Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Carl - that email you got was pretty crappy. It's one of the things I dislike most about Steam - the (broken &) robotic customer service. Keep after it and you may be successful at getting it reinstated just like CAG.

I suspect there were two big sticking points, the biggest of which was the collection of email addresses for the giveaways. There are some pretty strict laws in the U.S. about email collection now and I imagine Steam wants to steer clear. Most likely the giveaways themselves were a small technicality which would have been otherwise overlooked.

Nor should you feel you must.

I didn't care for 2k14 for several reasons. Someone posted a long video to explain why I was wrong, but I still liked the way 2k13 controlled much better.

:censored:
There was a little kid trying to play it (Universe Sandbox 2) and it looked utterly boring.

For any of those interested, I found a great update roster/mod/upgrade for 2K13:

http://www.nba2k.org/2013/09/nba2k13-pc-albys-realistic-roster-nba-2013-2014-season.html

Just follow those steps and install everything in order (because some of the files in the newer packs will overwrite some of the files in the older packs).

It gives you rosters updated up until the start of this last season (I couldn't find any more up to date rosters). It also gives you a ton more jerseys, floors, scoreboards, and every shoe you could ever want. The level of detail is great. There's also some settings presets you can load to make the game play better and SweetFX mods to make it look a lot better too. After installing all that I'm happy.

I similarly heard mixed things about 2K14 and honestly the main benefit of the newest 2K b-ball game if it isn't better than last year's is just the roster updates that come throughout the season if you are playing the association mode. At this point, there isn't really much point to get 2K14, especially since everything I've heard is that it's a worse game than 2K13.

Oh, freaking hell - I just bought SC:BL Regular (UPlay Code) on Friday night for 8.xx from NewEgg....and now it's $4.xx on GG for Deluxe.

Anyways - awesome game, but a technical-stability of a mess:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328029-steam-deals-thread-v11-trine-2-199-return-to-castle-wolfenstein-249-prototype-499-shadowrun-returns-509/?p=11735538
Didn't wait till $5.

Dumbass.

Got Battlefront 2 and Prototype 2. Prototype 2 seems to have the best discount of all time for Steam.
You're wrong. Prototype 1+2+DLC for $7.50.

Dumbass.

Damn you people. I just got back from a trip and catching up on 9 days of Steam thread postings was quite a journey in of itself. I leveled up my skim reading skill a few times along the way, but sadly my stamina did not. It's good to be back in the fold again. It just feels right, like being home.

Missed out on the Battlepillars reserve by a few hours. Thus is life.

Man, that really sucks with what happened to Carlmundo and his WGN group. I thoroughly enjoyed being a member and those daily updates were helpful. It's not surprising Valve support decided to respond with an unsympathetic robotic reply, but you'd at least think a warming would be in order. That's just bad form. I think we all know Carltonmundo will figure a way to rebound from this.

So, after a few quick Steam sale purchases I currently sit at 999 Steam games. I have no concrete plan on what game should be next for joining the 4-digit game collection club. I thought Wolfenstein 3D would be fitting given it was the first game I ever played on a PC. It was on an IBM with an Intel 386 processor. I could only play for a half-hour or so before getting motion sickness. Good times.

Anyone else going to be involved in a certain VMC beta test coming up? Would be nice to play with some CAG bros, but I doubt anyone here has an Xbox One.
Yup. I just eSigned the GBTN NDA + Addendum. I thought I'd give it a shot, as there's not really much of a downside to optional participation. I haven't received any info other than it'll be for a AAA project. It might be fun... 8-[

Damned console types. Now excuse me while I go buy Chrono Cross off of PSN before it goes off the Golden Week sale. ;)
I just bought this as well. :D I've been waiting for a sale on that for a while. My PS Vita backlog is quietly becoming a bit overwhelming (~35 games). Not sure if I'll bite on the Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection. I'd rather find a used physical copy since 3.3 GBs is a bit of storage space hog. Even for a 32 GB card.

