Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently it's CPU intensive... which is just a nice way of saying it's poorly optimized.  You shouldn't need an i7 to run this game smoothly with a 770.

{thinks an upgrade might have to happen on my PC w/ the way things are sounding w/ AC4 PC + Watch Dogs PC}

{burns his toast}

{cries some more}

I managed to play Black Flag fine with good settings once I forced triple buffering, there is something very wrong with textures in Watch Dogs. People with top of the line setups (not me) and they have to put textures to minimum to eliminate stuttering, it ain't right!
Even on the Xbox One it had some... technical difficulties. I'm staying far away from that game (same as any AAA new release) until the shit it patched out of it. I don't know why anyone would want to pay extra to play an unpatched, unoptimized game.

Just wait for Maxwell architecture.
tve54-19660219-133.jpg

I don't know why anyone would want to pay extra to play an unpatched, unoptimized game.
Early Access
I was thinking that too. Hell,now it it even has a formal name and is legitimized.

if only you could steer clear of shitty console ports
I was going to comment that he could try indie games or the other 99% of games out there that aren't the lowest common denominator AAA console port stuff but then I remembered this was MysterD so why bother.

That's it, I'm giving up on Watch Dogs til they patch this shit. I can't run it with a steady fps unless I turn textures to the lowest setting, which is "Medium" and limit the game to 30fps. And even then, it still gets sluggish when I drive or just at random times. I was in denial but I'm ready to admit it, this game is in a sorry state.

At least I have Battleheart Legacy to play in the meantime, game of the year!
This is pretty funny to hear from someone who said Watch Dogs was the best thing ever the other day. :p

Glad ya came to your senses.

I was thinking that too. Hell,now it it even has a formal name and is legitimized.
I dunno, I guess I actually think before buying games? And don't get swept up in a bunch of hype that really means nothing when the game comes out?

I'll admit there are occasions where I want a game on launch, true. That was the case with Borderlands 2, which I got for $36 or something on launch. But see, Gearbox puts out solid games that aren't fraught with shit like Ubi games are (let's just ignore ACM, since that was a more complicated scenario), and Borderlands 2 launched without a hitch. I'll probably buy Destiny on launch too (regardless of what platform it comes out for) because... Bungie puts out solid, non-buggy games.

Ubi is just too sketchy in that area. I don't trust them with my money that quick. I recently bought one of my first early access games INTENTIONALLY (we all know how many of them there are in bundles) at a fairly high price when I bought Starbound for $11.25 (with Playfire credit, but I digress). Why? Because I did my research, and I know that while it has some flaws and is unfinished, the game that is there right now is still REALLY impressive. 6 hours or so later? Yeah, it's really impressive, and I'm not regretting my purchase.

I recently bought one of my first early access games INTENTIONALLY (we all know how many of them there are in bundles) at a fairly high price when I bought Starbound for $11.25 (with Playfire credit, but I digress). Why? Because I did my research, and I know that while it has some flaws and is unfinished, the game that is there right now is still REALLY impressive. 6 hours or so later? Yeah, it's really impressive, and I'm not regretting my purchase.
I don't think they've done any for a while and they may not again for all I know but they have done wipes in the past so just FYI don't get too attached to anything just in case.

I don't think they've done any for a while and they may not again for all I know but they have done wipes in the past so just FYI don't get too attached to anything just in case.
Of Starbound? Save files are stored locally, so I could always just back them up I'd imagine. The game is really far along from what I can tell, so that would be very odd for them to do at this point. It's a beta, not an alpha.

Of Starbound? Save files are stored locally, so I could always just back them up I'd imagine. The game is really far along from what I can tell, so that would be very odd for them to do at this point. It's a beta, not an alpha.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/28/starbound-wipes-out-character-wipes-with-huge-update/

My sister actually called me about it because my 10 year old nephew was really upset that his character and everything he built was gone. He didn't really understand the whole Early Access thing and I don't think my sister really did when she bought it for him either. He just saw a video on Youtube about it and asked for it and she bought it.

