Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I could use some advice here, my girlfriend is going near a MicroCenter next week, its 300 miles away from where we live so I need to take advantage of this. I plan on buying this AMD Ryzen 7 7700x mobo ram combo, I'll still need a psu, case and eventually a GPU but I am waiting for the 7700 gpu which should drop this month. Should I go with the 7700 cpu or the 5800x3d or even the 5600x3d? The benchmarks are close but I'd hate to be stuck with a 5800x3d even though this build will last me a decade, should really matter if im stuck on a older pc? All I will be doing with it is Gaming, Development work, mostly Python for GIS and art work in Inkscape, GIMP and Krita, maybe some Kdenlive video editing. 7800x3d would be super cool but its to rich for my blood. So, the 7700x combo or 5800x3d or 5600x3d combo??? Any case or PSU advice would be greatly appreciated, I have never built a PC so yeah.......... 

Edit: I am open to the idea of an Intel CPU as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
AMD CPUs are nice and way cheaper than Intel. I usually say for processor go whichever is newer, but in this case just go with the combo you see if you can get it. I have a 12 core 3900x myself, and generally feel it's pretty nice. It was overkill at the time I bought it, but 8 cores should be fine for most things. 12 is a good mid higher end now with 16 generally being on the higher end. For the like 7900 type I'm guessing it will be a decent bit more costly though. The reviews for that motherboard are not so hot. My preferred motherboard maker is ASUS and I like their TUF Gaming ones. At the time I was able to get one of those, the processor and 32 gigs of RAM. Be sure to check Micro Center's deals for the week before your GF goes. I believe they were updated on Saturday or something like that.

For power supplies I used to build with Corsair and I believe anything over 750w will be enough for higher end cards. I'd say go for 850w or 1000w if you intend to have a pretty hefty video card.

For GPUs the ultra high end is 4090 which is like $1700 or $1800, with the 4080 being now around $1100, and 4070 around $600 for Nvidia. These are all overpriced, but I do prefer Nvidia drivers. AMD has their highest end being 7900xtx which is usually around $1100, 7900xt around $800, and I really don't know the cheaper variations. Frankly the prices are starting to finally come down, so it may be good to wait a few weeks and keep an eye on summer sales. The AMD cards and some Nvidia cards are actually getting discounts. Future proofing from a card is generally 16 gig of ram (only high end cards), as some games are already pushing the 12 gigs.

For ram I'd recommend 32 gigs as the prices are crashing. My favorite ones are the Corsair Vengeance, but anything will do for these as long as you don't go super off brands.

AMD CPUs are nice and way cheaper than Intel. I usually say for processor go whichever is newer, but in this case just go with the combo you see if you can get it. I have a 12 core 3900x myself, and generally feel it's pretty nice. It was overkill at the time I bought it, but 8 cores should be fine for most things. 12 is a good mid higher end now with 16 generally being on the higher end. For the like 7900 type I'm guessing it will be a decent bit more costly though. The reviews for that motherboard are not so hot. My preferred motherboard maker is ASUS and I like their TUF Gaming ones. At the time I was able to get one of those, the processor and 32 gigs of RAM. Be sure to check Micro Center's deals for the week before your GF goes. I believe they were updated on Saturday or something like that.

For power supplies I used to build with Corsair and I believe anything over 750w will be enough for higher end cards. I'd say go for 850w or 1000w if you intend to have a pretty hefty video card.

For GPUs the ultra high end is 4090 which is like $1700 or $1800, with the 4080 being now around $1100, and 4070 around $600 for Nvidia. These are all overpriced, but I do prefer Nvidia drivers. AMD has their highest end being 7900xtx which is usually around $1100, 7900xt around $800, and I really don't know the cheaper variations. Frankly the prices are starting to finally come down, so it may be good to wait a few weeks and keep an eye on summer sales. The AMD cards and some Nvidia cards are actually getting discounts. Future proofing from a card is generally 16 gig of ram (only high end cards), as some games are already pushing the 12 gigs.

For ram I'd recommend 32 gigs as the prices are crashing. My favorite ones are the Corsair Vengeance, but anything will do for these as long as you don't go super off brands.
Thank you, I should have mentioned that I use Linux and Nvidia is a second class citizen on Linux but works fine on most distros but its more work to get it setup so that's why I'm eyeing the new 7700 and 7800 AMD GPU's that should be dropping this month. Thank you for the MC Saturday deals update and the PSU info, ill probably go 850w just to be safe. :pray: the 7700 GPU is < $450!