So after Valve gets its cut, you made 75 cents?
Debbie+Downer.png

Not that I would expect anybody to go in on this Kickstarter, as there isn't any value added by kickstarting it, but this looks kind of interesting:

Heart Forth

Battlefront 2 and Empire at War seem to be out of keys at the moment. They'll probably be restocked within a day, but figured I'd post about it here. This means you can't launch the games until they're restocked with keys. If you ran them before they ran out, you should be fine.

Here are some extra steam keys.

Airbuccaneers
0LV6P-4JIGN-FXHLP

Kairo
0QX9R-CEA07-446DJ

Holy Avatar Vs. Maidens of the Dead
MMEA9-5KFX9-4HQDF

Bionic Dues
GWZHR-KC0R5-790BL

Silent Storm Gold
NVXF7-FYVQL-ZGHJ3

SpaceForce Rogue Universe
T9Z62-0JH3B-F4CD3

Hacker Evolution: Untold
P8AFI-8AZK9-XXQD4

Face Noir
0M96X-YAL5G-6VLQ2

Little Racers STREET
0CVXY-RVC2E-ER7KZ

Supreme Commander
0BQAW-3GGA4-LY2MQ

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
0C47L-T0NXQ-QJ6Y0

Here are some extra steam keys.

Airbuccaneers
0LV6P-4JIGN-FXHLP

Kairo
0QX9R-CEA07-446DJ

Holy Avatar Vs. Maidens of the Dead
MMEA9-5KFX9-4HQDF

Bionic Dues
GWZHR-KC0R5-790BL

Silent Storm Gold
NVXF7-FYVQL-ZGHJ3

SpaceForce Rogue Universe
T9Z62-0JH3B-F4CD3

Hacker Evolution: Untold
P8AFI-8AZK9-XXQD4

Face Noir
0M96X-YAL5G-6VLQ2

Little Racers STREET
0CVXY-RVC2E-ER7KZ

Supreme Commander
0BQAW-3GGA4-LY2MQ

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
0C47L-T0NXQ-QJ6Y0
Thanks!

Grabbed face noir

Battlefront 2 and Empire at War seem to be out of keys at the moment. They'll probably be restocked within a day, but figured I'd post about it here. This means you can't launch the games until they're restocked with keys. If you ran them before they ran out, you should be fine.
That really blows. I bought Battlefront II years ago (never played it - surprise!) and still can't launch the game.

AND I've also seen a shiny new one.... Captain America Winter Soldier. Very solid and highly recommended. Call me crazy but I thought Chris Evans was a horrible choice for Steve Rogers when it was first announced. He's completely proven me wrong and I think the Cap movies are probably the best series of Marvel movies for their consistency and quality. (In case anyone is wondering the last movie I saw in the theater was Iron Man 3... Which was complete crap.)

Anyhow, quick list of movies I've seen of late...

The Amazing Spider-Man (had no desire to see the sequel (now in theater till I saw this... This is likely the best Spider-Man movie... Which just completely shocked me)

The Dark Knight Rises (Very disappointing... Nolan's Batman has always been a bit off and without a an Oscar worthy performance to distract its completely obvious again... Easily the weakest of Nolan's trilogy and possible the worst Batman movie* I've ever seen.)

Man of Steel (Took some liberties with Superman canon but just a completely solid look at a Superman for the modern age... Really enjoy Snyder's work.)

* I've never seen Clooney as Batman and Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mister Freeze... So, yeah. The best Batman movie is Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

Anywho... Thanks for humor me and my off topic post. :)
There's a topic? I thought this was just a place for random free association. The Batman trilogy was very good and helped wipe away the horrible memory stain of the previous attempts, especially the utter crap that Tim Burton foisted on the world. Seriously, NEVER watch that shite. You can never unsee it. You've been warned.
We must be exact opposites because I disagree with so much of this, so I'm curious about whether I will like The Winter Soldier, which looked pretty good to me based on the trailers.

New Spider-Man movies look terrible. I've only seen the first one but the new guy sucks as Peter Parker (and people complained about the CGI in the Raimi films?!). I think Maguire and Dunst were perfect in those roles. If they hadn't cocked up the plot in 3 (yes the dancing was bad but the whole Venom subplot could have been handled much better and this was yet another movie that suffered from too-many-villains syndrome [which I suspect is probably the case in Amazing 2 as well]), Marvel would still be making Spider-Man movies with the original cast and we'd still get to see those crazy Bruce Campbell cameos.

