Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Might have bought Papers, Please for the charity feel-goods but so it goes.

That G2A.com joint has Watch Dogs for $33.33 pre-order versus the $60 on Ubi's store. No idea how legit the site is but the charity thing seems to give them a little credibility I guess.
They are legit unauthorized reseller.

Papers Please sold out months ago.

That's a lovely price for Watch Dogs, but it's not Steam so no buy. I'm not confident in pre-ordering this game anyway, waiting to see how it turns out. Definitely interested in it though.

That's a lovely price for Watch Dogs, but it's not Steam so no buy. I'm not confident in pre-ordering this game anyway, waiting to see how it turns out. Definitely interested in it though.
I'm in for Watch Dogs but that's partially because I'm from the Chicago 'burbs so I need to play games set in the city and bitch about how they get it wrong. I'm looking at you, Hitman: Absolution :whistle2:x It's a tradition that started with Midtown Madness.

Putting aside all the bundle-fodder/DLC/backlogging talk, Tropico is really a great series. I know I've sunk at least a good 40-50 hours on Tropico 3 and another 80-90 on 4. I actually prefer 3, I felt 4 was a little too easy mode (with importing raw materials) and 3 had the better soundtrack. It's by far my favorite city-builder/manager game, and I'm seriously considering pre-ordering 5 (#fakecag), since you can find em for under $15 in the trade thread. If it reaches the Omerta bonus I'll definitely bite, since I've been eyeing that too but there hasn't been a good sale on that. 

You had me until you questioned, "Pre-order Tropico 5?"

Also - who the heck would even question about pre-order Tropico 5 in the first place?
Don't interpret me beating my chest in front of a developer in order to make a point for a reality in which I have any plans whatsoever of pre-ordering Tropico 5.

I'm really only interested in one or two more random Tropico 4 DLC, but at this point I'll just wait for the collector's bundle to get bundled.
million dollar question: But will Steam let you activate it on your account if you already own the base game?

Why are you all so obsessed with getting all the DLC for a game you'll never even play?
You are wrong, I will play it. While I'm busy not buying Tropico 5 until it's the collector's edition and dirt-cheap.

Putting aside all the bundle-fodder/DLC/backlogging talk, Tropico is really a great series. I know I've sunk at least a good 40-50 hours on Tropico 3 and another 80-90 on 4. I actually prefer 3, I felt 4 was a little too easy mode (with importing raw materials) and 3 had the better soundtrack. It's by far my favorite city-builder/manager game, and I'm seriously considering pre-ordering 5 (#fakecag), since you can find em for under $15 in the trade thread. If it reaches the Omerta bonus I'll definitely bite, since I've been eyeing that too but there hasn't been a good sale on that.
Just fired up the original Tropico the other day. Holds up surprisingly well, and has a very authentic feel I didn't get while playing 3 or 4.

It also runs on this netbook, which is a major advantage when compared to the rest of my backlog.

In loving memory of MINDLINK, here are some dope tunes and a gif of Jordan dunking from the free-throw line.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVF90fP9sxs[/youtube]

se32Aty.gif

inb4 "this isn't reddit!"
what happened to Mind__Link?

I bought Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle from steam last year when I thought it was the complete collection, then they released a few more DLC and I bought the ones I was missing when they went on a sale.

Two weeks ago, they added the remaining DLC to the very same Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle that I had bought. They didn't even bother to create a new bundle with the added DLC, a nice gesture for those that didn't care about the missing DLC from their Collector's Bundle but a slap in the face for the customers who bought them. Well played, Kalypso!
That's pretty cool of them, actually. Surprised it's already $6 despite all the DLC being added recently. Bodes well for a future bundling.

I don't disagree with Square Enix. I think PC gaming and PC game deals wouldn't be anywhere near as popular as they are today without Steam. I think they should've said Steam is essential for the future though, not just DRM..
Yes, I agree too. I was trying to wake MD...

I'm in for Watch Dogs but that's partially because I'm from the Chicago 'burbs so I need to play games set in the city and bitch about how they get it wrong. I'm looking at you, Hitman: Absolution :whistle2:x It's a tradition that started with Midtown Madness.
Don't forget Deus Ex2. The game opened in Chicago, shortly before it got enveloped in grey goo (nanites).

