Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So, where's all the Diablo 3 players at?

Y'all want another expansion?

Blizzard's asking:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-gauging-players-interest-in-another-diablo-3-expansion/1100-6419243/
:p
mNuk5w5.jpg

The DLC costing more to owners of the base game argument is stupid. If you want the game and all the DLC for the cheapest price then just wait for it to go on sale as a whole collection. If you buy the base game early enough in it's life cycle before all the DLC is released you are going to pay more. Deal with it or wait. But incessantly bitching about it and saying it's a Bethesda/Zenimax thing(it's all publishers) isn't going to change it

Been playing sol survivor (for cards). I find it boring... really tried to like the game, but it's too generic, too slow. Going through 22 waves was a real pain. I tried maybe 4 or 5 maps so I know it's too early to quit, but didn't see anything exceptional.

And as usual, screw over the early buyers. Standalone DLC is only 20% off. Game + DLC bundle is 66% off. Glad I got this game glitched for $1.xx

I hate when devs do this.
Don't worry, the dev lowered the discount on the bundle. That makes it totally fair right?

The Don't Starve + Reign of Giants 2-Pack is a better deal. If you share it with someone, it comes down to $4.84 per person and you get the new Reign of Giants DLC as well.
They changed the price. Now the collection and the two-pack are both 53% off making it $6.70 each in the two-pack.

Even though it's probably destined for a Humble, I considered it at <$5 for the game and the DLC, but to jack up the price like that during your sale pisses me off enough that I'm not interested anymore. Greedy dev is greedy.

Greedy dev is greedy.
I really don't think it's a case of Klei being "greedy". The 66% discount was supposed to be applied only to the base game, but was mistakenly applied to the bundles. They fixed it so that the bundle cost is basically the same as buying the base game + the DLC separately, which I think is much fairer to early adopters. The DLC just launched on Steam a little over 3 weeks ago, so it makes a lot more sense that the goal of the current Don't Starve promotion is to get more consumers to try the base game, so they can consider purchasing the DLC (which has been 20% off since launching on Early Access and will continue to be discounted after this daily deal ends).

It sucks that people will only look at the price glitch they could have bought the package for, instead of evaluating the game on its own merits, but there will always be future promotions for those looking for a better sale.

I don't know, I've been seeing a lot of lame sales the last cycle or two especially on new stuff. But I'll push some good karma your way on a nice sale.

There's Black Flag reward (extra costume) if you have three AC games on Uplay with at least one reward in each but I only have Revelations on Uplay in addition to Black Flag. So now I'm bitter. :whistle2:x
I can't find any info on this costume online. Oh wait did you mean the reward is in AC4?

Does anyone know if the Playstation-exclusive 1 hour of content is on PC too?

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't have to purchase the games from Uplay to get that reward. I didn't know about the reward, that's cool.
Well, I own the other AC games on Steam and I'm not about to effectively pay $5 for a DLC (which would be the case if I double-dipped and bought a Uplay key just for this). It's nothing big anyway, just Conner's outfit from AC3 as a wearable get-up for AC4. Looking it up, I guess there's actually three costumes that all fit the same sort of thing (you unlock them by having other AC games on Uplay). Scroll to the end if you care.

Well, I own the other AC games on Steam and I'm not about to effectively pay $5 for a DLC (which would be the case if I double-dipped and bought a Uplay key just for this). It's nothing big anyway, just Conner's outfit from AC3 as a wearable get-up for AC4. Looking it up, I guess there's actually three costumes that all fit the same sort of thing (you unlock them by having other AC games on Uplay). Scroll to the end if you care.
You don't need to own them from Uplay store to get those, you just have to have your games registered in your Uplay account. I have them all and haven't bought any from Ubisoft.

I thought you were talking about a Black Flag outfit in Watch Dogs.

