added a drive to their deck already.  Does anyone have a specific guide that they recommend?  Also I'm wondering if I will need to go through the re-imaging process after installation.  TIA.

Time to crack open the steam deck. Been having constant problems with the 64gb drive filling up despite every single application and download moved to the 1tb microsd. I think something relatively new at microcenter is that they now have 512mb drives in addition to the 1tb one. The $25 coupon via build promo still works so I picked one up for $25 out of pocket.

I remember reading that a few people here have added a drive to their deck already. Does anyone have a specific guide that they recommend? Also I'm wondering if I will need to go through the re-imaging process after installation. TIA.
Following this. I too, want to do this.

I got a Steam Deck, now I can actually play Steam games on the deck while continuing my absurd amount of (mostly AFK) Path of Exile hours.

Time to crack open the steam deck. Been having constant problems with the 64gb drive filling up despite every single application and download moved to the 1tb microsd. I think something relatively new at microcenter is that they now have 512mb drives in addition to the 1tb one. The $25 coupon via build promo still works so I picked one up for $25 out of pocket.

I remember reading that a few people here have added a drive to their deck already. Does anyone have a specific guide that they recommend? Also I'm wondering if I will need to go through the re-imaging process after installation. TIA.
The ifixit guide is what I followed. I installed the microcenter 1tb drive. A few things to note:

Boot into bios and put it in battery storage mode first

Make sure you remove your microsd or you will snap out in half when opening the case

The pull tab to remove the battery power connector may be folded under the battery itself but on my unit the glue wasn't set on that pull tab and I could have destroyed the wiring if I pulled any harder. I used a plastic pry tool

Make sure you rotate the screws backwards a few times before tightening on reassembly. Since the threading is plastic, misalignment will destroy the threading on a screw hole

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Steam+Deck+SSD+Replacement/148989

Scariest part is trying to get the right amount of prying pressure to open the tabs on the case. Otherwise it was very easy

Rememeber to take out your MicroSd card first!!! I snapped mine in half when i swapped out the SSD.

I think I just found a Youtube video or followed an Ifixit guide but I also work in IT and have a lot of experience workings on the internals of electronics.

One quicker solution might be to install the cryotools pack and use its storage manager. First you can clear out any uninstalled game data with it, but then it will also move the shadercache and compat data to the same drive as the game. I think the deck continues to store shaders for games on the drive you originally installed it on, so that might be why it keeps filling up

I know this isn't deal related, but I always like to point out when Games Done Quick is going on, and it just started today. It usually goes till the next Sunday, in this case really early Sunday. It's just a fun thing to watch people obliterate games, and may get you to play the ones you own. Also linking Yeetee, as they always sell shirts during the event, and I believe $5 from every shirt sold goes to the charity, which usually is always Doctors Without Borders.

SGDQ

Yeetee

VOD Reddit Thread

Debating whether I should get Diablo 4 on PC or console. For some reason I don't like the idea of buying a $70 game on battlenet.
I'd go PC, but recommend waiting for a deal. Maybe it'll even be on Steam next year depending on what happens with the Microsoft deal.

Last edited:
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is coming to Steam on July 26th. The port was done by Insomniac and Nixxes. It has a Steam page for pre-purchase

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1663561121658183680

Great news, R&C ultrawide sounds amazing. Rift Apart is a great (though short) game that I will rebuy on pc down the road. Biggest flaw I remember from my ps5 playthrough is some frustrating design in certain worlds where they try to contain you with insta death invisible walls instead of better design.

I'd go PC, but recommend waiting for a deal. Maybe it'll even be on Steam next year depending on what happens with the Microsoft deal.
Yeah I think I'm getting it for PC. Hard to wait after seeing those reviews though. The endgame sounds amazing and I've been craving a new loot game after falling off the Destiny wagon.

I bought Rift Apart when it came out. I played a few hours and dropped it for months before finally finishing it. It's a well made game but I liked the 2016 remake a lot more.

I'm very interested to replay Rift Apart on my ultrawide, if my 3060ti can handle it decently.  One day I'm gonna blow the budget and swap for a 4070ti and see if my processor keeps up with it.

