Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to spoil all the fun, it's probably a port of the mobile version.
Which is a port of the DS version and is probably the best of the three versions of the remake? Not sure how that actually spoils the fun.

In any case, according to Siliconera: "While Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII already had PC ports, Final Fantasy III for PC is a new version of the game." I'm not sure whether they're just trying to use the juxtaposition to say it's the first time a non-current Final Fantasy game is being ported to PC or they mean an honest-to-goodness new version is being developed for the occasion. I guess we'll see.

Mobile ports are basically AIDs to a lot of people here.
pqzgatesj.jpg

I just noticed this, and while I'm not normally very ocd about anything, this makes me really upset.
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23821]

I was going to post this exact thing as a joke MysterD post but then said.. no.. not even you would...but then I guess you proved me wrong.
Too much DLC to go after - that's the problem w/ Borderlands 2.

Season Pass = Four Season Pass Content DLC's + Level-Up DLC.

I'm missing almost every BL2 DLC - so, all four Season Pass content DLC's each would be $8 total + another $2 for the Level Cap DLC. So, that's $10 total here from GameAgent for that stuff.

If Season Pass ($29.99 most places) ever hits 75% off, that'd be $7.49 for everything I listed above. That would be the deal I'm looking for on Season Pass, at the very least.

Yeah, there's also too much DLC to collect here - so, I can wait.

There's also Mechromancer + Psycho DLC class packs, which I'd be interested in.

I ain't in a rush to play more Borderlands 2 content, anyways - especially since the base-game's main campaign + a lot of side stuff all solo took me somewhere in the 50 hour ballpark. MyD's on a BL2 break, for now.

I picked up Psycho and UVH2 packs.  The rest I either had via Season Pass (and got Mechromancer for free) or just don't care much about like the seasonal stuff.  Still, 80% off Psycho and 60% off UVH2 works for me.

i picked up everything except the newer small dlc packs. given the length and overall quality of the dlcs it's well worth it, imho

Here's what I just posted on on SPUF regarding 0% discount on their DLC:

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, this is a big F-you from Kalypso to the people that have previously purchased their games. I own all the Tropico games and all but two of the Tropico 4 DLC... and it'd cost me way more to fill out my collection than it would be for a newcomer to buy the whole collection. 

What you're telling me, Kalypso, is this:

1. Don't buy your games until the complete collection is available and on sale for more than 75% off. 
2. You value new customers more than those that you already have.

Pre-order Topico 5? Hell no.

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, this is a big F-you from Kalypso to the people that have previously purchased their games. I own all the Tropico games and all but two of the Tropico 4 DLC... and it'd cost me way more to fill out my collection than it would be for a newcomer to buy the whole collection.

1. Don't buy your games until the complete collection is available and on sale for more than 75% off.

This is something Bethesda and Zenimax would do, heh.

EDIT:

You had me until you questioned, "Pre-order Tropico 5?"

Also - who the heck would even question about pre-order Tropico 5 in the first place?

CAG's normally don't often pre-order - PERIOD. ;)

We normally wait for price-drops. ;)

Is it finally safe to buy the Tropico 4 collection now that Topico 5 is on the way? Or should I wait a couple more years just to make sure?

well said

fqQnYIW.gif

Yup. I skipped the Bundlestars Bundle with Tropico 4 precisely because I figured getting Tropico 4 on it's own would be worth nothing if I wanted the DLC.

In loving memory of MINDLINK, here are some dope tunes and a gif of Jordan dunking from the free-throw line. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVF90fP9sxs[/youtube]

se32Aty.gif

inb4 "this isn't reddit!"

Tropico DLC is like paradox DLC. Just because they come out with a "complete/gold" bundle doesn't mean they will stop making more DLC.

Also, on the gaming side, finished Brothers yesterday.  Enjoyed it.  Nice looking game.  Gameplay was simple.  Didn't get to me as much as Papo Y Yo or The Walking Dead, not really sure why.  I think the silly gibberish the characters "speak" sort of takes away from it, but I don't recall speaking in Papo Y Yo either, so who knows.  Still, fun game.  Will probably go back and do all the achievements one day.  

Well, tbh, I think with Tropico they hold off until all the DLC is released. I'm pretty sure they're done with the game.

I was thinking of buying all the DLC for my 360 version since it's on sale for 50% off this week (and sales on it are rare on the Xbox front).. but it comes out to something like $27.50.. which just seems ridiculous compared to $6 for a complete version on PC.

