Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Summer Haul mainly a bunch of VNs I want to play, Vampire Survivors likes and some other stuff. Most were just OK prices, but VNs don't get the discounts they used to.

Steam

ef - the first tale.
ef - the latter tale.

Eiyu*Senki Gold
Gunfire Reborn + DLC
Halls of Torment

I Was a Teenage Exocolonist
Kamifuda
Killjoy Hunter Yuuko
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Spellbook Demonslayers
Uchikano - Living With My Lovers
Wirewalk()↳

Fanatical

Platinum Collection Build Your Own Bundle July 2023

JAST USA

Mamone Musume - Slime & Scylla

Yazome Revenger

Last edited by a moderator:
I see several of you saying you picked up Dave the Diver. Lots of people in my friends feed did the same. Anyone have a chance to play it much? It looks well done. Is it repetitive?

Time for another Demo Dump™.  Green is keen, yellow is mellow, red is dead.

Sea of Stars:  Outstanding demo in terms of graphics, gameplay, and music/vibes
Another Crusade:  SMRPG at home, left behind the couch
Front Mission 1st: Remake:  It's a faithful remake of a SNES game with QOL updates, I liked it
Worldless:  Phenomonal title; fun platforming and an interesting combat puzzle system
Heroes of Spyria:  It's a cute RPG-maker-esque JRPG
Champion Shift:  VS-like where you transform into a car,... its okay
Diebrary:  Couldn't get it to run
Wavetale: The artstyle is neat, but the technical style is offputting, hard to put my finger on it
Star Drift Evolution:  It's okay, isometric racing game
The Black Grimoire: Cursebreaker: single player Runescape-esque RPG, seems fun
Bonfire Peaks:  Better looking Stephen's Sausage Roll (if you know, you know)
Rick Henderson:  Shmup that feels like its stuck in syrup
Madcap Mosaic:  A weird, turn based puzzle game about movement and "tile building"
Ants Took My Eyeball:  Noita, but with guns
False Skies: Throwback JRPG from the GameBoy, has more depth than it seems
Street Fighter 6:  I liked the single player campaign, makes me want to play Yakuza
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes HD: Get it if you never played or don't have the original
Outta Gas:  Super weird turn based "shooter" where you must use your weapons to effectively gut your enemies
Mercenaries of the Kingdom: I don't tend to like these party-based VS-likes...
Fishing Paradiso: Fishing in heaven, its "cozy"
Paquerette Down the Bunburrows:  I don't like these style of puzzle games, but I really like this one!
Lil' Gaurdsman: A really great point and click adventure; comedic paper's please
Cross Tails:  KEMCO™ Brand Final Fantasy Tactics; I have a phyiscal version pre-ordered
The Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood: VN meets Tarot Card designer; I enjoyed this one greatly
Defender's Quest II: Massive letdown, I hate the new art style
Wyvia: Not for me
Cross Blitz: An overtuned deckbuilder that is more frustating than fun
Growth:  Another Hex puzzle game, that's neat, but I still cannot like these
Poached: Hunt the Hunter:  Less fun than a poached egg
Stop Dead: Stopped dead
Bloody Downsizing: Bloody downsized
Tales and Tactics:  I dislike autobattlers, but I liked this one a lot

Top 5 with links:

Sea of Stars: The no brainer one on the list; if you're into SNES-era JRPGs, please give this a shot

Worldless:  The out of nowhere turn based, combat puzzle system paired with metroidvania platforming makes this a real interesting one!

Bonfire Peaks:  Mind bending puzzling with simple, yet deep mechanics; it will have you staring for hours like Stephen's Sausage Roll

Paquerette Down the Bunburrows:  Another CAG recommended this one, and now I do too; another puzzler I didn't think I'd like!
Tales and Tactics:  Keeping with the "normally I hate this" theme, T&T is very solid autobattler roguelike that really is approachable, but has great depth.  I enjoyed my time with it and loved my Snake Sniper Assassinator I made that carried my like Serpent Jesus...

