Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
she used u for dat Zelda :( gfs are overrated anyway
I agree.

JrGoWYv.jpg

So, how many girls you know actually are into video-games? :p
Just about every girl I'm friends with and girlfriend I have had has been into video games... The new one is into your typical Xbox 360 FPSs like most young girls in this day and age.

I was genuinely surprised when she said she was into Call of Duty 2, though. No, not Modern Warfare 2, CoD 2. That's almost a classic at this point.

Just about every girl I'm friends with and girlfriend I have had has been into video games... The new one is into your typical Xbox 360 FPSs like most young girls in this day and age.

I was genuinely surprised when she said she was into Call of Duty 2, though. No, not Modern Warfare 2, CoD 2. That's almost a classic at this point.
CoD2 was pretty damn good, I must say.

My wife looked over and claimed that she is the "how I really am" girl. Having the cat up on the desk while she tries to log into WoW is pretty accurate, but she's usually wearing a sweatshirt. =\

My wife looked over and claimed that she is the "how I really am" girl. Having the cat up on the desk while she tries to log into WoW is pretty accurate, but she's usually wearing a sweatshirt. =\
I'm assuming she's swapped her keyboard for a cat because her mouse kept running away.

I'll see myself out.

Just played YAZD for an hour or so to get the achievements for Playfire (who knows why, since I'll never see the credit). Not really as bad as people made it out to be.

It's way too simple. That's the fault. The actual gameplay is solid enough, and actually feels cleaner than some other isometric arcade shooters I've played (more expensive ones to boot). The survival aspect isn't bad, since you actually do have to utilize barricades and whatnot if you want to survive at later levels, because zombies increasingly become faster, stronger, and more durable. At first you can just kite the circular play area and the few zombies who decide to run faster towards you can be taken care of easily, while you outrun the rest and pick them off later. Further on, though, when the zombies all have high speed levels, you can't outrun them for long, and you have to either kill the quick moving ones immediately, or use barricades to hold them off and survive.

For the asking price (cheap or free), it's actually a really clean feeling game. It's just lacking in depth and variation. The developer is always asking for feedback on the game, suggestions, etc, and says he'll add more upgrades, game modes, etc if there's enough interest.

Everyone was bashing this dev, but to be honest, he's doing things the correct way. He didn't bite off more than he could chew, he made a simple, playable game with good fundamentals and nice clean graphics, and will add to it from there. Much better than so many other indie devs who bite off way more than they can chew and put out a glitchy, unplayable piece of crap, or ones who make up for their lack of skill by making things too weird and 2deep4u, or getting lazy with "retro" graphics.

tl;dr, YAZD GOTY.

EDIT: Plus you can be a hot chick.

bm0XOxd.jpg

That's pretty much exactly how i play games, but I didn't want to say it first :X

And I've 3 cats but I don't play WoW.

Dat FTL update is pretty great. Could've easily sold it as DLC and I probably would've bit anyway, but it's real fucking good and free. If you haven't tried it yet, you should probably get on that. 

I have some free copies of Nether Chosen pack to the first three people to quote this post.

Edit: It's all been given away.
thanks for the very generous giveaway.

Ideal gamer:

CMVIGoK.jpg

True gamer:

8wwSuBy.jpg
who the fuck still uses a crt monitor

#failedgamer

and you guys are so mean, it's so obvious that little boy has progeria.

or at least I hope so, what's up with the little kid's bed?

Dating a girl who sometimes plays games isn't the fantasy many people dream of. Today my girlfriend stole the controller from me while I played Type:Rider and played the whole Futura level without me. She didn't even find the hidden ampersand so I had to redo that section!
h79eJ.jpg

Dat FTL update is pretty great. Could've easily sold it as DLC and I probably would've bit anyway, but it's real fucking good and free. If you haven't tried it yet, you should probably get on that.
I don't like what I've seen of FTL (just not my type of game), but I love when DLC that could easily have been paid is free. I might have to buy the game just to support them.

I don't like what I've seen of FTL (just not my type of game), but I love when DLC that could easily have been paid is free. I might have to buy the game just to support them.
I thought the same thing about FTL until I played it. It's real addictive once you get a grasp on it. A lot simpler than it appears from looking at screenshots or videos.

What did you decide to name this character? I'm thinking something along the lines of Belladonna Tinkle. When she gets nervous, her magical fairy wings rip open the back of her glittering gown, and she flies to the safety of your bedroom closet.

What did you decide to name this character? I'm thinking something along the lines of Belladonna Tinkle. When she gets nervous, her magical fairy wings rip open the back of her glittering gown, and she flies to the safety of your bedroom closet.
So, generic "lol no u dont know gurls" joke?