I don't think mainstream people who aren't really into games get the whole Early Access thing. They just think they are buying a game on the store. Valve's description doesn't help either, it just has vague flowery language about helping developers and kumbaya sort of stuff.

Anyway it hasn't happened for a while AFAIK and may not ever happen again but it's a possibility.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/28/starbound-wipes-out-character-wipes-with-huge-update/

My sister actually called me about it because my 10 year old nephew was really upset that his character and everything he built was gone. He didn't really understand the whole Early Access thing and I don't think my sister really did when she bought it for him either. He just saw a video on Youtube about it and asked for it and she bought it.

I don't think mainstream people who aren't really into games get the whole Early Access thing. They just think they are buying a game on the store. Valve's description doesn't help either, it just has vague flowery language about helping developers and kumbaya sort of stuff.

Anyway it hasn't happened for a while AFAIK and may not ever happen again but it's a possibility.
Huh, well thanks for the heads up. Had no idea.

For you guys going EWW COOTIES over Backstage Pass it plays similar to Magical Diary and I know several people here like that game.

Admittedly that song is cheesy as all hell and the game is girly but if you can look past that it's a well made visual novel / dating sim that you can tell a lot of effort was put into.

Besides, after playing Sparkle Ponies and Long Living Queens and Coconut Queens being fed succulent fruits by brawny gents (okay I did instigate that last one) and I don't most of us here can claim gaming masculinity anymore.

Personally if I were Sake Visual I would have done the Jisei trilogy as the first Steam release since I think a murder mystery is a bit more mainstream, but for some reason she wanted to do her new game first. It's not for everyone but it's well made for what it is.
As a man who is currently drinking a cup of apple vanilla hibiscus tea...

I have never played Sparkle Ponies, Long Living Queens, or Coconut Queens, and I don't think I want to play a game that's similar to a game called "Magical Diary."

But to each their own.

Secret of the Magic Crystals, on the other hand...now there's a manly game!

I recently bought one of my first early access games INTENTIONALLY (we all know how many of them there are in bundles) at a fairly high price when I bought Starbound for $11.25 (with Playfire credit, but I digress). Why? Because I did my research, and I know that while it has some flaws and is unfinished, the game that is there right now is still REALLY impressive. 6 hours or so later? Yeah, it's really impressive, and I'm not regretting my purchase.
I did that with Prison Architect awhile ago and haven't been disappointed. Introversion has become the poster child of proper Early Access imo, even if I guess they had a pretty rocky start (the game was a big mess according to people, and was priced pretty high which has pissed some people off now that they put it on sale all the time). Starbound is one I want to get at some point, Only regret is Rust, which is more because I'm not big on that type of game but got it as friends were playing it (and still feel dumb for buying it at full price, when I knew I'd probably hate it).

Since I doubt many of you are subscribed to the Steam Group Buys thread, here you go:

For the people wanting to get Payday 2, might want to hold off until 06/24/2014. On Best Buy's website, there is a preorder for Payday 2: The Ultimate Steal Edition for $14.99. It looks like it includes the base game and the DLC. Not sure if all or only certain DLCs are included since the description does not say, but the picture of the product says "DLC Bundle"

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/payday-2-the-ultimate-steal-edition-windows/5911653.p?id=1219171880376&skuId=5911653&st=pre-order-titles-123276&lp=18&cp=1
Basically, don't buy Payday 2 this weekend unless you don't care about DLC.

That would suck if it's PS4 only. That looks pretty badass.
I think when screenshots were first leaked from that game, rumors pinned Sony as a publisher, so people were speculating Demons Souls 2.

Not like there's a difference.
Hope it's not Sony exclusive, although if I were forced to bet on a horse in the console race, they'd be my favorite. I could actually see it being true though. I remember reading someone from Sony saying they regretted passing on publishing Demon's Souls in the US after the series became an unexpected hit. They need some big exclusives, so why not chuck a few million From's way and get a new exclusive Souls games? Ugh, hope that's not the case though, for real.

