Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there's some people here who play a lot of NBA 2K13, so does anyone know a good guide/link to somewhere with updated 2014 rosters? Or does the community stop updating rosters once 2K14 comes out?
Most rosters and mods are hosted at NLSC. Best place to actually find them is at operationsports. I know the 2K12 Ultimate Base Roster still gets updated, but i'm not sure about 13.

Didn't the latest NBA 2K14 royally fuck up AI? Seems like purists and cheapasses alike still endorse 2K13 as the best in the series, though some still say 2K12 is, just has a bit sloppier graphics.
Every release royally fuck s up something. 13 introduced a new control scheme and the game became more of a ballet of uninterruptable animations which made it feel more like a fighting game. 14 was a slight improvement, but 11 & 12 are still the pinnacle of the franchise to me, although i'm not sure if I could go back to the old control style now that I have figured out how to avoid the turnover plays and animations.

Steam has been showing you playing nothing but it for over a month, so yeah, I imagine you could stand to take a break (for awhile or permanently).
Yeah, it's been the only thing I've been playing on PC. Been actually playing my 3DS a lot. But does it make sense that by playing ESO I actually feel Distant from the CAG Steam community?

If it came with the Season pass, I would have stated as such. But I edited my post just for you, :newbie: .
Thanks, maybe I was just extra dumb yesterday but I took "maps" to mean the season pass. I hope ashes pays you well. :p

I bet bobby wakes up everyday hoping a pc virgin started posting in the thread while he was away from his computer
Aren't the majority of PC gamers virgins?

I still don't consider myself a PC virgin though, I just had a dry spell for a while.

MysterD posts here all the time.
Damn, nice burn SecretSquirrel.

That game is awful, anyway. Don't be suckered in by the Spidey name, if that game starred any generic hero it would have far lower scores than it already does.
Unless the console port is a thousand times better, It's not awful. We just have certain expectations for Spidey games since Spidey 2/Ultimate Spidey. I'd say it's one of the better Spidey games to come around in the last decade. I'd probably double-dip at 75% off instead of this 66% off bs.

EDIT: Should have been more specific that I'm talking about the Nuketown MP map only. Haven't really touched zombies so I can't say whether or not that is free.
You're right, Nuketown Non-Zombies is free on PC as well as consoles. It was originally a first-print bonus/for the Digital Deluxe edition but they just decided to give it to everyone. Nuketown Zombies costs $5.

360 controllers all use Xinput protocol which is a deficient version of DirectInput. Xinput only supports the number of buttons and axes on the 360 controller, no more (btw, the triggers are +/- halves of a single axis... so it only supports 5 axes.

DirectInput is the earlier and superior standard and supports a huge number of buttons and axes... thus making it superior for fancy controller setups (e.g. Flight / Racing setup.)

PS2 & PS3 wheels use the DirectInput standard thus those wheels work on both PC and Playstation, e.g Logitch G27, G25, DFGT. Last I read, it looked like PS4 would continue to support those. 360 wheels do not inherently work on PC, and I think their support was going to be broken on XBO.

Thus for a PC racing junkie, Playstation is much friendlier. And it is much more consumer friendly since the wheels continue to works across generations. Entry level for a nice wheel setup (H-shifter and cluch) is the G27 which goes on sale for $200 -- not a purchase I want to remake every few years. Also it's not uncommon to mix and match that with some pricey Fanatec stuff... starting with some nice Fanatec pedals ($150-$250), then maybe a nice belt-driver Fanatech wheel ($200+).

TL;DR

Dumbass :newbie:

Meh, I use 10 years old to simply indicate around that old... approximate age, details matter less than, was the game good? does it hold up? (Splinter Cell would be a good example).
Wow, I actually learned quite a bit from that. Thank you.

I get what you mean by saying "10+ years old", as for how it holds up, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I never actually played the first two.

EDIT:
So, is CoD3 gonna get a PC port or what? ;)
I hope not. That game was terrible.

Suffering from WGN-suspension withdrawal?

Need a new steam group to fill that hole in your existence?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Ilovebarbieblankandkaitlyn
I saw this post last night and was gonna bother Tebow to add me, but I woke up to an invite. I don't get why he likes so much despite our lack of interaction.

The good news is Return to Castle Wolfenstein is $2.50 on the daily -- you can buy it and play a real shooter versus Cowadoody.
+1

Good f**king god.
That was pretty much my reaction too.

