Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, Agarest, another tatical RPG that I'd probably try if the $10,000,000 in DLC didn't scare me off.

Ah, Agarest, another tatical RPG that I'd probably try if the $10,000,000 in DLC didn't scare me off.
The DLC should be avoided, I think they're all basically cheats that either unlock things early that you can obtain through the game normally or items that make the game easier. Even if I owned the DLC, I'd disable it. At the current price, it's probably worth buying after selling off the cards.

Has anybody here actually played Agarest? It looks somewhat good but it also seems like it could be another in the wave of generic weeb games Steam has added of late.
Posted about it when it was on sale on the Google Play store.

"Record of Agarest War is actually pretty solid. I've had it on Xbox for a long time. Word of warning though, while it has great graphics, nice characters, solid gameplay, and a lot of depth, it's EXTREMELY tedious and repetitive. Okay, say you want to get from one town to another, or from one area that advances the story to another... well, you're going to have to move across five or so map nodes to get there, and each one is going to be a generic battle that doesn't advance the plot at all, on every single map node. And these battles are full of enemies, full scale, and take a fair bit to complete. And when you get to certain places that have you walk around and find stuff and whatnot, there are random battles like your typical RPG. Unfortunately this is not the kind of game for that... because battles are far too long, so these areas are even more annoying.

The game is BIG, and epic, and it spans literal generations of your hero's lineage, since you're courting a girl as each character you play as, and depending on how strong your relationship with her is at the end of that hero's generation, the son you have with the girl you choose will have bonus stats or something, and he's your hero in the next generation. It's a cool game, but unfortunately like I said above, it's just the epitome of grindy. Way, way too many battles, and the combat system relies heavily on positioning your party members in a certain way so when you attack with one, a link attack occurs and everyone in the formation attacks too. This gets really repetitive as well, and makes the never-ending chain of seemingly meaningless battles too similar to each other and just... boring.

Still... it's worth playing. It's unique, deep, and it has waifus."

I was reading about Ubisoft saying that Watchdogs is CPU dependent and won't start with less than 6GB of ram. I hope my i5 3570k is strong enough.

Shit my CPU is not strong enough to max the game, it needs 9000+ passmark score they say.

It is all cheat DLC, but from what I have read the game is really grindy, and some people have suggested using certain DLC for making the game less grindy. (ie, the repetitive crappy battle are won much faster)

Argarest = tedious gindy weeaboo waifu fan service with DLC that sort of takes a page from EA And SWTOR. It's not Pay to win, it's pay to have the game be less of a pain in the ass.

The port is also somewhat flakey for some people. A good bit of people have sound skipping and stuttering and they've known about it since release and never bothered to fix it. It was on their list of known issues and then suddenly after a fix weeks I guess they couldn't fix it so they just started ignoring it.

I will say it's one of those things where some people notice it and it really bothers them, some notice it a little but it doesn't bother them and some just don't seem to notice it at all. Unfortunately I am in that finicky first category and I just can't play the game with that sound stuttering. I know it's them and their port too because I own a kajillion games and no other one does that.

Argarest = tedious gindy weeaboo waifu fan service with DLC that sort of takes a page from EA And SWTOR. It's not Pay to win, it's pay to have the game be less of a pain in the ass.

The port is also somewhat flakey for some people. A good bit of people have sound skipping and stuttering and they've known about it since release and never bothered to fix it. It was on their list of known issues and then suddenly after a fix weeks I guess they couldn't fix it so they just started ignoring it.

I will say it's one of those things where some people notice it and it really bothers them, some notice it a little but it doesn't bother them and some just don't seem to notice it at all. Unfortunately I am in that finicky first category and I just can't play the game with that sound stuttering. I know it's them and their port too because I own a kajillion games and no other one does that.
so you liked the game, then?

Went ahead and grabbed it for two keys, so it came out to like $4.76 total. Cards are $0.50-75 now and I'd expect them to rebound a bit later on, so that's good enough for me.

For all it's faults, it's a very deep, well made game.

so you liked the game, then?
I wanted to. I guess I want JRPGs on Steam but a different kind of JRPG. Something like Xenoblade, or an HD remake of Chrono Cross or something. I'm sure it has it's fans but this is just bleh to me.

i dont know what to believe
Well the gap between the waifus cleavages are deep, so yes it's deep.

But I'm an evil amoralistic SAM cheater, or so says the person who tried to buy a game on Uplay for an 18 cent price mistake by using a Russian VPN, so don't believe me.