Halls of Torment is a better version of Vampire Slayers too, you can actually control your main attack. It's still in Beta but $3.99, it is a nice mix of Diablo 2 and Vampire Slayers.

Edit: Yes I need a 7700 to play Halls of Torment  :D. Mainly I want to be able to play Total War Warhammer 1-3 in 1440p @ 144hz.  

Edit: Yes I need a 7700 to play Halls of Torment
Sounds like a pretty good plan. I'd add a couple things regarding MC. I make the 45min drive to the Houston MC fairly often when I find something that justifies the time & gas. Do a online pickup order in advance so they reserve your choices for a few days. MC usually has a few different coupon offers going. It's worth signing up for a new account with the link below which should take $25 off the CPU (but not the ram or board as they'll already get reduced via bundle). I used a similar promo to get my 13600k for 225 back when they were priced at 250. Also note that the ddr5 kit will ring up $0.01 in the same transaction with a 7700x, so you're not forced to buy that particular motherboard if you want to consider other options.
https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/specialoffer25off100rdt.aspx

If you're not already aware, know that the 7700x does not come packaged with a stock cooler. I'd recommend a 280 aio unit and a case that is compatible with mounting a 280+ radiator.

Keep an eye on case, psu, cpu cooler and storage options during the upcoming prime day sales. Those price points might be the best we see until November.

Yeah that motherboard looks like basic poopy. I like MSI for some things, but basic motherboards is probably not one of them.

Also look forward to some Steam impressions. I'm going through interesting sales games and will play them for about an hour or so to see if I want a refund.

So far my first game played about 90 minutes is Spellbook Demonslayers. It carried over the progress from when I played the demo in a Steam Next Fest. This one is a Vampire Survivors clone with I believe a lesbian protagonist where the spellbook is her lover or something. It didn't tell me jack since I played the demo, and it frankly doesn't matter as there is no story.

The graphics are relatively nice with some decent enemy and player animations. Most spells look graphically OK enough, but some are miniscule and hard to see such as the double gun shot spell and fire spin spell thing. The music is generic heavy metal, but it's solid enough. It would get old and needs some more songs in the queue. The controls seem good with a Series X controller, with easy enough dodging and solid movement. I believe the mouse and keyboard is similar.

The main thing that makes this one just an OK game in the genre is the gameplay itself. It reminds me of course of Vampire Survivors, but some other of the more generic ones I played in the past from bundles and such. The enemy variety is not super high, as is the level variety for now. The different spell books you choose are just passives for your run. The spell variety is not super high either. The difficulty ramps up over time and eventually you beat the time of the stage and can do two types of endless or one where it goes on for a while longer but eventually ends. It doesn't give you exacts for when it is supposed to end, so good luck on that.

It is clean overall, but just feels like it needs more of everything. The difficulty is also pretty low at first and pretty decently high later. It doesn't scale that well mid game, with most things dying fairly easily. This has the potential for a pretty good game. It needs probably some equipment (there are charms but they're lame!), more characters, random stuff, difficult stuff to make the mid game harder, and feels still a bit too early EA for me to recommend. I'm keeping it for now, as it's still fun to play and came with another game I'll try later, but I'd wait. 6.5/10

So...Micro Center has a deal right now for a mobo, CPU and RAM kit - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X3D Processor, ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus WiFi II DDR4, G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4-3200 Kit Bundle - $329.99 + Free Curbside Pickup Only. As seen over on a rather slick deal site.

I have the processor, on an ASUS X570 board, with some older RAM (grandfathered in from my B350/Ryzen 5 1600). So far I have been rather pleased.

I think I paid around $250 in getting the board CPU separately when I found some deals...might have been closer to $300?

I can't speak specifically to how great a value this is, but, I really have been happy with my AMD boards and CPUs.

