Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda like a lot of people don't like people who game the system and screw it up for everyone else.

It was a pretty douchebag move to tell on everyone like that, but I'm not exactly shedding any tears for cheaters no longer being able to cheat.
How is it screwing anything up for anyone else? What proof do you have of this exactly? You seem to be so afraid that Greenmangaming is losing money from SAM users yet you don't know where they get the funds for these rewards from or that maybe they are okay with it if it promotes their Playfire service which otherwise really wasn't getting used and looked at.

I can see you complaining about people ruining it if something, you know, actually happened or if Greenman actually made some comment like 'Gee we are giving lots of money away and it's hurting our business' but none of that happened and it's all in your imagination.

Sorry but I just have to put that out there. You act like they are in such a desperate situation but there's no proof of that whatsoever and if they are so easily bankrupt then lots of people playing games could do it too. It's not like most of those achievements are that hard.

Depends. If I went into Wal-Mart today and bought a toaster today (made in chinia no doubt) and got 33 years out of it I would be pissed. I would rather have won powerball with those kind of odds. Their crap not meant to last so you have to buy a new one sooner than later.

Now if I would had gone into Wal-Mart 33 years ago today and bought a toaster I would only be mildly surprised if that toaster was still in use today.
Haha awesome and no kidding. My mom still has a plastic flashlight she's always carried in her purse for 30 years now, Dad has an air compressor from the 50s he still uses- made in USA. FU outsourcers

How is it screwing anything up for anyone else? What proof do you have of this exactly? You seem to be so afraid that Greenmangaming is losing money from SAM users yet you don't know where they get the funds for these rewards from or that may they are okay with it if it promotes their Playfire service which otherwise really wasn't getting used and looked at.

I can see you complaining about people ruining it if something, you know, actually happened or if Greenman actually made some comment like 'Gee we are giving lots of money away and it's hurting our business' but none of that happened and it's all in your imagination.

Sorry but I just have to put that out there. You act like they are in such a desperate situation but there's no proof of that whatsoever and if they are so easily bankrupt then lots of people playing games could do it too. It's not like most of those achievements are that hard.
Desperate? Not really. Proof? Nope.

It's common sense that if people continue to get credits for free, GMG is losing more and more money as time goes on. It's a beta, meaning none of what's going on right now is likely to be the same once it goes out of beta. Odds are that once the beta period is over, they'll take a look back on things adjust accordingly, whether that means those 50p rewards are now 20p, or removing the rewards program altogether.

I'm not worried about GMG's finances. What even gave you that impression? I just see what I said above as a good possibility, and SAMmers would be the primary reason for that to happen. If it doesn't? Cool. I still think SAMming rewards is a douchebag move towards people who enjoy the system. I've accumulated $26 credits over a couple months, legitimately, and I'd like the system to stay exactly how it is now so I can continue doing so. :)

It's not common sense it's you pulling it out of your ass for some imaginary and irrational fear that you might lose access to your rewards. They wouldn't do something that would so easily bankrupt them and like I said it's not hard to get those achievements and there's A LOT of people on Steam so obviously they know they would be giving a lot of money out SAM or no SAM.

*Edited to add:

I'm not worried about GMG's finances. What even gave you that impression?
"Idiotekque: tbh I hope they start banning everyone so the system can continue and not go down the tubes because they're losing too much money"

And yes I just quoted an IM. :p

It's not common sense it's you pulling it out of your ass for some imaginary and irrational fear that you might lose access to your rewards. They wouldn't do something that would so easily bankrupt them and like I said it's not hard to get those achievements and there's A LOT of people on Steam so obviously they know they would be giving a lot of money out SAM or no SAM.
Do you have any proof of this? Why are you so desperate to defend SAMmers?

Because he's one of them.
Oh I know, I'm just rustling his jimmies.

Really, it doesn't matter how I feel or what I think about it. I think it's a douchebag move, because there's a chance it may screw things up for others. Slim chance? Big chance? Doesn't matter, that's just my stance on things. Arguing about it and calling what I say "irrational fears" means nothing, since it's just an opinion.

