Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
ITAD upgraded its look and is a pain in the neck to navigate now. It looks sleeker in things but it very, very hard to see the bundle and normal history for games.

I do have a few last Steam Fest demo impressions. These were mainly visual novels and some other games I missed. Honestly my favorite game of the lot was MILF's Plaza. It's pretty much just an 18+ game with ladies and you are a delinquent and must do tasks and complete things to get to know people. I had a lot of fun with this one. Love X Crotch X GYM was also a decent 18+ dating sim about managing a gym. Slyders was a decent Serious Sam like rogue lite, which was very simple in way, but fun enough. Also Until Then probably had some of the best pixel art of any game I played during the fest, and I will likely get it on release, but it's pretty much a slice of life game where you play a slacker loser guy in school. It was fun enough but the characters are not all likable. Very, very beautiful pixel graphics and background and all. Enough for me to recommend it and likely get it on release.

Love X Crotch X GYM – 10 minutes. This one is a dating sim style 18+ game where you play a guy watching the gym. You meet 3 girls who you can get to know, romance and also have to upkeep yourself and the gym while training them as well in exercises and such. Honestly it had OK enough writing, quite nice character graphics, a decent UI with an easy-to-understand system (not always in these dating sims), and had nice little animations/transitions/other graphics that were quite nice. Overall, I like these games enough as a little filler between other games. Most of these types of games take a few hours to beat and if they have a story like this one, they get my pass. 7.5/10

MILF's Plaza – Completed demo. This one is a dating simulator with the catch that you are kind of a hoodlum and you’re trying to make it up by doing good things, but you can’t stop keeping your old ways like stealing and dealing drugs. Honestly, it’s very grindy, but there is a story and it is pretty fun overall. I also like seeing the guy’s redemption story. Also the graphics are decently nice. 8/10

Mouthwashing – 7 minutes. This one is a cross between a narrative game and it looks like a horror mystery game. I really love the old school graphics (feel like more polished original Half Life looking graphics), the sound design is excellent, and I’m sure the story goes somewhere. I did play a pretty creepy part about creeping around and Bolle (the horse mascot) was creeping up on me. Overall, I think this looks like a prime bundle game, but it is not my type of game at all. 6.5/10

Order Us – 7 minutes completed demo. This one is a pretty bare bones VN about an owner and 2 of his employees. You can guess stuff happens to them, and they work in an old school diner. This one has decent art and lots of those animated visuals. 6/10

Silkbulb test – 4 minutes. This one is one of those creepy psychological games. My whole 4 minutes, which felt way longer, was spent saying yes or no to things in a creepy black room. Of course, things get creepier as it goes on. It gets higher points for having a weird atmosphere, but this test went on way too long. Also, not a fan of these type of games. 5/10

Sky of Tides – 10 minutes. This one is a sc-fi adventure game about a girl who has wanted to get out for a while. She doesn’t get along well with her grandpa, and is trying to get a new life for herself. In this game you go around finding things in a pretty open area and also investigate for things when needed. Overall, the graphics are decent enough, the voice acting is good, the story and characters seem interesting, the controls and such are clunky, but there is a lot of potential here. I wouldn’t mind this very cheap or in a bundle. 6.5/10

Slay the Dragon! The Fire-Breathing Tyrant Meets Her Match! – 9 minutes completed demo. This one is a visual novel about a dragon girl who is looking down on you and picking on you. Pretty much you’re a lifeguard and work around monster girls. You catch the eye of said dragon girl and you can decide to succumb to her or to overpower her. This is very, very simple and will be short on release. Not really my type of story although the art for characters was decent. 5.5/10

Slyders – 11 minutes. This one is a Serious Sam like rogue lite game where you play some lizard looking dude (looks like Mondo Gecko of TMNT fame) and you shoot a bunch of things and level up yourself in an open arena trying to get strong and get some perks. Honestly, it’s relatively solid and feels pretty clean. I don’t know if it’s something I’m clamoring more for after one failed run, but I would get it very cheap or in a bundle. It’s pretty much another Vampire Survivor like but in an FPS realm instead. I do like you build up to power ups (guns akimbo, rockets launchers, etc…), but I wish you could save them instead for the boss fights. 7/10

