Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
photo-thumb-288229.png

Fredric_March%252C_Dr__Jekyll_and_Mr__Hyde_%25281931%2529.jpg

GreenManGaming has a Telltale sale going on right now. Most of the newer stuff is overpriced, but the other stuff...

http://www.greenmangaming.com/telltale-deals

Bone 1+2 for $2.49

Telltale Texas Hold 'Em for .74

Bone has a high risk of getting removed from Steam since Telltale sucks and might not bother to renew their license, so... and the cheapest that bundle has been recently there is $4.99, so if you're thinking of grabbing it, might as well do it now.

Those jerks never put the physical versions on sale. I'm still angry about that, :(

So Playfire isn't registering anything I do on Steam.  (I'm running Playfire Vulcan Beta since it seems to be the only thing offered presently.)  I can't find anything on their message boards or in their knowledge base to help.  Could anyone link me to a troubleshoot or suggest something that I've possibly overlooked?  Many of the current "play for the first time" bounties are games I own and am now installing for the first time, and I'd like to get credit for these.  Thanks for any help.

So Playfire isn't registering anything I do on Steam. (I'm running Playfire Vulcan Beta since it seems to be the only thing offered presently.) I can't find anything on their message boards or in their knowledge base to help. Could anyone link me to a troubleshoot or suggest something that I've possibly overlooked? Many of the current "play for the first time" bounties are games I own and am now installing for the first time, and I'd like to get credit for these. Thanks for any help.
You have to link your Steam profile via their site: the client doesn't track Steam gameplay.

So Playfire isn't registering anything I do on Steam. (I'm running Playfire Vulcan Beta since it seems to be the only thing offered presently.) I can't find anything on their message boards or in their knowledge base to help. Could anyone link me to a troubleshoot or suggest something that I've possibly overlooked? Many of the current "play for the first time" bounties are games I own and am now installing for the first time, and I'd like to get credit for these. Thanks for any help.
Yeah same problem for me, it's not updating my steam profile. Sent ticket today. Waiting for reply :)

You have to link your Steam profile via their site: the client doesn't track Steam gameplay.
Right. And I don't think they clarified that point very well to be honest.

Also the credits are not instant but if you've done the account link via the web and you wait a day or so and no credit is still showing then you can try to open a support ticket though I wouldn't expect much out of that. :p

GreenManGaming has a Telltale sale going on right now. Most of the newer stuff is overpriced, but the other stuff...

http://www.greenmangaming.com/telltale-deals

Bone 1+2 for $2.49

Telltale Texas Hold 'Em for .74

Bone has a high risk of getting removed from Steam since Telltale sucks and might not bother to renew their license, so... and the cheapest that bundle has been recently there is $4.99, so if you're thinking of grabbing it, might as well do it now.

Those jerks never put the physical versions on sale. I'm still angry about that, :(
Is there any reason at all to own Telltale Texas Hold'em if you already have Pokernight at the Inventory?

Linking my Steam account to the site was something they had me do before downloading the client, so that's not the problem.

I played Angvik for the first time Saturday while it was a bounty set to run out by the end of the day, and I still have nothing credited, so I figured I waited long enough to ask.

I'll double-check everything, but I'm reluctant to start trying to earn these things unless I find something to do differently.

Is there any reason at all to own Telltale Texas Hold'em if you already have Pokernight at the Inventory?
I just played it the other day, and I would not recommend it. It has different jokes and stuff, but the voices are annoying and the poker is the same.

Linking my Steam account to the site was something they had me do before downloading the client, so that's not the problem.

I played Angvik for the first time Saturday while it was a bounty set to run out by the end of the day, and I still have nothing credited, so I figured I waited long enough to ask.

I'll double-check everything, but I'm reluctant to start trying to earn these things unless I find something to do differently.
Have you checked your profile to see what it is tracking? MIne is hit or miss sometimes so I have to re-do things.

Also be sure you're using the same email and login info for GMG and Playfire. I vaguely recall having to do something to link the two or some such.

Have you checked your profile to see what it is tracking? MIne is hit or miss sometimes so I have to re-do things.
I just added keys to Steam and played-for-the-first-time. My profile doesn't include those newest games though. I think I have just wasted my time and am most likely going to get mad. That was 50 cents worth of time right there.

I manually added my PSN info, and by Steam it has a message and link saying I would have to contact support to unlink it from my Steam account, so it should be properly connected.

I created my Playfire login using my GMG login info, which I had to look up, so that should also be correct.