Square Enix makes a lot of money on Steam, in which Steam also has DRM capabilities if dev's and pub's want to use it. Just like many other game companies, especially those who once did only console games - they are FINALLY figuring out that there's money to be made on the PC.

But, what Square Enix fails to mention - is that Steamworks is more than a set of DRM. It comes w/ tons of features - screenshot taking; time-tracking; Big Picture Mode; built-in game back-up tool; automatic updating; Friends List; Steam Forums; Steam Achievements; Steam Cloud Saving; and the list goes on + on. Most services and client-programs are NOWHERE even in the league of offering up the number of features + the community that Steam has - which is also one reason people who ain't super-fond of Steam still tolerate it. Besides that, people tolerate Steamworks DRM b/c it don't often do foolish things that StarForces, Tages, Securom, and other DRM's do; b/c a game they really want is only on Steam; they want to keep their library gaming locked into one service (often Steam); gamers want want to keep a majority of it on Steam (let's be real, some games you might want just won't be on Steam - like many of EA's recent stuff is locked into Origin, for example); and/or any other reason you can think of.

I think if Square's so worried about DRM, they can just keep doing what they've been - putting their games on Steam and using CEG. Let's face it - piracy sucks and companies are going to attach whatever DRM they want to keep the hackers away and at bay, even if it's just for a short time period; anything so that they can get people to be forced to buy the game - especially when it's at it's highest pricing and ASAP. If Square really wants to treat games like a service - they can constantly update their game; and maybe pirates will get tired of trying to keep their DRM-less version up-to-date....and again, Square can force gamers to have the mind-set "Must go buy the game to get the best version." Does anybody really have an out-of-date and not the best version of the game? I doubt that - we're gamers, and we want the best version out there.

If Square feels so inclined, after they've made tons of money of a said game, game gets old, game's not getting any more official patches, game's not getting any more $DLC's, and/or game's often on sale at Bargain Bin pricing - they can remove CEG from Steam-version...just in case crap ever hits the fan w/ Steam and Valve. Another thing they could do port the game to GoG in its DRM-FREE state. This way - that hardcore GoG club can finally buy the game, if they been holding off for a DRM-FREE version.

I also do wonder if SE did release first on Steam, then release later on GOG - how many people would double-dip on the game, to have a Steam-version AND GOG-version.

I hear you.

I've still not forgiven Euro Truck Simulator 2 for it's gross misrepresentation of Hull.

Just because I don't have a friendlist doesn't mean I don't have money.
Untitledfds.jpg

I guess I should add this is a still from Stand Up! a 2003 jdrama about four high school friends (virgin boys) trying to lose their virginity during the summer of senior year. Excellent drama and a great cast.

Untitledfds.jpg

I guess I should add this is a still from Stand Up! a 2003 jdrama about four high school friends (virgin boys) trying to lose their virginity during the summer of senior year. Excellent drama and a great cast.
I loved this drama. Also love all of those guys :D For a while, I watched everything with Oguri Shun in it :3 And Yamapi.

Yeah.. I'm torn. $1 is what I'm willing to pay for it, but seems like this is a clear bundle incoming sign. Surely HB due to it's profile and presence on the HB Store. That said it might be a terrible value in a bundle... aargh.
but it has 8 card drops

worth 0.56

If you're looking for a nice wireless hassle-free controller, the Logitech F710 is on sale at Frys and Amazon for $30 (lowest price ever by $5, afik)

It supports Xinput (360) and DirectInput (for games pre-360) with a flip of a switch.  It's the one Steam uses in the BigPicture promo images.

I own the (discontinued) wired version (F510) and it's quite solid with a nice sculpted grip and stiffer sticks and triggers than the DS3.  Stick stiffness is similar to DualShock 2 (PS2).

Edit:  I'd also add it has two neat features... one button swaps the D-Pad and Left-Stick inputs.  Another button controls rumble level (full/mid/weak/off).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041RR0TW/

http://www.frys.com/product/6448982

choose.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back