Small Town Emo – 2 minutes. This one is a narrative game with a Gameboy aesthetic including the bloopy music. Honestly this felt like an Emily is Away type game with a worse interface (don’t use a controller since this requires scrolling and it scrolls very slowly). Also, I’m not that interested in a story about I believe a high school boy coming out who is emo. It’s decent enough for a bundle, but I wasn’t interested in the fake texts with the misspelled words and all. They should just make this a narrative type game like Emily is Away instead of this I’m assuming Pokémon like world. 5/10

The Sun Shines Over Us – 6 minutes. This one is an Indonesian visual novel about a girl in a new school who is very shy and has panic attacks. The art for the characters is excellent and the backgrounds are nice. The music is fine enough. I believe this one has this main girl being bullied in her new school, and you go through her experiences with that. It won an award as well. This seems pretty high quality and something more I’d like to read than about high school romance for the millionth time. I would get this one cheaper or in a bundle. 7/10

Until Then – 28 minutes. This one is a quite beautifully animated narrative adventure about a quite loser guy if I must say so myself who is in high school. He is a slacker and does stuff at the last minute. He has a friend and must do quick slides in the morning for a book report. Honestly this one feels a little more style over substance. Not much really happens and supposedly old memories start reoccurring and a mystery happens. In the very beginning it talks about losing a girl in one day. Something tells me more people will disappear and stuff will happen. Honestly there is a lot to like about the game, even though like Harold Halibut, the art is beautiful, but the characters and story going on aren’t interesting me much. My game got stuck when I couldn’t uninteract with a bulletin board (at the school don’t interact with it right now). I think this will have something though, and if it doesn’t it has beautiful art at least. 7/10

ITAD upgraded its look and is a pain in the neck to navigate now. It looks sleeker in things but it very, very hard to see the bundle and normal history for games.

I do have a few last Steam Fest demo impressions. These were mainly visual novels and some other games I missed. Honestly my favorite game of the lot was MILF's Plaza. It's pretty much just an 18+ game with ladies and you are a delinquent and must do tasks and complete things to get to know people. I had a lot of fun with this one. Love X Crotch X GYM was also a decent 18+ dating sim about managing a gym. Slyders was a decent Serious Sam like rogue lite, which was very simple in way, but fun enough. Also Until Then probably had some of the best pixel art of any game I played during the fest, and I will likely get it on release, but it's pretty much a slice of life game where you play a slacker loser guy in school. It was fun enough but the characters are not all likable. Very, very beautiful pixel graphics and background and all. Enough for me to recommend it and likely get it on release.

Love X Crotch X GYM – 10 minutes. This one is a dating sim style 18+ game where you play a guy watching the gym. You meet 3 girls who you can get to know, romance and also have to upkeep yourself and the gym while training them as well in exercises and such. Honestly it had OK enough writing, quite nice character graphics, a decent UI with an easy-to-understand system (not always in these dating sims), and had nice little animations/transitions/other graphics that were quite nice. Overall, I like these games enough as a little filler between other games. Most of these types of games take a few hours to beat and if they have a story like this one, they get my pass. 7.5/10

MILF's Plaza – Completed demo. This one is a dating simulator with the catch that you are kind of a hoodlum and you’re trying to make it up by doing good things, but you can’t stop keeping your old ways like stealing and dealing drugs. Honestly, it’s very grindy, but there is a story and it is pretty fun overall. I also like seeing the guy’s redemption story. Also the graphics are decently nice. 8/10

Mouthwashing – 7 minutes. This one is a cross between a narrative game and it looks like a horror mystery game. I really love the old school graphics (feel like more polished original Half Life looking graphics), the sound design is excellent, and I’m sure the story goes somewhere. I did play a pretty creepy part about creeping around and Bolle (the horse mascot) was creeping up on me. Overall, I think this looks like a prime bundle game, but it is not my type of game at all. 6.5/10

Order Us – 7 minutes completed demo. This one is a pretty bare bones VN about an owner and 2 of his employees. You can guess stuff happens to them, and they work in an old school diner. This one has decent art and lots of those animated visuals. 6/10

Silkbulb test – 4 minutes. This one is one of those creepy psychological games. My whole 4 minutes, which felt way longer, was spent saying yes or no to things in a creepy black room. Of course, things get creepier as it goes on. It gets higher points for having a weird atmosphere, but this test went on way too long. Also, not a fan of these type of games. 5/10

