Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Honestly, who even bothers noticing Steam sales anymore?

it’s so… silly. I have a few games on my wishlist. It’s the same pattern. Every month is “$60 game is now $30! Then back to $60. Then back to $30”. Same prices and same flow every few weeks. There’s no real deals, just suckers pay full MSRP.

Honestly, Steam hasn't been a thing for a long time. You can occasionally pick something decent but usually GMG, Fanatical, Humble have better overall prices. Steams sale just pushed the other sites to have slightly better sales (competition, you know?).

I think I buy mostly from Steam directly when...
1. the price is the same as GOG (especially if it's DRM-FREE on Steam);
2. Steam-version is more updated (newer patches, more DLC's, better mod support, etc);
3. when the game costs way less on Steam than GOG and I want to play now or soon;
4. Steam-version is ONLY sold via Steam (as there's no other 3rd party digital sellers like Fanatical, etc selling it);
5. I have Steam Gift Card money to use (which I probably got a Steam Card from GameStop or it was on sale somewhere);
5. the price is so cheap on Steam for the game that I don't care
6. and/or I'm doing one of those killer Complete-A-Bundles Steam has to knock off lots of $ b/c you "own" other stuff in the bundle to knock the price down to get what you're missing.

Last edited:
I grabbed D4...DIV...DIIII...as well. I wanted Anal Wake, butt my GPU is older than my kids, so I figured I'd go with the game that seems like they are desperately trying to up the player base on and hope for a D3 2.0 turn around.

I grabbed D4...DIV...DIIII...as well. I wanted Anal Wake, butt my GPU is older than my kids, so I figured I'd go with the game that seems like they are desperately trying to up the player base on and hope for a D3 2.0 turn around.
Yeah, I started playing it a bit at lunch and it feels.... fine? Of course, I'm still in the beginning areas, so who knows how much I'll enjoy it in a few hours.

D2 and D3 just feel so much better to me at this point, but maybe I'll get used to D4 at some point.

If you have a Gamestop Pro membership it looks like you get 5% off digital games and currencies on their site. So a $20 Steam card is $19 and a $50 card is $47.50.

It ain't much, but it's something I suppose.
Too late I'm afraid, already bought with some credit I had left over to use it up. My Pro expired in October and I see no reason I'll ever renew now.

it’s so… silly. I have a few games on my wishlist. It’s the same pattern. Every month is “$60 game is now $30! Then back to $60. Then back to $30”. Same prices and same flow every few weeks.

Yeah that's it for the most part. I've got 492 wishlisted games. Only 13 of those are at historical lows.

All these hipsters too cool to buy from Steam sales, but there are a ton of neat games on Steam that the other sites don't bother to sell at all, meaning the actually cool hipsters need to be back on the Steam sales again instead of posing about their mainstream fare on Fanatical and Humble... :p :p :p

All these hipsters too cool to buy from Steam sales, but there are a ton of neat games on Steam that the other sites don't bother to sell at all, meaning the actually cool hipsters need to be back on the Steam sales again instead of posing about their mainstream fare on Fanatical and Humble... :p :p :p
Only worth buying something on steam when theres something actually good thats not on your prefer console and of course uncensored versions or games only on pc/steam don't know what those are but some nsfw stuff.

I totally forgot about the game vault, thanks for reminding me. Would be great to grab Diablo IV but still about 300 ARPs short.
It's the first game I've ever grabbed from the vault, I usually forget that it's an option with Alienware.

Still don't know how some of the people are earning 5 or 600 points a week there.

I do strongly agree with most opinions on Steam sales. I generally get on Steam:

- 18+ games are generally only on Steam and DRM Free websites, so that's limited choice.
- Games only on Steam because they hate us, generally some early access game that has gone 1.0 (EX: 30XX).
- Generally older games that have gone sale stagnant on most sites, or stopped going on sale. They may somehow get an okay sale on a large Steam sale.
- Visual novels because they are generally only on Steam and DRM free sites like JAST USA and Mangagamer.

I do still generally try to complete my Steam badge during events and will try to do it freely and likely have to buy or trade for a card or two. I also still have Astral Ascent and now Across the Obelisk to review since they're my last two most played games. Look forward to them right after Christmas or today if I get bored after making some sweets.