I might wander into my prologues while I wait for Baldurs Gate 3. 

The only game I got during this so called sale was Halls of Torment and it’s very similar to Vampire Survivor but you kinda control your attacks and it feels much more difficult but I never finished VS so I could be wrong about the difficulty. Kinda regret buying it, I think I’ll only ever need one game like that in my life but I’ve already played it for 8 hours.

I see several of you saying you picked up Dave the Diver. Lots of people in my friends feed did the same. Anyone have a chance to play it much? It looks well done. Is it repetitive?
I'm not super into it. It's like a fish killing game and diner dash lite. It's ok, but the characters also feel mildly insulting in a caricature way? And the way they "speak" is kinda annoying -- almost sounds like they had people speak in various Asian languages and Sim-fied it. Being able to only aim in like a 30ish degree arc is annoying to me too. And I keep messing up the controls, because it's basically A->aim->RT to fire. And there's melee weapons and guns on top of the harpoon. The mini-game to press A or whatever a bunch to reel in bigger fish is probably the worst part to me so far..

I will say the in-game "phone" is very well done.

Also, they made it look like an indie game. But you click developer/publisher, and it's just Nexon.

I got weird west for $10.
1xz4sw.jpg

Have you played it yet? If yes, how is it? Any thoughts on it?
Its a weird duck... but interesting. I played the demo before so I knew what I was getting. There is a first person mod I want to try out for it. Real time combat is wonky at times.

Started playing Bulletstorm over the weekend on my Steam Deck and while I can say that it runs well on the handheld, I've had 3 instances now where I was playing, died, and the game could not reload where I was.  I had to exit the game, then load from a campaign checkpoint.  Not the end of the world but certainly very annoying.  

Started playing Bulletstorm over the weekend on my Steam Deck and while I can say that it runs well on the handheld, I've had 3 instances now where I was playing, died, and the game could not reload where I was. I had to exit the game, then load from a campaign checkpoint. Not the end of the world but certainly very annoying.
Bulletstorm rocks.

I should ask - is this the OG G4WL Version? Or the Gearbox Remaster (Bulletstorm: Full Clip)?

Bulletstorm rocks.

I should ask - is this the OG G4WL Version? Or the Gearbox Remaster (Bulletstorm: Full Clip)?
Gearbox remaster. I've run into a few more Steam Deck "lockups" since my initial ones, but have kept plugging away because the gameplay is entertaining enough.

Since Microsoft is now owning Activision, maybe they can sort out the IP problems with No One Lives Forever series & Contract JACK.

EDIT - Since Microsoft now owns Activision, anyone know if Obsidian or InXile would want do...

1. Arcanum sequel (old-school CRPG like Wasteland 3 or Fallout 1 and 2)?

2. And/or an Arcanum spin-off as a Fallout 3/4/NV type of open-world shooter/action/RPG hybrid game in the Arcanum universe?

There's also another stacking 2% code in one of the xp packs. I'm considering stuff like Crisis Core, Harvestella, and Triangle Strategy. But part of me expects them to be cheaper in a few months.

Since Microsoft is now owning Activision, maybe they can sort out the IP problems with No One Lives Forever series & Contract JACK.
It's one of the stupidest stories in gaming. Anyone interested can read volumes about giant gaming publishers that all deny having the rights to the series, but also can't be bothered to find out who does. It's like the contracts were thrown into a box and tossed into that big government storage warehouse at the end of Indiana Jones. N O O N E K N O W S.

Nightdive Studios tried their damndest to obtain all the rights to remaster them, even going so far as to trademark the names, They were met by multiple stone walls and threw their hands up in the air.

Nobody wants your money. Piss off!

