Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
All this weeaboo anime spam is making me miss Tebow WWE picture spam.
[customspoiler=spansky]
wwe__the_geek_goddess_by_matoonz-d56nqmz.jpg
[/customspoiler]

I kind of want Zafehouse, but I don't really care much for anything else in the Blink bundle. Well, except Silent Storm, but I have that already.

$2 now with games I don't care for, $2.50 at some other point on sale, or $0 if I wait til I actually get around to playing it, aka maybe never.

Life is hard.

Very important information folks.  I found a video that points to the fact that everything tebow wanted us to believe in is a lie.  Skip to ~2:24 to crush all of tebow's hopes and dreams:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BPzN_Q-meU

Oh hell no...

Holy Hell. I was actually greenlit. ...waits for keys in BaB2 (iirc).

Even the shark wants a piece of that ass, eh?
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the game is entirely in first person... That's one of the most misleading "sex sells" covers in the history of crappy indie game covers.

But yeah, the game is horrendous. You'll be like "WOW! The graphics are actually pretty good!", and then you'll realize how terrible it is 5 minutes after turning it on.

Really sad too, because I wanted it to be good... I still put an hour or so into it, hoping it would get better. It doesn't.

Logitech G600 MMO White Mouse is $50 on Amazon + Free Saver Shipping.

That matches what Fry's had it for, earlier in the week.

Took my Amazon GC Money that I made from Bing + Rewards Money from my CC purchases....

...oh yeah, this gonna be a steal at around $21.

Can't wait till it arrives. :D
For all those times you wish you had a mouse that looked as dirty as it actually is.

anyone want a 50% off magicka coupon. pm me if interested
tumblr_lqlufnfD7U1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Or what do you bing search to find that?
tumblr_lqlufnfD7U1qii6tmo1_500.gif

vqMOTbo.gif

... If they want in, they are getting in. ...
If it weren't for most would-be cat-burglars being dumbasses and crackheads, you'd be right.

Also, I'm liking the new post color.

Totally not Steam and I totally did not buy for $3.09.
Crap! Why'd you have to post this? I wanted this from that overpriced NSFW, even though my wife would probably not let me play it, and now you found it for $3 and some change. . . .

How dare you imply I use European toilets! I am a proud user of American toilets, I even wave Old Glory, sing God Bless America and shoot my guns at the ceiling while I do my business!

It's a squatting toilet. We don't have them here in America, but they're supposedly better for your back and are less messy because of the angle you use it in. I'd get one but it just seems so gross...
I guess the whole neighborhood knows when you do a # 2.

They're very common in Asia, which makes me feel a little bit better about the fact that I've never travelled outside of the States.

That's actually why my passwords are all in foreign languages. Semi-easy to remember, much harder to guess.
So you forgot that NinjaSquirrels speak Squirrel?

Apparently Bulletstorm was just removed from steam.  Not surprised in the slightest, just a heads up for those crazy collectors to scour for third party steam keys.

I played the demo of XX, it's pretty good. Never bought it though, since my mother would see it and have a conniption.
Should have swapped out the cover art for Sesame Street or something. :p

I guess the whole neighborhood knows when you do a # 2.

They're very common in Asia, which makes me feel a little bit better about the fact that I've never travelled outside of the States.

So you forgot that NinjaSquirrels speak Squirrel?
They do. I blackmail them occasionally by threatening to take laxatives.

Oh yeah, Asia too (I knew India had 'em, can only imagine how terrible they smell.)

I've only been to the UK and Puerto Rico/Dominican Republic. Don't feel too bad, not much to see (saw a castle though, was kinda neat), but then again I was pretty much there for the women.

Oh shit, you're right, he does. Cheeeeeeepcheepcheeeep fuck!

Apparently Bulletstorm was just removed from steam. Not surprised in the slightest, just a heads up for those crazy collectors to scour for third party steam keys.
There are no third party Steam keys.

I guess Epic can't be arsed to remove GFWL from the game, just as Rockstar is apparently planning to let GTA IV die off, judging from the posts in the game's forums.

Man, it must be a rough life for a squirrel with a nut allergy. Just Sayin.
Squirrels have very adaptable tastes.

tumblr_m7udmmNXir1qery84.jpg

Apparently Bulletstorm was just removed from steam. Not surprised in the slightest, just a heads up for those crazy collectors to scour for third party steam keys.
More like "hurry up and play it before GFWL shuts down and it becomes a digital paperweight" (can't be played with an online profile and Epic can't be bothered to patch it out).

Squirrels have very adaptable tastes.

tumblr_m7udmmNXir1qery84.jpg

More like "hurry up and play it before GFWL shuts down and it becomes a digital paperweight" (can't be played with an online profile and Epic can't be bothered to patch it out).
Sunasun and Ninja Squirrel combined?

And was the online for Bulletstorm even any good? I have it on Origin so I've never cared about having it on Steam (I still don't, though I'm sure certain CAGs are swearing under their breath for not buying on Steam now that they can't have it), but it looked like a mostly single player game...

