Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The games have also been patched up, so they include the console updates. Now isn't a terrible time to buy them if you've been wanting to play them

For Square stuff - I still got FF3 3D, FF4 3D and TAF; FF10 and 10-2; FF 13 Trilogy, FF 15; CT; and a bunch of the SAGA games - so, I think I can wait.

I see FF Pixel Remaster is a "CAB" (Complete A Bundle) - so, looks like later there might be discounts, if I own certain ones?

I also don't think Old versions of FF1, FF2 and FF4 got PC ports. I still dunno how I missed FF4 on my PSX (and CT then too in that CT/FF4 FF Collection), back in the day.

EDIT - Any idea what is in the console updates? Patch-log list anywhere?

EDIT 2 - Got a patch-log list:

Last edited:
A better time than late stage capitalism?
Like a time when a single income family could purchase a reasonable house? A time when you could put yourself through college with a part time job? Companies that celebrated longevity and tenure instead of shareholder value?

I mean, you still didn’t name a better time lol. It’s easy to compare things to imagined utopias. I don’t have a college degree and our annual household income isn’t 6 figures, but we still were able to buy a house. It’s small and over a century old and not in a trendy city but we got a yard so it’s paradise. College is vastly overrated, learn a trade or start a business. Corporations have always done shitty things, our modern ones are not unique.

I was born in a Communist shithole. Both my parents grew up in a tiny apartment with one bedroom for their entire 4-6 member families. My mom’s apartment didn’t even have a bathroom- there was a shared bathroom for the entire building. Public housing they never paid for btw. College was also free and so the degrees were mostly useless.

I get it that it’s hip to bash capitalism these days, but plenty of people are making it in America and having a great life these days.

I mean, you still didn’t name a better time lol. It’s easy to compare things to imagined utopias. I don’t have a college degree and our annual household income isn’t 6 figures, but we still were able to buy a house. It’s small and over a century old and not in a trendy city but we got a yard so it’s paradise. College is vastly overrated, learn a trade or start a business. Corporations have always done shitty things, our modern ones are not unique.

I was born in a Communist shithole. Both my parents grew up in a tiny apartment with one bedroom for their entire 4-6 member families. My mom’s apartment didn’t even have a bathroom- there was a shared bathroom for the entire building. Public housing they never paid for btw. College was also free and so the degrees were mostly useless.

I get it that it’s hip to bash capitalism these days, but plenty of people are making it in America and having a great life these days.
I didn’t name a specific time because it is entirely subjective to personal experiences. The ‘good old days’ that conservatives point to for economic and perceived safety was a horrible time for people of color/immigrants/LGBT etc. In your upbringing, housing and college being a given didn’t justify the quality of living and the lack of economic opportunity.

My problems with capitalism don’t stem from fashion. The average monthly rent in my city is $3100. Trades and small businesses crater when entry level wages ($20/hr) don’t form a livable wage. Massive corporations are scooping up industries and housing and are left relatively untouched by consequences. It isn’t new and sure, it doesn’t affect everyone, but I can sit comfortably in saying it sucks and there has to be a better way.

Soaking up the benefits of the same capitalism you critique. It blows my mind that some reddit page or whatever decided this will be cool.
Mass layoffs haven't affected me. I think they suck. I don't feel guilty about my opinion. Thus, I am comfortable with my opinion. It blows my mind that you wasted time reading my post and only came away with the word 'comfortable' and it bothered you.

The original Fallout is free on GoG via Amazon Prime gaming this month. All the classic Fallout games were given away free on GoG years ago before the license changed hands, so many of you probably already own it there (if you search Fallout the new listing won't show as owned but you should have "Fallout Classic" in your library along with 2 and Tactics). Also the Humble Choice from February of last year included a Steam key for it that came with Fallout 76 that is listed to expire this March 5th. So plenty of time limited Fallout to go around.

Thanks for posting this I'll put the games in the Fanatical thread.

For what I've played it's only Ziggurat 2 (a more polished version of the first pretty fun FPS rogue like), and Dust and Neon had a pretty solid demo. It was pretty fast strategy and action game which I am likely interested in the set. Luck Be A Landlord is excellent for a while but becomes very, very repetitive over time. It does have a modding community which create their own symbols. It's a fun game, but I think the value of it isn't super high. About $3 (the price for buying the bundle in full of game) is what I'd pay for it.

pouring-out-liquor.gif

show-time.gif

A better time than late stage capitalism?
Like a time when a single income family could purchase a reasonable house? A time when you could put yourself through college with a part time job? Companies that celebrated longevity and tenure instead of shareholder value?
At least part of this post is quite ironic, because the single largest contributor to the cost of college was the government trying to subsidize it, which is the absolute opposite of capitalism. Those near-sighted idiots increased demand through federally subsidized loans without increasing supply. Had they understood ECON 101, they would have realized what the inevitable outcome would be.