Still don't know how some of the people are earning 5 or 600 points a week there.
Are people still doing that? I know people could get a lot based on submitting things and it being voted on, but they did away with Community ARP a while ago.

Are people actually earning enough to get a game from the vault every month? Without using multiple accounts I mean. If you wanted to do everything for multiple accounts, eventually you'd never have to worry about not having enough points to get something good if it pops up, assuming you don't spend all the points all the time.

AFAIK, these are the only ways to earn it now.
Quests - Usually one per week day. For a while it's been 4 days of "mini-games" for 7 each, then on the fourth day the mini-game ends with a bonus game, which I've been getting 20 for. Then on the fifth day it's an ad that gives 5. So that's 7+7+7+7+20+5=53
Advent Calendar - Goes from 1 point up to 6 points then 10 points for any days over 28 in the month. For this month that's between 7 and 24 each week with 30 extra points if you login every day.
7 Day Streak - Goes from 1 point to 5 for consecutive logins. So that's 1+1+2+2+3+3+5=17
Steam Quests - Every week you can pick a steam game, "play" it for an hour and get 15 points. Then there is a FTP game and a Paid game that reward 25 points each if you "play" them for an hour. So that's between 15 to 65 points per week if you luck out and own the Paid game.
Twitch Quests - "Watch" a participating channel for X amount of time (I don't really know how long it takes, I just load it, pause the video, then close it when it says I earned max amount. That's 15 per day or 105 per week.
Time on Site - 5 ARP max per day. So that's 35 per week.

Add it up and it's about 250-275 per week.

Occasionally they'll have bonus points... Like I think for all of December, they offered bonus log in points each week. If you logged in 5 days each week, you'd get 75 bonus points.

Then there's Artifacts.
I won't attempt to explain them cause I don't really understand it.
There's a thread that kinda explains it on their forums.

The ones I have gets me 4 extra points for Steam quests and an extra point for Twitch quests.

I usually get 1500-1600 ARP a month. Artifacts help a good amount as I get bonuses for the daily calendar login and steam quests, plus 15% off marketplace.

I usually get 1500-1600 ARP a month. Artifacts help a good amount as I get bonuses for the daily calendar login and steam quests, plus 15% off marketplace.
Nice... I really wasn't paying attention at all to Alienwarearena at all after I maxed rank in the old system. Only started paying attention again recently, so I missed out on getting any good artifacts. Hopefully the good ones become available again at some point.

Anyone thinking about buying a game in the Steam sale: It seems like January's Humble Choice headliners have been leaked. This is the second time I've seen these games mentioned in the last couple of days.

Aragami 2, Two Point Campus, and Marvel Midnight Suns

I didn't get a card yesterday, then I got this today.

5pX0zSN.png

I actually sold a foil for 43 cents...

tdwNtkx.gif

I don't know why newcag is breaking my gif. It's the dude making it rain with a single dollar.

Last edited:
Anyone thinking about buying a game in the Steam sale: It seems like January's Humble Choice headliners have been leaked. This is the second time I've seen these games mentioned in the last couple of days.

Aragami 2, Two Point Campus, and Marvel Midnight Suns

Ugh, I knew I should have never bought that game earlier this year.

Tempted to get RDR2 because PC is the only place it runs higher than 30fps. Is it pretty much locked to $20 on sale for Steam? I see it’s also $13 on Epic after coupon, but I’m hesitant to get it there.

Looks like it's all the $16-20 range most places, according to...
ITAD - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/reddeadredemptionii/info/
GG - https://gg.deals/game/red-dead-redemption-ii/

About Epic - I have it there; bought it there a while ago. Great game.

Do note, RDR2 PC Version: no matter where on PC that you buy it, you also have to deal w/ the lame Rockstar Launcher app running in the background too.

Like most top AAA companies these days (Microsoft with their Xbox PC App, UbiSoft with their UbiSoft Connect, Blizzard w/ BattleNet, EA with their crummy EA Desktop App, etc) - you have to deal w/ their launcher-junk they built into the game from the ground-up at least...and then also some other store's required-launcher if you buy it from somewhere else (like say Steam, Epic, etc).