So anyone else playing ESO? I think I might be pretty done with it. Might renew for one more month, but I'm not sure.
.. Haven't people learned not to buy in day 1 on an MMO? Seriously, did Defiance, FFXIV (the original piece of shit), FFXIV: ARR, DC: Universe Online and SW: TOR teach you nothing? :p

Especially with a Zenimax game. It's not like the beta didn't get ripped a new one by several review sites.

Edit: As MysterD points out, a sub fee makes the lack of content for an MMO at release, even more of a pain in the ass.

I've been hemming and hawing about picking up the Transformer: Fall of Cybertron - Massive Fury Pack. I already bought the main game.

As far as I can see, the single player content in that pack is just an old school Optimus Prime skin. Admittedly, that's pretty badass. But $2.50 for one single skin?
Well, to be fair, it's mostly an MP pack. The SP stuff is:

In addition you also get the Generation 2 BRUTICUS colors and 2 unique weapons for use in the single player Campaign (Retro Blaster and Shock Cannon). Lastly, G1 OPTIMUS PRIME is also included for use in both the single player Campaign or Multiplayer.

Wait, how'd you swing a cameo in the game Bruticus? :p

Damn, nice burn SecretSquirrel.
Eh, not really.

As if MysterD ain't heard the old "MysterD is a virgin" joke, inference, subliminal shot, straight-up punchline, or whatever a billion times in his lifetime already.

It's old hat.

If it was actually true that he was still one, the joke might be a bit funnier.

Maybe - just maybe...

EDIT:

.. Haven't people learned learned not to buy in day-1 on an MMO? Seriously, did Defiance, FFXIV (the original piece of shit), FFXIV: ARR, DC: Universe Online and SW: TOR teach you nothing? :p
I know that's especially true for MMO's - and especially those MMO's w/ sub-fees...

...but that is true for many games that have MP (BF games, anyone?) and any games that are not MMO's on the market, as well. ;)

EDIT:
I know that's especially true for MMO's - and especially those MMO's w/ sub-fees...

...but that is true for many games that have MP (BF games, anyone?) and any games that are not MMO's on the market, as well. ;)
Eh, at least if you buy in for an MP game at day 1, the servers are guaranteed to be a lot more active. MMOs have a drop in pop too, but it's not nearly as drastic as most MP games. But my point is that with all those MMOs that have gone F2P, and all those MMOs that barely had any content at release (I remember people blowing through ARR at release in their first month of subbing), that people would know better than to buy in without researching how much content is available.

I mean if you plan to play with friends, I suppose that's different but otherwise, it just seems silly. And with Zenimax, you know it's going to be buggy and your sub time is going to spent waiting on bugs to be fixed.

So, how much did the lucky lady toaster cost, MysterD? Was she on sale at Walmart?

Both of these movies have been in Redboxes for months. If you're too cheap to pony up ~$1 USD to see it, like I did, you probably aren't that interested in seeing it. But for what it's worth, I'm sorry if my comment ruined the movie for you.
Naw, if it was a really bad spoiler I never would have included it in my quote... but the thread (and other PC threads) have been getting uncomfortably close to spoilers on a number of shows/movies of late and a general reminder seemed to be in order. :)

Also my asshole is like other people's dumbass... Don't take it serious.

As for being in redbox for a few months... Going to be completely honest with you... Video games aren't the only thing I backlog. Comics, novels, tv shows, and movies all get the same treatment. I don't mean to do it... but my schedule makes it all too common.

Completely off topic but the wife and I have been making good progress on TV and movies... I got a DVR to clear off and keep mostly clear with Google happening at some point in the future. I've now seen a handful of movies copyrighted in 2012 and 2013. AND I've also seen a shiny new one.... Captain America Winter Soldier. Very solid and highly recommended. Call me crazy but I thought Chris Evans was a horrible choice for Steve Rogers when it was first announced. He's completely proven me wrong and I think the Cap movies are probably the best series of Marvel movies for their consistency and quality. (In case anyone is wondering the last movie I saw in the theater was Iron Man 3... Which was complete crap.)

Anyhow, quick list of movies I've seen of late...

Pain and Gain (horribly funny, recommended for those who can appreciate some dark humor)

The Amazing Spider-Man (had no desire to see the sequel (now in theater till I saw this... This is likely the best Spider-Man movie... Which just completely shocked me)

The Dark Knight Rises (Very disappointing... Nolan's Batman has always been a bit off and without a an Oscar worthy performance to distract its completely obvious again... Easily the weakest of Nolan's trilogy and possible the worst Batman movie* I've ever seen.)