Sky of Tides – 10 minutes. This one is a sc-fi adventure game about a girl who has wanted to get out for a while. She doesn’t get along well with her grandpa, and is trying to get a new life for herself. In this game you go around finding things in a pretty open area and also investigate for things when needed. Overall, the graphics are decent enough, the voice acting is good, the story and characters seem interesting, the controls and such are clunky, but there is a lot of potential here. I wouldn’t mind this very cheap or in a bundle. 6.5/10

Slay the Dragon! The Fire-Breathing Tyrant Meets Her Match! – 9 minutes completed demo. This one is a visual novel about a dragon girl who is looking down on you and picking on you. Pretty much you’re a lifeguard and work around monster girls. You catch the eye of said dragon girl and you can decide to succumb to her or to overpower her. This is very, very simple and will be short on release. Not really my type of story although the art for characters was decent. 5.5/10

Slyders – 11 minutes. This one is a Serious Sam like rogue lite game where you play some lizard looking dude (looks like Mondo Gecko of TMNT fame) and you shoot a bunch of things and level up yourself in an open arena trying to get strong and get some perks. Honestly, it’s relatively solid and feels pretty clean. I don’t know if it’s something I’m clamoring more for after one failed run, but I would get it very cheap or in a bundle. It’s pretty much another Vampire Survivor like but in an FPS realm instead. I do like you build up to power ups (guns akimbo, rockets launchers, etc…), but I wish you could save them instead for the boss fights. 7/10

Small Town Emo – 2 minutes. This one is a narrative game with a Gameboy aesthetic including the bloopy music. Honestly this felt like an Emily is Away type game with a worse interface (don’t use a controller since this requires scrolling and it scrolls very slowly). Also, I’m not that interested in a story about I believe a high school boy coming out who is emo. It’s decent enough for a bundle, but I wasn’t interested in the fake texts with the misspelled words and all. They should just make this a narrative type game like Emily is Away instead of this I’m assuming Pokémon like world. 5/10

The Sun Shines Over Us – 6 minutes. This one is an Indonesian visual novel about a girl in a new school who is very shy and has panic attacks. The art for the characters is excellent and the backgrounds are nice. The music is fine enough. I believe this one has this main girl being bullied in her new school, and you go through her experiences with that. It won an award as well. This seems pretty high quality and something more I’d like to read than about high school romance for the millionth time. I would get this one cheaper or in a bundle. 7/10

Until Then – 28 minutes. This one is a quite beautifully animated narrative adventure about a quite loser guy if I must say so myself who is in high school. He is a slacker and does stuff at the last minute. He has a friend and must do quick slides in the morning for a book report. Honestly this one feels a little more style over substance. Not much really happens and supposedly old memories start reoccurring and a mystery happens. In the very beginning it talks about losing a girl in one day. Something tells me more people will disappear and stuff will happen. Honestly there is a lot to like about the game, even though like Harold Halibut, the art is beautiful, but the characters and story going on aren’t interesting me much. My game got stuck when I couldn’t uninteract with a bulletin board (at the school don’t interact with it right now). I think this will have something though, and if it doesn’t it has beautiful art at least. 7/10
ITAD's new upgrade also broke any link that I've tried (people use them on steamgifts), and augmented steam support lol. Amazing upgrade

I hate this new CAG website... it tells me in my notifications that the thread hasn't updated since Friday.. but that's clearly not true. But if I go to Cheapy's thread he'll just respond with some jerk comment... very frustrating.

Almost as bad as ITAD taking their website down during major sales or events... or even just over the weekend.

1e7ea3ab9189f01520c091d239163944.gif

lando-calrissian-this-deal-is-getting-worse-all-the-time.gif

I hate this new CAG website... it tells me in my notifications that the thread hasn't updated since Friday.. but that's clearly not true. But if I go to Cheapy's thread he'll just respond with some jerk comment... very frustrating.

Almost as bad as ITAD taking their website down during major sales or events... or even just over the weekend.
The notifications are definitely buggy on the new site. Currently I follow 4 threads (Steam, Xbox, PS, Nintendo store deals). The Nintendo one is the only one not getting any updates for over a week now and that is not a bug. Just no activity there. Occasionally the Steam thread will stop getting notifications for me unless I click on it again.