So, generic "lol no u dont know gurls" joke?
No, I read it as if you currently have a girlfriend. I missed the part where you didn't pluralize the word "girlfriend" to indicate that you've had more than one. MY BAD! ;)

No, I read it as if you currently have a girlfriend. I missed the part where you didn't pluralize the word "girlfriend" to indicate that you've had more than one. MY BAD! ;)
Oh. The "new one" isn't really a girlfriend. Last relationship lasted 2 years before she cheated, so I'm a lone wolf by choice for awhile.

But yeah, almost every girl I know under the age of 25 these days is into video games at least somewhat. Dunno why people were talking like it was some uncommon thing.

Completely agree. I launched it yesterday just to see what thay've added to the game. I really like how they changed ship unlocks. Sunked for about 5-6h, but at least I managed to win and unlock another ship without completing its quest. Yay!

So for anyone who's played Steamworld Dig, does it get better?  I've put some time into it and it sort of just feels like they take the mining elements from a Minecraft game, but I haven't gotten past that.  Do you start building things eventually?  Or is it just mine, sell, upgrade over and over?  Thought I was going to like this one a little more than I have so far.  

Thanks! I liked them on facebook so we'll see if they have more contests.

On an unrelated note, I just saw this game called Harvester released on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/287020/

From 1996, so have any of you guys played it?
I've played it back then. It is... disturbing. I remember I liked it, it's like an horror movie, a B movie, really gore. I will buy it again when on sale, but from GOG, I like the classics on one place and I like that "boxed" presentation

I just finished Far Cry 3. Fun game. Though, I can't help but feeling that FC3 and Tomb Raider were not all that disimilar.

Now on to Dishonored. Deciding between a panther or murderfest playthrough. I guess I did a panther-esque style on my first run through, so probably gonna do a high chaos run this time.

I just finished Far Cry 3. Fun game. Though, I can't help but feeling that FC3 and Tomb Raider were not all that disimilar.

Now on to Dishonored. Deciding between a panther or murderfest playthrough. I guess I did a panther-esque style on my first run through, so probably gonna do a high chaos run this time.
I got High Chaos (bad ending) on my 1st play-through of Dishonored.

Playing FC3 right now. I think it's a bit overhyped, all in all. Good game, so far it's like an 8/10 or so, but nothing special.
Best part of FC3...Citra.

I got High Chaos (bad ending) on my 1st play-through of Dishonored.
I had a low chaos run the first time and it was kinda 'meh' after seeing all the tools I could have had at my disposal. I'm just not sure if I want to go in and stealthily murder everyone or just watch the world burn.

So for anyone who's played Steamworld Dig, does it get better? I've put some time into it and it sort of just feels like they take the mining elements from a Minecraft game, but I haven't gotten past that. Do you start building things eventually? Or is it just mine, sell, upgrade over and over? Thought I was going to like this one a little more than I have so far.
That's basically it. There's no crafting. The game throws new abilities at you steadily and by the end the you can traverse the mine pretty quickly. If you don't like the basic mining gameplay it probably won't get better for you, but it's short and the next new thing is probably just a few minutes away if you want to give it a bit more time.

Best part of FC3...Citra.

I had a low chaos run the first time and it was kinda 'meh' after seeing all the tools I could have had at my disposal. I'm just not sure if I want to go in and stealthily murder everyone or just watch the world burn.
The way I played Dishonored, on my 1st run-through:

Try to start off each level as STEALTHY as possible.

If I can stick w/ it - stick with it.

If I fail, get caught, accidentally kill someone - oh well, I'll do whatever is necessary to finish the level.

On my 1st run-through, I really didn't try to save and reload like crazy just to perfect my "Stealthy-ness."

That's what multiple replays would be for - if I ever get the nerve to run through it again.

It's also how I play the Hitman games, as well.

BTW - yeah, the skills in Dishonored are AWESOME. I think I only had very few areas where I was able to stealth the entire level.

I'd have to look at my stats.

That's basically it. There's no crafting. The game throws new abilities at you steadily and by the end the you can traverse the mine pretty quickly. If you don't like the basic mining gameplay it probably won't get better for you, but it's short and the next new thing is probably just a few minutes away if you want to give it a bit more time.
Yeah, I played a few more hours last night and I think I'm probably close to the end of it. I don't mind it, I just thought I was going to like it a little more. I think if they let you carry more ladders on you each time you went into the mine it'd be a little better.

Edit:

And finally finished it. I think my main issue was I had the wrong expectations of what the game was. I thought it was an open world mining game, but it's really a linear-story mining game with light platforming elements. As you mine and progress you unlock the abilities that makes the platforming a little more advanced. The final boss fight was pretty fun and a bit challenging. I wish it would have had more similar fights or that the platforming would have been given more time once you unlocked it. You unlock everything, do the one boss fight and it's over. Not bad and they have a sequel planned I think so maybe that one will be better.