So yes, that does include Epic or Steam too. So, on Epic - you have to deal w/ both Epic Launcher and Rockstar Launcher. On Steam, you have to deal w/ Rockstar Launcher and Steam both. Also, See PC Gaming Wiki in the Availability/Client Apps/DRM section - https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Red_Dead_Redemption_2

I should note for all gamers that ain't got it yet from older Humble Choices or when it was in Amazon Prime Gaming Monthly stuff:
Mass Effect: Legendary is $6 everywhere pretty much.

-> Console gamers - PSN (for PS4/PS5 gamers) and XBL (for Xbox console gamers)
-> For PC Gamers - Steam, Epic, EA Desktop App, and likely anywhere else you can probably think of.

-> ITAD on ME:LE - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/masseffectlegendaryedition/info/

I love ME Trilogy (especially ME2 and ME3 with ALL DLC's) and also ME: Legendary Collection, so...had to mention this.

ME1 is so much better in Legendary Edition Collection, IMHO - improved graphics, improved Mako controls (the vehicle), and improved combat. And having all the DLC's in one place is awesome for both ME2 and ME3 and able to pull your characters easier into each games is lovely - but do be aware, it takes up over 100GB+ on the PC to install this beast.

Also, for ME1 fans that go Legendary - if you really need Pinnacle Station, the mod's over on Nexus:
-> https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectlegendaryedition/mods/832

EDIT - Do note, ME: Legendary still always requires EA Desktop App on PC, even if you get it on Steam or Epic.

Last edited:
I just don't have much in the way of artifacts. Maybe that's how people do it.

Wait wait wait y'all saying there's a reward program you can easily get pts to buy games on steam WTF I'm just now hearing about this

Nice... I really wasn't paying attention at all to Alienwarearena at all after I maxed rank in the old system. Only started paying attention again recently, so I missed out on getting any good artifacts. Hopefully the good ones become available again at some point.

I have my artifacts upgraded as much as they can currently go, so I get +6 for each daily calendar claim, +13 for each steam quest completed, plus 15% off marketplace for the set bonus. There are better combinations for regular ARP gain, like adding Twitch bonuses, but I'm too lazy to remember to swap out my artifacts in advance so I just leave them as is. The last few months have been a boosted buy the DOTA, PUBG and other whatnot events. I'm more sour that they nerfed the DRP gain. I was hoping to get another monitor for my wife and I doubt I can gather another $170 in Dell dollars by March when my current funny monies start to expire.

I've really only paid attention to Alienware Arena this year, but apparently I've been a member since 2014. This year some of my standout gets were the new System Shock, Remnant 2, V Rising, RE4, The Invincible, D4, a G2723HN and a S3422DWG. Guess I need to add Arena info to the OP.

Last edited:
I have my artifacts upgraded as much as they can currently go, so I get +6 for each daily calendar claim, +13 for each steam quest completed, plus 15% off marketplace for the set bonus.
I have two of the set that gives bonus calendar points. Hopefully I can get the third at some point.

I never paid any attention to the dell points, which is a shame because I now that they're nerfed, I realize I missed out. I don't even know how many dell points I had in their old system. I remember seeing a bunch that they'd give out for leveling up, but I never looked into it or redeemed any.

I have my artifacts upgraded as much as they can currently go, so I get +6 for each daily calendar claim, +13 for each steam quest completed, plus 15% off marketplace for the set bonus. There are better combinations for regular ARP gain, like adding Twitch bonuses, but I'm too lazy to remember to swap out my artifacts in advance so I just leave them as is. The last few months have been a boosted buy the DOTA, PUBG and other whatnot events. I'm more sour that they nerfed the DRP gain. I was hoping to get another monitor for my wife and I doubt I can gather another $170 in Dell dollars by March when my current funny monies start to expire.

I've really only paid attention to Alienware Arena this year, but apparently I've been a member since 2014. This year some of my standout gets were the new System Shock, Remnant 2, V Rising, RE4, The Invincible, D4, a G2723HN and a S3422DWG. Guess I need to add Arena info to the OP.

