Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
People sell steam wallet cards on gameflip at a discount.. but it's only worth it when they have coupons that negate the fee (you'd need to keep the app installed with notifications enabled to be updated about them), and you really won't be saving much. I go that route occasionally if I wanna save a few dollars.. but if you're not already using gameflip it's probably not worth the hassle.

If you like tactics games, I highly recommend Triangle Strategy. It's a bit wordy for some but I thought they did a fantastic job and it is easily worth the $24 on sale if you like these types of games. I enjoyed it a lot more than Tactics Ogre Reborn.
I started Tactics Ogre Reborn a couple months after Triangle Strategy and got 1 hour into Tactics Ogre Reborn.

Triangle Strategy is long for one play through and has multiple paths. But if you like that kind of game, it's the best one in at least a decade.

GreenManGaming has just started their Winter Sale it looks like.

And there are already some all-time lows in the Square-Enix games assuming you have a gold XP membership. I have gold XP and I'm seeing stuff like Nier: Automata GOTY for $12.80, Dragon Quest XI S Definitive for $19.19 and Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII for $23.99.

I already own the first two (don't have the third yet), but figured I'd point it out for anyone interested.

NieR Automata YORHA is awesome; I need to play more of that. I was some 20-30 hours into it, IIRC - before other stuff got in my way.

I think Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive is cheaper on Epic Store. Looks like with the 33% off coupon, so it's $16.07 there. Not including any cash-back (10% off extra gained from purchasing there). Might be worth it for some, just to get it from Steam to avoid Epic and b/c Steam's more robust as a platform and whatnot - but if $ talks to you more so, looks cheaper on Epic. Just note, it's DRM-FREE on both Steam and Epic, provided you boot from the EXE itself, even w/out the service going, according to PCGW - https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dragon_Quest_XI_S_-_Definitive_Edition

Also looks like the PC Gaming Wiki has all kinds of extra info on how to improve visual quality on DQ XI S Definitive too: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dragon_Quest_XI_S_-_Definitive_Edition#Graphical_tweaks

And this Steam Guide looks to help out on visuals too on DQ XI S Definitive - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2312807086

I think it's always worth paying a few extra dollars to have a game on steam over epic, but if the savings are high enough I'd go with epic. The main issue is.. I'm sure the epic client will go under whenever they run out of fortnite money. The client isn't popular enough to last on it's own and probably never will be. It can't survive on paying off devs for exclusivity if the games don't sell enough on the platform. Hell, the GOG client has a much higher chance of lasting for years.

I already feel kinda burned from buying Tony Hawk on epic lol, I think the online servers were shut down and it never got achievements. Meanwhile the steam version has achievements and working multiplayer, plus it works on steamdeck without any hassle. I just wouldn't invest too much in the client when Epic has set it up for failure.

But hey, for singleplayer games that can likely be patched by the community to run offline or are DRM-free without epics multiplayer servers, then go for it.

Wait, what are some of the issues of DQ XI S Definitive on Epic v. Steam?
read it many moons ago, so i only recall there the epic version didnt run as smoothly and had some texture issues in comparison. not sure if its still the case but i'm glad i waited instead buying it on epic last month. Its a steal for $25 on steam or physical.

GreenManGaming has just started their Winter Sale it looks like.

And there are already some all-time lows in the Square-Enix games assuming you have a gold XP membership. I have gold XP and I'm seeing stuff like Nier: Automata GOTY for $12.80, Dragon Quest XI S Definitive for $19.19 and Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII for $23.99.

I already own the first two (don't have the third yet), but figured I'd point it out for anyone interested.
FWIW, I only have bronze XP and I'm also seeing those prices once logged in.

I think it's always worth paying a few extra dollars to have a game on steam over epic, but if the savings are high enough I'd go with epic. The main issue is.. I'm sure the epic client will go under whenever they run out of fortnite money. The client isn't popular enough to last on it's own and probably never will be. It can't survive on paying off devs for exclusivity if the games don't sell enough on the platform. Hell, the GOG client has a much higher chance of lasting for years.

I already feel kinda burned from buying Tony Hawk on epic lol, I think the online servers were shut down and it never got achievements. Meanwhile the steam version has achievements and working multiplayer, plus it works on steamdeck without any hassle. I just wouldn't invest too much in the client when Epic has set it up for failure.

But hey, for singleplayer games that can likely be patched by the community to run offline or are DRM-free without epics multiplayer servers, then go for it.

Look like you can force Steam's Windows version of THPS 1 and 2 to get that working offline too - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3054042304

I dislike the new like system... I don't want to have to think about what human emotion is appropriate for a given post. Please assume a thumbs up is me displaying appropriate human emotions.
anchorman-steve-carell.gif

Epic Games was printing money on demand prior to Fortnite thanks to the Unreal Engine that is heavily used throughout the industry. Gears of War did well for them too, and Unreal Tournament in its time, but the engine is what keeps the lights on over there in North Carolina.

