Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what to do with 24gb. I didn't even mention the vram because I was trying to avoid triggering the toaster kink.
after not having a PC for a decade, I bought a clearance ‘gaming rig’ around christmas 2022 for $500. That sparked the kid in me to build a new PC like I did decades ago. So I did…. Figured I’d go all out and have a 16 core Ryzen 5950x, 64gb of 3600mhz ram, and a 4090 founders. Ask me what I’ve played since I built it earlier this year…

command and conquer 4K and battlefield V. I do have Starfield premium lined up though I’ll play that after patches and driver updates. I do have a mega backlog in my steam library, and PS5, and PS4…..

Did you know:

There are only like 10 melee weapons total in Starfield and NONE of them are mod-dable?

So for those of you, like me, who chose Ronin.... you're basically meh.  There are a couple of cool Katana's later on but the way skills work in the game you have mini-quests to be able to be able to spend a skillpoint to level the skills up.

Also... just like all other Bethesda games.. although you CAN theoretically reach level 300+ to get skills... you can't respec.

I'm 12 hours in and about to wash my hands of this frustration.

Did you know:

There are only like 10 melee weapons total in Starfield and NONE of them are mod-dable?

So for those of you, like me, who chose Ronin.... you're basically meh. There are a couple of cool Katana's later on but the way skills work in the game you have mini-quests to be able to be able to spend a skillpoint to level the skills up.

Also... just like all other Bethesda games.. although you CAN theoretically reach level 300+ to get skills... you can't respec.

The worst time I had with this game was being forced to get melee sneak attacks in order to level concealment. I figured out somewhat early on that the best option was to find level one grubs on a planet and kill them for the challenge. I can't imagine anyone trying to main melee stealth in a game where everyone is shooting you and there is no sprint stealth. Absolute cancer and glad it's done for good.

Did you know:

So for those of you, like me, who chose Ronin.... you're basically meh. There are a couple of cool Katana's later on but the way skills work in the game you have mini-quests to be able to be able to spend a skillpoint to level the skills up.

I agree with you on the respec...I'm already regretting some of my life (skill) choices.

The worst time I had with this game was being forced to get melee sneak attacks in order to level concealment. I figured out somewhat early on that the best option was to find level one grubs on a planet and kill them for the challenge. I can't imagine anyone trying to main melee stealth in a game where everyone is shooting you and there is no sprint stealth. Absolute cancer and glad it's done for good.
Does stealth actually work in this game??

I have a helmet that acts like a cloaking device... But these guys are still like 'what's that?". Wha??

Other times I waltz up behind them with my Elephant gun an inch from their back and they're chatting it up with the guy next to them.

Im thinking of going sniper.... Should only take me another 10-20 levels....
giphy.gif

I have a helmet that acts like a cloaking device... But these guys are still like 'what's that?". Wha??

Other times I waltz up behind them with my Elephant gun an inch from their back and they're chatting it up with the guy next to them.

giphy.gif
It does not. I had a Chameleon helm (invisible if still) and ridiculously lvl 3 stealth (or whatever its call) I can't even sneak up to someone because the moment I'm within 5-8 feet I'm auto detected. One dude, took 6 shotgun shells to the face before dropping... from a SNEAK... what the hell man.

Worse, you'd think that'd make you hard to hit from the enemies so far off the screen you can't even see them on the Xbox.... nope... grenades and rockets being shot at me (I dunno if they're actual rockets, but they set me on fire repeatedly)

Edit: Also, while sneaking, bad people 3 rooms away are shooting at me. I'm done. Going back to a Steam Deck game... I tried

They changed the discount on the Borderlands Pandora's Box complete your collection (which they hadn't done on previous collections) and now my price to complete is double what it was before. Not only that, but it's now cheaper to buy the Borderlands 3 complete your collection first and then the Pandora's box, as it has a 86% discount and Pandora's Box only has a 75% discount. Guess maybe they realized all they were really doing is giving away New Tales for basically nothing.

They changed the discount on the Borderlands Pandora's Box complete your collection (which they hadn't done on previous collections) and now my price to complete is double what it was before. Not only that, but it's now cheaper to buy the Borderlands 3 complete your collection first and then the Pandora's box, as it has a 86% discount and Pandora's Box only has a 75% discount. Guess maybe they realized all they were really doing is giving away New Tales for basically nothing.
I'm not too upset that I didn't buy it, it's supposed to be terrible and not worth playing anyway. It's like $2 more now for me compared to the old discount.

Did ya'll know NMS has giant mechs and a whole new robot character expansion?  I clearly haven't played and they fooled me with their Steam intro of all the updates.. but holy heck batman.  It's loaded onto my Steam Deck at 20% the size of Starfall.

I don't think anyone would have predicted at release that seven years later No Man's Sky would have never been either bundled or even discounted at 75% off. It's like a Nintendo game at this point.

giphy.gif
It does, but melee stealth is a big nope. Concealment is required to make stealth actually work and it does to the point that even when spotted, I can usually trigger a caution state within seconds by just backing off and restealthing into the chameleon perk that's woven in. Even non-suppressed weapons will take a while to get spotted when sniping but same applies to quickly darting back into the shadows. Usually helps they're distracted by Andreja flanking them with the same rifle and just obliterating their health bar. . .when she doesn't miss lol. Couple times I've been pissed at her for kill-stealing because she's fully capable of taking down anything before I get to it if she's aimbotting.

