Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Did you check into your backlog? Anything really good sitting there that needs to be worked on? Anything good on sale dirt-cheap you're looking to grab? What game genres do you like?
Honestly, at some point I need to finish most of my games. BG3, Cyberpunk, and Bards Tales are on the "need to get to" list. I've been eyeballing Mechwarrior 5 lately but I don't wanna buy high when I can see ITAD much better deals.

Honestly, at some point I need to finish most of my games. BG3, Cyberpunk, and Bards Tales are on the "need to get to" list. I've been eyeballing Mechwarrior 5 lately but I don't wanna buy high when I can see ITAD much better deals.
I see MechWarrior 5 (Base) is on sale on GMG for $12.

Two of the DLC's so far are $8 each - but there looks to be like 5 or so, so far, from what I'm seeing on GOG. Can't keep up w/ all of this.

Yeah, I dunno; I'd really like for a Complete Edition at some point.

EDIT:

Also, see NitroMob's post below too, as it's in the Fanatical Prestige bundle, too. Could be an even better deal there, if you can pair it with another game(s) that you're missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see MechWarrior 5 (Base) is on sale on GMG for $12.

Two of the DLC's so far are $8 each - but there looks to be like 5 or so, so far, from what I'm seeing on GOG. Can't keep up w/ all of this.

Yeah, I dunno; I'd really like for a Complete Edition at some point.
I'd bet a Humble Bundle for that one will be coming eventually.

I bought TAF for Pinball Arcade. How does this version compare?

I haven't downloaded the latest Pinball FX yet in silent protest of having to rebuy my games way too often.
I believe the Pinball FX one is better in graphics and maybe physics, although I've heard the sound isn't as good. I refuse to rebuy those games too and will likely ONLY get those when they're Humble Bundled eventually.

AAA horror games like Resident Evil 4 will likely always be cheaper on BF. Obviously PC only horror games this is the time to get them. AAA games are usually the BF sales, and some niche sales here and there. Honestly BF sales haven't blown my mind the last few years, but that's just me. I just get games when they're in my want to play soonish list or they reached my sales threshold. 

UbiSoft is decommissioning more online services again.

Ubi's back at it again, adding more games to the list here for their Jan. 2024 decommissionings of some online services.
-> https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/64NYEKbdiuRMqFE0YXvWCN/decommissioning-some-online-services-in-january
Below, you can find a list of the games and platforms affected. For a detailed breakdown of the effects of this decommissioning, please refer to our updated self-help article.

• Assassin's Creed II - Xbox 360
  • Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - MAC
  • Assassin's Creed Liberation HD - PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
  • Assassin's Creed Revelations - PC
  • Ghost Recon Future Soldier - PC
  • Heroes of Might and Magic VI - PC
  • NCIS - PC
  • R.U.S.E - PC
  • Splinter Cell: Conviction - XBox 360
  • Trials Evolution - PC
Full list & details of what exactly is being pulled from Ubi:
-> https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/decommissioning-of-online-services-for-older-ubisoft-games-january-2024/000105788

N9eUoSk.gif

oics692lk0xa1.jpg

Never heard of it, but sounds interesting based on the description
Atari published it way back in the day. Buggy as heck and pretty much you want the newest UK Patch, which you can apply over the USA Game too.

I'll be curious if it's been updated and whatnot, as the game was a mess. Had to save a lot, as...well, you could break the game and not finish stuff, if you lost a main-quest giver or some event didn't trigger.

RIP to Deep Shadows, who were pioneers of the open-world FPS/RPG hybrid. Some of those guys wound up at GSC (STALKER games) and/or 4A Studios (Metro series) later.

Also, its sequel is already on Steam - Xenus 2: White Gold - War In Paradise. Deep Shadows also had another big title before they folded, The Precursors.

EDIT - 11-2-2023:

Boiling Point: RTH is also going to GOG -> https://www.gog.com/game/boiling_point_road_to_hell?source=news

Great... one of the Heroes games I have on Steam that requires Ubisoft is getting retired or whatever. Effing Ubisoft.

Great... one of the Heroes games I have on Steam that requires Ubisoft is getting retired or whatever. Effing Ubisoft.
You'll still be able to play singleplayer, but not multiplayer. This is what is happening to HOMM VI:

You will be unable to play multiplayer, link Ubisoft accounts in-game or use online features.

Additionally, the Ubisoft Connect rewards will be unavailable.

any opinions on the steam portable ?
Assuming you mean Steam Deck and not one of the others. I don't like using it, but wife wanted it and I don't get the appeal of it. It's harder to work with than a laptop/pc, and isn't as simple as consoles. It's not that portable (much larger and heavier than a Switch). I generally like tinkering, but it pissed me off setting it up.