Having said that, fuck if I'd by a game there. Gimme Steam and that Gaben backing any day. Valve's not partially owned by China and conducts itself like its customers matter to them.

I buy Ubisoft games from Epic whenever they have these big coupon discounts because it just goes to Ubisoft's crap launcher anyway so you might as well enjoy the big money savings. $30 for the full package of Anno 1800 is too good to pass up.

I buy Ubisoft games from Epic whenever they have these big coupon discounts because it just goes to Ubisoft's crap launcher anyway so you might as well enjoy the big money savings. $30 for the full package of Anno 1800 is too good to pass up.

Does ubisoft require the epic client to be running to play it? I know the steam versions of their games have.

Agreed on most Ubi games newer than AC2 over on Epic. Most of those, you can just open Epic client, go to the game in the Epic list by Ubi, just link that game to your UbiSoft Connect (UPLAY) account....and then do everything on the UPLAY launcher instead.

I've done that w/ Breakpoint - screw the Epic Launcher, at that point.

I try to use that horrid Epic Launcher as little as possible, unless the game full-on requires it. I'd rather use Heroic or nothing at all (if Epic version's DRM-FREE in full), if possible.

Year end showcase is up... and it doesn't tabulate demos played! :cry:

But, the profile says total games played, which mine is 689. Given the in-depth portion says I played 39 titles, that means I played about 650 demos in 2023. Up over 200 from 2022.

I think I'm done demo delving in-depth now. I will finish out the year with 20 or so more demos and a round-up of stuff that made it to my wishlist. I do need to play my Steam Deck more, but I do love my PC so much... It didn't help I moved into a new home this year and have been doing home maintenance, painting, and decorating more than gaming. Next year, its time to start tackling backlogs...

Yeah, I need to work on backlogs on top of backlogs.

Got backlogged on PC (unless stated otherwise that I got it elsewhere likely on PS4):
Div OS1, Yakuza 1-6, Yakuza LAD, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 5 (PS4), Neo The World Ends With You (PS4), Elden Ring (PS4), ELEX 2, Pathfinder KM, Pathfinder Wrath, POE1, POE2, NFS Heat, Chrono Trigger, FF12, FF10-1 and FF10-2, FF13 Trilogy, HZD Complete, AC Syndicate Season Pass, AC Origins Gold, AC Odyssey Gold, Encased, Atom RPG (OG), Atom RPG: Trudograd, Underrail & its 1st expansion (Expeditions), Witcher 3 and Expansion Pass, and A LOT more.

Need to buy - Div OS2 and DQ11 S Definitive.

This ain't even close to everything, LOL.

Last edited:
Last Demo Dump™ of 2023; only games I recommend looking into this time, since I couldn't be arsed writing 100 more one-line reviews.

Anx Defense - As much tower defense as light-reflecting puzzle game, this is an automation-like meets tower defense. Unique
Crow Country - Modern take on PS1-style survival horror; interesting and no tank controls!
Bahnsen Knights - Legit great arstyle that has an interesting undercover detective meets cult case
My Friendly Neighborhood - First person survival horror, but its puppets; its entertaining
Punihi Loader 2 - Legitimately a fun 3v3 mech battle game featuring meme blobs and asset store mech models; loads of customization, but the melee is very wonky
Grimoire Groves - A sort of pikmin-esque third person growing sim, it's likely good for some
Noxious Weeds - A different VS-like take with two phases, one for acculmulating power, another for unleashing it against... vegetables
Nimrods: Guncraft Survivor - legit fun to cobble together weird guns that are busted, and then get to slap those guns on a drone for another run due to extraction-like ruleset
Below the Stone - 2D single player Deep Rock; extraction-based rouglike
Hope's Final Defense - Another solid VS-like
Antipaint - Its one of those games that's so goofy, you just need to see it in motion
Trash of the Titans - SRPG with a tetris-like power up systems; loved it
Cobalt Core - Fun ship v. ship battles using cards in a FTL-style progression system

More importantly, I think I've learned a lot from playing nearly 700 games this year. It's not like something measurable, more that I can now look at games in the Steam store and get an understanding of the level of effort likely put into the game. I know signs, on boot-up, what's going to be low-rent filler and what can shine through. Many 3D titles have a certain "using stock animations and material" look that can be covered up by good lighting, but still be just butt.

But you can also get an eye for something special, when it has a coherent art style, understands UI/UX, has accessibility options, and can get players into the game quickly. The difference between a three minute tutorial feeling like butt or being part of the fun is how much hand-holding is involved. Many a game I had to get through weird or bad tutorials that I later really enjoyed just because I felt like being a cat dragged by its tail through the initial part.

I also learned to appreciate when I really felt like I could tell between "I don't want to play this right now," and "I don't want to play this ever" when sifting through stuff. Some games certainly have a mood (horror, comes to mind), while others really have to be weighed on time investment (4X, city builders, sim games). I have too many highly rated purchased titles to spend three hours trying to poke at a student-project 4X game.

