Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ehh, I love Assassin's Creed, but none of the games are "wildly" different from each other. They're all the exact same core game, just enhanced and with more features. Their naming/numbering convention is total nonsense.

Mobile/handheld games don't count.

If you're talking size...

DAO Ultimate is around 28 GB; while DA2 (without Legacy + Mark DLC) is around 7.97 GB here.

DAO (base-game) took me well over 100 hours, while DA2 was around 54 hours for me.

DAO was the much bigger and much more epic game, for sure.

Much better game, too.

No comparison.

I haven't played AC4: Black Flag yet...

...but in your opinion, did the whole "travel w/ ships" in a free-form style really change the game-play much from previous AC's?

Haven't played it yet either, but I honestly doubt it. Otherwise you'd be hearing a boatload (har har) of complaints and arguments about Assassin's Creed changing it up too much.

:D @ your wordplay and choice of words there.
Get a room you two. Just do it and get it over with already. We can't stand the sexual tension anymore!

I haven't played AC4: Black Flag yet...

...but in your opinion, did the whole "travel w/ ships" in a free-form style really change the game-play much from previous AC's?
Um want me to ask my console peasent cousin about that :)

AC4 changed the game a lot. I think it's a huge change for the better. Reminded me of Pirates of the Caribbean MMO's great ship battles. I didn't enjoy any of the previous AC games and I'm planning on owning 4 eventually (taking me longer than I thought to buy it)

I didn't enjoy any of the previous AC games
photo-thumb-306924.png

AC4 is very different and vastly superior to other titles in the series, methinks. Naval combat takes up a huge chunk of the game, and is much more enjoyable than any of the stealth missions you do while on land--not that the game is lacking in any way on those, they're as good as ever. It just expands on the universe in both gameplay and story in a fantastic manner. Even the AC: Pirates Android game is decent, as it includes swipe-controlled naval combat and adds to the canon.

One of my favorite things to do is troll the seven seas and defeat rogue slave ships while listening to my crew sing shanties. Had 30 hours put in before doing any of the story.

tumblr_lxcbldHbIi1qewp7po1_400.gif

P.S.: 74 of my cards sold in the past 12 hours. Is there something going on I'm too lazy to know about?

I like Steam trading cards, but the refilling booster packs are so hard to come by that it's just a money grab. I've only purchased cards with the credit I've gotten from selling duplicates. They could address that issue by maybe giving you an extra pack for hitting 25%/50%/100% of the achievements to give you a reason to actually play them and put more time into them.

P.S.: 74 of my cards sold in the past 12 hours. Is there something going on I'm too lazy to know about?
Cards always sell better on the weekend but that's weird. I've been trying to save up as much as I can but some of these games the cards are so cheap, it just seems more bother than it's worth.

I like Steam trading cards, but the refilling booster packs are so hard to come by that it's just a money grab. I've only purchased cards with the credit I've gotten from selling duplicates. They could address that issue by maybe giving you an extra pack for hitting 25%/50%/100% of the achievements to give you a reason to actually play them and put more time into them.
I think the system is working exactly the way they want. The booster packs exist not to ensure that everyone can craft a badge without buying anything; they exist to replace the ones taken out of circulation by people crafting badges. Also, not every STC game has achievements. Also, SAM.

Off-topic but game related:

Anybody been following Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist?  I'm leaning toward cautious optimism for the live action mini-series, but the first trailer looks pretty good.

http://youtu.be/99XiMYKsHl8

I think the system is working exactly the way they want. The booster packs exist not to ensure that everyone can craft a badge without buying anything; they exist to replace the ones taken out of circulation by people crafting badges. Also, not every STC game has achievements. Also, SAM.
Yeah, I acknowledged that it was designed purely as a money sink and a way to get people to use the market, which feeds on the worst aspects of free-to-play design. With the way that they've used it for some season sales, it would be a great promotional tool to get people to buy and play those games to entrench them further into the Steam ecosystem if they tweak how the booster packs work by adding more means of earning packs instead of just randomly handing them out when the rare person completes a set and crafts the badge. Right now, most people don't give a shit about completing those sets, but they certainly could benefit from making it a little easier while still asking for some work/time in exchange if people want to earn them for no extra money.

Cards always sell better on the weekend but that's weird. I've been trying to save up as much as I can but some of these games the cards are so cheap, it just seems more bother than it's worth.
Seems that way sometimes, but I idle during the day when I work and then list them all at once using enhanced steam in one window (chrome) and Steam open in the other. Doesn't take as long to list them that way.

Anyone want to play a few rounds of Killing Floor?
I know I'm a day late, but I'll be on for the next 3-4 hours and am down for a few rounds if you are on tonight.

I like them too. But I'm out of card drops and I haven't received a booster in a long time.

Luckily for me, I have friends who don't care for them.

nvyu9pf.png

Fired up Saints Row 3 for the first time in ages (Playfire rewards), and I'm immediately greeted with this.

YeY0CYC.jpg

I'm sorry I've been away for so long, SR3.

Off-topic but game related:

Anybody been following Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist? I'm leaning toward cautious optimism for the live action mini-series, but the first trailer looks pretty good.

http://youtu.be/99XiMYKsHl8
Does that have any relation to the Mortal Kombat: Rebirth/Legacy series? Or is Capcom just copying them because they're Capcom? :p

Off-topic talk about Penny Dreadful S1E1 (Showtime TV series - TVMA rating)....

[NO SPOILERS in the Spoiler-tags...]

Anybody who likes Gothic-horror, supernatural, and occult stuff check out Showtime's Penny Dreadful - Season 1, Ep 1 on Youtube yet?

First full episode's up on PD's Official Youtube for everyone...for now - probably to try and get more subscribers.