GPUs are a different story, but that's not what we're here to talk about :D

The Simulacrum 51 minute mini review:

This one is a deck building kind of Magic the Gathering type game. It is weird playing, looking, sounding and feeling. In it you have a hand of cards with energy (how much they cost) power and health. You can remove 1 card to a mana zone to get 1 more energy in the pool each turn. I think it has a 40 card deck and you lose like in MTG when you can't draw. You try to bring the OP down to 0 or less health. Battle is automated with the leftmost cards being attacked first. The cards battle each other and if they deal enough damage to each other they both die. You also have a leader who does something and has stats on being played. If it dies it's similar to Commander in MTG where the leader as it dies costs more and more to play each time. There is a lot of randomness in things, and many cards, maybe all are procedurally generated. That means they can have very strong powers, very dumb powers (like damaging your own allies), many keywords (that it never explains), and so much happens in a turn. It takes a while to get it, but it's not that bad, and leaders all have their own cards they may see, like vampires/zombies in a deck that gets things from the graveyard.

There is battling modes vs bosses that you can test decks on, but I prefer a Slay the Spire kind of go down until you fight a boss and get cards and some relics to help in battle. Everything is very unpolished right now, but it plays alright and has a lot of mechanics. It is decently fun to play, but the cards the opponents play isn't always obvious.

Overall this is for the hardest of hardcore MTG like players, or those looking for a weird deck builder. I kind of like it, but it's very unpolished currently. It's not in early access anymore, so I hope the developers keep working on it. 7/10

Gunfire Reborn mini review after 85 minutes:

This one is a rogue lite kind of FPS dungeon looter crawler. You have a basic gun, find other guns with properties that use special ammo, have a special ability and another secondary ability unique to a character. You go room by room shooting up enemies, collecting ammo, opening chests after finishing rooms which usually upgrade skills or have special abilities, find weapons, and try to survive until you meet the boss of the area. This one is then a harder fight with great rewards in weapons and usually a skill until you get to the next area.

The sounds and graphics are clean albeit a bit simple. Gunplay is generally nice although explosives and some weapons like the area of effect continuous ones feel a bit strange to operate. This a game meant for co-op, but plays well enough single player on easier difficulties. There is a lot to unlock, and you can even find challenge rooms to get greater rewards.

Overall if you're playing single player, it kind of feels like a more straightforward borderlands, with barely any story. With friends it's a FPS dungeon looter, and it's pretty solid. I like it enough, and it still has more stuff being added down the line. There are DLC with characters and items. This one is worth it for sure and is likely excellent with at least one co-op partner. 7.5/10

Halls of Torment 86 minutes mini review:

This one is a Vampire Survivors like but has very similar graphics to Diablo along with a feeling. You have to aim very carefully and move around auto attacking. You rarely ever get skills in this one, as they are mainly on the field (a little yellow scroll thing) or are dropped by blue monsters.

As in these games you go around as your character and earn experience. On level ups you generally get very generic level ups focused on certain things, such as quickness for more attack speed, or toughness for health. Once you have skills they can also be upgraded to be focused, but have slightly less generic level ups. The game seems to work best with mouse and keyboard, although the Series X controller was OK, but it's much more annoying to attack with the trigger. Also I wonder why there is no dash. When you get swarmed you just get your butt kicked.

You can also collect loot, which generally gives generic upgrades, and eventually maybe get through a level, as I haven't beaten one yet. Overall this is a another decent Vampire Survivors like game, but also feels generic at times, and a bit feature light. Another one to look forward to more in the future. 6.5/10

Kamifuda 48 minute impressions:

This one is a strange visual novel crossed with deck building card game. You are a prisoner at first and let out and forced to be in this school. When you get their you're given a Kamifuda deck and asked to play. You get a lot of story with this and this game is a beating. It took me 4 tries to beat the first opponent and I still didn't understand why I kept losing life when I attacked their guys. I got the basics of the rules, but it's not simple or easy. It does feel engaging and I believe the fights just keep getting harder.

The visuals and sound are good enough. I wish this had some voices, but it's alright as it is. The character art is a bit simple, but is also clean. The art on the cards is quite good. It feels indie, but this is not bad at all.

This one compared to many of the others ones I've tried is very polished and likely has a good single player campaign, although I'm still unsure of the story. At least it had a story compared to many other deck builders. I liked this one and will keep playing it. 8/10

I just need to try out I was a Teenage Exocolonist to try out the games I got during the sale. Honestly out of all the ones I've played Gunfire Reborn and Kamifuda where the only ones that really impressed me. The others were either a bit too generic (both vampire survivor likes I tried) or really unpolished and weird (The Simulacram). I may refund those three, but I see good things in them. They just need more meat in their games or to not be confusing and unpolished.