At least part of this post is quite ironic, because the single largest contributor to the cost of college was the government trying to subsidize it, which is the absolute opposite of capitalism. Those near-sighted idiots increased demand through federally subsidized loans without increasing supply. Had they understood ECON 101, they would have realized what the inevitable outcome would be.
It's actually using capitalism as a means of success is the problem. Services that make the world better for all of us are counter to the profit motive of extracting value.

If they're going to pay for it (and they should), then just nationalize it. Like Finland.

The country with some of, or are, the best schools and universities in the world.

School should be free. Having any money filter through students is wasteful and dumb. Cut out a poop ton of middle men, as well, saving massively.

On topic, Next Fest soon. Let's get those demos rolling! Pepper Grinder released already, gotta try it.

Hey guys, just curious, what's the safest way to sell a PC steam code? I got 2 Steam codes for Last of Us Part I that I don't want since that to me is a console game so plan to get it eventually on PS5. I've sold DLC codes for PS4/5 games before on eBay but never sold Steam codes.

Next Fest coming soon nice! To satiate your appetite for many demo impressions from myself and TheKbob I'm sure here are a few demos I tried out recently:

Balatro and Pepper Grinder are the winners out of this subset. I'm not sure I'd buy any of them on release, but they're both solid games.

Amedama – 56 minutes completed demo. This one was a somewhat open world (very limited IMHO like a worse Way of the Samurai) Samurai game where you die early and they take your sister. Your soul wanders and you learn you can take over dead or dying animals/people. Of course this leads to a 2D action adventure Samurai game about finding your sister and getting revenge. The music was the best part of this game. It was a little typical Japanese sounding, but pretty cool. The graphics look like Code of Princess for characters, and frankly don’t look good IMHO. The controls also feel super floaty and the main way to win combat is to block and push a button (X on the Series X controller) and counter attack. The characters and story was okay enough but way too on rails. I love Samurai games, but this one feels more like a get on heavy sale or bundled. 6.5/10

Balatro – 2.1 hours did a few runs. This is video poker the rogue lite in a weird old school graphics feeling complete with CRT filters. The main quirk of this one is levels which you need a certain score to pass. You get better scores for better hands of cards and have a limited amount of discards (can discard up to 5 cards). You play as many cards as you want. I recommend playing out the max 5 if possible since you start with a 52 card deck. The main quirk to this game is you can get up to 5 jokers that give you passive powers. This can be upping the multiplier, counting some cards twice, giving you more points for certain cards, and other powers. These are one of the main ways to get big points. You also can get one time use zodiac glyphs which do special things like upgrading cards or changing cards suits. Also cards themselves can get powers such as being worth more points, being counted twice for points, giving more multiplier, etc… This game reminds me of when I was in Vegas playing video poker when I didn’t want to go to bed. It’s a pretty fun game overall and becomes very challenging after the first area. I’m not sure I’d buy this full price, but there is fun here and kind of a laid-back chill atmosphere. 7.5/10

Pepper Grinder – 13 minutes beat three levels. This one is a 2D platformer drill game where you get a drill in the beginning and use it to go through dirt and collect things and move around. This one is a momentum-based platformer so you will often go from one dirt patch to the other. The graphics and sounds are nice. The story is nonexistent for the most part. Levels are like in Super Mario Bros 3 on a world map. Well worth it on sale or bundled. 7.5/10

Searching for Rest – 14 minutes one playthrough. This was not a very good game IMHO. It was pretty much like that one Price is Right game where you punch holes in a wall with a lot of money to be gained. In this case you’re trying to find boots to get you to the end of an area and having to pick a lot of graves. These graves could contain dirt, bones (heals you), swords, enemies or some other things. You get some powers after a few stages. The enemies do damage to you before you do it to them. This game was super basic looking and sounding, as well as extremely random. You get to peek at graves some rounds, but it’s still extremely random. I wouldn’t even want this one bundled as it felt so repetitive already and had so little strategy. 5/10

Swappy World – 2 minutes. This felt like a horrible mobile port on PC. To play this game you have cards and energy. The cards are items and have a number on top of them. This shows how much energy to get the item. You click on these to gather and craft stuff. This felt like a mess to play with a mouse, as it was slow and unresponsive at times. The graphics and sounds are mobile like and look generic. Card Survival: Tropical Island on Steam looks worse than this, but plays better in so many ways and has a demo as well. 4/10