Does it go this low in price often? Should I just wait for a bundle?

Well, tbh, I think with Tropico they hold off until all the DLC is released. I'm pretty sure they're done with the game.

I was thinking of buying all the DLC for my 360 version since it's on sale for 50% off this week (and sales on it are rare on the Xbox front).. but it comes out to something like $27.50.. which just seems ridiculous compared to $6 for a complete version on PC.

Does it go this low in price often? Should I just wait for a bundle?
i haven't followed tropico 4's pricing at all, but i feel like i've seen tropico 1-3 in like a gazillion bundles.

so yeah, wait for a bundle. i'm sure once tropico 5 is released tropico 4 will be bundled soon enough.

Why are you all so obsessed with getting all the DLC for a game you'll never even play?

Buying pointless DLC makes you worse than a pre-orderer.

It makes you worse than Snakeybro. Think about that for a second.

Why are you all so obsessed with getting all the DLC for a game you'll never even play?

Because what if one day, 10 years from now, I boot up Tropico 4, fall in love with it, and then can't find the DLC on sale anywhere. I'm a prepper.

Frankly, it felt like they were almost done and said "Oh wait, we gotta make this deep 'n shit. Hey, I know..."
Yeah, there were a lot of things I would have done differently. Mainly the ending and beginning. They sort of set up the game at the beginning to make you expect the ending so then it's really just "when is it going to happen"

Well, to be fair, I did play the 360 version. I wouldn't dump $20+ on DLC for it otherwise. But I'm definitely guilty of grabbing cheap DLC for games I have not touched or pre-purchase them on the cheap for a game I don't even own yet. B-but it's not like I have a p-problem, r-right? :whistle2:

I tend not buy dlc unless I've played the game and enjoy it to the point where I know I'll play the DLC, or if it's a game I know I'll enjoy and it's just a matter of time before I get to it. 

But Tropico 4 dlc? 

Mehhh....

i haven't followed tropico 4's pricing at all, but i feel like i've seen tropico 1-3 in like a gazillion bundles.

so yeah, wait for a bundle. i'm sure once tropico 5 is released tropico 4 will be bundled soon enough.

Tropico Complete has never been bundled, but now that 5 is coming out, I expect it to be bundled at some point.
Thanks for the opinions. $6 is really tempting as I don't own the base version, but you're probably right about it being bundle fodder at some point. In which case, I'll save myself the $20something on the 360 DLC and just wait to get it on PC.

Pro tip for Brothers - you might want to use an achievement guide if you don't want to play through it twice.  

Every achievement, except one, can be gotten pretty quickly after you finish the game - but one requires you to play through about half of the game to get it and you can't just skip to a chapter to do it.  Kind of sucks.  I just got the rest of them.  The achievements are not apparent when you play (though I happened to get some of the less obvious ones my first play through).  I actually wish they would have integrated them into the story as side missions or something.  Would have made the game better IMO.  

The achievos aren't story related either so you won't be spoiling anything or ruining the game if you use an achievement guide.  

Because what if one day, 10 years from now, I boot up Tropico 4, fall in love with it, and then can't find the DLC on sale anywhere. I'm a prepper.
Prepping and Internet Tethered DRM (steam) dont mix very well.

I have been struggling with the concept of 'Off-Grid' Gaming. The best I have come up with is console games on a console, not requiring internet updates. ...or PC Games with pre-downloaded patches on an extra CD.

As for our expansive Steam Collections... I only see not so legitimate means of access. Can you imagine how to play any of our Ubi Drm games w/o internet. It would suck.

Prepping and Internet Tethered DRM (steam) dont mix very well.

I have been struggling with the concept of 'Off-Grid' Gaming. The best I have come up with is console games on a console, not requiring internet updates. ...or PC Games with pre-downloaded patches on an extra CD.

As for our expansive Steam Collections... I only see not so legitimate means of access. Can you imagine how to play any of our Ubi Drm games w/o internet. It would suck.
Valve HQ is my bug out location so no worries there. Sucks for you though.

I bought Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle from steam last year when I thought it was the complete collection, then they released a few more DLC and I bought the ones I was missing when they went on a sale.

Two weeks ago, they added the remaining DLC to the very same Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle that I had bought. They didn't even bother to create a new bundle with the added DLC, a nice gesture for those that didn't care about the missing DLC from their Collector's Bundle but a slap in the face for the customers who bought them. Well played, Kalypso!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back