Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So apparently Selknam Defense by Bad Games (no really, that's the developer's name) got yanked from Desura and they also yanked it from Greenlight. It was in the Indie Royale Debut 12 bundle and the page now shows "invite only" even for owners of the game.

Someone on Reddit wrote Desura and they had no clue and were checking into it. Then the developers replied back with some vague statement about how they are improving the game or some such.

http://se.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/26t0pu/q_anyone_else_have_selknam_defense_removed_from/

The game now is hidden by the moment.

Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. The game will be added again in a couple weeks with a new heavy update.

As a programmer now I'm working hard on this.

Please be patient, the game will be on air again.

Thanks!
I guess this person doesn't get that people don't really take kindly to having games removed from their accounts and that he can just leave the not yet updated version up until he updates. Also not sure why he felt he needed to take the Greenlight page down too unless he's totally revamping the game, like to add zombies.

Apparently you can still download it if you go through the Desura client though.

*Edited to add their About us from their page because I just had to.

http://www.bad-games.com/

About us

We are a team of videogame developers with huge experience in the field. We focuse in good quality of technological development and also in good artistic taste that our products must have. In the past we have contributed in successful projects for PC and Consoles, wich is why we are today prepared to satisfy the highest demands from players.

Contact us

Do you have any projects for us?

email [email protected]

Maybe it means bad, like intimidating. Intimidating Games, yeah?
Maybe it means they're

41Gsl8qJpbL.jpg

Not related to Steam or gaming at all but LeVar Burton's Kickstarter to get Reading Rainbow free into schools for underprivileged kids (or whatnot) has made $2 million in like... a day. They were hoping for a million over a month but people obviously love Geordi. For $3,500 you can have dinner with him!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/readingrainbow/bring-reading-rainbow-back-for-every-child-everywh
Some of the pictures on that Kickstarter page are creepy as fuck.

The trading thread used to be great when only the good foreign sellers had lovely distinctive orange colored lists, now every damn fool in there has one and it's more hassle to pick out the interesting shit.

The trading thread used to be great when only the good foreign sellers had lovely distinctive orange colored lists, now every damn fool in there has one and it's more hassle to pick out the interesting shit.
I remember when I was able to buy all manner of bundles, regardless of their age, for relatively low markup from sellers here. Those were the days...

I find everytime I go there that I'm looking at the same bundle games being posted by the same sellers every 3 hours or so. If you have keys left from bundles that happened over a year ago, maybe it's time to give them away. Hell, I give mine away if I don't sell them in a week just because I'm too lazy to keep track.

I find everytime I go there that I'm looking at the same bundle games being posted by the same sellers every 3 hours or so. If you have keys left from bundles that happened over a year ago, maybe it's time to give them away. Hell, I give mine away if I don't sell them in a week just because I'm too lazy to keep track.
I just skip through to the foreign sellers. There's not really anything I want right now so I don't visit the thread much any more. Next time there's a State of Decay or Rayman deal I'll be in there.

Couldn't you have settled for "it's not everyone's cup of tea"? I find it hard to imagine Mooby ever playing a game like this, no matter how much I'd love to watch him do so.
Sure, but shouldn't we be encouraged to discuss things we're passionate about, ESPECIALLY game genres people might be ignorant about? Obviously dude likes these types of games, and if he's made at least 1 person get interested in the genre, then good for them. I mean it's fine if everyone kept to themselves about what type of games they like, but isn't the beauty of forums like these the opportunity to share with others things previously unknown to them?

/end strawman rant

Sure, but shouldn't we be encouraged to discuss things we're passionate about, ESPECIALLY game genres people might be ignorant about? Obviously dude likes these types of games, and if he's made at least 1 person get interested in the genre, then good for them. I mean it's fine if everyone kept to themselves about what type of games they like, but isn't the beauty of forums like these the opportunity to share with others things previously unknown to them?

/end strawman rant
Nope, you're wrong and you should feel bad because you don't have the same exact opinion as someone else.

Well, I finally did it.  I just got my 1000th game.  Which game did I pick to mark this epic occasion?  I thought I would choose a game that embodies the long and tedious journey to 1000.  I chose Air Control for that momentous occasion.  Thanks to everyone here that got me to this point.  Achievement unlocked.

Just caught up with the thread.

Seriously, thankyou to Bobby and everybody else that point out about Payday 2. I was about to ask around for group buys, now it seems I'm better to hold off.

I played a bit of Payday 2 last night. It's pretty much what I wanted. Like Payday, but more. I played a fair bit of the former, but never anything hardcore. It's just a fun game to drop into for half an hour. I must've robbed that bank about thirty times by now.

:whee:

Not related to Steam or gaming at all but LeVar Burton's Kickstarter to get Reading Rainbow free into schools for underprivileged kids (or whatnot) has made $2 million in like... a day. They were hoping for a million over a month but people obviously love Geordi. For $3,500 you can have dinner with him!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/readingrainbow/bring-reading-rainbow-back-for-every-child-everywh
Not sure why anybody would want dinner with him. If you ever saw Star Trek TNG you'd know how fuck ing awkward Geordi can be socially (how many dates did he have in 7 years? 1?). Not to mention I don't want him spewing technobabble in my face.

Have they fixed the fact that you can play the game for weeks and months on end and never get a scope for a gun you use? Grinding ain't fun. Grinding for a random chance at something you need is doubly unfun. The game has potential, but that douche they hired from EA is doing his best to make it like Battlefield/Call of Doodie.

If anyone still needs Where is my Heart I ended up with a copy from Carl and then won a copy from him through Steam Gifts later.  PM me and I will send you the Steam key.

Edited:  Gone!