If I went and reported everyone, I'd welcome all the bitching everyone could dish out, but I didn't, so I think I'm just about done with this little catfight.

Do you have any proof of this? Why are you so desperate to defend SAMmers?
I'm not desperate to defend anything. I'm not the one going around saying Greenmangaming is losing money based entirely on assumption.

If you are so worried that they are losing too much by giving out Playfire rewards then ask them. Clearly it's been going on for some time now and they are still around and I haven't head them complain about losing money. Until I hear otherwise I'm going to assume they they aren't "losing too much money".

Edited to add: And yes I realize you are being you and arguing just to argue and stir the shit.

97picy.jpg

It's a classic cop technique.

Catch someone, tell them someone snitched on them. They'll snitch on someone else in retaliation.

Don't you guys ever watch The First 48? 

It sounds like the people who've been caught and banned were fairly obviously using SAM. 

The cheevs and rewards were detected and credited in waves/batches. It's likely bans and cheat detection would be the same.

It's a classic cop technique.

Catch someone, tell them someone snitched on them. They'll snitch on someone else in retaliation.

Don't you guys ever watch The First 48?

It sounds like the people who've been caught and banned were fairly obviously using SAM.

The cheevs and rewards were detected and credited in waves/batches. It's likely bans and cheat detection would be the same.
you were the snitch weren't you

nobody likes a jimmie rustler
good-good-let-the-jimmies-rustle-through-you.png

I'm not desperate to defend anything. I'm not the one going around saying Greenmangaming is losing money based entirely on assumption.

If you are so worried that they are losing too much by giving out Playfire rewards then ask them. Clearly it's been going on for some time now and they are still around and I haven't heard them complain about losing money. Until I heard otherwise I'm going to assume they they aren't "losing too much money".
Not much of an assumption. I know at least one CAG here accumulated $50+ credit over a rather short amount of time, and bought a new release with that credit. Let's say it was... South Park Stick of Truth, and let's say he spent $55 on it (just making up this number). He buys it purely with credit that he got over the course of two months, so the purchase is free for him. GMG receives no money for the purchase, yet still has to pay Ubisoft whatever their cut of that price was.

Multiply that by hundreds, thousands, etc, and there's no "assumption" on whether or not GMG is losing money due to SAMmers.

Now the assumption is that they are losing a LOT of money, or ENOUGH money to warrant rethinking and changing the system. I won't argue that that part of things is completely speculation. Never have I said I'm positive they WILL change things due to lost profits, but upon the chance, whether it be likely or unlikely, I still think SAMming is a selfish, rude practice.

1) They're using it to promote their service so they may not consider it a loss.

2) You've played MMOs so you know there's a shit ton of people who can and do put a crazy amount of hours into playing games. It's not inconceivable that a large of amount of players putting in a good chunk of time to get the rewards by playing the games could see them giving out a lot of money.

3) You don't know where the money comes from. The publishers might kick some in or give some comp keys. They might have had some venture capitalists throw a crazy amount of money at them. Who knows?

You're working under an assumption that giving the money out is problem for them when they must have considered that there are a lot of people on Steam and obviously a lot of people that would be interested in something for free when planning this ongoing promotion. It also has been running for months and has not seem to have caused them any problems so far.

1) They're using it to promote their service so they may not consider it a loss

2) You've played MMOs so you know there's a shit ton of people who can and do put a crazy amount of hours into playing games. It's not inconceivable that a large of amount of players putting in a good chunk of time to get the rewards by playing the games could see them giving out a lot of money.

3) You don't know where the money comes from. The publishers might kick some in or give some comp keys. They might have had some venture capitalists throw a crazy amount of money at them. Who knows?

You're working under an assumption that giving the money out is problem for them when they must have considered that there are a lot of people on Steam and obviously a lot of people that would be interested in something for free when planning this ongoing promotion.
1) True, though that is also an assumption on your part.

2) True.

3) True, and this is also an assumption on your part.