Nice promo, Showtime!

Debuts tonight on TV on Showtime, for Showtime subscribers.

Eva Green, Josh Hartnett, and Timothy Dalton are awesome in this, performance-wise.

Damn, I wish this was on HBO and Starz...

EDIT:

All this occult talk - maybe I should get to playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners, hehe.

Gotta finish the awesome Metro: Last Light first, though - some 6 hours into that.

Did that show start already?

Ah I see it starts tonight. No clue what it's about but I'm gonna check it out.

Hmm, you can't get Homefront on Steam? Or Origin. Or Amazon digital. Or Gamefly...

What the shit, Homefront is Steamworks and this eBay seller is selling a used copy of the game.

Nope. Been holding out on a <$20 Trilogy for my 360. Was tempted by $7.50 price at Gamersgate the other day, but held off. I caved after seeing it available for $5 in the Steam/Origin trading thread (I'm assuming by someone who bought a bunch and had 0 demand for it).
I could see them giving away the trilogy for free... They don't ever do sales on the DLC on the PC so they could earn it all back if allot of those suckers bought it.

Anyhow, its a 119* hours of awesomeness.... ruined by 1 hour of the absolute worst thought out ending to any game ever.

* That line is a little extreme... Their are games with far worse stories but nothing that come so far out of right field to just leave you shaken and destroyed inside. (Also the hours are wrong.. One "doing absolutely everything" play through of each is going to be over a 120 hours easily... The ending that ruins it all is likely only 30 minutes... Maybe even only 15. (It depends upon how much you mill about hoping to find some way out of the ending, *shrug* )

People complain about DAII being crap (and it was in many ways) but it was the above ending that had me lose all faith in Bioware... (Its obvious that Zeschuk and Muzyka were burned out by this point and simply didn't care what their people where doing.)

Did that show start already?

Ah I see it starts tonight. No clue what it's about but I'm gonna check it out.
Free Weekend has already been in progress (May 9th to 11th).

Penny Dreadful starts tonight on Showtime officially.

What the show's about:

PD stars Josh Harnett as an American gun-slinger in the Victorian era London. Jack The Ripper is running rampant; Dr. Frankenstein is conducting his experiments; and Dorian Grey is around. Timothy Dalton's character is recruiting an "Extraordinary League of Gentlemen" of sorts, to rescue and find his missing daughter. The show weaves together legends of vampires, Dracula, Jack The Ripper, Frankenstein, and other things - all into one violent, gruesome, dark, and dramatic plate.

IMHO - Dalton, Green, and Harnett give really good performances in S1E1.

Non-subscribers or subscribers - S1E1 is already up on the official PD channel's Youtube; and up on Showtime website's main page.

Catch it while you can, while free weekend's in progress - especially if you're not a Showtime subscriber.

Or, you check to see if the Free Weekend is up on your cable company - more details on Showtime's page.

FTFY. Maybe you should stop neglecting your other threads then? :p
I just updated the Android thread an hour ago, and I'll go mess with the CN thread because there's so much stuff to update it with...

I hate the expression "do me a solid" it always makes me think of having a poo..... Just me? no? hope not....
It much be awkward playing "Solid Snake" in Metal Gear...

I could see them giving away the trilogy for free... They don't ever do sales on the DLC on the PC so they could earn it all back if allot of those suckers bought it.
Maybe when they do the next EA "On The House" Promo, ME Trilogy will be. ;)

I could see a future where company's decide base-game's very-very cheap or free, but the damn DLC will be expensive.

I think it's interesting to see and hear things like what the next UT is attempting to do.

Anyhow, its a 119* hours of awesomeness.... ruined by 1 hour of the absolute worst thought out ending to any game ever.

* That line is a little extreme... Their are games with far worse stories but nothing that come so far out of right field to just leave you shaken and destroyed inside. (Also the hours are wrong.. One "doing absolutely everything" play through of each is going to be over a 120 hours easily... The ending that ruins it all is likely only 30 minutes... Maybe even only 15. (It depends upon how much you mill about hoping to find some way out of the ending, *shrug* )

People complain about DAII being crap (and it was in many ways) but it was the above ending that had me lose all faith in Bioware... (Its obvious that Zeschuk and Muzyka were burned out by this point and simply didn't care what their people where doing.)

I think the 1st time I really lost faith in BioWare was the original NWN1 base-game's SP Campaign. It was the most disappointed I'd have been in a game since FF8. NWN1's SP Campaign felt so haphazardly thrown together in so many ways, I don't know where to begin. Namely b/c the game was originally basically just gonna be a toolset - but, people complained so hard, they tossed one in anyways; and it showed. Plus, like DA2 - NWN1's strategy elements + party member customization from its previous titles (BG1+2) were so far removed, something felt VERY lacking and missing.

Of course, NWN1: Hordes redeemed BioWare for me; and hopefully DA:I will do the same. Only time will tell.

Again - DA2 was disappointing, but it wasn't the colossal disappointment for me that NWN1 base-game was. Maybe that's b/c NWN1 pretty much already set the stage for how dumbed-down and mainstreamed a game or spiritual successor could turn-out.

While I really dug the hell out of ME1+2+3, ME3's ending (before Extended Cut) was garbage. It still doesn't take away from how great I thought 98% or so of ME3 was. But, it certainly didn't leave things on a mind-blowing final note. For a series that we all spent so many hours w/ and we were told that there were going to be so many different permutations, we didn't get that. Far from it. I expected epic endings and prologues, even if it's just lots of different walls of text explaining what happened to certain characters and areas - basically, what you got when you finish DA:O base-game, BG2: TOB or NWN1: Hordes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back