Any recs for 2D Zelda like games in the summer sale? Looking at Tunic. Have death's door and Blossom Tales 1&2. Any recs would be greatly appreciated!
Oceanhorn

https://store.steampowered.com/app/339200/Oceanhorn_Monster_of_Uncharted_Seas/

Probably the best quality one I've played overall.

Minit

https://store.steampowered.com/app/609490/Minit/

Unique take on the genre, it was free on Epic and heavily bundled, so you may already have it, worth a play.

Ittle Dew 1&2

https://store.steampowered.com/app/241320/Ittle_Dew/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/395620/Ittle_Dew_2/

More puzzle focused, probably the only games in the genre I've played that were designed so that you can do the dungeons in different orders. Not currently on sale but Fanatical has both games in a bundle together for a dollar from time to time.

The Spiral Scouts

https://store.steampowered.com/app/862480/The_Spiral_Scouts/

Kinda crass but if you find it amusing the gameplay is solid. Also more puzzle focused.

Never heard of Wirewalk, definitely gonna pick that up, thanks :)

I guess that I didn't really give any small blurb on them and just gave my stamp of approval.

I'm a fan of the GB era of top-down adventure games, Link's Awakening and the Oracles included, so Wirewalk was something I bought almost immediately after finding out about it early 2022. It is a very tight 2-3 hour experience. It's a very peculiar setup, but the focus is on dungeons with light overworld stuff to give you access to more dungeons.

Prodigal is a more standard action-adventure experience. The world is smaller than you think, but it was a pretty meaty experience of around 10 hours. It's a little more story-centric as the game comes in acts (I don't know if they are officially called that, but there are some changes at certain points in the game), but the meat of the game is still dungeons and overworld navigation. 

Other games I speak highly of that have pretty good discounts in the sale include:

Anuchard

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1386620/Anuchard/

Nobody Saves the World

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1432050/Nobody_Saves_the_World/

World to the West

https://store.steampowered.com/app/530020/World_to_the_West/

Anuchard is more of a linear structure and more plot heavy. The overworld stuff is basically going from point A to point B and sometimes back and forth to talk to some colorful characters. There's also some light, streamlined city building stuff here (as in you give them finite resources and presto something is added to a town), most having some sort of tangible benefits. When you do get around to exploring dungeons, you go from one large area with a series of interconnected rooms to another via warps until you reach the boss. For the completionists out there, multiple trips to dungeons might be required as you can't return to previous "floors" within a single dungeon trip. Your weapon is a bell, which makes combat interesting, and I think ricocheting is a pretty central aspect to combat (and sometimes puzzles), or at least that was a very effective approach for my style. I'm probably not doing a great job at selling it, but it was a very cool experience.

Nobody Saves the World is very light on puzzles and very heavy on combat and the customization of it. The quirk of this game is that you can change into numerous forms (magician, horse, bodybuilder, etc...), and as you gain more abilities for each form, you can customize each form to use certain abilities of other forms. You are encouraged and required to mix-and-match as the game gets grind heavy and certain tasks to complete to gain more experience directly asks you to do x thing using some combo ability. While I did reach a point, playing solo I may add, that I definitely was feeling a difficulty spike and needed to grind a bunch, but once I got through that, it was a much smoother ride, and overall I had a blast.

Now I do not have a glowing review for World to the West, but it is unique enough that I think it is very much worth spending $3 USD to check out. While there are some dungeons, you basically have one massive overworld both above and below ground that are heavy on puzzles and combat. The quirk is that you have four protagonists to control, and each one has their set of special abilities (many will need to be unlocked throughout the course of the game) to open up parts of the world/solve puzzles. You only control one player at a time, and you can only swap characters at specific places in the game. When you swap, you will go to where they last were. You could argue there's a lot of time-wasting in this game as a result, so adding this extra effort on the player's end isn't for everyone. For the completionists, I think that there's some missable collectibles, but don't quote me on that.

Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens
8V2DI-LW82Y-JX03L

OUT OF THE BOX
0V5KG-P4QRR-DGB8Y

Ironcast
ILKE4-XWK32-5H7KH

I am not a Monster: First Contact
E3K7F-H9WVK-0R3KV

Animal Rescuer
KJJ87-IP369-9RAPW

Biped
X72Q3-FLKJA-TIDT6

Omen Exitio: Plague
5BBWA-YZ77H-MR7GF

Just Ignore Them
X73H3-XW0L5-4HX5J

Weaving Tides
PCMC7-HARLF-2Y9WF

Double Kick Heroes
AXWZD-IXYNC-4N9A3

Can you actually stack those rebates? The promo number is the same, so I would assume only an additional $30 off and not $60. But $40 for that case in these times still isn't bad.

Nobody Saves the World

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1432050/Nobody_Saves_the_World/

Nobody Saves the World is very light on puzzles and very heavy on combat and the customization of it. The quirk of this game is that you can change into numerous forms (magician, horse, bodybuilder, etc...), and as you gain more abilities for each form, you can customize each form to use certain abilities of other forms. You are encouraged and required to mix-and-match as the game gets grind heavy and certain tasks to complete to gain more experience directly asks you to do x thing using some combo ability. While I did reach a point, playing solo I may add, that I definitely was feeling a difficulty spike and needed to grind a bunch, but once I got through that, it was a much smoother ride, and overall I had a blast.
Bodybuilder kind of breaks "Nobody".
Except for times you need to swap for puzzle or elemental damage type reasons, it kind of puts combat on easy mode.

Can you actually stack those rebates? The promo number is the same, so I would assume only an additional $30 off and not $60. But $40 for that case in these times still isn't bad.
No, it's the same rebate and you'd only have 1 upc to send anyway.. At the time I posted, there was another $30 "instant savings" promo that stacked and ultimately was a short-lived price mistake.

So I’m actually debating on the i3 13th gen or the 7600x cpu now. I have seen many places that the i3 is the best value for gaming around and it comes with a cooler for $129.

Bought into Baldur's Gate 3 last night for $60 on the rumors the release price tag will both go up to $70/$80 (deluxe) and allegedly the deluxe will come free to anyone who got in during Early Access.

Now I debate whether or not I try to play now... or just wait til launch.

Bought into Baldur's Gate 3 last night for $60 on the rumors the release price tag will both go up to $70/$80 (deluxe) and allegedly the deluxe will come free to anyone who got in during Early Access.

Now I debate whether or not I try to play now... or just wait til launch.
I recently did the same. I would wait since they've said saves won't carry over. Unless you just want to poke at the character creator.

So I’m actually debating on the i3 13th gen or the 7600x cpu now. I have seen many places that the i3 is the best value for gaming around and it comes with a cooler for $129.
Yeah the 13100 is solid for the price. I bought a few from mc last month for $75 each. They were $99 at the time and I used $25 coupons. Wouldn't recommend buying this moment due to the price raise. If it doesn't fall back down, look into the 12100f. benchmarks are almost identical to the 13th gen version. MC doesn't carry it, but I think they've been 90ish on Amazon.

There's some really cheap z690 boards in the current AWD promo as well.

Yeah the 13100 is solid for the price. I bought a few from mc last month for $75 each. They were $99 at the time and I used $25 coupons. Wouldn't recommend buying this moment due to the price raise. If it doesn't fall back down, look into the 12100f. benchmarks are almost identical to the 13th gen version. MC doesn't carry it, but I think they've been 90ish on Amazon.

There's some really cheap z690 boards in the current AWD promo as well.
Damn $75 would of been a sweet deal, thanks for the 12100f info.

After playing for a decent more hours I've not been enjoying Gunfire Reborn as much. It's very much not a single player looter shooter rouge lite once you beat the first difficulty. The next difficulty makes enemies do so much more damage to you that a single sniper or boss attack can take you out, everything has modifiers (OK for more difficulty), and everything becomes so bullet spongey after the first few levels, that it makes it a slog. I think the game took the jump from a pretty OK, but still challenging first difficulty to garbage you can only beat co-op or with a lot of luck. I don't get to play co-op often, so this is dropping my rating all the way from 7.5/10 to 6.5/10. Only get this one bundled or if you co-op a lot. The scaling is pure garbo and makes it unfun for solo players after the first difficulty. Also some guns that are damage over time just suck. It's going to my retired Steam category now very likely. Also need to mention that later upgrades for characters cost way too much, and you are forced to use the upgrade material if you want to resurrect solo. Grind, grind, grind and more grind.