I guess one thing that annoyed me was that I didn't realize the eMMC version means you had to remove the drive completely to replace. It's not an extra drive slot. Which means you have to reinstall the Steam OS on it after you replace the m.2 module completely. So if you're going to go that route, don't set anything up like I did, because you're going to have to do it again after you swap out the drive. Also, don't charge it to full if you're going to to swap out the drive.

I also copied the backup files from the 106 GB Baldur's Gate 3 install on an SD card, only to realize that it needs the Linux version or whatever, so I just ended up downloading it again.

All in all, a lot of time wasted, half my own fault and half wife was bugging me about it so I didn't read up on things first (even though she said afterwards that she meant for me to do it at my leisure and not the day she put it on my desk with puppy-dog eyes).

In the short time I used it, I also had a hard time figuring out how to install something natively on it instead of streaming it from my PC, if I was logged into Steam on my PC. And I had issues with the trackpad being too sensitive, which further annoyed me.

Assuming you mean Steam Deck and not one of the others. I don't like using it, but wife wanted it and I don't get the appeal of it. It's harder to work with than a laptop/pc, and isn't as simple as consoles. It's not that portable (much larger and heavier than a Switch). I generally like tinkering, but it pissed me off setting it up.

I guess one thing that annoyed me was that I didn't realize the eMMC version means you had to remove the drive completely to replace. It's not an extra drive slot. Which means you have to reinstall the Steam OS on it after you replace the m.2 module completely. So if you're going to go that route, don't set anything up like I did, because you're going to have to do it again after you swap out the drive. Also, don't charge it to full if you're going to to swap out the drive.

I also copied the backup files from the 106 GB Baldur's Gate 3 install on an SD card, only to realize that it needs the Linux version or whatever, so I just ended up downloading it again.

All in all, a lot of time wasted, half my own fault and half wife was bugging me about it so I didn't read up on things first (even though she said afterwards that she meant for me to do it at my leisure and not the day she put it on my desk with puppy-dog eyes).

In the short time I used it, I also had a hard time figuring out how to install something natively on it instead of streaming it from my PC, if I was logged into Steam on my PC. And I had issues with the trackpad being too sensitive, which further annoyed me.
Sounds like a lot of user error on your part.

Heroes VI was infested with the worst version of the always-on uPlay when it first released and more of that still exists than in most games, so it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't just quit working entirely when they pull the plug. That said, it's the worst of the series so it's really not a loss.

Honestly, I haven't had issues on my Steam Deck, but I wish it were more powerful.  With the BB Black Friday sale I am strongly considering the Asus but it has issues too.  I'm going to setup the Steam Deck this week to do Xbox Gaming Cloud stuff and see. 

I like the Steam Deck, but linux is a PITA every time I need to do something relatively easy on Windows.

FWIW,  I have had a great experience so far with the Steam Deck. The key feature for me is the TDP adjustment option to prolong your battery life when needed. Valve is constantly updating the software to improve the experience and the game developers are targeting the Deck's specs to deliver better compatibility for users. 

If you're installing games via the Steam interface, it's very simple to use a Steam Deck.  

If you're doing things like Emudeck and things like that, it's a bit more challenging... but still not heavy lifting.  

Honestly, I haven't had issues on my Steam Deck, but I wish it were more powerful. With the BB Black Friday sale I am strongly considering the Asus but it has issues too. I'm going to setup the Steam Deck this week to do Xbox Gaming Cloud stuff and see.

I like the Steam Deck, but linux is a PITA every time I need to do something relatively easy on Windows.
What about Lenovo's upcoming ROG Ally-wannabe?

What about Lenovo's upcoming ROG Ally-wannabe?
I'm not ever an early adopter anymore, those days are gone TBH. Steam Deck I got in a smidge early on... and for what it is, I DO use it a LOT. I mean, my Switch only got brought out because of Mario Wonder and now that's almost done so it'll go back into storage.

In the Steam Decks favor is that Valve has the majority of my games on one platform. I do play VNs though so sometimes Linux is hit or miss. I've now learned about Wine and some of the ways around it and can play a majority of my needs. I debated hard going to Windows on it but for now it's what I need.

Asus ROG, I've had for years as a brand so they sold me. BB's Black Friday deal + the 2TB upgrade chip (more or less free with full price Ally purchase) had me looking but ultimately it's just not there. But similarly to Steam they're actively working / improving.

Lenovo is a brand I've dodged away from on laptops so I'm not sure what they've got to offer but I definitely wouldn't be on the cutting edge of that one.

My biggest WANT right now, it something that can cloud game in my household from whatever system has the game I wanna play. Whether that's Star-whatever on Xbox, or Spiderman 2 on PS5, or whatever I'd love to just have one platform on which to stream it. My internal household network is about as good as it comes right now so, keep me off the net and I'd be happy. And I rarely ever go on trips anymore but when I do, I usually load what I plan to play locally anyways.

bread's done
Back