They should have just skipped DS2 and focused on that game. Seems like a much worthier successor to DS.
How can you tell from four short gifs? :p Nah, but I was satisfied with Dark Souls 2. FakeCAG'd it with GMG funny money and have logged just over 100 hours with two characters. It's more of a full length expansion than a full sequel but it's fine for what it is. That said this game will almost certainly be better, coming from the original dev team and director.

Since I doubt many of you are subscribed to the Steam Group Buys thread, here you go:

Wait a minute - who the hell in the 1st place would buy Payday 2 (base-game) at 67% off?

That ain't CAG percentages!

Hope it's not Sony exclusive, although if I were forced to bet on a horse in the console race, they'd be my favorite. I could actually see it being true though. I remember reading someone from Sony saying they regretted passing on publishing Demon's Souls in the US after the series became an unexpected hit. They need some big exclusives, so why not chuck a few million From's way and get a new exclusive Souls games? Ugh, hope that's not the case though, for real.
i read somewhere that the game is being developed with sony's japan studio, which is the one that did demon's souls...so early signs point to an exclusive, possibly demon's souls 2. or maybe an altogether new souls universe.

and yes, this would probably convince me to get a ps4.

Ha. Dammit. I got the game for free with my video card thanks to an XFX rep who helped me out. I'm grateful (can't beat free) but I still have $10 of DLC to buy...)

This is also a pretty strange thing... the whole game, on a -card-? I wonder if it'll be like Steam wallet cards where you have to activate the code by scanning it through the register first. If not people could just live out the game by going in and stealing all those vouchers. :p

Ha. Dammit. I got the game for free with my video card thanks to an XFX rep who helped me out. I'm grateful (can't beat free) but I still have $10 of DLC to buy...)

This is also a pretty strange thing... the whole game, on a -card-? I wonder if it'll be like Steam wallet cards where you have to activate the code by scanning it through the register first. If not people could just live out the game by going in and stealing all those vouchers. :p
I imagine that's why the game's on sale in the first place, even though we had a Payday 2 Free Weekend not too long ago.

Sneaky move is sneaky.

Starbound Wipes:

Supposedly one of the big updates after Christmas removed the need for them to do character and world wipes. Of course there's no guarantee of that holding true. I haven't played since then because dicking around with Hamachi was a hassle, so I haven't kept up on any wipe details.

I guess most of you would already have this, but is there anyone who wants To the Moon? I'll send a humble gift link.

Edit: Taken

I remember back when games were first using SM2.0 and my GF2 MX 400 couldn't run certain games (like PoP: Sands of Time and Deus Ex: IW) b/c SM2.0 was forced. I hate to skip those games, until I bought a better PC and had a new vid-card.

I think GeForce 3 were the first NVidia cards supporting SM2.0, back in the old days.
LuLz, I remember getting Invisible War new at launch, and not being able to run it for a good 1.5 - 2 years later. I thoroughly enjoyed it at some point after it was in the bargain bin. I can't remember what card I had, that could finally pull it off.

I remember playing DX1 on this PC:

Intel P4 2.8C (800mhz fsb), AOpen i875P chipset, Gainward Ultra 750 128mb (agp 8x), 1024mb of PC3200, hitachi 120GB.

However, I think the PC I played IW on was a: P4 550 3.4ghz (water cooled and OC'd), and GPU was either an ATI x800XT-PE or maybe even a BFG 6800XT Ultra (had both).

This is pretty funny to hear from someone who said Watch Dogs was the best thing ever the other day. :p

Glad ya came to your senses.
I didn't mean it literally, they weren't even my words. O:)

I've been hearing of more people having trouble with Nvidia cards than with AMD cards which is sort of ironic, I suppose. Plays fine on my 3gb Radeon 7950 (high settings).
Yeah, it sounds like most likely it's the 3GB of vram on those cards. Although there are people with 4GB Nvidia cards still having stuttering and shit so who knows? Nvidia better be getting a refund from Ubisoft, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back