In one of the best bundle deals I’ve ever seen, Fanatical’s new Build Your Own Bento Bundle 2 features both Yumeutsutsu games and both Nurse Love games from Kogado. These are excellent (if slightly crazy in some of the bad ends) yuri visual novels that I don’t think I’ve ever seen for more than 60% off (and which rarely even go to 50%), and the MSRP ranges from $40 to $65. The bundle tiers are 3 for $6, 5 for $9, and 10 for $15.

If you have the slightest interest in VNs, I strongly urge you to buy all four. Don’t make my sacrifices to the bundle gods be in vain.

I own all those visual novels physically, back when Limited Run Games did visual novels more often. I haven't played any of them and Souffrir is more the person to go to for yuri visual novels (if I'm not mistaken), so I trust them. I'm more of a moege, eroge, and nukige expert, but I do believe I need to read them, and maybe I'l sell my limited edition nurse games for Vita someday. This bundle has a some decent looking other visual novels like Symphonic Rain, Our World Is Ended, and one I liked during the Steam Fest sometime My Summer Adventure: Memories of Another Life. There are 10 games I want, so getting them all for $1.50 each is a steal. The team is also retooling Nigate Tale, and I passed on it before, but it will come out eventually, so I'll wait till they're done but get it now. Overall a good build your own bundle with many good looking games.

I own all those visual novels physically, back when Limited Run Games did visual novels more often.
I have the Nurses on switch cartridge as well. I think I'm grabbing 3 from this bundle: both Yumeutsutsu games and then Corpse Factory. I would caution people against Our World though. I played it close to launch because it marketed itself after Steins;Gate, my favorite VN. Our World is nothing close to S;G as it is both terrible writing and way too pointlessly long. It's the worst VN I've ever played.

EDIT - Since Microsoft now owns Activision, anyone know if Obsidian or InXile would want do...

2. And/or an Arcanum spin-off as a Fallout 3/4/NV type of open-world shooter/action/RPG hybrid game in the Arcanum universe?
I'd love to see remasters of Contract Jack and No one lives forever. I had so much fun with them.

Impressions after probably about 30-40 hours into Honkai: Star Rail and dropping it.

First of all this is a F2P game that is generally generous enough with what you need to play the game F2P. While this is true, it's a mobile game through and through and wants you to grind and eventually give them some monies to pull waifus and junk.

To start the voice acting is quite good in the game. I like the English dub enough, but I'm sure the other voice tracks are good. The graphics are decent enough and stylized, but still simple for some environments. The animations for attacks and the characters themselves are nice, while the basic enemies are not super awesome, while bosses and elites are nice. Overall it's very obvious a lot of work went into this and they got a high enough budget.

Overall everything is guided by your trailblazing level. Finding chests, some dungeons, and other things give you EXP, and this guides monster drops/levels and when you can further do the story. The missions are OK enough for the side missions, but are generally basic MMORPG fetch type quests, but you get to know some characters better. The main reason to do all these is for trailblazer exp, gemmies for rolling gacha stuff, and items for leveling up junk. The battles are okay turn based affairs with a character having a basic attack, a skill and eventually an ultimate. You DON'T get character EXP from battles. These are mainly for money, items and completing quests. Be prepared to grind away at materials for leveling characters, these passive cone (cards) that give abilities, equipment and relics. Nothing levels naturally other than trailblazing, so hope you love grinding, grinding, and grinding some more for all of these things.

This honestly feels like a single player MMORPG. These battles get old very quickly and I don't honestly feel they have a lot of strategy to them. You just have to be the right levels, have character attributes that the enemies are weak to, have grinded out character levels, cone levels and lastly relic and equipment levels, and hope you can break shields in battles (forgot this) to deal a lot of damage. I came to a realization that I was having a bit of fun with the game, but it was monopolizing my time a lot and I feel it wasn't worth it. The main issue is there are cliches all over. The story isn't horrible, but it's just a step above so-so. You'll see many proud warriors, an amnesiac main character (oh boy!), character arcs usually about betrayals and it's just a general shounen feeling thing. There are some characters who are a little different, but it's just not that interesting. Overall I would rush dialogue as it's just not very interesting. The first main world boss took FOREVER to get through and frankly it was OK, but I'm not touched or anything by it. It is a major step above usual mobile gacha garbage, but that stuff is usually pandering to the lowest of the low with hot waifus and boyfriendos or whatever they're called these days.