I still have some games left over. If you already requested a game yesterday, go ahead and request one more. If somebody else who didn't get a game yet asks for the same one by the end of the day, though, I'm going to give it to them...whatever I don't get rid of today is going back in the cesspool:

Cave Story+ 
Dear Esther
Little Inferno
Thomas Was Alone

I just skip through to the foreign sellers. There's not really anything I want right now so I don't visit the thread much any more. Next time there's a State of Decay or Rayman deal I'll be in there.
I actually find myself going to Steamtrades.com for most of my needs now. The search function works there and you have multiple foreign traders competing against each other ;) That's where I got my Sniper Elite 3 pre-order. 11 TF2 keys and I was out the door.

I still have some games left over. If you already requested a game yesterday, go ahead and request one more. If somebody else who didn't get a game yet asks for the same one by the end of the day, though, I'm going to give it to them...whatever I don't get rid of today is going back in the cesspool:

Cave Story+
Dear Esther
Little Inferno
Thomas Was Alone
Can I have Little Inferno please?

/end strawman rant
Here's the thing. He doesn't really care. He just has had a bug up his ass about me for a long time that he refuses to pull out or excrete so he looks for anything and everything to take a potshot at me. Not even worth replying to really. Just let him say his mess.

Real men play Barbie Horse Adventures :razz:

(Backstage Pass does sound interesting, would try it if it's in a bundle/really cheap)
I actually will buy that Barbie game if it ever goes cheap. :p

I actually find myself going to Steamtrades.com for most of my needs now. The search function works there and you have multiple foreign traders competing against each other ;) That's where I got my Sniper Elite 3 pre-order. 11 TF2 keys and I was out the door.
Agreed. Now that Jake has been kidnapped by Diablo and Krugozor and iHeo aren't as active you're better off just going to Steamtrades. They have a rep system there too and it's much easier to find a specific game. The trade thread here is 99% bundle extras that most of us regulars already have anyway.

Obviously dude likes these types of games, and if he's made at least 1 person get interested in the genre, then good for them. I mean it's fine if everyone kept to themselves about what type of games they like, but isn't the beauty of forums like these the opportunity to share with others things previously unknown to them?
There's a zero percent chance of me playing that game but I appreciate anyone who takes the time to report back on a game and say what they thought about it. Especially if they're stringing more words together than "It sucks". And sometimes, even for games I'll never play, hearing about it is still entertaining in its own way.

So I ended up picking up one of those AMD Reward codes but  not to sure what to do with the final game.  (Getting Murdered: Soul Suspect, and THIEF.)

Anyhow, looking at the games in the list it looks like either Payday 2 or Sleeping Dogs would be my best choices as they are pretty much the only ones I don't have... Minus one of the Indie Packs and Shogun 2.  

I figure I'm going to hear allot of Sleeping Dogs on this...  Though Payday 2 might be the better value if I want to maximize my the amount of cash saved.

I checked this site out and it looks pretty decent. I hate to ask a really newbie/clueless question... but how does one get TF2 keys to trade if they don't want to play that game? Some traders are only looking for those.

EDIT - Also, what is the big craze over these keys? Why would anyone needs so many to play this game? Are you unlocking something like every 5 minutes or something?

Sleeping dogs is regularly uber cheap, like base game plus a few key DLCs for $7 total. Pretty fun game.

Payday 2 is a grindfest that is awesome when you first start playing it, but not long after realize you are just on a treadmill. Oh, and it will have endless DLC until PD3 comes out.

I haven't played Shogun 2 yet, but if you like the setting and the genre, this might be a good deal.

I checked this site out and it looks pretty decent. I hate to ask a really newbie/clueless question... but how does one get TF2 keys to trade if they don't want to play that game? Some traders are only looking for those.

EDIT - Also, what is the big craze over these keys? Why would anyone needs so many to play this game? Are you unlocking something like every 5 minutes or something?
You can purchase TF2 keys either directly from Steam using Steambux (card money) or you can buy them from other traders. You can sometimes get them for as cheap as $1.75 and $1.80 seem to be a decent going rate for them via paypal.

I think the big craze with them is that they are popular on Steam, a lot of people buy them, and before the whole card/item marketplace thing it was one of the main ways to trade on Steam with something that holds a pretty steady value. For a lot of the traders, they don't have paypal accounts without fees and foreign fees are higher and they also don't have use for Amazon credit, so they take keys, sell them on the market and use the steam money to buy more games to trade/sell.

You could graciously take the code and then buy a copy for a friend or do a giveaway with said bought copy. Or you could be an asshole.
Not surprised at all at his choice... :roll:

Sleeping dogs is regularly uber cheap, like base game plus a few key DLCs for $7 total. Pretty fun game.

Payday 2 is a grindfest that is awesome when you first start playing it, but not long after realize you are just on a treadmill. Oh, and it will have endless DLC until PD3 comes out.

I haven't played Shogun 2 yet, but if you like the setting and the genre, this might be a good deal.
Solid points all around... I sort of hate to get Sleeping Dogs with it.

I have the first Rome Total War but I've never played it...

I guess I should try Payday 2 this weekend... (and I've heard all about the grind fest that it is.)

Sorry, I wasn't begging for a free code. I'd rather pay for the game to give back to the developers for giving it away via PS+ the first time.
I know. But I had a spare and figured you'd appreciate the game more so than the usual Steam hoarder, so I let you have it.

We give each other games all the time here. That's just how it works. No begging required.

But it's okay, I already found another person to give it to.

I guess I should try Payday 2 this weekend... (and I've heard all about the grind fest that it is.)
I'd say it depends on how much you paid for the code and how much it would turn out per game.

and I thought I was a Fake CAG...
Got this, thanks Carl!

You should definitely pick up SD the next time it comes on sale and give it a whirl. It's one of my all-time faves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back