I know I should probably be doing this, myself, and it may not be any more work than the ad-grinding I do in the shitty romance f2p VN apps on my phone, but I feel exhausted just reading this.

Looks like it's dead.
It's still available via DE and FR versions of the site, but you'll be paying slightly more due to the currency difference.

I think I'm just gonna wait on these anyway. HiFi Rush will definitely hit 75% off and it's on game pass. Armored Core is the most interesting to me, but not at that price.

Epic Store - Today's Freebie.

->
GHOSTWIRE: Tokyo.
Nice, almost bought for $5 at Wal-Mart back when I got deathloop I wasnt sure on price but I think it was $5 as well. Just wish I can play PC games with these free games.
I know I should probably be doing this, myself, and it may not be any more work than the ad-grinding I do in the shitty romance f2p VN apps on my phone, but I feel exhausted just reading this.
I'm still confused on it, no one confirmed to me steam rewards and I dont know what artifact and everything else was said.
$10 off certain Steam-keyed Games on GamesPlanet with coupon: ROGGAMEAWARDS

Link - https://us.gamesplanet.com/promo/ASUSGAMEAWARDS

These Steam-keyed games, After Coupon:
- Hi-Fi Rush = $10
- Ghostrunner 2 = $14
- Remnant 2 = $20
- Armored Core VI = $44

EDIT - I'm in for Hi-Fi Rush.
Good price for all of them except amored core. Best dream would be steam/epic and ps library is connected to play steam/epic games on ps5. Im to use to everything being ps trophies

Ghostwire was a game I tried on PS+ where I enjoyed the first hour a good deal and then stopped by hour 4 or so as I felt I had already seen all the game had to offer... so free feels like a fair price to try it out and then put down once it starts getting old.

The graphics (especially if you can throw RT On) is definitely worth playing for. Tokyo looks awesome here.

Lore, story and character stuff's the main reason to keep playing Ghostwire; that stuff gets better and better, as you go along. Open-world stuff, gameplay, and finger-combat combat's cool and all - but it's the other stuff that's it's really worth playing for.

Are people still doing that? I know people could get a lot based on submitting things and it being voted on, but they did away with Community ARP a while ago.

Are people actually earning enough to get a game from the vault every month? Without using multiple accounts I mean. If you wanted to do everything for multiple accounts, eventually you'd never have to worry about not having enough points to get something good if it pops up, assuming you don't spend all the points all the time.

AFAIK, these are the only ways to earn it now.
Quests - Usually one per week day. For a while it's been 4 days of "mini-games" for 7 each, then on the fourth day the mini-game ends with a bonus game, which I've been getting 20 for. Then on the fifth day it's an ad that gives 5. So that's 7+7+7+7+20+5=53
Advent Calendar - Goes from 1 point up to 6 points then 10 points for any days over 28 in the month. For this month that's between 7 and 24 each week with 30 extra points if you login every day.
7 Day Streak - Goes from 1 point to 5 for consecutive logins. So that's 1+1+2+2+3+3+5=17
Steam Quests - Every week you can pick a steam game, "play" it for an hour and get 15 points. Then there is a FTP game and a Paid game that reward 25 points each if you "play" them for an hour. So that's between 15 to 65 points per week if you luck out and own the Paid game.
Twitch Quests - "Watch" a participating channel for X amount of time (I don't really know how long it takes, I just load it, pause the video, then close it when it says I earned max amount. That's 15 per day or 105 per week.
Time on Site - 5 ARP max per day. So that's 35 per week.

Add it up and it's about 250-275 per week.

Occasionally they'll have bonus points... Like I think for all of December, they offered bonus log in points each week. If you logged in 5 days each week, you'd get 75 bonus points.

Then there's Artifacts.
I won't attempt to explain them cause I don't really understand it.
There's a thread that kinda explains it on their forums.

The ones I have gets me 4 extra points for Steam quests and an extra point for Twitch quests.

I'm still confused on it, no one confirmed to me steam rewards and I dont know what artifact and everything else was said.

Every month they add some games (on steam, epic, blizzard, whatever).

bread's done
Back