Is this argument going anywhere?

you were the snitch weren't you
No way Jose.

I don't think anyone's snitched on anyone. There's no need. Some people admitted they went all in for broke and activated all the reward cheevs at once. They made a killing for a while and then got caught.

Has anyone been banned that wasn't using SAM or at least using it sneakily? I've only heard of people that were just trying to claim the lot at once.

Free Euro Truck Simulator 2 DLC - Metallic Paint Jobs Pack for registering at their site.
You must own Euro Truck Simulator 2 already to obtain the DLC though...

Edit: tyfreak'd

No way Jose.

I don't think anyone's snitched on anyone. There's no need. Some people admitted they went all in for broke and activated all the reward cheevs at once. They made a killing for a while and then got caught.

Has anyone been banned that wasn't using SAM or at least using it sneakily? I've only heard of people that were just trying to claim the lot at once.
Motoki used it very sneakily.

1) True, though that is also an assumption on your part.

2) True.

3) True, and this is also an assumption on your part.

Is this argument going anywhere?
No.

And one other thing and then I'm calling it a night.

Sometimes doing things that seem counter intuitive or like you are losing out in the short term ultimately make sense for the big picture if it might get you where you want to be. Even some indie developers get this when they promise free copies of their game for votes on Greenlight because getting on to Steam means more exposure and hopefully many more sales.

No.

And one other thing and then I'm calling it a night.

Sometimes doing things that seem counter intuitive or like you are losing out in the short term ultimately make sense for the big picture if it might get you where you want to be. Even some indie developers get this when they promise free copies of their game for votes on Greenlight because getting on to Steam means more exposure and hopefully many more sales.
Yup, very possible. I see both possibilities as... being possible, and the bad possibility is why I dislike the practice of SAMming rewards and would rather people not do so. I'm not gonna report them if they do (looks like someone already did), I've just stated and explained why I think it's an asshole move, lol.

No way Jose.

wutevar. your friendly cat hitler mug cant fool me

username of the year 2014
This year or any year... :) (And of course Modest pulls off the double whammy with also having the most appropriate forum avatar ever.)

Doesn't seem like it, but Bruticus mentioned that support told him that he was reported by someone, and since I was banned around the same time, I'd wager the same thing happened to me. Someone from cag is a right cunt, if true.
It was me! I got tired of wading through the GMG thread which was nothing but playfire rewards talk... (Not really, I just wrote it off like the Amazon thread and stopped following it. *shrug* )

Actually, I bet it was Bobby... He's just trying to get you all to fallow/like his achievement guides... :bouncy:

He doesn't post most at all so I doubt it. Anyone looking at his daily achievements earned could easily see he was using SAM, but if it was someone on his friends list that's stooping pretty low.
That's what it has to be though. I couldn't find him mentioning it at all on the forum. I was looking to see if I could find the people banned so far mentioning it or talking about it in close proximity, but doesn't look like it.
I don't want to be the guy breaking up an angry internet pitchfork carrying mob... but I feel this probably proves more that its not a CAG and that GMG/Playfire are getting their shit together... And if I was a company getting my shit together I sure as hell wouldn't advertise it and blow my chance of catching more people in the act...

(Instead I would simply tell people that someone reported them if they showed up asking.)

I don't want to be the guy breaking up an angry internet pitchfork carrying mob... but I feel this probably proves more that its not a CAG and that GMG/Playfire are getting their shit together... And if I was a company getting my shit together I sure as hell wouldn't advertise it and blow my chance of catching more people in the act...

(Instead I would simply tell people that someone reported them if they showed up asking.)
We found the snitch :D/

You all know what to do next :twisted:

:fridge:

Do we have to wear the cat ears and red contact lenses while we do it? I have a pretty serious phobia about things in my eyes, and the ears just look silly.
Red tinted sunglasses will do. And given your avatar I call BS on you having issues with cat ears, tails, and general cosplay tomfoolery.

I'm still 14 pages behind in this thread, but since it's The Done Thing I'd like dibs on drabelincoln. The rest of you are all so bloody needy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back