Overall the new site is fine in my opinion. There was nothing really wrong with the old site though either. I have been active on several forums over the past 25 years and there are always changes like this. I am surprised how long this site stayed pretty static over the 17 years I was a member. That has to be the longest run I have seen before significant changes and I really have to applaud Cheapy for keeping the forum in tact like that for so long.

For me getting my MS Rewards account suspended back around the same time this forum changed over was a big change for me. I no longer can participate in the extra savings which has reduced my interest in XBox purchases as well as deal hunting in general. I still come here to see what is being discussed since I have become familiar with several of the users who still post here frequently.

Nice to see some familiar faces still here. I've been getting back into PC gaming lately. 👋

I was gonna grab Need for Speed Heat on that Steam sale, but it seems in the forums people are having problems getting it to even launch. Guess I won't buy it after all. So cheap, though.

From reading forums: sounds like gamers might just need to reinstall or update EA Desktop App junk on their own:
-> https://steamcommunity.com/app/1222680/discussions/0/4206993868015499714/

This is nothing new w/ games requiring their own crummy 1st party OG launchers when buying games from 3rd party services. It's namely what you get, when you don't buy OG version with only its own launcher these days.

I always recommend when buying a game on Steam that also has other original-app requirements (Xbox PC App, EA App, UbiSoft Connect, etc)...
...To do these steps:
1. Always install (if need be, for a 1st time) and do updates on OG launcher first, so let it do its necessary updates.
Sometimes Steam-versions of a game ain't up-to-date on bundling the actual other service all updates itself in its pre-requisite files (that's usually the biggest problem here - and these PITA launchers update all the damn time). In this case, install and update EA Desktop App first.
2. Just run OG launcher in the background outside of Steam also. In this case, most EA games now use EA App normally that have been released since BF3 - so this would include NFS Heat needing EA Desktop App....so just boot EA Desktop App. It's usually how you "trick" a game that its service is already running in the background b/c that's normally what it's looking for, in case it can't or won't boot it within Steam.
3. Boot Steam up.
4. Boot the game up.

This method works almost every time - only provided you're just having an OG-Launcher problem and there ain't some other issues w/ the game.

I have NFS: Heat on EA Desktop App, but not Steam. I normally try to avoid double-launchers b/c of these 2 hoops-to-jump-through non-sense, which has always been a problem w/ these games - unless a sale's say super-cheap on it elsewhere.

I had that problem w/ Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands on Steam long ago (back when UPlay was a thing, since it requires that); RDR2 on Epic (which needs OG launcher of Rockstar Launcher junk); and ME Legendary on Steam (which requires OG launcher of the EA App junk). Pain in the butt, sure - but, this method usually works most of the time, if it's just a stupid OG-launcher problem and not something else.

EDIT - Just tried running NFS: Heat [EA Desktop App version only] no problem here on my PC - i7 10700KF, 16gb RAM, RTX 3070, W10 at all Ultra here. Had some weird issues where it straight-up locks to 30fps when in full-screen, but works fine at 60fps with Borderless. Probably some of the usual double-launcher whammy problems on Steam-version is why some gamers can't get it going there, I'd guess. [shrug]

Last edited:
Driftland: The Magic Revival is free on fanatical

And Dead Island Riptide Definitive Edition is free on steam

Last edited:
From reading forums: sounds like gamers might just need to reinstall or update EA Desktop App junk on their own:
-> https://steamcommunity.com/app/1222680/discussions/0/4206993868015499714/

This is nothing new w/ games requiring their own crummy 1st party OG launchers when buying games from 3rd party services. It's namely what you get, when you don't buy OG version with only its own launcher these days.

I always recommend when buying a game on Steam that also has other original-app requirements (Xbox PC App, EA App, UbiSoft Connect, etc)...
...To do these steps:
1. Always install (if need be, for a 1st time) and do updates on OG launcher first, so let it do its necessary updates.
Sometimes Steam-versions of a game ain't up-to-date on bundling the actual other service all updates itself in its pre-requisite files (that's usually the biggest problem here - and these PITA launchers update all the damn time). In this case, install and update EA Desktop App first.
2. Just run OG launcher in the background outside of Steam. In this case, most EA games now use EA App normally that have been released since BF3 - so this would include NFS Heat needing EA Desktop App....so boot EA Desktop App. It's usually how you trick a game that its service is already running in the background b/c that's normally what it's looking for.
3. Boot Steam up.
4. Boot the game.