Man of Steel (Took some liberties with Superman canon but just a completely solid look at a Superman for the modern age... Really enjoy Snyder's work.)

G.I. Joe Retaliation (Decent... Likely above avg for an Action flick)

Dredd (Really good. Way above average for an action flick... I hope a sequel gets made. Violence might be a bit much for the faint of heart.)

A Good Day to Die Hard (Holy shit was this bad...)

* I've never seen Clooney as Batman and Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mister Freeze... So, yeah. The best Batman movie is Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

Anywho... Thanks for humor me and my off topic post. :)

<snip>

The Dark Knight Rises (Very disappointing... Nolan's Batman has always been a bit off and without a an Oscar worthy performance to distract its completely obvious again... Easily the weakest of Nolan's trilogy and possible the worst Batman movie* I've ever seen.)

* I've never seen Clooney as Batman and Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mister Freeze... So, yeah. The best Batman movie is Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

Anywho... Thanks for humor me and my off topic post. :)
There's a topic? I thought this was just a place for random free association. The Batman trilogy was very good and helped wipe away the horrible memory stain of the previous attempts, especially the utter crap that Tim Burton foisted on the world. Seriously, NEVER watch that shite. You can never unsee it. You've been warned.

Batman 3 sucked ass.

I was so disappointed with Amazing Spider-Man that I went out and bought the Raimi trilogy on BD the day after watching it. Had to wash away the bad taste from my brain.

Suffering from WGN-suspension withdrawal?

Need a new steam group to fill that hole in your existence?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Ilovebarbieblankandkaitlyn
I'd need to hire a terp.

Aiic_012.jpg

There's a topic? I thought this was just a place for random free association. The Batman trilogy was very good and helped wipe away the horrible memory stain of the previous attempts, especially the utter crap that Tim Burton foisted on the world. Seriously, NEVER watch that shite. You can never unsee it. You've been warned.
Tim Burton only did the first two... They're not horrible, well, Returns could be, but the original is, what I would call Okay... but if you only compare it to what other Superheroes had going on at that time its likely the second best Super Hero movie made at that point.

Batman 3 sucked ass. I was so disappointed with Amazing Spider-Man that I went out and bought the Raimi trilogy on BD the day after watching it. Had to wash away the bad taste from my brain.
Only real follow up question to ask is rather or not you watched Spider-Man 3 or not? ;-)

(I enjoyed Raimi's first two enough but just too many liberties taken... I think that's why I enjoyed the Amazing Spider-Man so much... Its closer to the comic version. Sadly, the villains in the sequel look to have jumped the shark.)

So anyone else playing ESO? I think I might be pretty done with it. Might renew for one more month, but I'm not sure.
I haven't seen anyone else play or mention it. Didja run out of content, or just approach burnout?

Haven't people learned not to buy in day 1 on an MMO? Seriously, did Defiance, FFXIV (the original piece of shit), FFXIV: ARR, DC: Universe Online and SW: TOR teach you nothing? :p
Launch is the coolest/most memorable time to play, and you'll never have a problem finding a party for group quests & dungeons while leveling (which will be some a problem later.)

Hello Carl,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

The group in question has violated the terms of the Online Conduct Rules for the Steam Community.

For more information on Valve's policies, please see the Steam Subscriber Agreement and the Rules of Steam Online Conduct.

Steam Subscriber Agreement
http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

Rules of Steam Online Conduct
http://store.steampowered.com/online_conduct/

The group will not be re-enabled. Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Hello Carl,

Unfortunately, we suck big floppy donkey D.

Well that sucks.

Knowing Steam support, that's probably the best response you're gonna get, too.

Hello Carl,

The group in question has violated the terms of the Online Conduct Rules for the Steam Community.

For more information on Valve's policies, please see the Steam Subscriber Agreement and the Rules of Steam Online Conduct.

nostalgia-critic-boo-o.gif

Let us know if you create a new "compliant" group.

You will not:

• Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents to do the same.
  • Use any material or information, including images or photographs, via Steam in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
  • Upload files that contain viruses, trojan horses, worms, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another.
  • Institute attacks upon a Steam server or otherwise disrupt Steam.
  • Use Steam in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
  • Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
  • Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying Steam services, software or other content.
  • Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
  • Use Steam in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
  • Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.

There's Carl serious crimes.

• Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying Steam services, software or other content.

I wonder if banning a user would be breaking this.