Yohane the Parhelion - NUMAZU in the MIRAGE – 38 minutes beat first area and demo. This wins my award for cutest art for a very generic game. In this one you play Yohane a mage girl who gets sucked into a mirror. In the mirror you get choices to go around and get in Slay the Spire card battles. There is one quirk where you can call an ally and get buffs at anytime if you got their card. They also provide buffs if you play cards with their character on it. The gameplay is very straight forward and plays well enough. I feel the playing of cards itself is a little laggy and not as clean as Slay the Spire’s drag up out of your hand to play cards. The graphics were pretty clean and nice looking. The girls were cute, the voice acting decent, the story simple but OK enough like a slice of life anime, and the challenge just barely enough. This feels like a generic Slay the Spire like game overall and will feel better if you watched the anime or are familiar with the IP. I would never buy this game and would only get it on the deepest of sales if you’ve exhausted all the Slay the Spire likes. Just another average anime game. 5.5/10

Last edited:
Unfortunately not demo impressions for Blazblue Entropy Effect. To summarize it I don't recommend it especially compared to Astral Ascent (one of my favorite roguelites of last year) and Spirtfall (leaving early access in February). Both are arena brawlers better than this. I'll go into more details below:

First of all the this is an arena brawler using Blazblue characters. You play as some robot guy in the hub world with a pretty nonsense storyline that is frankly pretty boring and not presented well. The hub world frankly sucks too as you move somewhat slowly and awkwardly around, the elevator between three levels moves slowly, and things are spread a bit far. The upgrades to me still make no sense and I'm still in a tutorial phase after beating one elite enemy.

When you actually get into the game you get to play as your chosen Blazblue character. They all have different attacks and play differently. It's not always obvious what your character is capable of, but there is a little video explaining how they generally play. In general this is a 2D action arena game playing like a button mashy brawler. You have a main attack that can be dash attacked, jump attacked, and held to unleash a strong attack. You also have other abilities on cooldown including a special attack (may do different moves depending on direction used) and a legacy attack that is kind of like a super. Very little of this is explained well. You also have a dodge attack that you will have to master well. You go around beating up many generic looking enemies comboing them around taking out their sometimes HP spongey life. After you're done with a screen you get an award which may be augments to abilities, enhancing your attacks/skills, and special rooms which heal/give you buffs and some other stuff. At the end of a screen you choose your next area though some are not explained well (what exactly are lightning, ice, fire, whatever consisting of). I don't know if there is a map, but the first area has 8 screens with a boss on the eight I believe.

The graphics in this game look excellent but for some reason the game runs like poop using my 4080. I had to turn it down to medium settings to not get weird stops in the game (they happen now still for too many graphical effects on screen I'm guessing). It all looks real nice and animates nicely but the movement and fighting feel floaty. It makes it much harder to read enemies and dodge things well. It also doesn't help projectiles and some attacks come out so quickly and are hard to dodge. It's not easy tracking where you lose your HP as well. It's all really flashy and plays OK, but feels like style over substance.

This game feels like an inferior version of Astral Ascent. That one has not a great story either but feels better than this, much tighter controls and abilities and just feels better made. Everything feels flashier in this but just doesn't play as well. I also felt Spirtfall's demo and controls with it's Smash Bros like gameplay and arenas felt better as well. Everything feels bare bones and samey in this. I didn't mention that when you die you can select skills/passives of 2 other avatars to make you stronger. I like the idea, but it replacing your moves with theirs even when they don't fit feels like a downside as well. You end up losing your own skills and having the skills of 2 others, which is a lame system IMHO and makes your avatar feel much less unique.

I'm kind of sad I was really drawn into the gushing review of one Youtube reviewer giving this a 9/10 as I don't agree at all. This feels Blazblue like mainly just in the characters and their abilities and combo heavy system with mass HP sponges. Otherwise it feels very generic and is a pretty game that doesn't match up as well versus similar 2D arena rouge lite action games. It isn't a bad game at all, but I feel like I'm already getting bored of the gameplay loop and seeing many cracks. I got it from Greenmangaming for cheaper, otherwise I would be requesting a refund on Steam. Overall for me this gets an 6.5/10.

Last edited:
Played some of the Islands of Insight demo (demo key is/was available on AA), mainly since the full game will be on AlienwareArena's game store in February and I would have enough points/tier to get it. It's fun, but runs like crap on my system and has horrible lag. Felt like I was playing UO back in the day with the rubberbanding.

Last edited:
Capcom = delisted old DMC3: Special and DMC4: OG.