I don't hate the game persay, but I'm just above monopolizing my time with grinds that just don't lead anywhere. The pulls IMHO suck as you rarely get characters and just get a bunch of cones. Daily missions are easy to complete and can be done in about an hour. The story drags so much and the characters aren't very good IMHO. It is F2P and is quality F2P, but I just don't like the grind as much, and feel I could be putting the time into better games with much longer term enjoyment. I may go back to it after thinking about it for a few days (missing my daily materials oh my!!!!!), but I think I'm making the right choice in abandoning it. I think if the RPG fights actually gained you some levels (even at a slow rate), I would be more happy to partake in them. The fights are just too basic and the enemy variety is quite low IMHO. I also didn't mention the MASS amount of side games. Puzzles of all sorts from terrible box and minecart pushing games (meh) to alright museum managing sims give a lot of variety, but most of these are just means to the end for getting more materials and gemmies.

A mobile game, especially gacha games, have a hard time going above their roots, but in the end it all comes down to timers, quests, grinding out many materials, and waifus/husbandos. I just value my time, and I feel this gives an okay good for the time it takes to play, but I could be playing many other things that will likely be a lot better like the Trails series. 7/10 and dropped for now.

To Final Fantasy fans:

- Since World of Final Fantasy is on sale (on Humble and GMG), how is that game?

- Also still got backlogged FF Type-0 HD (Steam), so how is that?

To Final Fantasy fans:

- Since World of Final Fantasy is on sale (on Humble and GMG), how is that game?

I haven't beat either but have played both for about 3 or 4 hours. World of Final Fantasy was really meh to me. Just a back to basics turn based RPG with lots of fan service as you can capture monsters and build towers of monsters and you character as a triple stack I believe. It's just really basic in the storytelling. I also didn't love the battle system and felt battles dragged early on. Overall if you love FF stuff you'll get something out of it. I heard the story gets better as you play it, but it wasn't exciting in the beginning.

Type 0 is decent when I tried it a few years ago (the current HD version). It's a PSP game and feels like a portable game, as it has short missions, a decent but not great story with too many characters, decent enough combat and is one of those games you can play a mission or two a day, as I feel it gets too repetitive otherwise.

Both games are a little just OK to me, but likely worth playing. Not my favorites for sure.

To Final Fantasy fans:
Like Nitro said, it's only worth it if you like the fan service. It's not a title that can stand on its own. Does making a unit by stacking a moogle on a cactuar on a chocobo sound fun enough for you to play an RPG? If not, then there's nothing really redeeming.

To Final Fantasy fans:

I liked WOFF and played it all the way through the Maxima dlc. Mainly just light fun and throwbacks galore. I liked the soundtrack. There's even a Xenogears reference at the end.
Type-0 is unplayable for me. Being locked into a low fps and psp camera controls, I got to the point where I stopped playing the game and just watched the cutscenes. I've heard that playing the psp version on something like ppsspp at 60fps is actually the best way somehow.

I would love a new Arcanum game. The world was interesting and I loved the concept of magic and technology disrupting each other. A spin-off like fallout 3 would be great mainly because they could do a lot to expand the world and gameplay.

Arcanum's an underrated CRPG classic. Yeah, it was buggy in the old days and got some issues - but it's nothing DrogBlackTooth's Patches and other stuff can't solve or using the MultiVerse Patch can't solve.

IIRC, DXWnd was pretty helpful too, to solve other weird graphical problems w/ videos and old DirectX.

And it probably barely takes up any modern-size space either.

bread's done
Back