Rift Apart is a great game in general, but a middle-of-the-road R&C game. Probably a top 2 or 3 R&C game since the PS2 days though

It's a travesty that the only official method to play the pre-PS4 games on modern platforms is to stream them. Sony really sucks about preserving their back catalog

Debating whether I should get Diablo 4 on PC or console. For some reason I don't like the idea of buying a $70 game on battlenet.
Agree. I really want to try it in ultrawide resolution, but really need to wait for a sale. Tough to pay 70, especially when I could get steelbook and goodies for that much on a console purchase.

https://primagames.com/tips/which-platform-should-you-buy-diablo-4-on-pc-and-console-differences-explained

I ended up going through this dilemma with the other Diablos (bought Diablo 2 Resurrected on Battlenet PC and Nintendo Switch). I had previously beat Diablo 3 on PS3 and was able to export the character to the PS4 version. I like the gamepad controls over clicking the mouse repeatedly but will be annoyed if local co-op doesn't come to the PC version.

Could pickup Diablo on console at launch and probably break even reselling your copy by the time the PC version sees a discount. Feels like something that should be played on PC though … so I’m waiting for a few impressions of the console versions before I bite on anything (but $70 does feel ridiculous for a PC game).

The biggest deterrent for buying Diablo 4 on console for me is the requirement for online service (Xbox gold, ps plus).

Makes the steam version more enticing if it ends up running ok on the steam deck I might buy it there (also have a gaming pc with 3060)

The biggest deterrent for buying Diablo 4 on console for me is the requirement for online service (Xbox gold, ps plus).

Makes the steam version more enticing if it ends up running ok on the steam deck I might buy it there (also have a gaming pc with 3060)
That's probably the number one reason I'll end up going PC. I would have to get a new gold membership since they got rid of the $1 game pass ultimate trials I had been using forever by alternating between 3 accounts until they reset.

What Steam version?

D4 already getting rave reviews on the Steam Deck though... make me curious enough to consider buying it... but 70, 90, 100 price points are rough.

I probably won't get Diablo 4 as Activision-Blizzard sucks, but folks should wait as I bet the monetization gets gross(er) after the review window/honeymoon period wears off.

And if history is our guide, the real Diablo 4 will be after the first expansion, anyways.

If they ever dump the microtrandactions and remove always online, I'll reconsider it. Otherwise I have better games (and demos) to play.

I probably won't get Diablo 4 as Activision-Blizzard sucks, but folks should wait as I bet the monetization gets gross(er) after the review window/honeymoon period wears off.

And if history is our guide, the real Diablo 4 will be after the first expansion, anyways.

If they ever dump the microtrandactions and remove always online, I'll reconsider it. Otherwise I have better games (and demos) to play.
I enjoyed the second beta I played more when they didn't have screwed up graphics settings and stuttering, aka the server load test but I'm not seeing how the game is worth $70 at this point.

it's too late. my moran/fanboy brain already gave them one hundred dollars. but you fight the good fight.

MGS Delta: Snake Eater ("Remake") store-page is up on Steam:

-> https://store.steampowered.com/app/2417610/METAL_GEAR_SOLID__SNAKE_EATER/

Jason Schreier on Redfall's development:

-> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-06-01/arcane-s-redfall-misfire-for-xbox-panned-after-7-5-billion-microsoft-deal?accessToken=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJzb3VyY2UiOiJTdWJzY3JpYmVyR2lmdGVkQXJ0aWNsZSIsImlhdCI6MTY4NTYxODIzNywiZXhwIjoxNjg2MjIzMDM3LCJhcnRpY2xlSWQiOiJSVktNS1VEV1gyUFMwMSIsImJjb25uZWN0SWQiOiJCMUVBQkI5NjQ2QUM0REZFQTJBRkI4MjI1MzgyQTJFQSJ9.eeX5BYdsJhqgSi3aqDZTZUVYmm92ZItcoOCXfP7-j8Q

Notes on this Redfall ordeal:

- Arkane has a history of making great games ("immersive sims"), but they have a reputation of their games not selling well.
- So, with GAAS (Games as a Service) as the new craze, Zenimax wanted a game from them with broader appeal & an in-game store with micro-transactions.
- Arkane wanted to hire employees that make multiplayer games, but most of the staff there that worked then and applied for jobs basically wanted to make "immersive sims".
- "Immersive sims" are games that often combine shooter/action/stealth/RPG elements and can be very open to finishing tasks in very different manners and with very different outcomes.
- For "imm-sims". think of games like Dishonored, Prey 2017, Arx Fatalis & other Arkane games...
- ...And other imm-sims" such as Thief series, System Shock series, Bioshock games, Deus Ex games as "immersive sims."
- Many felt that the multiplayer aspect of Redfall was at odds w/ the legacy of Arkane making single-player "immersive sims."
- " Staff members said that, over time, they grew frustrated with management’s frequently shifting references to other games, such as Far Cry and Borderlands, that left each department with varying ideas of what exactly they were making."
- "Throughout the development, the fundamental tension between single-player and multiplayer design remained unresolved."
- "(Harvey) Smith and Ricardo Bare [top management at Arkane & respected vet's, who were in charge here on Redfall] did not respond to requests for comment."
- 70% of staff from Arkane left by the end of Redfall namely b/c they wanted to make "immersive sims".
- Redfall was originally planned as a Sony Exclusive, before Microsoft bought Zenimax out (side note - Zenimax owns Arkane).
- "The acquisition gave some staff at Arkane hope that Microsoft might cancel Redfall or, better yet, let them reboot it as a single-player game, according to sources familiar with the production."
- "Instead, Microsoft maintained a hands-off approach."
- Leaders had said that the "Arkane magic would set in later", which is also poor language & what was said at BioWare/EA...
- ...On games like DA: Inquisition, ME: Andromeda, and Anthem. (We all know how the latter 2 turned out).
- Higher-ups said they didn't want an "In-Game Store" in the game, but that's not how the game was going for a lot of development.
- In the end, after GAAS became a thing gamers didn't want in a lot of their games, that Store got pulled from Redfall.
- Arkane was very understaffed with less than 100 employees on a game like this, in which many GAAS games are done w/ multiple studios with armies in the 100's.
- "Even additional support from ZeniMax’s Wisconsin-based Roundhouse Studios and other outsourcing houses couldn’t fill the gaps, they say."
- Yet during the final frantic months, the remaining Arkane staff found themselves stretched thin & the debut date was pushed back from Halloween of 2022 to early 2023...
- ...And then eventually to May 2, 2023.

The pull tab to remove the battery power connector may be folded under the battery itself but on my unit the glue wasn't set on that pull tab and I could have destroyed the wiring if I pulled any harder. I used a plastic pry tool
Yeah this was my only issue. I gave up pulling quickly as i felt like I could easily damage the wires away from the plastic. Prying with a flathead worked fine.

The work with the hardware was easy - thanks for everyone's input. My problem is that I'm currently delayed in completing the upgrade. Re-imaging the new drive from a bootable microsd card will not work for me (boot process hangs indefinitely). Sadly I do not have a usb-c hub or flash drive, so I'm probably going to be forced to acquire one to finish the job.

So much this. I don't know how anyone can get excited for Blizzard products anymore. The company showed you they were a ho decades ago, so believe them. They don't put out new games and on the rare occasion that they do, they design them solely around monetization-first.

They've shown us who they are for years. Diablo 3 launch should have been a biiiig eye opener for everyone. These games are money-first and nothing has changed. Overwatch 2 exists to sell season passes; nobody plays it. We all know what Hearthstone is. Mobile games are manufactured through sacrificial IP equity. It's literally everything they do now. The only reason anyone (corporate entity) cares about them is bc they own CoD. They were the first ones to implement premium paid cosmetics with the $25 mounts in Wacraft back in like 2007. It's been completely downhill from there, that point. They unlocked pandora's box of piggish greed. It wasn't good enough to make billions of dollars in subscription dues, nosiree. They need more.

I've been thinking about Diablo 4 for a couple weeks too. Gosh that would be fun to play, wouldn't it? But it's Charlie Brown and the football again, guaranteed. We know better. We're never going to be able to relive that magic from the first Diablo again. In a couple weeks the base game is going to be $20 or free anyways, because that's how these types roll. Your first hit is free. We want everyone committed and paying for our carved content, nonstop season passes, Nightmare editions, and every type of cool skin you can get will only be 'paid'. Meanwhile there are actually other good companies out there selling you complete games.

It's a case of perpetual disappointment, only because a board room of whores owns some beloved IPs.

Everyone should go play Zelda TotK. and rediscover their love for gaming. Now that is a robust, complete single-player game worth well over its $70 price tag. It's bursting with content. Like Zelda on an Elden Ring scale with the amount of stuff to do. This is perhaps the best 'open world' game I have ever played and I'm not thrilled about that class of games. It has almost obsoleted Breath of the Wild. All it takes is to play a game like that, or God of War, or Persona 5 to instantly realize how viciously these companies like Activision-Blizzard have been ripping us off.

Yeah this was my only issue. I gave up pulling quickly as i felt like I could easily damage the wires away from the plastic. Prying with a flathead worked fine.

The work with the hardware was easy - thanks for everyone's input. My problem is that I'm currently delayed in completing the upgrade. Re-imaging the new drive from a bootable microsd card will not work for me (boot process hangs indefinitely). Sadly I do not have a usb-c hub or flash drive, so I'm probably going to be forced to acquire one to finish the job.
Glad you got the hardware side done.