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition and DMC4: Original version were delisted from Steam:
-> https://www.pcgamesn.com/devil-may-cry-steam-delisted-capcom

Notes:
- You can only get DMC3 now with its newer version that's over in the DMC HD Collection (with also HD versions of DMC1 and 2)
- And for DMC4, Original DMC4 PC version's gone....so only DMC4: Special Ed. is on Steam now.

Last edited:
If anyone has a switch.. the switch version of DMC3SE is the definitive version of the game. It has features that other platforms don't have. I guess there are mods that exist on PC to mimic the switch version.. but this is one of the very rare instances that I'd suggest getting it on switch instead.

I generally tend to not buy early access games unless they're going on sale before a final release. Palworld has so many people playing it and it's usually best to play multiplayer games when there are many playing. I think the only early access I played a decent amount of was Vampire Survivors and Hades. I could have waited on Hades for sure.

Looks pretty amazing to me. I loved the demo I played of Beacon Pines and Children of Silent Town.

Speaking of amazing Steam Next Fest from now until February 12th sometime (so a week). Expect many demo impressions from me and likely TheKbob and some others. Just lots of demos to try out. if not going crazy try out some of the more popular demos. I'm expecting to play about 150 or so demos. Maybe less, probably more. A lot of those are played for a minute or two and dropped immediately and many I wont be in the mood to try in the week.

New format for my reviews since I am now starting to track all the games I play to help manage my backlog and track my time played a bit better. Not to like "control my time," but to be more productive when I game. It's a me thing...

Looks like I have 53 demos downloaded currently, not counting the ones I played below, so I will be busy this week.

Anywho, you can see the break down in the first spoiler. The second will be the recommended with links.

GameExcitementRoll Credits?Time PlayedStatusRatingReasonsBlown Away?Stunner?Bummer?Story/GP/Both?Worth My Time?
Moonshire
5​
No
33​
Abandoned
5​
Some fun, but just another one of those topdown action-adventure gamesNoNoYesNo
Destroy the Monoliths
1​
No
3​
Abandoned
1​
No idea what this is…NoNoYesNo
Ato
7​
Yes
25​
Completed
8​
A well made pixel-based metroidvaniaNoYesNoGameplayYes
Sir Whoopass
6​
Yes
36​
Completed
7​
A fun parody game, good for an afternoonNoNoNoBothYes
Finel Diced
5​
No
30​
Abandoned
6​
Solid idea, but very tedious to play - food based dice gameNoNoYesGameplayYes
Orcish Skies
1​
No
1​
Abandoned
1​
Not what I wanted, very strong navel elementsNoNoYesNo
Machine Armor Zero
8​
No
2​
Abandoned
3​
ARPG that just feels awful to attempt to playNoYesYesGameplayNo
Pepper Grinder
9​
Yes
19​
Completed
9​
Hopefully a top-tier 2D action title; time trials and secrets!YesNoNoGameplayYes
Once Upon a Dungeon 2
5​
No
6​
Abandoned
5​
It's likely an okay rogue title, but I have other to playNoNoYesGameplayNo
Words of Yendor
5​
No
12​
Abandoned
5​
An okay word-game-based RPG, but its very rough around the edgesNoNoYesGameplayNo
Beloved Rapture
5​
Yes
32​
Completed
8​
Good looking pixel RPG with lots detail thrown in; interestin story beatsNoYesNoBothYes
Pyrene
7​
Yes
40​
Completed
8​
Really great card-based RPG, with a city to rebuild and puzzle/card encountersYesNoNoGameplayYes
Crystal Story Dawn of Dusk
2​
No
7​
Abandoned
3​
I don't like EarthboundNoNoYesNo
Skies Above
6​
No
9​
Abandoned
5​
Poor tutorial and no real meat beyond the bones unless you grindNoYesYesGameplayNo
HeistGeist
7​
Yes
77​
Completed
9​
Great story-based card game with two different types of games in oneYesYesNoBothYes
Twinkle Hunter
3​
No
1​
Abandoned
1​
Stinkle HunterNoNoYesNo
Obsidian Legion
8​
Yes
115​
Completed
9​
Amazing 2D souls-like with pretty much everything on pointYesYesNoGameplayYes
The Age of Hell
6​
Yes
38​
Completed
9​
A really good Boomer Shooter with lots of asskicking vibesYesYesNoGameplayYes

Lemme know any feedback to the layout and I can try to tweak it. Right now I'm just copy - paste from Excel.

Last edited:
FYI, multiple stores all running prices of this a little different. I'm eyeballing Dragon Quest Treasures and Steams with the Deluxe is the same price as the Greenman Gaming which appears to not have that.

bread's done
Back