This is the end of days. First the bundles are bad, the deals dry up, next the summer sale will suck. It's just a matter of time till we're all launched out of cannons into disparate corners of the earth with crappy internet. After losing tebowdragon spanking party which is now gone FU mods.
FTFY

i blame mysterd for not being on steam jerkhole he makes me mad for being offlien go lick ur eggo mysterd
Go blame this guy:

wjSW76e.png

i dont know what to believe
Agarest is the JRPG version of Leisure Suit Larry. The whole point is for it to be as sexually-themed as possible. The whole series is like that. Might as well play some weaboo eroge if all you're going to get out of the boring and repetitive battles are a few drawings of scantily-clad anime chicks.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKZlCUgd5HM[/youtube]

I wanted to. I guess I want JRPGs on Steam but a different kind of JRPG. Something like Xenoblade, or an HD remake of Chrono Cross or something. I'm sure it has it's fans but this is just bleh to me.

But I'm an evil amoralistic SAM cheater, or so says the person who tried to buy a game on Uplay for an 18 cent price mistake by using a Russian VPN, so don't believe me.
You've slipped into "Argue about everything for no reason" mode, I see.

I hate repeating myself, but again, I disliked Playfire SAMmers for the chance of them screwing up the system (yes, yes, I know, this fear came forth from the depths of my netherparts). Using a proxy (not a VPN, not that it matters) to buy a price mistake doesn't "mess anything up" for others, since it's a pricing error and will be corrected either way, so the two are apples and oranges.

Arguing morals on a site full of people scrounging for the best deals is silly. I don't claim to have some higher morals, and I couldn't care less what morals you, or anyone here have. No point to that.

Posted about it when it was on sale on the Google Play store.

"Record of Agarest War is actually pretty solid. I've had it on Xbox for a long time. Word of warning though, while it has great graphics, nice characters, solid gameplay, and a lot of depth, it's EXTREMELY tedious and repetitive. Okay, say you want to get from one town to another, or from one area that advances the story to another... well, you're going to have to move across five or so map nodes to get there, and each one is going to be a generic battle that doesn't advance the plot at all, on every single map node. And these battles are full of enemies, full scale, and take a fair bit to complete. And when you get to certain places that have you walk around and find stuff and whatnot, there are random battles like your typical RPG. Unfortunately this is not the kind of game for that... because battles are far too long, so these areas are even more annoying.

The game is BIG, and epic, and it spans literal generations of your hero's lineage, since you're courting a girl as each character you play as, and depending on how strong your relationship with her is at the end of that hero's generation, the son you have with the girl you choose will have bonus stats or something, and he's your hero in the next generation. It's a cool game, but unfortunately like I said above, it's just the epitome of grindy. Way, way too many battles, and the combat system relies heavily on positioning your party members in a certain way so when you attack with one, a link attack occurs and everyone in the formation attacks too. This gets really repetitive as well, and makes the never-ending chain of seemingly meaningless battles too similar to each other and just... boring.

Still... it's worth playing. It's unique, deep, and it has waifus."
The way you say it it almost sounds like Fire Emblem. Guess I might pick it up after all, backlog be damned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyAjTCDdvVg
why do you keep doing things like this

Agarest is the JRPG version of Leisure Suit Larry. The whole point is for it to be as sexually-themed as possible. The whole series is like that. Might as well play some weaboo eroge if all you're going to get out of the boring and repetitive battles are a few drawings of scantily-clad anime chicks.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKZlCUgd5HM[/youtube]
yeah no thanks

You've slipped into "Argue about everything for no reason" mode, I see.

I hate repeating myself, but again, I disliked Playfire SAMmers for the chance of them screwing up the system (yes, yes, I know, this fear came forth from the depths of my netherparts). Using a proxy (not a VPN, not that it matters) to buy a price mistake doesn't "mess anything up" for others, since it's a pricing error and will be corrected either way, so the two are apples and oranges.

Arguing morals on a site full of people scrounging for the best deals is silly. I don't claim to have some higher morals, and I couldn't care less what morals you, or anyone here have. No point to that.
just face the facts and accept that you guys belong together

I'm sure single player, or a simple private server between a few friends exploring the world would be funner than what almost every server online is, but in all the time I played it all I can say is that it feels very dated, the combat is fairly awful, etc. I see the appeal of it to some, but having played Terraria, I simply feel that Terraria does everything Minecraft does, but better. No, you don't get those massive servers full of tons of people and game modes, but you don't need them. 2D or not, Terraria is massive, combat is excellent for what it is, the crafting is much more complex than Minecraft (I've even read as much), and all in all it just feels like a better, more coherent and fun game.
Oh yeah, I don't play any of those goofy mods. I guess I was just talking about regular mine/build Minecraft with other players. NeoGAF has a pretty cool world that they've collectively created and there are many more like that.