My only other thought is that it didn't check for updated info until after the bounty ended, but it should still show that I've had playtime over the past few days.  I'm at a loss.

re: Playfire issues

Well you guys are by no means the first people to have problems with it. I wish I could tell you what I did to get it to work for me but really I have no idea.

My Playfire account was working fine until Friday.  I have about $22 in Playfire credit.  Now it won't recognize any of the achievements or first time plays.  In my overview it is showing all the games I've been playing and achievements I've made, but the rewards aren't working.  I also sent a ticket but from what I've read they either take forever to get back to you or just don't.  I guess at least I got some credit while it worked.

There are keys for the Wildstar closed beta this weekend on Alienware if anyone is interested. It's a space MMO. I'm in the beta but honestly had not got the chance to try it yet but plan to soon.
It's kinda fun. Liked it more than TESO. The Plot is actually somewhat interesting, but I could only handle about 20 hours before I put it back into the MMO dumpster. Character customization is rather limited, but they still look neat and there are sufficient differences between the races to make them easy to differentiate out in the world. Wish I had sold my beta key when they were going for a couple hundred bucks.

To anyone who bought Tower of Guns it actually does have cards despite not indicating it on the store page.  You can probably get fiddy cents or more for them right now.

To anyone who bought Tower of Guns it actually does have cards despite not indicating it on the store page. You can probably get fiddy cents or more for them right now.
Reported!

Spoder didn't clear this release, leaker!

I guess I'm waiting until the Summer Sale for Van Helsing then. There are AAA games that dropped to 75% off faster than this game.
It was 66% off at Xmas. They dev was dickish about not discounting DLC for early buyers... which helped to reinforce my stand-firm (for 75%) attitude. (That and my sizable ARPG backlog)

So I was totally going to buy Windborne to support the Defense Grid devs since I paid next to nothing for that game.  But then I saw it was $29.99... :(

I'll wait on a sale.  Maybe I'll buy DG2 at launch.  

I think you obviously missed:

• Golden name in multiplayer games
  • Your own dragonling pet
  • Order of the Dragon signet ring – gives you and everyone on your island the ability to call the wind, which lets you glide for a second after jumping.
  • The exclusive soundtrack, downloaded into a folder in your game directory.

I mean, golden name in multiplayer dude. That's like getting to walk around with your epeen out.

I supported the Defense Grid devs by buying all of their various DLC that I actually never got around to playing.  Re: this game.  Seems fairly ambitious for guys who just made a tower defense.

So I was totally going to buy Windborne to support the Defense Grid devs since I paid next to nothing for that game. But then I saw it was $29.99... :(

I'll wait on a sale. Maybe I'll buy DG2 at launch.
I supported Defense Grid devs by kickstarting Defense Grid 2. A shiny new DG2 Steam key will be mine on release, thanks to that.

As part of the deal I got to beta test Windborne. Honestly, I just never got the hang of it. I couldn't figure out what to do and I got bored. Mind you, that was in a very early state.

I think you obviously missed:

• Golden name in multiplayer games
  • Your own dragonling pet
  • Order of the Dragon signet ring – gives you and everyone on your island the ability to call the wind, which lets you glide for a second after jumping.
  • The exclusive soundtrack, downloaded into a folder in your game directory.

I mean, golden name in multiplayer dude. That's like getting to walk around with your epeen out.
In the steam description, i like how it says "cool surprise perks" then lists them

I supported Defense Grid devs by kickstarting Defense Grid 2. A shiny new DG2 Steam key will be mine on release, thanks to that.

As part of the deal I got to beta test Windborne. Honestly, I just never got the hang of it. I couldn't figure out what to do and I got bored. Mind you, that was in a very early state.
I think you are supposed to use magic to do stuff instead of your hands. I was only going to support out of e-peen and kindness, but no go.

In the steam description, i like how it says "cool surprise perks" then lists them
In all fairness, they say with each update, so I assume that list isn't exhaustive.

I'm pretty much done buying anything Early Access unless it's significantly discounted.  Especially games that are over a year away from completion.

My Playfire account was working fine until Friday. I have about $22 in Playfire credit. Now it won't recognize any of the achievements or first time plays. In my overview it is showing all the games I've been playing and achievements I've made, but the rewards aren't working. I also sent a ticket but from what I've read they either take forever to get back to you or just don't. I guess at least I got some credit while it worked.
I've e-mailed them about the same problem about two weeks and got a response within a few days.
Maybe this e-mail will give you some insight.

I also did some achievements on Friday and they were tracked. I just haven't received the rewards yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back