The Dark Knight Rises was the perfect ending to the Nolan trilogy and after I had a chance to reflect on it I don't think he could have ended it any other way; it was the true "hero's journey" and all of the loose threads that connected it to the first two films, especially the first one were tied off while leaving the possibility of a continuation of the Batman legend sans Bruce Wayne. The Nolan films were a much-needed revitalization of the Darkknight Detective's screen life after the abomination that you alluded to in your post (the execrable Batman and Robin).

The first Burton film was fantastic and Nicholson was great as The Joker, effortlessly switching between manic clown and psychotic murderer, almost mid-sentence. Keaton also did a nice job with the part in the first two films, although Batman Returns suffered from TMV syndrome as well as a schizophrenic tone--as weird as it sounds in light of the later films, Burton's second spin on the Batman mythos was almost too dark. The third movie was the studio's effort to lighten things up a bit and they brought in Joel Schumacher as director and Val Kilmer as Batman. The story didn't make much sense but the whole thing almost worked because tonally it was basically done as a live-action theatrical-length episode of the 1966 TV series: Tommy Lee Jones's Two-Face was ridiculous in contrast to the rendition that appeared in The Dark Knight and Jim Carrey stole the film in a part that was written for him in all his rubber-faced excess. Kilmer and young Chris O'Donnell did a credible spin on the Dick Grayson story in the movie and as a result the entire production was largely goofy but it worked. Schumacher followed that up by pushing the envelope to the extremes of absurdity in the fourth film, replacing Kilmer with George Clooney, adding Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl and a bevy of badly-misinterpreted villains, poorly-conceived subplots and assorted shenanigans. The movie received a dismal 12% on Rotten Tomatoes, which just leaves me wondering who actually liked it.

I do think that Man of Steel was good. Was it better than the Reeve Superman? I'm not sure but I know that DC was looking for a Nolan-style reboot after the dreadful Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, when Superman battles Nuclear Man (I'm not kidding). They definitely got it because this is a more detailed look at the origin of the character and a more troubled genesis, including that thing that happened at the end that I won't spoil. I'll be curious to see how it ties into the forthcoming Justice League and other films on the horizon, in no small part because as much as I love DC characters I've gotten the strong impression that, unlike Marvel, DC-Warner doesn't really seem to have a plan as to what they want to do with these characters in the cinematic universe.

Mask of the Phantasm was good, although I don't think it's even the best animated Batman film; that award would have to go to the recent adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns, which is fantastic, even if Frank Miller still won't give it his endorsement.

Hmn, well I own everything in the bundle except lococycle.. and while I am interested in playing it I am pretty sure I don't want to spend $2 on it.

Some crazy people were talking about getting Bound by Flame on release. It's $25.99 from Uplay, it's supposed to be -15% off, but it looks to be nearly -$15 off instead.  As far as I know, it should be Steam.

Some crazy people were talking about getting Bound by Flame on release. It's $25.99 from Uplay, it's supposed to be -15% off, but it looks to be nearly -$15 off instead. As far as I know, it should be Steam.
FYI to Canadians: Not sure what that game is but I was curious so I checked, redirects me to the Canadian store where it's only 15% discount.

Are there even any other Canadians in this thread?

