Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my brother buy an AMD video card and upgrade to Windows 8.1 (from 7) at the same time... and he's been experiencing some issue where his monitor will go to sleep and never wake back up, though his computer is obviously still running.

Just thought I would ask if anyone here has experienced that, I know nothing about AMD or whether that could be the culprit.

Pff. Noob. The proper way is to wait for the next iteration of the game to pick up the previous version during the inevitable marketing period's sales and/or bundle. You don't lose much other than some minor graphical upgrade these days anyway and actually get a more fleshed-out game with more features! Also, you'll be assured there won't be any "more complete than complete" versions (see paradox's games) either.
I don't appreciate the disparagement, but you're the one who's wrong here. Publishers release multiple versions of games all the time (see Civ IV Gold, Borderlands 2 GOTY, Deus Ex: HR Ultimate for example). Developers don't always telegraph whether or not they're going to release DLC for their game. Who's to say when it's safe to buy?

And the issue here is really the pricing practice. Even if you wait five years to buy every game, it doesn't make it right for publishers to fleece supporters and reward those that hold out.

So.. have you guys seen this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU
My friend showed me that yesterday, and I thought since it was put on YouTube a month ago that I was late to the party as usual and it wasn't worth bringing up. Guess I'm not the only one. :p

As for the video itself, I just don't even know. It's funny, but I'm ashamed that I find it funny.

So the Don't Starve story had a happy ending. Got the game and DLC bundle for only $2. Now to wait for the next inevitable Klei Humble so I can finish the Klei collection with Eets, Shank and Shank 2. :bouncy:

I had my brother buy an AMD video card and upgrade to Windows 8.1 (from 7) at the same time... and he's been experiencing some issue where his monitor will go to sleep and never wake back up, though his computer is obviously still running.

Just thought I would ask if anyone here has experienced that, I know nothing about AMD or whether that could be the culprit.
Try connecting at least one monitor via HDMI.

If the card goes into its deep sleep mode (I'm not sure what the marketing name is) it may not wake up correctly. If a monitor is connected via HDMI, the card won't enter this mode.

My friend showed me that yesterday, and I thought since it was put on YouTube a month ago that I was late to the party as usual and it wasn't worth bringing up. Guess I'm not the only one. :p

As for the video itself, I just don't even know. It's funny, but I'm ashamed that I find it funny.

So the Don't Starve story had a happy ending. Got the game and DLC bundle for only $2. Now to wait for the next inevitable Klei Humble so I can finish the Klei collection with Eets, Shank and Shank 2. :bouncy:
:D

How did you get it for $2 ?!

I got the DLC because I managed to trade away my extra copy of Magicite for it.

Only games I'm missing from Klei are Eets & Eets Munchies. But I don't plan on grabbing them. ever.

I also saw Sleeping Dogs for $3.99 and I'm trying so hard to ignore that price point :(

Only games I'm missing from Klei are Eets & Eets Munchies. But I don't plan on grabbing them. ever.

I also saw Sleeping Dogs for $3.99 and I'm trying so hard to ignore that price point :(
You shouldn't. Sleeping Dogs is a great game. Get it!

Been playing sol survivor (for cards). I find it boring... really tried to like the game, but it's too generic, too slow. Going through 22 waves was a real pain. I tried maybe 4 or 5 maps so I know it's too early to quit, but didn't see anything exceptional.
I really tried to like it, but after playing Defense Grid to death, most other TD games pale in comparison. And yes, it was ridiculously slow. Everyone on the forums said to just wait, that it gets harder as you get further and you want to speed things up, but bleh, that is just shitty design if you ask me. Every tower defense game needs a speed up option.

Battepillars keys are being sent out so you should get yours soon!

Please let me know if it appeared in junk mail or not by quoting this post. If it does, then please mark it as "Not Junk".

People need to give up their infatuation with DLC. Nine times out of ten it's worthless or only delivers a couple of hours more content when you've already gotten your fill of the base game.
You expect Buttstallion to run around naked, wihout armor?

My future children...
The thought of your future children scares me.

Get a Mac!

Please let me know if it appeared in junk mail or not by quoting this post. If it does, then please mark it as "Not Junk".
I just got mine. It was in my Gmail Promotions folder.

Edit:

Forgot the THANK YOU!

There's no way that ALL DLC's piece-by-piece in total should EVER cost the same or especially higher than a Complete Collection (Base-Game + ALL DLC's), on the same day.
Bobbyfly is that you? :newbie:

Given that statement, I then propose to you a (rhetorical) question. If base game + all DLC costs less than an equivalent complete edition, why have a complete edition?

I expect the pieces to cost more than the whole (hehe) as it were. It's just that in some circumstances, the delta between the two is seemingly far too great.

Got mine directly to inbox. Thanks!

Meanwhile Paranormal State hasn't send keys weeks after release.

I got it for $2 from my powers of shrewd negotiation and magic.

Not really. I just got lucky on an offer for the two-pack, and then an offer to buy said half of my two-pack.