I was expecting this. They added a sneaky note in one of those Borderlands 3 Vault updates about the price being "for a limited time only", and no one said a peep. I did ask if they planned to change the price, but no one replied.

Apparently the price of the collection is now $149.99 (or close to it on Steam.)

So I guess we'll have to wait until the next big sale to get all the extra DLC.

I don't think anyone would have predicted at release that seven years later No Man's Sky would have never been either bundled or even discounted at 75% off. It's like a Nintendo game at this point.
The lowest I've ever seen it sell for is 55% off. Even at full price the game will give you hundreds of hours of playtime.

Now if only the dev learned how to update the game without needing to redownload 2-5 GB every time...

I was expecting this. They added a sneaky note in one of those Borderlands 3 Vault updates about the price being "for a limited time only", and no one said a peep. I did ask if they planned to change the price, but no one replied.

Apparently the price of the collection is now $149.99 (or close to it on Steam.)

So I guess we'll have to wait until the next big sale to get all the extra DLC.

The lowest I've ever seen it sell for is 55% off. Even at full price the game will give you hundreds of hours of playtime.

Now if only the dev learned how to update the game without needing to redownload 2-5 GB every time...
Yea I read somewhere it ended on the 15th. I was gonna get it but missed out. I do still see it for 30 on xbox as of now for me if you happen to have xbox.

I'd probably bite at $15 but tbh I expected it to be a Humble Monthly title back when it was still called the monthly and I'm honestly amazed that not only has it defied just getting cheaper and cheaper, it's actually gone back to basically only ever being 50% off when it was drifting lower for a while. Kudos to them for continuing to support it and make money off of it without needing to go back to the well of people who have already purchased it.

I just bought a Steamdeck. I’ve had a Steam account since HL2 originally came out but rarely ever used it. What sites are best for game codes? I’ve used CDKeys before, are there any others you’d recommend?

I just bought a Steamdeck. I’ve had a Steam account since HL2 originally came out but rarely ever used it. What sites are best for game codes? I’ve used CDKeys before, are there any others you’d recommend?
My personal favorites are Green Man Gaming and Fanatical, although I occasionally buy from places like Humble Bundle, Gamesplanet and Indiegala. Also this is a great website to track Steam sales and they only list stores they consider legitimate resellers:

https://isthereanydeal.com/

Let me echo what others have said regarding gg.deals. It is much easier to navigate compared to isthereanydeal imo. I regularly use gg.deals whenever there is a sale or bundle announced as the bottom of the main front page will quickly show you what you already own and what is on your wishlist when you select the article covering each sale/deal/bundle. GG.deals will display a convenient graph of the price history for each item as well. I would advise excluding 3rd party key resellers as those prices skew the realistic lowest price expectation.

You can link your steam account to gg.deals and navigate the steam store via their website. After linking your steam account, gg.deals can show you what is in your collection and what is on your wishlist. I get emails regularly from gg.deals showing me the latest prices for my wishlist games whenever there is a sale.

If you are a console gamer, dekudeals.com is a good resource for a similar function but you need to manually add the games to your collection on that website.

See my quoted post above. GG.DEALS incudes reseller prices along with warnings about the risks for each reseller.

gg.deals is fine for current deals, definitely has a better interface than itad, but it's garbage for historical data because it aggregates all the stores together.

My personal favorites are Green Man Gaming and Fanatical, although I occasionally buy from places like Humble Bundle, Gamesplanet and Indiegala. Also this is a great website to track Steam sales and they only list stores they consider legitimate resellers:

https://isthereanydeal.com/
Add on Wario64's twitter and discord, slickdeals, and reddit /r/gamedeals and you're probably at a solid 90% off all the resources people use.

Some really enterprising people might try to pull bundles out of SteamDB, but so many devs and publishers have cut down on "Complete the bundles" that it seems like all you surface are mega-bundles of trash-tier anime smut.

FFVII Remake Intergrade is on sale for $40. Anyone think it'll be cheaper on Black Friday or something? As long as it's not from Epic, idc where I get it legally.

FFVII Remake Intergrade is on sale for $40. Anyone think it'll be cheaper on Black Friday or something? As long as it's not from Epic, idc where I get it legally.
Steam key has already been cheaper on gmg. ~$34ish IIRC. It's going to get repackaged and rereleased to death by SE, so I'm just waiting.

True. I hate waiting but maybe I'll deal. You feel the same about DQ XI?
I'm someone who wanted to support that release early. Consequenly, I'm now stuck with the vanilla version on PC and refuse to buy it again. I bought the S version on console though.

If you haven't played it all then S version is definitely worth the ~$25 current sale price.