Oh. The "new one" isn't really a girlfriend. Last relationship lasted 2 years before she cheated, so I'm a lone wolf by choice for awhile.

But yeah, almost every girl I know under the age of 25 these days is into video games at least somewhat. Dunno why people were talking like it was some uncommon thing.
My wife's a gamer. Both Triple Town and Candy Crush.

Looks like for DLC practices vs. buying Bundled Ed's w/ more content - they're pulling a Bethesda/Zenimax.
It is a cosmetic DLC... So not so important if you ask me...

Anyhow, speaking of Euro Truck Simulator... Does anyone know how fully you can paint the trucks...? I mean if I can drive around looking like Optimus Prime I'll buy it right now. If I cannot I'll wait for a bundle.

I uninstalled Sleeping Dogs a couple months ago to free more space for more games, since I finished it. I reinstalled it today to get the rest of the achievements (playfire rewards)... but all the saved games seems to be gone when I uninstalled it. Why they remove the saved games when uninstalling?? Even older games don't touch the saved games when uninstalling!! That's why almost all the games that aren't using cloud sync use the "My Documents" folder. GTA 3 is from 2001 and saves there. A lot of low budget indie games are using that folder too!

Too bad. I won't play this game anymore and will NEVER buy any DLC, since I don't want to play it all over again (I played 31 hours and had a lot of stuff)

I uninstalled Sleeping Dogs a couple months ago to free more space for more games, since I finished it. I reinstalled it today to get the rest of the achievements (playfire rewards)... but all the saved games seems to be gone when I uninstalled it. Why they remove the saved games when uninstalling?? Even older games don't touch the saved games when uninstalling!! That's why almost all the games that aren't using cloud sync use the "My Documents" folder. GTA 3 is from 2001 and saves there. A lot of low budget indie games are using that folder too!

Too bad. I won't play this game anymore and will NEVER buy any DLC, since I don't want to play it all over again (I played 31 hours and had a lot of stuff)
Old rule from even the old days of gaming: always back-up your game saves folders and files elsewhere before uninstalling (to another HDD, disc, another folder, whatever).

Uninstalling some games would sometimes give you options and ask you on uninstall to keep saves/profile or delete them; or some games would just flat-out uninstall EVERYTHING including saves; or some games would uninstall the game but ALWAYS keep your profiles and saves. Depended on the game.

So, it's always good to back-up important stuff like that, when necessary - it's good house-keeping.

Games profiles and gave-saves often go somewhere in My Docs, App Data, or in the actual game folder.

Always good before uninstalling to find out from a Google Search, Game Forums, Steam Forums, or wherever for where your saved games + profiles might go.

Saves for Steam-games often go in:

...Steam folder\userdata\{some long number}\{whatever your game's Steam ID game number is}

If you don't know your Steam ID number, check the game's store-page on Steam.

That # on the end = its Steam ID number

Example -> COJ: Gunslinger's Steam page -> http://store.steampowered.com/app/204450/

204450 = its Steam ID number.

COJ:G's profiles and saves are somewhere within -> ...Steam\userdata\{some long number}\204450

Just so you know, the story dlc is completely separate from the main game. None of your levels/abilities/unlocks/clothing/etc can be used in the dlc. You select the dlc in the main menu, they might as well be standalones.

I bought a bunch of the clothing dlcs thinking I'd be able to use them when the story dlcs came out. Nope.

Wow, that sucks. I uninstalled it too, guess I won't be playing it again.

Old rule from even the old days of gaming: always back-up your game saves folders and files elsewhere before uninstalling (to another HDD, disc, another folder, whatever).
Uninstalling some games would sometimes give you options and ask you on uninstall to keep saves/profile or delete them; or some games would just flat-out uninstall EVERYTHING including saves; or some games would uninstall the game but ALWAYS keep your profiles and saves. Depended on the game.
So, it's always good to back-up important stuff like that, when necessary - it's good house-keeping.

Games profiles and gave-saves often go somewhere in My Docs, App Data, or in the actual game folder.
Always good before uninstalling to find out from a Google Search, Game Forums, Steam Forums, or wherever for where your saved games + profiles might go.

Saves for Steam-games often go in:
...Steam folder\userdata\{some long number}\{whatever your game's Steam ID game number is}

If you don't know your Steam ID number, check the game's store-page on Steam.
That # on the end = its Steam ID number

Example -> COJ: Gunslinger's Steam page -> http://store.steampowered.com/app/204450/
204450 = its Steam ID number.
COJ:G's profiles and saves are somewhere within -> ...Steam\userdata\{some long number}\204450
Yeah, I know all that, thanks. But I never had a problem with my saved games from about 10 years until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back