Actually, this whole thing made me look at my Steam library, see the games weren't there, remember that I bought them from Amazon back in 2012, looked up the keys and just now activated them on Uplay :D/

The DLC costing more to owners of the base game argument is stupid. If you want the game and all the DLC for the cheapest price then just wait for it to go on sale as a whole collection. If you buy the base game early enough in it's life cycle before all the DLC is released you are going to pay more. Deal with it or wait. But incessantly bitching about it and saying it's a Bethesda/Zenimax thing(it's all publishers) isn't going to change it
No! No! No! :evil:

I buy games on sale all the time -- well after they have been released. How are you to know if they are finished releasing DLC? There are multiple times that publishers have released "Gold" or "Platinum" or even "Complete" packages... only to release more DLC. What about a game where you have no idea they were going to release any DLC at all?

Pricing DLC comparative to package offerings is just good customer service. The opposite of that is bad customer service, which is what this is.

No matter how you slice it, selling discounted complete packages to new adopters while holding up those who already own your base game just stinks. You're sending a strong message to your customer base -- don't buy our next game.

I can't find any info on this costume online. Oh wait did you mean the reward is in AC4?

Does anyone know if the Playstation-exclusive 1 hour of content is on PC too?
You mean this? -> Aveline Pack: 60 minutes of additional gameplay featuring Aveline de Grandpré from Assassin's Creed III Liberation; Unlockable Aveline ship figurehead

It's only in the Gold Edition, annoyingly enough, which has a MSRP of $80.

Less than 6 hours to reserve your copy of Battlepillars:

http://wgn.uk.to/redeem/battlepillars/

So please grab it now!

I'll support people after the 6 hours is up, but let's save the hassle and reserve it while it's up :)
It appears that I never Thumbed Up Battlepillars when it was in greenlight. Obviously that disqualifies me from getting a copy though the dev. Would that also disqualify me from getting a copy through you, Carl?

I would understand if it did. I just want to know if I should bother trying to get a copy through you.

If I went to the store and bought on DVD disc-versions that have disc-check DRM for NWN2 base-game early; and then later bought NWN2: Complete - I could then give-away, sell, or trade my original DVD disc-version of NWN2, since it had a simple disc-check. There's no activation DRM online bullcrap or rules here - the disc is the game-key. I bought 2 copies of NWN2 here, more or less (one albeit w/ more content, obviously) - and literally actually have TWO in my hands and gaming Inventory.

Steam doesn't work that way in most cases, w/ it's activation process.

The real problem w/ Steam-required games is this: buy base-game early, buy re-released package later - I don't get extra copy of any content I already owned. Say I bought Skyrim base-game long ago; then say I bought Skyrim: Legendary (Skyrim base-game + ALL DLC). As an owner, I do NOT end-up w/ an extra copy of Skyrim base-game in my Steam Inventory. I've basically paid twice for the same product (one albeit w/ extra content) - and also wasted a bloody key (extra base-game went to waste).

I'd have no problem w/ buying Skyrim: Legendary, if I could do something w/ extra copy of Skyrim base-game - trade, sell, give-away, whatever.

It's not good for a company to sell a game w/ ALL content for LESS than the total that a base-game owner just going to buy ALL DLC's piece-by-piece at once. It's basically telling me to "Wait for Complete Edition." It's bad business practices (towards the consumer). To make matters worse - not all games get Complete Editions, either...for example: ME2, ME3, and DA2 have still NOT gotten Complete Editions.

Also - we do NOT know when companies will STOP with doing re-released packages. Some games have had multiple re-released editions b/c they've had numerous expansions and DLC's - Civ 4 anyone? Civ 5, anyone? NWN2, anyone? Even so-called "Ultimate Boxes" like Burnout Paradise, in the end didn't even have ALL of the DLC content for that game, when all's said in done.

It appears that I never Thumbed Up Battlepillars when it was in greenlight. Obviously that disqualifies me from getting a copy though the dev. Would that also disqualify me from getting a copy through you, Carl?

I would understand if it did. I just want to know if I should bother trying to get a copy through you.
y u do dis

You mean this? -> Aveline Pack: 60 minutes of additional gameplay featuring Aveline de Grandpré from Assassin's Creed III Liberation; Unlockable Aveline ship figurehead

It's only in the Gold Edition, annoyingly enough, which has a MSRP of $80.
No, there was some confusion between Watch Dogs and AC4. I was asking about the additional gameplay in Watch Dogs.