Daily Deal
Dream - $16.99 $8.49

Weeklong Deals
Humanity Asset - $9.99 $4.99
Gigantic Army - $5.99 $4.49
Grotesque Tactics - $9.99 $2.49
Anodyne - $9.99 $4.99
Star Empires IV Deluxe - 9.99 $2.49
Rush For Berlin Gold - $4.99 $1.24
Future Wars - $4.99 $0.49
Check vs Mate - $19.99 $4.99
Crazy Machines - $9.99 $3.39
Breath of Death/Cthulhu Saves the World Double Pack - $2.99 $0.98
NaissanceE - $19.99 $14.99
Master Reboot - $14.99 $7.49
Real Warfare III Northern Crusade - 19.99 $4.99
Warlock: Master of the Arcane - $19.99 $6.79
Crazy Machines 2 - $14.99 $5.10
XIII Century: Gold Edition - $19.99 $4.99
Type:Rider - $6.99 $3.49
Crazy Machines: Golden Gears - $9.99 $3.39
Captain Morgan and the Golden Turtle - $4.99 $2.49
Grotesque Tactics 2 - $9.99 $2.49
Cargo Commander - $9.99 $1.49
Anna: Extended Edition - $9.99 $2.49
Crazy Machines 1.5 - $9.99 $3.39
Space Empires V - $14.99 $3.74
You Don't Know Jack - $19.99 $4.99
Kairo - $4.99 $2.49
Journal - $9.99 $4.99
Switched 3D - $9.99 $1.99
Deadfall Adventures - $39.99 $19.99
Scania Truck Driving Simulator - $16.99 $5.77
Ghost Master - $4.99 $1.24
Real Warfare 1242 - $14.99 $4.49
King Arthur: The Role Playing War Game - $9.99 $2.49
Tower Wars - $7.99 $3.99
The 39 Steps - $14.99 $3.74
Jet Set Radio - $4.99 $2.49
Numen: Contest of Heroes - $9.99 $0.99
Holy Avatar vs Maidens of the Dead - $9.99 $2.49
A-Men - $9.99 $1.99
Avadon 2: The Corruption - $9.99 $4.99

Random Deals
Postal 2 - $9.99 $2.99
The Dungeoning - $11.99 $8.99
Jazzpunk - $14.99 $10.04
Hun Hound EX - $14.99 $10.04
Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $12.49

Looks like Planet Stronghold Steam keys are up on Humble (including a Steam key for the Deluxe DLC).

inb4 Groupees buyers get screwed again. Can't say I didn't see this coming, but at least it's only the soundtrack and nothing important.

Looks like Planet Stronghold Steam keys are up on Humble (including a Steam key for the Deluxe DLC).

inb4 Groupees buyers get screwed again. Can't say I didn't see this coming, but at least it's only the soundtrack and nothing important.
Meh I don't even give a shit about deluxe really (even though I paid a hefty $10 for that bundle) but those of us who got it bought it WAY earlier before he had a chance in hell of getting on Steam and nobody every heard of his games so would have been nice if he went to Groupees with the keys first but as long as we get them.

And we better get them...

I don't have the energy or care to fight over some crap soundtrack but if we don't get keys at all soon then :twoguns:

I posted a new update about WGN:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wgnchat#announcements/detail/1785985954591625801

If anyone thinks they can help or know anyone useful I can speak to in order to get the group back up, please let me know. I've added CheapyD to Steam which I hope he doesn't mind.
Steam support are peons that have no power and don't know anything. They're probably pretending to be hardass because they don't know why it happened and aren't able to or are afraid to contact anyone at Valve.

Ideally, you'd need to speak to a real Valve employee (support are outsourced) but I admit short of me going over to Bellevue and knocking on their door I have no idea how to do that.

Meh I don't even give a shit about deluxe really (even though I paid a hefty $10 for that bundle) but those of us who got it bought it WAY earlier before he had a chance in hell of getting on Steam and nobody every heard of his games so would have been nice if he went to Groupees with the keys first but as long as we get them.

And we better get them...

I don't have the energy or care to fight over some crap soundtrack but if we don't get keys at all soon then :twoguns:
He finally sent me a deluxe key for Always Remember Me a few minutes ago.. took about 11 days but I got it. Yeah, if I hadn't paid $10 for that bundle, I probably wouldn't care anywhere near as much.

Scania Truck Driver is a weekly at 66% off. Tempted. It was apparently released between ETS1 and 2 and has some stuff not in 2.
Hmm, I wonder if it'll be incorporated in World of Trucks.

Check vs. Mate is what the ended up calling Battle vs. Chess in the US, right? Anybody tried it and/or has opinions?
Yes. It's trash. Each piece only has one unique battle. (Unlike BattleChess' each win/loss piece pairing battle being unique.) Bundle fodder or GTFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back