I have both Shank games on my 360 (I'm actually ~40th on the leaderboards for hard mode for the first one, iirc, because Hard Mode was a bitch and only 100something people were even on the leaderboard at all, still need to play the second one). But the Eets games never came to console.

You shouldn't. Sleeping Dogs is a great game. Get it!
Gonna echo Fox here. It's great. I got it for "free" on 360 (though I had purchased a digital copy on another account for $5 months prior), bought all the DLC for it, and I still felt okay double-dipping for the Collection on Steam (since Detruire confirmed that the $8 one comes with all the DLC, thanks again for your knowledge of steamdb).

$4 is equivalent to GMG's last price of $5 + 20% off voucher. So a pretty good deal, Chuck in all the DLC for an extra $4, and you have a great deal. Besides, I've never known a Squeenix game to go below 80% off intentionally.

I really tried to like it, but after playing Defense Grid to death, most other TD games pale in comparison. And yes, it was ridiculously slow. Everyone on the forums said to just wait, that it gets harder as you get further and you want to speed things up, but bleh, that is just shitty design if you ask me. Every tower defense game needs a speed up option.
Defense Grid is that good? Maybe I should try out my copy on 360 instead of letting it dwell in the infinite backlog..

Got mine in my inbox (I use Hotmail/Outlook).

Thanks Carl.

Oh, and for anyone getting Battlepillars keys..

[SIZE=x-small]Available until Sunday 4 May, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:[/SIZE]

• Battlepillars Gold Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
Thanks to madjoki for the heads-up.

My exact reaction when my younger sister told me she spent all the money saved from her part-time job during college on getting a computer, and it was a Mac. She's not the creative type either, it's just a status symbol to her.

Bobbyfly is that you? :newbie:
Damn, was hoping that wouldn't become a thing. I guess it's karma for "SecretSquirrel". :wall:

And they never got back to me.

If you guys want me to distribute the keys, maybe try sending them an email suggesting that I handle it. They should have my email.
Even though I got it from the Friday bundle at IndieGala, I'll send an e-mail too. Mind posting it so even the laziest of us can join the fight?

It's sad that I more or less only paid 30 cents for that particular game and even I have a key ahead of you early supporters.

Defense Grid is that good? Maybe I should try out my copy on 360 instead of letting it dwell in the infinite backlog..
If you like TD games and some how have not played Defense Grid . . . do not pass Go, do not collect $200, go play it right now. For traditional TD games, I consider it Defense Grid >> all other TD games. It frequently goes on sale for dirt cheap for the whole package on Steam, and I am sure more frequently now that DG2 is out later this year. Part of its greatness is the mazing aspect, which far too few TD games use. I think DG is in my Top 5 as far as hours played.

Oh god yes, Defense Grid is that good. I can't imagine playing it with a controller though.

Also, the DLC is extremely worthwhile. It goes on sale a lot and, in my opinion, it would be worth getting the whole package on Steam.

If you like TD games and some how have not played Defense Grid . . . do not pass Go, do not collect $200, go play it right now. For traditional TD games, I consider it Defense Grid >> all other TD games. It frequently goes on sale for dirt cheap for the whole package on Steam, and I am sure more frequently now that DG2 is out later this year. Part of its greatness is the mazing aspect, which far too few TD games use. I think DG is in my Top 5 as far as hours played.
The only TD game I've played on Steam thus far is Super Sanctum TD, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Sounds like it took several elements from Defense Grid, so it'll probably be right up my alley.

Daily Deal

Metal Slug 3 $7.99 $3.99 (-50%)

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/460711699025100800
Nope. I'm still not buying this overpriced iOS port.

Call me when they bother putting the PC version of entire Anthology on Steam for $20, like they should have done in the first place.

Oh god yes, Defense Grid is that good. I can't imagine playing it with a controller though.

Also, the DLC is extremely worthwhile. It goes on sale a lot and, in my opinion, it would be worth getting the whole package on Steam.
It's never gone on sale on 360, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was frequently on sale on Steam. May be worth picking up the Complete version after all, if Amazon re-runs whatever $5 deal they had on it.

DLC isn't that much different than expansion packs of 10-20 years ago. It's just smaller chunks released at a faster pace to keep up in a much more competitive gaming realm now. Sure, there's a lot of junk DLC out there now, but A: you don't have to buy it, and B: someone must be buying it or they wouldn't make it.

Came in my main Hotmail inbox (and don't ask me why I'm still using Hotmail).

ありがとう!

Damn, was hoping that wouldn't become a thing. I guess it's karma for "SecretSquirrel". :wall:
Serves you right, Bobbyfly.

Daily Deal
Metal Slug 3 $7.99 $3.99 (-50%)
You're gonna put me out of a job.

And the issue here is really the pricing practice. Even if you wait five years to buy every game, it doesn't make it right for publishers to fleece supporters and reward those that hold out.
(Hal, only quoting you so everyone knows the topic at hand...)

Those of you on the fleecing side of the argument are missing a key issue with this... Risk/Reward.

Complete collections are always going to be a better deal, and have been so in the past when DLC use to be expansion packs, because of the risk/reward... Why is this? Complete collections, outside of some extreme cases, always cost more money than the base game. The company involved realizes there is a chance you might not like the base game (the cheaper option) and will toss in extras into the "deal" in an effort to you to buy it.