I have a few USBA to USBC adapters around. Very useful tiny little devices to make USBC hubs, flash drives, etc.

I'm sorry guys, but Diablo died when Roper, Brevik, Schafers, and all of the core Blizzard North guys left and when the corp. takeover by Activision began after WoW was a runaway freight train of money-generation, forcing them (BlizzardNorth) to make D3 (which got scrapped) always-online...and eventually led to B-Team Blizzard (the other studio - Blizzard Team 3) to do a new D3 (which is the D3 we got now). There's a reason all these core guys fled and left for Flagship, Runic, and other greener pastures (even if some of these pastures went down the tubes like Flagship).

Blizzard ain't Blizzard anymore - and neither is BioWare and now Arkane, for that matter. I'm sure there's other examples - but these ones stick out bad to me. It really shows in games like D3, D4 and Diablo Immortal from so-called Blizzard; ME Andromeda, & Anthem from so-called BioWare; and now Redfall from so-called Arkane. They corporate takeovers by publishers obviously so destroy studios.

EDIT - This is all not to say Diablo 3 isn't good (b/c it got really good after D3 RoS) or D4 won't be good. But it's obvious, they (Acti-Blizz) care more about the money. Heck, we don't even have an offline mode on PC for Diablo 3 (which is easy enough to solo the game) and who knows if we'll get one when there's no player-count in D3 anymore on PC - yet consoles do have an offline mode for their D3 versions. But, let's be honest: they'll likely never hit Diablo 2 levels of greatness ever again. D2 is a ARPG masterpiece and is the measuring stick of isometic looter-APRG's/Diablo-likes of that sort...and probably will be for forever.

All it takes is to play a game like that, or God of War, or Persona 5 to instantly realize how viciously these companies like Activision-Blizzard have been ripping us off.
Ragnarok was my biggest disappointment in years. If I didn't spend $70 on it I wouldn't have forced myself to finish it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.. 

My FOMO because "It's Diablo" is warring with my "It's NEW Blizzard".

Then I see the $70 price tag... or $90 or $100... and coming from someone who regularly BOUGHT all the old collector's editions... it's just hard.

I go back and forth repeatedly and I think I've settled on wait and see.... but man it's hard.   The whole "battle pass" / Fortnite thing is really a huge turnoff.

I'm worried we might see more of that "Error 33" mess or other problems of "Super-Mega AAA Launch Day" problems on a game that has the level of brand awareness that there is of a Diablo; it's THE ARPG out there, love it or hate it...or love or hate what the franchise has become.

It's why I wish the game was still single-player offline - b/c if there was any online problems and the campaign's the same offline...skip it, play offline.

But, if I really want offline SP-game looter-ARPG - I got Diablo 1 from GOG; D2 and LoD from Retail (and activated that onto BNet); D2R from BlizzNet; and Grim Dawn from Steam and GOG; Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 from retail and also Steam.

Never finished Sacred games either and those rock - well, except Sacred 3 b/c....well, that ain't Sacred, so that one don't rock.

EDIT - Silverfall: Complete was underrated too; more so especially after Earth Awakening expansion.

I'm glad I'm not the only one..

My FOMO because "It's Diablo" is warring with my "It's NEW Blizzard".

Then I see the $70 price tag... or $90 or $100... and coming from someone who regularly BOUGHT all the old collector's editions... it's just hard.

I go back and forth repeatedly and I think I've settled on wait and see.... but man it's hard. The whole "battle pass" / Fortnite thing is really a huge turnoff.
Battlepasses are optional, and a better model than the monthly sub WoW still can't break free of. They're even better when you can earn currency to pay for them indefinitely through just playing the game. The fallacy here is people are stuck viewing it as capitalist elitism when really, they're preying on the rich or diehard collectors. We're not their target audience because we rarely buy games or spend on cosmetics; we're deadbeat customers to them.

For me, this is only my second game purchase this year and I play a couple games that offer battle pass systems and yet don't pay a dime for them. Time will tell how seasons will work with D4 and whether I'll even participate. Point being, these are optional and you can still play the game freely afterward.

I don't have any interest in Diablo but why don't y'all just wait for it to get added to game pass? Legal analysts say MS will probably close the deal regardless of the CMA (for the US, the FTC has no leg to stand on)

I don't have any interest in Diablo but why don't y'all just wait for it to get added to game pass? Legal analysts say MS will probably close the deal regardless of the CMA (for the US, the FTC has no leg to stand on)
I got the ultimate edition for $30 from the Xbox store glitch. Plus game pass ain't cheap anymore without the $1 trials unless you already have some stacked up.

bread's done
Back