No, there was some confusion between Watch Dogs and AC4. I was asking about the additional gameplay in Watch Dogs.
Ah, okay. To answer that, based on what they did with AC4, and what I'm about to post, yes, it's probably included.

Digital Deluxe Edition

Purchase Watch_Dogs™ Deluxe Edition now and receive the following bonus items:

CLUB JUSTICE PACK
• Rewards: Chicago South Club skin
• Perk: Driving boost: More Hit Points to Vehicles

BREAKTHROUGH Mission:
• 15 minutes additional gameplay
• Reward: VEHICLE EXPERT PERK: Get free vehicles from your Underground Car Contact and earn discounts on select cars.

SIGNATURE SHOT Mission:
• 20 minutes additional gameplay
• Rewards:
- BLACK VICEROYS GANG COLORS OUTFIT
- BIOMETRIC ASSAULT RIFLE

THE PALACE Mission:
• 20 minutes additional gameplay
• Rewards:
- INVESTIGATION BONUS: Unlock more investigation opportunities inside the network databanks.
- ATM HACK BOOST: Boost your cash rewards when hacking bank accounts.

EXCLUSIVE CONTENT:
• 60 min of additional gameplay – 4 exclusive missions

• A unique DedSec White Hat Hacker suit unlocked upon completion of the missions.
• Hacking Boost (Add 1 Battery Slot)
• A deeper knowledge of DedSec, an important faction in the Watch_Dogs universe.

The bolded text is probably the PS3/PS4 bonus.

I was guessing/hoping one of the items listed in the PC Deluxe contents was the Playstation stuff. Cool, I love how PC gets that PS stuff from Ubisoft (Except for AC Brotherhood Copernicus DLC).

*hint *hint *hint

You don't need to actually vote for it, just be part of the group.

It's basically telling me to "Wait for Complete Edition."
Pff. Noob. The proper way is to wait for the next iteration of the game to pick up the previous version during the inevitable marketing period's sales and/or bundle. You don't lose much other than some minor graphical upgrade these days anyway and actually get a more fleshed-out game with more features! Also, you'll be assured there won't be any "more complete than complete" versions (see paradox's games) either.

When I first saw Watch Dogs I thought it looked pretty badass. After that initial excitement I quickly lost interest as what I was seeing didn't live up to that first "gameplay" video that was pretty much an on rails sequence setup to wow people. I'm not saying it won't be any good and I hope it is. I just have 0 excitent at this point for it.

Hopefully The Division doesn't leave me feeling meh once more stuff is shown for it the same as Watch Dogs.

No! No! No! :evil:

I buy games on sale all the time -- well after they have been released. How are you to know if they are finished releasing DLC? There are multiple times that publishers have released "Gold" or "Platinum" or even "Complete" packages... only to release more DLC. What about a game where you have no idea they were going to release any DLC at all?

Pricing DLC comparative to package offerings is just good customer service. The opposite of that is bad customer service, which is what this is.

No matter how you slice it, selling discounted complete packages to new adopters while holding up those who already own your base game just stinks. You're sending a strong message to your customer base -- don't buy our next game.
I dont know about everyone but this is the reason why I will not support any early access from Amplitude anymore. Even though I like the Endless franchise, I'll wait for the sale of the complete/gold edition.

I'm not against on the new adopters getting a good sale but at least let us who supported you're game early get the same reward.

People need to give up their infatuation with DLC.  Nine times out of ten it's worthless or only delivers a couple of hours more content when you've already gotten your fill of the base game.

People need to give up their infatuation with DLC. Nine times out of ten it's worthless or only delivers a couple of hours more content when you've already gotten your fill of the base game.
That's true and I almost never return to a game after the fact to play new DLC (still need to play Burial at Sea) but I can still agree that it's a dick move to bundle a "Complete" edition, sell it for 66% off and not put the DLC on sale or on a much crappier sale.