This method works almost every time - only provided you're just having an OG-Launcher problem and there ain't some other issues w/ the game.

I have NFS: Heat on EA Desktop App, but not Steam. I normally try to avoid double-launchers b/c of these 2 hoops-to-jump-through non-sense, which has always been a problem w/ these games - unless a sale's say super-cheap on it elsewhere.

I had that problem w/ Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands on Steam long ago (back when UPlay was a thing, since it requires that); RDR2 on Epic (which needs OG launcher of Rockstar Launcher junk); and ME Legendary on Steam (which requires OG launcher of the EA App junk). Pain in the butt, sure - but, this method usually works most of the time, if it's just a stupid OG-launcher problem and not something else.

EDIT - Just tried running NFS: Heat [EA Desktop App version only] no problem here on my PC - i7 10700KF, 16gb RAM, RTX 3070, W10 at all Ultra here. Had some weird issues where it straight-up locks to 30fps when in full-screen, but works fine at 60fps with Borderless. Probably some of the usual double-launcher whammy problems on Steam-version, I'd guess. [shrug]
Thanks, I'll buy it tonight. First I'll install EA app and make sure it's up to date.

It worked fine, no issues. The game was the same price on the EA app but I wanted to get it on Steam anyway, so I did. I was able to play in full screen and it wasn't dropping FPS. I had one crash after about 70 minutes.

Anyone know why I would have Assassin's Creed Unity in my EA library? Was there a giveaway? I don't recall buying it on EA, I did buy a code for it on Uplay. I was surprised that I had Jedi Fallen Order on there too, but I think that came from a Prime Gaming giveaway that I forgot about.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll buy it tonight. First I'll install EA app and make sure it's up to date.

It worked fine, no issues. The game was the same price on the EA app but I wanted to get it on Steam anyway, so I did. I was able to play in full screen and it wasn't dropping FPS. I had one crash after about 70 minutes.

Anyone know why I would have Assassin's Creed Unity in my EA library? Was there a giveaway? I don't recall buying it on EA, I did buy a code for it on Uplay. I was surprised that I had Jedi Fallen Order on there too, but I think that came from a Prime Gaming giveaway that I forgot about.

Do you have AC Unity from Uplay/UbiSoft Connect or Epic version of it installed? Or have your Epic Account, EA Account and UbiSoft Connect accounts all linked together?

If you have EA App/EA Origin games - it's known since the Origin era, their app system scans and checks your system for their own games & probably other games they have there (like UbiSoft) and might actually add them to their own app/service. They (EA) are in bed with UbiSoft (they did sell some of their games in the EA Desktop App before on their Origin store before - not sure they still do, but probably still do, I'd guess).

Also, they even have a Support section on Ubi games on Origin; see this -> https://help.ea.com/en/help/ea/ea-app/play-ubisoft-games-with-ea/

EDIT 2 = AC Unity was given away before on Ubi's store -> https://www.epicbundle.com/game-for-free-assassins-creed-unity/

EDIT 1 = Thanks for mentioning Jedi Fallen Order. I need to get back to that. But, yeah - that was an Amazon Prime Giveaway.
Link -> https://gamerant.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-free-amazon-prime-gaming-january-2022/

Last edited:
Tomb Raider 1-3 Remastered.

INTRO.
Regardless, guess what I luckily won in a contest?
;)
Yeah, you guessed it: TR1-3 Remastered for Steam!!! Shout-out to CheapyD here, for the giveaway. I'm so stoked - and glad I was stoked for this too. Yeah, it's a bit flawed, as I do have a few minor issues with it - but I'm still so far loving TR1 RM here, so far.