I like Terraria too, but the one thing that Minecraft does much better is scale. The worlds are technically infinite (though they do corrupt at a certain point) and there's a certain thrill to be being able to craft a world to your own specifications and then enter it and master it. They each have their own place and I'd say any Minecraft mod that tries to be like Terraria would be missing the point of Minecraft.

I was reading about Ubisoft saying that Watchdogs is CPU dependent and won't start with less than 6GB of ram. I hope my i5 3570k is strong enough.

Shit my CPU is not strong enough to max the game, it needs 9000+ passmark score they say.
Bummer, I have an i5-3570k too which scores a 7178. One would need an i7-3820 or better to be at the 9000 level.

Bummer, I have an i5-3570k too which scores a 7178. One would need an i7-3820 or better to be at the 9000 level.
Maybe we can still play it maxed at 30 or 40fps or make some other compromise... If it meant maxed out graphics and features I would settle for a stable 30.

It's a good thing these prices are too rich for my blood--and I never owned anything Nintendo-branded in my life--otherwise I'd have to care about all of this Agarest talk.

So.. the QUBE Director's Cut isn't free to previous owners. It's unlocked on the store now, and the dev made a thread for it. He's not honoring his last post from July about it going to be free. Previous owners get a 50% off discount..

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239430/discussions/0/522728000914519572/#p1
He's also removed the original from the store, though you can still buy the soundtrack/DLC for the original.

It's on sale for non-owners for 15% off ($8.49), and on sale for owners of the original for 50% off ($4.99)

Credit for all this info goes to Spoder.

So.. the QUBE Director's Cut isn't free to previous owners. It's unlocked on the store now, and the dev made a thread for it. He's not honoring his last post from July about it going to be free. Previous owners get a 50% off discount..

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239430/discussions/0/522728000914519572/#p1
Tool.

Did you make that yourself? :shock:

I don't think Agarest has anything to do with Nintendo...
That's not what the kids that had consoles when they were growing up played these "awesome" JRPGs on?

Tool.

That's not what the kids that had consoles when they were growing up played these "awesome" JRPGs on?
I'm pretty sure Phantasy Star and Shining Force were on Sega consoles. Agarest from what I've played so far is more like Shining Force than Final Fantasy. Yes I've played Tactics and I stand by my statement.

I have a crapton of (unplayed) JRPGs for PS2, so throw Sony in there too. Warren is just flaunting his disdain for the revolting console peasantry.

:gpcgmr:

I have a crapton of (unplayed) JRPGs for PS2, so throw Sony in there too. Warren is just flaunting his disdain for the revolting console peasantry.subgenre that is "JRPGs."

Seriously, they look terrible and they always have. I own Ni No Kuni, but that's just because it's a Studio Ghibli thing. Most of the rest of these things look terrible in both a graphical and gameplay sense.

:gpcgmr:
I always thought that consoles were inferior to PCs for gaming purposes, and for the most part, that remains true, but it was much more so prior to the XBOX 360-PS3 era. I still think Nintendo consoles are primarily for people with kids or people who are kids.

I always thought that consoles were inferior to PCs for gaming purposes, and for the most part, that remains true, but it was much more so prior to the XBOX 360-PS3 era. I still think Nintendo consoles are primarily for people with kids or people who are kids.
Complete and utter bunk. Sorry, but you sound completely ignorant of consoles, so I am not sure why you would even bother making such a comment. I'd put the SNES/PS1 era of console RPGs as some of the best around, and clearly superior to anything on the PC until the introduction of Baldur's Gate and Planescape.

Complete and utter bunk. Sorry, but you sound completely ignorant of consoles, so I am not sure why you would even bother making such a comment. I'd put the SNES/PS1 era of console RPGs as some of the best around, and clearly superior to anything on the PC until the introduction of Ultima 7 and the revolution of graphic adventure games.
ftfy

My last consoles were SNES and Genesis/MegaDrive, I treasure those days and still play some games through emulators. I liked the PS1, but didn't want it over PC, so didn't bought it.

My kids have a Wii, and I must say the Nintendo games are still fantastic: Mario, Zelda, Metroid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back