Retail keys activate on steam, if anyone cares.
... what? That's not true. I just tried activating my Amazon-bought key. They used to activate on Origin - that's how I got my copy there. But apparently that hasn't worked for some time.

And was the online for Bulletstorm even any good? I have it on Origin so I've never cared about having it on Steam (I still don't, though I'm sure certain CAGs are swearing under their breath for not buying on Steam now that they can't have it), but it looked like a mostly single player game...
It's not about the online being good or not (I haven't tried it) but that you can't play any part of it with an offline profile (including single player), essentially making the game unplayable once GFWL shuts down.

EDIT: well this post is telling me something different, though I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet (would be great if it's true, I'd rather not lose access to it): http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/764577-So-BS-DOES-have-always-online-DRM?p=27947951&viewfull=1#post27947951

My guess is that publishing rights have reverted from EA to Epic Games. Hopefully it'll be back up on Steam sans GFWL.

As far as multiplayer goes... yeah it was pretty fun. I doubt there's many people playing it at all. I'd say don't count on MP and enjoy the SP game instead.

Was that actually any good? I know the fact that it continued on well after the "confession" scene was a big superficial draw, but the fact that it managed to get as popular in moonland did always made me curious.
I played it and enjoyed it. It's not super long, it's pretty simple as far as VNs go, but the writing was good and got a handful of laughs out of me. It was easy to connect with the girls (not enough to... marry one of them for realies, but I digress), and the "virtual girlfriend" mode after you finish the story and decide to date one of them is amusing. Unfortunately that mode is almost entirely controlled via voice commands... in Japanese. I patched the game into English, but that does nothing to the voice commands, so it's too much of a pain to bother at that point.

Really though, the production value is obviously way higher than your average VN. It's a well made game and worth a couple hours if you like that sort of thing at all. I'd recommend it.

y u do this?
Hi, Spoder. ;)

Explanation was in here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328029-steam-deals-thread-v11-racing-manager-2014-999-men-of-war-assault-squad-bioshock-infinite-749-payday-2-999/?p=11630990

Explanation:

Yes - this is to put more hotkeys on the mouse for me.

Since I'm left-handed, I put my left-hand over UDLR cursors and it can float to mostly right-part of keyboard; and my right hand floats b/t mouse and the right-hand keypad.

I have tried WSAD for movement - I don't care for it.

I've tried other suggestions from Ashes and others here - don't like those, either.

I'm tired of games, more or less, forcing things not to be allowed to be moved to certain parts of the numpad (like Witcher 2 did before it got patches) or doubling those up w/ other keys (like ESO Beta did). This nonsense keeps happening from game-to-game - and I am feeling like I don't have a standard set-up anymore for my KB/mouse. I'm tired of it.

I used this mouse for less than ten minutes before I knew it was absolute crap.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318955-razer-naga-hex/#entry11031282
IMHO - I think the G600 MMO will have a learning curve for me b/c of the # of buttons + size of the mouse - but, I'm thinking that I can get used to it.

I'm probably a little crazy going in cold turkey here on this thing - b/c I've never heard the mouse or seen it in person before. But, a mouse w/ lots of buttons is something I been really wanting to try.

For me, having more buttons on the mouse is a necessity now. See my explanation.

Hi, Spoder. ;)

Explanation was in here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328029-steam-deals-thread-v11-racing-manager-2014-999-men-of-war-assault-squad-bioshock-infinite-749-payday-2-999/?p=11630990

Explanation:

IMHO - I think the G600 MMO will have a learning curve for me b/c of the # of buttons + size of the mouse - but, I'm thinking that I can get used to it.

I'm probably a little crazy going in cold turkey here on this thing - b/c I've never heard the mouse or seen it in person before. But, a mouse w/ lots of buttons is something I been really wanting to try.

For me, having more buttons on the mouse is a necessity now. See my explanation.
I ain't planning to buy D3: RoS anytime soon, nope.

If it hits $10 one day, I'll be all over it - yes.

Yes - this is to put more hotkeys on the mouse for me.

Since I'm left-handed, I put my left-hand over UDLR cursors and it can float to mostly right-part of keyboard; and my right hand floats b/t mouse and the right-hand keypad.

I have tried WSAD for movement - I don't care for it.

I've tried other suggestions from Ashes and others here - don't like those, either.

I'm tired of games, more or less, forcing things not to be allowed to be moved to certain parts of the numpad (like Witcher 2 did before it got patches) or doubling those up w/ other keys (like ESO Beta did). This nonsense keeps happening from game-to-game - and I am feeling like I don't have a standard set-up anymore for my KB/mouse. I'm tired of it.
I can see the desire to have more mouse buttons, trust me I 10 on the mouse I use, BUT buttons on a mouse that aren't easy/comfortable to reach aren't really useable so be careful when you open the box so you can keep everything as new as possible... Amazon will take it back.

Also, I think you might be approaching your problem from the wrong hand... You seem to be mad at them for making you use the keyboard in a way you don't want to... A fully customizable "keyboard" makes more sense to me. Have you thought about replacing your keyboard for a gaming keypad? (Like the Orbweaver, g13, Nostromo, etc?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back