I bought it a couple of years ago I think and yeah, it isn't that great of a solo experience. I dropped it after five hours according to Steam.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - PC System Requirements:

tfzsjfr84qbb1.jpg

Final Haul - Summer Steam Sale 2023.

Steam.

Total = $20.75 (after tax):

-> The Next Big Thing = $1.05

-> Hellgate: London & Mythos Bundle -- Hellgate: London = $7.25; Mythos = $6.36. 

-> State of Decay: Lifeline DLC = $1.85

-> Fire Pro Wrestling World: Fighting Road - Champion Road Beyond = $4.24

I bought so little this Summer sale it's not really worth listing, but I'm also not unhappy with making few purchases right now.  This sale has been mainly marked by non-purchases: I happened upon both a new demo for an upcoming roguelite that I'm probably quite looking forward to (Stand-Alone) and word that something I'd basically given up on (Combat Complex) actually is still alive and making progress toward coming out, which are both pretty positive, but on the other hand, a cool Chinese game with obviously dedicated devs doing genuine quality work (Neon Echo) had its company completely burn down and terminate the entire project just two months into early access, despite thousands of positive reviews and a clearly glowing future.  They fired so many people it even took a while for English speakers to figure out something had happened, since there was no one left on the project to care about news, let alone foreign communication.  Tragic.

I bought a few that were barely on sale. But I found a bunch of unredeemed keys.

- Yakuza 0 (to complete a bundle)

- Risk of Rain 2

- Dave the Diver (measly discount, but it just came out)

- Red Dead Redemption 2 (lots of content for the price, so why not)

I meticulously combed through all the Steam sales on SteamDB to find my summer sale haul...

[customspoiler=Summer Sale Haul]
u6UXGi8.gif

[/customspoiler]

The only game I bought wasn't even discounted since it released during the sale: The Legend of Heroes - Trails into Reverie

Not sure if anyone saw the Limited Run Games livestream, but they had a bunch of cool announcements. Gex Trilogy remastered, Tomba remastered, Clock Tower remastered, Plumbers Don't Wear Ties Definitive Edition, and more

They also announced a release of the canceled Shantae sequel that was supposed to come out on GBA. But not sure if that is releasing on PC or anywhere else other than a GBA cartridge

Yeah, I think the deals were better on GOG and other stores (like GreenMan) during their sales, for the most part.

The other stores (like GMG, Gamersgate, etc) know they can top or compete w/ Steam b/c they ain't as popular - so, you're better getting Steam Steam-keys from GreenMan, Humble (if you got extra discounts for being a long-term Choice Sub, etc), etc etc...if you really want/need a title.

Steam has become Digital WalMart's for PC gaming - they are THE digital store and people are gonna buy there anyways, so why drop pricing? I'm sure Steam and 3rd party publishers w/ games over on Steam think this. For me, Steam seems to be the place for exclusive stuff (i.e. Complete A Bundles & games and/or DLC's not on other 3rd party stores like GMG or other game-clients). Steam's Sales also lack the excitement of Insomnia Sales/Flash Deals to make you be impulsive and "Buy Now!" Even when GOG run these, I seem to buy - b/c they often beat Newsletter Coupon Pricing and/or when there's a deal on their store. While it's great Refunds exists on Steam for users so they don't get totally burned on sales and/or when a game's busted/broken/runs poor - now Steam won't run Flash Deals b/c of possible Mass Refunds possibilities; so again, easier for 3rd Party stores like GMG to just wait to see what Steam Sale pricing is...and then top that pricing, whether it's flat-out or with coupons.

I also miss $10 coupons on Epic, as that often made me buy stuff from them. I feel like I often just take their freebies and buy the odd game or DLC there (which likely is 'cause it's often timed-exclusive there), if it's DRM-FREE on Epic (some games are), and/or if it's cheap enough to suit me.

I feel like a lot of the best deals these days come from Fanatical and Humble - and often, they ain't as great as they used to be deal-wise, too. They also know they got you already in the door and buying from them - so, they don't always need to have best pricing too...b/c they often know that people think of them and might not always check other stores. Though, some of their Humble Choices or Other Regular Humble Bundles rock - i.e. look at the current Humble Choice w/ TOW: Spacer's Choice and other stuff in there.

Only two games I bought were Pizza Tower and Dave the Diver, extremely happy with both of them too. Great games, I can get my adrenaline pumping with Pizza Tower and cool down with some Dave after.

bread's done
Back