THE CONTENT REMAINS...WITH A WARNING.
About dev's and/or pub's deciding on whether content alterations on old titles or a warning with content uncharged b/c some content might be questionable in a modern era: I'd rather Crystal Dynamics put their little message in there, whine about it & state their own values than say the actual game actually be altered from its OG form. Disney did the same thing w/ their old-stuff w/ the new disclaimer on their re-releases on digital services of classic films - and IMHO, it's fine and whatever to me. It's not like their message lasts long on the screen anyways here - and I'm glad this classic stuff is being preserved, as it was from back in the day.

THOUGHTS SO FAR.
So, I'm tackling TR1 Remastered so far here. My biggest complaint here: trying to switch b/t old-school Tank Controls & Modern Controls. You have to go into Inventory, then Game's Options Menus, Control Menu, and then in there yo can switch b/t them - there's too much here to jump through here, IMHO...just to switch control styles. I'd really like to see them patch-in a switch on-the-fly while playing, as I feel I can easily line-up Lara better for precise-climbing and precision-like stuff w/ Tank Controls...even though doing long running & jumping and combat's way better & easier w/ the newer Modern Controls (think like CD's control-style since TR: Legend). Honestly, that's my only real complaint here, as a button to switch on-the-fly b/t the Two Control Styles would likely solve that problem of mine here.

Another minor complaint - ugh, the camera can be so janky and move in bad spots, making it hard to aim, see, and/or do anything worthwhile at times. Always been a problem in old TR's - and well, it can be a problem here, too. Probably not something easy for them (those doing the Remaster) to fix, I'd guess...even with the Source Code.

You can switch on-the-fly seamlessly while playing b/t Old Graphics and New Graphics - for the New Graphics here, this looks great here, IMHO; think like say an Xbox 1 era to X360 version of Lara TR1-3 Remastered game here. I did notice, the new graphics has better & more realistic type of lighting (and is much darker in tone, mostly) - meanwhile the OG graphics look old, pixelated & much brighter. I really hope we get TR4, TR: Revelations, and especially TR: Angel of Darkness Remastered in THIS style, at some point; this needs to be done, IMHO.

I love that there's an "Exclamation Mark" to identify what you can interact with. This helps a lot, especially if you just want to know what you can and can't pick-up or interact with (like levers, boxes to move, etc). You can turn this on & off in the Game Options menu, if you want it or don't want it; it's on you.

Also, this Steam-version DOES work w/out Steam running in the background, which is great! I likely won't have to rebuy it from GOG later, if not need be. Good job, Aspyr (they published this Remastered Collection). And let's hope they tackle TR4, TR: Revelations, and TR: AoD with this type of Remaster. Loving TR1 RM so far....and I have a feeling, the same will probably go for TR2 RM & TR3 RM.

More to come later.

Last edited:
I hear Ubisoft came out with not a AAA game but a AAAA game.... Hoooooollllieeeeee Shhhiiiiiiittttt!! Must be good, right?

It's called Skulls & Boners, anyone play the beta yet? Any thoughts?

It was better than I thought it would be. It is a naval sim-lite with bad and corny dialog, pointless landing/running around towns, ok combat and silly mini games to gather resources. Its a pirate themed division type live service game. Doubt its worth $60-100, maybe $20 on sale with what some are saying content wise.

Almost everyone says go play AC Blackflag or whatever other ones had sailing in them if you haven't played them.

It was better than I thought it would be. It is a naval sim-lite with bad and corny dialog, pointless landing/running around towns, ok combat and silly mini games to gather resources. Its a pirate themed division type live service game. Doubt its worth $60-100, maybe $20 on sale with what some are saying content wise.

Almost everyone says go play AC Blackflag or whatever other ones had sailing in them if you haven't played them.
Yeah, I've been wanting to just power up my save of Black Flag again just to sail around destroying crap. Never got a chance to play Rogue, but that has the same mechanics (I think.)

Yeah, I've been wanting to just power up my save of Black Flag again just to sail around destroying crap. Never got a chance to play Rogue, but that has the same mechanics (I think.)

About Rogue's gameplay: yup, it's AC4 from the Templars side basically.

I do need to go finish it myself.

Is it a rare Hot Wheels car?
Still got it? Still in its original box?
Did you call Rick Harrison? Did he decide to ask an Expert about it?

