Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Sometimes I really hate these demo fests. I was going to try the Terminator dark fate defiance demo but the devs took it down early today instead of tomorrow.

Sometimes I really hate these demo fests. I was going to try the Terminator dark fate defiance demo but the devs took it down early today instead of tomorrow.
If you downloaded the demo, you can usually go into the local files and launch the .exe file and it'll still work.

Best to always download as many demos as you can early, if you're the type to forget (or try to play over 100 in a week).

rate my gaming chair

M6MAcxS.jpg

Doom 3 for GOG is free on Prime. 

Guessing Deathloop, Fallout 4 and Skyrim will be free soon since they are almost out of Bethesda games to give away.

Hah. Gaming in 2023. This with Cities Skylines 2 unable to hit 60 fps with a 4090 in 1440p is just icing on the cake of crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziLao3bkw5s

It's more or less official on PC, folks: don't Pre-Order or Day 1 anything on PC.

PC game requirements are stiff & high on everything new, games are often unoptimized, and a lot of stuff run awful - and yes, especially on UE5; i.e. go see Remnant 2 and Immortals of Aveum.

Wait for some patches, wait for a sale on base-game and/or Complete Edition a few years, and wait for better hardware out there that can actually run those once demanding games worth a damn.

And they wonder why their games don't sell well at launch on PC, it's stuff like THIS.

TL;DR - Stick to your backlog for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, those who are truly CAGs don't buy new ANYWAYS... because... that's stupid expensive.  But we all bite sometimes.  Right now, I'm stuck isolating, again, so I'm digging through the backlog but yet all I can think about is Spiderman 2.  Soooo yea

Yeah, I recently been playing these - The Order 1886 on PS4 (bought it 2 days ago from PS Digital Store - it rocks so far); Prey 2017 on PC; and Wasteland 2 on PC. All awesome titles here.

Yeah, I'll buy Alan Wake 2 way later, when it's dirt-cheap and/or when I got newer hardware.

EDIT - 10-22-2023:

Ordered a 4tb PS4 WD External Drive from Best Buy to ship yesterday and it arrived today. All set up, formatted for PS4. Loading games onto it, since I needed more space...since I so quickly filled the PS4 internal a little over 400GB internal drive real fast, after so much buying these last few months and especially weeks. Life as both a PS4 and PC gamer rocks.

Had to add room to make room for COD: MW 2019 and Vanguard, you know?

I can wait for AW2 to be given away for free. EGS exclusive on PC and digital-only on console. They are really sending it out to die imo.

Steam Sales.

1. Weeklong Sales on Steam -> https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=weeklongdeals

2. Fallout Day Sale on Steam -> https://store.steampowered.com/sale/falloutdaysale

More info on Fallout Day Sale.

Fallout Franchise Bundle - Complete A Bundle (CAB), so price depends on what you own.

- For example, I see $37.80 for me to CAB...as I own on Steam these: F1, F3 GOTY, F4 GOTY, and FNV Ultimate.

Classic Fallouts - strategic-CRPG's:

- Classic Fallout Collection (Fallout 1 & 2; and Fallout: Tactics) = $4.99

- Fallout 1 = $2.49

- Fallout 2 = $2.49

- Fallout: Tactics = $2.49

Modern Fallouts - shooter-RPG's:

- Fallout 3 GOTY = $4.99

- Fallout NV Ultimate = $6.58

- Fallout 4 GOTY = $9.99

- Fallout 76 (always-online game) -> Standard Edition = $7.99 // The Pitt's Recruitment Edition = $14.99

Fallout Shelter.

- Fallout Shelter = Free-To-Play.

Side note:

-  If you're down w/ DRM-FREE Fallout game-versions, a lot of this stuff's also on sale on GOG at similar pricing...except Fallout 76 & Fallout Shelter, which ain't there on GOG for obvious DRM-laced reasons.

GreenManGaming has some Fallout Day Deals too, with some topping pricing on both GOG and Steam.