Not sure if they'll do the same deal for the inevitable PC version but for PS5, they're including Intergrade for free if you pre-order Rebirth ($70 game, so only $30 more for both).

gg.deals is fine for current deals, definitely has a better interface than itad, but it's garbage for historical data because it aggregates all the stores together.
I don't have that much trouble navigating it. I just hover the mouse over the graph line and it tells me what store offered the price. I guess it would be nice to exclude EPIC from the graph since it's not as valuable as having a steam key though. I mainly exclude the 3rd party key resellers to get an accurate idea of the best price to expect.

That's been the regular sale price for awhile. Unless you absolutely want to play it right away I'd wait for the holiday sale. Might get a steeper discount to get people hyped for Rebirth.

I'm someone who wanted to support that release early. Consequenly, I'm now stuck with the vanilla version on PC and refuse to buy it again. I bought the S version on console though.

If you haven't played it all then S version is definitely worth the ~$25 current sale price.
Okay, then that'll hold me until there's a better FFVII deal. Thanks!

Not sure if they'll do the same deal for the inevitable PC version but for PS5, they're including Intergrade for free if you pre-order Rebirth ($70 game, so only $30 more for both).
I only wanna do digital with Steam, but that PS5 deal is what got me thinking about this question. Hm...

How are Romancing Saga 2 and RS3?

I see they're on sale; RS3 is like 82% off at like $5.21.
New low it looks like on RS3 also - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/romancingsagaiii/info/

Do they need to be played in order b/c their stories continue from one game to the next? Or were they Anthology-like like most FF numbered-sequels?
They are narratively unconnected games with similar themes and mechanics, exactly like Final Fantasy & Dragon Quest.

They are also overly complicated, difficult and aggressively weird, but that’s part of their charm. They probably have not aged well though, but at like $5 a pop they’re probably worth it as curios. I will probably pick them at those prices too actually.

They are narratively unconnected games with similar themes and mechanics, exactly like Final Fantasy & Dragon Quest.

They are also overly complicated, difficult and aggressively weird, but that’s part of their charm. They probably have not aged well though, but at like $5 a pop they’re probably worth it as curios. I will probably pick them at those prices too actually.
Thanks for all of that. Bought RS3.

The biggest problem with the SaGa games is probably the fact that they don’t explain the core mechanics and just expect you to experiment with those overly complicated, difficult, aggressively weird gameplay systems. Which are so convoluted that to this day some SaGa games only have fan-made guides that are best guesses. I respect the hell out of the SaGa director, but those are intimidating games.

And the last Steam Deck update erased my SD Card. Lovely.
Reminds me of when a phone update decided to erase a main picture gallery I hadn't backed up. Lost like 2 months of photos and luckily I don't take many pictures, but yeah, updates like that are pure bull and should be TESTED more so they wont do such bad things.

Reminds me of when a phone update decided to erase a main picture gallery I hadn't backed up. Lost like 2 months of photos and luckily I don't take many pictures, but yeah, updates like that are pure bull and should be TESTED more so they wont do such bad things.
Yeah, the Steam library shows all of the titles still, but the card is all messed up.

When you have support for external cards, you shouldn't destroy them when doing an OS upgrade.

Also, just to make sure people don't accuse me of anything, I am not in the beta or preview channel for the OS updates. Things like this just should not happen to your storage (and based on what I've read on Reddit and other forums, this has been happening for a while now with the Steam Deck.)

What I'm seeing at this point is that it detects the card but destroyed the data format on it so that the system doesn't even recognize it anymore. Wonderful....

The biggest problem with the SaGa games is probably the fact that they don’t explain the core mechanics and just expect you to experiment with those overly complicated, difficult, aggressively weird gameplay systems. Which are so convoluted that to this day some SaGa games only have fan-made guides that are best guesses. I respect the hell out of the SaGa director, but those are intimidating games.
Can’t argue with that. A lot of the games even have permadeath, and so much of everything is convoluted and bonkers just for the sake of being different than the average jrpg. And then there’s something like Unlimited SaGA, which, while being a legitimately terrible game, is still fascinating and unique. Like, if aliens decided to visit Earth and took a liking to jrpgs and then tried to develop one themselves, they would probably make something like Unlimited SaGa. It is so nonsensical and bizarre that you need to read an in-depth guide just to understand what’s happening in the very first battle. Awful game in a lot of ways but it’s so unique that it’s worth experiencing just for a little while.

But the rest of the series is more accessible and fun. Romancing SaGa and SaGa Frontier probably hit the sweet spot between typical jrpg and weird, open-ended experimentation. Anything after that gets overly strange, often indecipherable and yeah a little pretentious. Then there’s the Final Fantasy Legend series, which are like Baby’s First SaGa. They’re easy to get into, not that complicated, and short. And that retro-cool Game Boy aesthetic and music just hits real good these days. Probably smart to check those out to get a feel for SaGa and decide if it’s worth exploring the series further.

It’s funny how it’s such a niche series in an already niche genre, but SaGa has still survived long enough that we’re getting another new game soon. Its DNA is in stuff like Octopath Traveler, Legend of Legacy, Alliance Alive and even Pokemon & Elder Scrolls. I still think it’s a series worth dipping into every now and then.

bread's done
Back