Lastly, just due to the vast amount of cool stuff out there, I finally have come to appreciate the "not my vibe" check on the visuals and audio of a game. Not saying a game needs to be the best graphics and masterclass music, but if it's not for me, I bet I can find a similar game that looks the way I like. Therefore, settling on a game I find off putting just isn't worth it.

Still going to play demos next year, but I will be much more likely to pick through the mid-tier stuff instead of going through the entire Next Fest catalog.

More importantly, I think I've learned a lot from playing nearly 700 games this year. It's not like something measurable, more that I can now look at games in the Steam store and get an understanding of the level of effort likely put into the game. I know signs, on boot-up, what's going to be low-rent filler and what can shine through. Many 3D titles have a certain "using stock animations and material" look that can be covered up by good lighting, but still be just butt.

But you can also get an eye for something special, when it has a coherent art style, understands UI/UX, has accessibility options, and can get players into the game quickly. The difference between a three minute tutorial feeling like butt or being part of the fun is how much hand-holding is involved. Many a game I had to get through weird or bad tutorials that I later really enjoyed just because I felt like being a cat dragged by its tail through the initial part.

I also learned to appreciate when I really felt like I could tell between "I don't want to play this right now," and "I don't want to play this ever" when sifting through stuff. Some games certainly have a mood (horror, comes to mind), while others really have to be weighed on time investment (4X, city builders, sim games). I have too many highly rated purchased titles to spend three hours trying to poke at a student-project 4X game.

Lastly, just due to the vast amount of cool stuff out there, I finally have come to appreciate the "not my vibe" check on the visuals and audio of a game. Not saying a game needs to be the best graphics and masterclass music, but if it's not for me, I bet I can find a similar game that looks the way I like. Therefore, settling on a game I find off putting just isn't worth it.

Still going to play demos next year, but I will be much more likely to pick through the mid-tier stuff instead of going through the entire Next Fest catalog.
I remember when that first giant itch charity bundle with like 1500+ games for $5 came out I went "it's a shame that thousands of people will technically own these games and never check them out" and since it was early in pandemic times I went through the whole bundle, earmarked a good 400ish games that looked like they could be interesting and spent the next 15 months playing through all of them. A lot of it was just sorta there but you do get a feeling for what truly matters to yourself as a player, and whenever I stumbled upon some random unheard game that was legit pretty great I felt like I unearthed a true hidden gem (Vision Soft Reset is the best Metroidvania no one has played). I recommend anyone who has a stomach for lower budget games to do something like this for at least a little bit.

Any Steam credit discounts at the moment?
+1 because I'm about to head to GS today and pay full price because absolutely nobody carries them instore anymore or has any sales. Extremely disappointed how bad sales have been this year TBH. No matter, I always take my pound of flesh from corporate America somehow.

My Steam thing said I played one demo total, which is obviously very wrong. I'm likely cutting back on demos for Steam Fests too, but I generally will delete them within less than 5 minutes if the demo is feeling horrible, generic, or something else I'll just cut it out. Most of the time those don't get my usual rants. Surprisingly 75% of my Steam gaming was new games. Also I'm 51% a keyboard and mouse gamer. 84 games for me. Overall I hope my new game percent is mainly older games I'm getting out of my backlog, or at least trying to see if they belong in my backlog.

Any Steam credit discounts at the moment?

+1 because I'm about to head to GS today and pay full price because absolutely nobody carries them instore anymore or has any sales. Extremely disappointed how bad sales have been this year TBH. No matter, I always take my pound of flesh from corporate America somehow.

If you have a Gamestop Pro membership it looks like you get 5% off digital games and currencies on their site. So a $20 Steam card is $19 and a $50 card is $47.50.

It ain't much, but it's something I suppose.

Even though they always do it, it still amazes me how quickly WB slashes the prices on their games. Barely four months after release and Mortal Kombat 1 is already 50% off in the winter sale.

Is there any advantage to buying RE Village Gold over just the base game and Winters' Expansion? I notice the latter is cheaper on Humble.

Tempted to get RDR2 because PC is the only place it runs higher than 30fps. Is it pretty much locked to $20 on sale for Steam? I see it’s also $13 on Epic after coupon, but I’m hesitant to get it there.

Just the trauma pack, and that DLC isn't usually highly discounted via Capcom
Thanks, looks like it was a price error so I missed out. Will just wait for Gold to drop some more. Edit: guess Capcom goofed on other games, too. Monster Hunter Stories 2 was almost $10, and now the price is higher.

Last edited:
Tempted to get RDR2 because PC is the only place it runs higher than 30fps. Is it pretty much locked to $20 on sale for Steam? I see it’s also $13 on Epic after coupon, but I’m hesitant to get it there.
I am thinking the exact same thing, I’ll pay the extra $7 to know that I can play it in five years. Once Epic pulls the plug on the free games they will slowly die.

Surprised no one including some blogs mentioned that the Steam Christmas sale has already started. Be sure to get your free sticker daily. Here is a link to the anime game section. Also explore your queue everyday for a free Steam trading card. Time to do my yearly cleaning of my wish list.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back