GMG's Fallout Day Sale [with all Steam keys]:

-> https://www.greenmangaming.com/titles/fallout/

Classic Fallouts - strategic-CRPG's:

- Classic Fallout Collection (Fallout 1 & 2; and Fallout: Tactics) = $4.25

- Fallout 1 = $2.13

- Fallout 2 = $2.13

- Fallout: Tactics = $2.13

Modern Fallouts - shooter-RPG's:

- Fallout 3 GOTY = $4.25

- Fallout NV Ultimate = $5.61

- Fallout 4 GOTY = $8.50

- Fallout 76 (always-online game) -> Standard Edition = $6.80 // Deluxe Ed. = $16.83

Today I was reminded of why the Microsoft Store sucks. Just remembered I never played Halo Wars 2. When i attempted to download it, I got a something is wrong on our end, try again later message. Another small game I tested worked, though. Never have these kinds of issues with Steam.

Remember to check your GOG and EGS libraries for those Fallout games. All of them except FO4 have been given away at some point.
Fallout NV Ultimate was also given away by Amazon Prime.

I should note: I had all kinds of problems in particular w/ downgrading and modding Fallout 3 GOTY Epic-version w/ Anniversary Patch in particular. All kinds of weird issues w/ the downgrade and then using FOSE; namely with it not always recognizing my folder, mods, screen issues, boot issues, etc. on my 3060m laptop. Just some real weird stuff.

Had to basically ditch F3 Epic-version and go back to F3 GOTY Steam-version, using the Anniversary Patch to downgrade and FOSE for some mods; no issues since. [shrug]

I do recommend most downgrade F3 GOTY and mod it, as there's some much better UI mods and Quickloot Mods, at the very least. Let's face it: Bethesda's UI sucks and their games are better w/ Quickloot; F4 so ruined me w/ Quickloot (it's a feature already in F4) and I need it on every Bethesda Engine game now.

Same goes for utilizing Quickloot Mods and UI mods for most Bethesda games on their duct-taped engine they use on their games - Morrowind (well, there are solid quickloot mods for it out there) Oblivion, Skyrim, F3, F4 and FNV (yeah, I know, Obsidian made FNV - but they used that duct-taped engine for it).

It's also 40gb or so for F3 Epic-version there b/c it downloads every damn language version for F3 GOTY on Epic. You can ditch (delete) whatever versions you might not utilize to save space.

I'd guess if you're using F3 Epic-version and not attempting to mod at all - yeah, you'd probably be fine.

It's also 40gb there b/c it downloads every down language version for F3 GOTY on Epic. You can ditch the non-English versions or whatever versions you might not utilize to save space.

Anybody here cop a Steam Deck from GameStop yet and have any specific pros/cons? Might get one come Black Friday.
I havent, but valve put out their own refurbs specifically because gamestop did and no one trusts gamestop to refurb a damn thing. I wouldnt trust them to fix anything or do anything of use. Meanwhile valve *actually* refurbs them, and sells them for the same price that gamestop is. You just have to be able to order one when they have them. So IMHO Id go that route if you wanted a cheap one

Disappointed about the quality of the Metal Gear Solid ports, but sadly not surprised when I first heard they would only be 720p.

I backed it a decade ago for $250 and still am not sure what that money went to. It did teach me not to get excited for KS's though.
Yeah Kickstarting games in development and even translations of games can be a losing effort. I think I've had 4 major duds/scams where the games never came to fruition at all (whatever visual novel was being localized from Sol Press), Delver's Drop (may come out...who cares now), Soul Saga (don't care anymore either if it comes out), and Cryamore (too ambitious and creator is plain garbage....requested refund ages ago and will never get it). I still do Kickstarters for board games and some visual novels (generally low cost to get it and probably needs funds). I know I have some horror visual novel as well that likely will never come out.

Disappointed about the quality of the Metal Gear Solid ports, but sadly not surprised when I first heard they would only be 720p.
While I'll likely grab it way down the road when it gets cheap and all - I do have MGS2 on GOG; and MGS1 on Playstation Classic.

Also, MGS1: Integral Edition PC port is still on GOG; need to grab that at some point.

Are these still likely the better ways to play MGS1 and 2?

While I'll likely grab it way down the road when it gets cheap and all - I do have MGS2 on GOG; and MGS1 on Playstation Classic.

Also, MGS1: Integral Edition PC port is still on GOG; need to grab that at some point.

Are these still likely the better ways to play MGS1 and 2?
I'm not sure if they're a better way to play them. Will wait and see what kind of updates and/or mods are in the pipeline.

I'm on the lookout for my next Steam Deck game as is.. I had a buncha coupons to bring Mario Wonder down to like $16 so I've been playing the crap outta that this weekend.

bread's done
Back