This couldn't miss the point further.

If you buy the base game early, before lowest MSRP and 75% and then buy the DLC later of course you are going to end up paying more than waiting for the Complete edition to hit 75% off. I actually don't have that much of an issue with Bethesda because IIRC the DLC at 75% off would be $10 and the Legendary edition at 75% would be $10 so it's the same difference.

Obviously, in this case even the devs disagree with you and admitted it was an error and fixed it. There's no logical argument as to why someone would have to pay more (early buyers) for the same piece of DLC on the same date than people who buy the game that day. What's the logic? What makes the same piece of DLC cost more to one group of people than another group on the same day? Nothing. It's stupid and bad policy. I don't even want the same net price as a complete collection because I understand those oftentimes have an additional bundle discount before the percentage discount. I think asking for the same percentage discount for all buyers across the board is more than reasonable

I've Yes'd games right before claiming them before so as long as the greenlight page is up it should be fine.

Just finished a bit ago Dragon Age: Origins - Witch Hunt (DLC).

It's good...but...

...but then, it just suddenly ends. The thing is - this DLC raises more questions, more so than anything else. Don't expect solid answers here. There is no real sense of completion here. Clocking it at around somewhere between 3-4 hours - it feels like this could've went on MUCH longer. And it also feels like they could've done more w/ saying how things end up w/ your companions, after it's all said and done.

Since you're likely importing your DAO base-game save or Awakening save - yeah, you'll have a lot at your disposal for skills & be in a high-level - and b/c you're likely importing or creating a high-level characters, DAO shines mostly here with its strategic-style of combat, more so than anything else. Lack of closure and its short run-time for its material (3-4 hours) cost this DLC from ever reaching greatness.

This couldn't miss the point further.

If you buy the base game early, before lowest MSRP and 75% and then buy the DLC later of course you are going to end up paying more than waiting for the Complete edition to hit 75% off. I actually don't have that much of an issue with Bethesda because IIRC the DLC at 75% off would be $10 and the Legendary edition at 75% would be $10 so it's the same difference.

Obviously, in this case even the devs disagree with you and admitted it was an error and fixed it. There's no logical argument as to why someone would have to pay more (early buyers) for the same piece of DLC on the same date than people who buy the game that day. What's the logic? What makes the same piece of DLC cost more to one group of people than another group on the same day? Nothing. It's stupid and bad policy. I don't even want the same net price as a complete collection because I understand those oftentimes have an additional bundle discount before the percentage discount. I think asking for the same percentage discount for all buyers across the board is more than reasonable

I've Yes'd games right before claiming them before so as long as the greenlight page is up it should be fine.
There's no way that ALL DLC's piece-by-piece in total should EVER cost the same or especially higher than a Complete Collection (Base-Game + ALL DLC's), on the same day.

Complete Collection should cost more than An ALL DLC-Only Collection - b/c Complete Collection also includes the base-game. That should drive the price of the Collection UP.

When owning a base-game already and then buying a Complete Edition to get all the DLC (which also includes the base-game I already) doesn't normally net you an extra copy of the base-game that you already own on Steam - why should I even think of buying Complete Edition? I can't just say give my extra base-game away on Steam, in most instances - very few games work like that.

There's no way that ALL DLC's piece-by-piece in total should EVER cost the same or especially higher than a Complete Collection (Base-Game + ALL DLC's), on the same day.
The way I see it, is I bought Skyrim at $10 knowing it had DLC out that cost a certain price and I was prepared to wait for that DLC to hit 75% off before I bought it. I got to enjoy Skyrim earlier that way so I get a benefit out of it. I wasn't expecting the DLC to drop in MSRP or anything like that. I don't know why you care whether you get the DLC with or without a base game that goes to waste? If you had a price limit for the DLC, be it $10 or $5, why do you care how it hits that price limit?

Was quite happy to learn that some of my games recently updated with steam trading cards.

Still holding onto that Pid key though.

So.. have you guys seen this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back