Why isn't Steamgifts already banned :D

I won't be making another Steam group. I don't like the idea of being disabled without reason.
Understandable. I appreciate all your efforts and all that you did helping new games get through Greenlight. Will you still be streaming on Twitch?

Hello Carl,

Classy, Valve support. Shut down a 70k+ member group with no notice, then respond to an inquiry with "rtfm." Doesn't exactly inspire contributions to the steam community.

I won't be making another Steam group. I don't like the idea of being disabled without reason.
Zoinks.

Thanks for all of your work turning WGN into the best deals aggregator on steam, and for creating some goodwill between indie devs and the raving masses. Hope to still see you streaming in the future.

Big Fish Games has several PC & Mac Digital Download Games (Full Versions) for Free when you enter coupon code BIGFISHCASINO.

Free Big Fish Game of your choice + 3 games! (Full Version, No Time Limit or Expiration)
BigFishGames.com is offering the following 3 games for free.

3 Free Games (Click “Buy it”, enter code at checkout)

Phantasmat (PC & Mac)
Coupon Code: bigfishcasino
PC http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/11073/phantasmat/index.html

Mac http://slickdeals.net/?pno=119708&lno=3&afsrc=1&trd=Mac

Puppetshow Mystery of Joyville (PC & Mac)
PC
 http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/6196/puppetshow-mystery-of-joyville/index.html
Mac http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/7773/mac/puppetshow-mystery-of-joyville/index.html

Puppetshow Return to Joyville (PC & Mac)
PC http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/17532/puppetshow-return-to-joyville/index.html

Mac http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/18744/mac/puppetshow-return-to-joyville/index.html

If you purchase both PC and Mac versions, you will get 6 Game Club Monthly Punch Card points which qualifies you for a free game of your choosing (a unique code will be e-mailed to you).

Note: You have to be a Game Club member before the 6th punch point in order to get the free game code. Membership is free for 30-days (New Users only). Also, the punch card resets at the end of the calender month. Cancel your membership before the end of the month to avoid the monthly fee of $6.99. The free game code is e-mailed to you even if you cancel your membership. Enjoy!

"Good" games to Recommend:

Plants vs. Zombies 
Puzzle Quest 2 
The Price is Right 2010 
RealMyst 
Syberia 
Syberia II 
Peggle Deluxe 
Peggle Nights 
Bookworm Deluxe 
Bookworm Adventures 
Hotel Dash / Diner Dash Series 
Nancy Drew

Leeched from SlickDiapers

Eh, not really.
As if MysterD ain't heard the old "MysterD is a virgin" joke, inference, subliminal shot, straight-up punchline, or whatever a billion times in his lifetime already.
It's old hat.
If it was actually true that he was still one, the joke might be a bit funnier.
Maybe - just maybe...
I mean, seriously, who buys a toaster and doesn't pop its cherry within the first few days?

I think I'm done idling for now.

j0wMi8n.png

I think I'll resume idling after the summer sale.  Still currently have 89 games with 319 drops left.

Hello Carl,

Valve needs cough a spanking party coguh

Hello Carl,

This really sucks. You spent so long to build such a big community and it gets taken down over probably some silly technicality and there's so many other groups out there probably breaking bigger rules.

I can't remember who it was that picked up CSGO on my recommendation when it was last on sale and ended up hating it (LOL) but they just added a new weapon case drop that its currenlty worth $4+ on the steam market. You might want fire up the game again, you could easily get the money you spent on the game if you can get that case drop.

Does anyone know how long you have to idle a game before Playfire recognizes that you played it for the first time? It thinks I didn't play Narcissu at all and now they added all those Star Wars games and I want my 20 pence.

Does anyone know how long you have to idle a game before Playfire recognizes that you played it for the first time? It thinks I didn't play Narcissu at all and now they added all those Star Wars games and I want my 20 pence.
I nor many other people have been able to get Playfire to acknowledge any F2P game for a reward. I still haven't gotten anything from Archeblade or Conquest of Champions.

I'd just keep responding back with things like "I don't think I violated any of those terms. Whatever the problem was, I wasn't aware that it was a problem and I would be glad to fix it if you'd just tell me what it was. And even if you really won't reinstate the group over whatever mistake happened, I kind of need to know what the specific problem was. Otherwise, any replacement I try to organize could just get closed for the same reason."

Eventually you'll get someone who's willing to give you a better answer, if only to prevent you from making more and more groups. And yes, I know that you don't intend to start another one. But they don't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back