Those of you who buy early already know rather or not you like the game at all... If you didn't like it then you've saved money as you'll ignore all future DLC. Obviously, if you like it you still may not return, etc. etc. aka the risk has all but be eliminated by you.

So for the company its about maximizing their avg profit across all customers... For you, the early adapter, its about supporting something you liked and letting the company know you liked it... or didn't like it.

Came in my main Hotmail inbox (and don't ask me why I'm still using Hotmail).

ありがとう!

Serves you right, Bobbyfly.

You're gonna put me out of a job.
You probably use it for the same reason I still do, years of history.

I doubt he's going to put you out of a job considering you manage several other large threads. :p

DLC isn't that much different than expansion packs of 10-20 years ago. It's just smaller chunks released at a faster pace to keep up in a much more competitive gaming realm now. Sure, there's a lot of junk DLC out there now, but A: you don't have to buy it, and B: someone must be buying it or they wouldn't make it.
Problem is expansion packs were almost never deliberately held back content, but either content that had to be nixed in time to be shipped, content addressing complaints of the main game or just more of the same to satiate those who loved the base game.

Now part of the blame for withheld content goes to retailers (specifically GameStop), but the availability of DLC has absolutely lowered the bar for additional content (as opposed to an expansion pack that HAD to be worth buying) It's been a terrible trend that some of us are vocally opposed to, myself included.

In addition, DLC has killed cheat codes/in-game unlockables for the most part and made devs get cheap with their on-disc offerings. The death of these two things is definitely one of the worst things that ever happened to gaming.

Got Battepillars key, thanks.

Turned on Steam to redeem it and a huge update for another game started downloading that used up a good chunk of my daily bandwidth. Double checked to make sure auto update was turned off. It was :wall:

Posting these now since I won't feel like hunting for them later:

Random Deals

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - $9.99 $6.69
Depth of Fear :: Knossos - $5.99 $4.49
Bus Simulator 2012 - $9.99 $4.99
Street Racing Syndicate - $9.99 $4.99
Ski Region Simulator: Gold Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Rise of Flight: Channel Battles Edition - $49.99 $24.99
Descent - $6.99 $3.49
Deponia - $19.99 $3.99
RoboBlitz - $9.99 $2.99
I'm assuming all those deals are terrible?

Heads-up on Blazblue: CT by the way. Aside from it being the first BlazBlue game (making it horribly outdated at this point, as there's been 4 releases since then), the Steam version doesn't have online multiplayer, only local. So.. yeah, bit of a rip-off.

On the bright side, GFWL has been removed from this re-release, so you don't have to worry about that.

I'm assuming all those deals are terrible?

Heads-up on Blazblue: CT by the way. Aside from it being the first BlazBlue game (making it horribly outdated at this point, as there's been 4 releases since then), the Steam version doesn't have online multiplayer, only local. So.. yeah, bit of a rip-off.

On the bright side, GFWL has been removed from this re-release, so you don't have to worry about that.
I got it on W8 when it was on sale for $3 (With Xbox Achievements). I was very disappointed that there was no online multiplayer. I find fighting games very boring when not playing against other people. I also say skip this one.

Depth of Fear looks interesting.

GetGamesGo Daily Deal:

Activates on Steam. ITAD shows this matches its historical low.
Cool, another classic I never got a chance to play. Will consider it. Thanks CM.

Oh come now, do you really think I'm just posting these deals for posterity?
I would "like" this, but I haven't figured out a way to break through the "like" quota on the site yet. But when I do, expect "like" spam the likes of which you've never seen before!

Cool, another classic I never got a chance to play. Will consider it. Thanks CM.
So very tempting!
Well, if the price doesn't do it for you, I'm sure the ad for it will.

11128-romero_ad.jpg

sounds like a problem with the monitor to me....
Could be, I used to have the same problem but very rarely, and I also used to have the same monitor as him. But he's having it pretty often and only since the video card/Windows change.

Try connecting at least one monitor via HDMI.

If the card goes into its deep sleep mode (I'm not sure what the marketing name is) it may not wake up correctly. If a monitor is connected via HDMI, the card won't enter this mode.
I've never heard of a video card having a deep sleep mode. His monitor only has a VGA connection so I don't know if this is possible.

I've never heard of a video card having a deep sleep mode. His monitor only has a VGA connection so I don't know if this is possible.
You should tell him to go into device properties and make sure "Windows can put this device to sleep to conserve power" isn't checked (unless this is just an option on laptops), as that could be causing it if the video card is getting turned off for some reason.

You should tell him to go into device properties and make sure "Windows can put this device to sleep to conserve power" isn't checked (unless this is just an option on laptops), as that could be causing it if the video card is getting turned off for some reason.
Okay. I have his power settings on high performance and stuff like that but I'm not familiar with the setting you describe so I'll check into that.

Did some searching, there is "Ultra low power state" with some AMD setups and you can disable it in the registry. I'll have him try that. Seems to mainly be an issue with crossfire, which he doesn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back