You can buy it for a couple bucks on ebay.
Yes, I still have it somewhere. I received it outside of the original packaging, so no.
ididn’tunderstandthatreference.gif

I went there at some point too, but I expected them to not be there since they got so popular. I mostly stopped because they're just not good people (Corey and Chum for sure)

I was super addicted to Pawn Stars a decade ago so when I went to Vegas in the summer of 2014 I made a point of going to the shop. After seeing how pitiful the actual shop is and realizing how the show was even more completely staged than I'd expected, I basically never watched it again.
They say to never meet your heroes.

@MysterD I don't have Unity installed. I dont think my ubisoft, ea and epic accounts are linked together.

I watched the Digital Foundry review of Tomb Raider 1-3 remaster, I was impressed. They spruced it up more than I expected. I went from having no interest to a little bit of interest.

I met them around 2009ish. Maybe just after that. I had to stay up in a hotel near the Stratosphere for about 2 months.. it was... the most boringly epic time ever... so I'd go to the store and this was just as the Pawn Stars thing hit like Season 1-2. But soon after it became more of a tourist trap than an actual pawn shop and last time I went in like 2012-2013 it was basically all stuff selling the shows BS. I mean occasionally I found something interesting but I never found stuff there I wanted to buy.

It's along the veins of Storage Wars and one of the reasons I stopped watching shows like that... it was all fluff, no content.

Hardcore Pawn is the one where the people in the show still work at the store. Still staged though. Pawn Stars is good entertainment as a show but that's all it'll ever be

I stopped getting all the new emoticons and stuff on steam when I realized you're stuck with them forever.
Ok... don't make them marketable or tradable and don't allow turning them into gems, but let us delete ones we don't want.

Sure, inventory space is unlimited, but the more stuff in inventory the slower it seems to load, especially with something like steam economy enhancer where it's checking prices. Or maybe it's just my crappy computer being slow.

I didn't even know they had these animated avatar borders, the one I got from the lunar new year sale is awesome. Really glad I got that. I somehow missed one of the daily stickers from that sale though.

Got these free ones, thanks @nitrosmob

Been playing a ton of Enshrouded this week and the game is great, but can be broken fairly easily due to exploitative nature of how their chests work. Had I known I could sprint for a gold chest at level 1 to gain endgame gear, I would have in a heartbeat. Still did it at midgame but the game is still fun for just how massive the world is; probably on scale with Skyrim for size. Glad they have plans to release on Xbox because I could see this getting more attention on Game Pass as well.

That said, Nightingale was something that looked pretty good but after seeing previews I'm kinda knocked out of it. Maybe it's the FPS perspective but the worlds looked kinda empty and throwaway. I'm getting the sense that these games with rogue-lite dungeons are just too boring for me compared to well-crafted open world experiences.

Been playing a ton of Enshrouded this week and the game is great, but can be broken fairly easily due to exploitative nature of how their chests work. Had I known I could sprint for a gold chest at level 1 to gain endgame gear, I would have in a heartbeat. Still did it at midgame but the game is still fun for just how massive the world is; probably on scale with Skyrim for size. Glad they have plans to release on Xbox because I could see this getting more attention on Game Pass as well.

That said, Nightingale was something that looked pretty good but after seeing previews I'm kinda knocked out of it. Maybe it's the FPS perspective but the worlds looked kinda empty and throwaway. I'm getting the sense that these games with rogue-lite dungeons are just too boring for me compared to well-crafted open world experiences.

I wasn't too impressed by the Nightingale beta test, that lasted all of like 6 hours or so a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
I saw the PoP bundle yesterday and was very tempted by it. I remember all of the games being quite good.

Sands of Time is legendary, Warrior Within was decent and Two Thrones was pretty good. A solid trilogy overall.

PoP 2008 was...okay'ish from what I remember. But just know that the PC version of the game never got the epilogue DLC the console versions got, so it's technically an incomplete game. Some people argue it's better without the epilogue, but I wouldn't know as I've only played the PC version.

Forgotten Sands is the only one I haven't played so I can't comment on that.

Forgotten Sands is good, but not great.

I loved PoP 2008 [base-game/PC version] and wish we got the Epilogue DLC ported here. Meh.

EDIT - Since we're on games missing DLC's in PC version: I'd love to see TR Underworld's DLC's and SR2's DLC's get ported here, one day.

bread's done
Back