Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is CS:GO tempting you?
Yes, and I don't know why (military multi-player only FPS? That's three things I don't like a whole lot).

The Professor Layton skin pack for CS:GO is excellent.
8aa97d2565e8478414845919328c3971.jpg

OMG @ Mooby actually not complaining.

/LIKE

Even despite having some repeats for me & each key for a Full-Tier, still...I'm still hella-tempted.
I'll probably end up getting it. Only reason I'm hesitating is because I can't give out the extras.

As far as I know SWAT 4 has never been on Steam. That game was fantastic and I would love a SWAT 5, but in this day and age of runshootgogogo fps, it would not sell. Closest we'll get is possibly some okay-ish indie game eventually.
I definitely would too, but you're right. The popular run 'n gun style FPS seems to trump all in terms of sales and popularity. A purely tactical FPS just wouldn't fair well sadly. AAA publishers won't waste their money or resources with selling something that won't bring back a river of revenue. Even the Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon games of late have derailed from tactical to cinematic FPS. Perhaps that genre is better suited for indie developers in the end.

Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the fast pace FPS action as well, but I don't think everything has to be or should be in the vein of CoD. It's tiresome. I'm always looking for a FPS or TPS game or multiplayer that separates itself away from the CoD mold. *shrug*

I'll probably end up getting it. Only reason I'm hesitating is because I can't give out the extras.
I feel you. If I could give away or trade the extra keys for Sega HB, I'd be all both Tier #1 + Tier #2 right now.

For now, I'll just wait it out until I can decide + until the sale gets closer to almost over.

I just haven't been able to bring myself to buy CS:GO. It's got so many marketplace items; it seems like a game that could go free-to-play at any moment.

PSA: Looks like Groupees has added steam keys for Constant C to those who bought be Mine 8.
And the card prices have tanked to an epic degree of tanking.

Seriously, there's only 28 of one of the cards up, and it's as low as 8 cents. Really, people?

steamcontrollers_630pxhedimg_comparison.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/14/steam-controller-close-up/

redesigned steam controller looking much better, idk what kind of moon octopus they designed the original for but they were definitely not made for human hands
I'm sorry but the flat thumb things are still fucking stupid.

Has Typing of the Dead: Overkill been bundled, though?
No, but really that's the headliner of the entire bundle, it's missing all the DLC, and it's not even that tempting. EVERY other AAA publisher Humble Bundle has been so much better...

I'm not saying it's a terrible bundle for everyone, but it's just really not that exciting in comparison.

Read above, how the fuck would I know? It's a competitive multiplayer FPS... one of the few breeds of games I just stay away from (NFL/NBA/etc are the only other category that come to mind).

I've had TF2 since the Orange Box launched... Hours Played: Zero
No Madden? :( That makes me sad.

TF2 is boring as crap... I have tried to get into that game so many times and it's like it's pushing me back out. I have NO idea why so many people put so much time into it. The art style, the mechanics, the "customization", everything is just garbage in my opinion.

Note the lack of yellow comic sans above. I ain't trolling, I just really dislike TF2. I have legitimately tried to like it and can't.

Probably no one on CAG, but about 5 people on my steam friends list.

But then again, one of them also bought Divinity Original Sin at full price as well.
I can respect that purchase, even as a CAG. If any company (Larian) and project (Original Sin) deserves massive support, that's it right there.

Nice deal on steam!
post-12952-Wat-gif-nUi5.gif

[quote name="sch0oldaze" post="11612260" timestamp="1394854637"]So with all the Rockstar deals lately, anyone think they'll be throwing a bundle together soon? Or are they too cool to stoop to that level?[/quote]

No one is too good/cool for a bundle. No one.

Well, I broke down and bought CSGO. I figured I'd look up a "newbie guide" and holy shit... people are WAY too serious about this game.

I feel like I've made a grave mistake.

I feel bad for people who paid $14.99 (or $7.49) when Skyborn released 3 weeks ago.
1 cag bought it from me for $5.28 :)

after seeing Skyborn was one of those rpgmaker-style games, I knew it was going to end up in a bundle

ever since that guacamelee humble bundle, i decided to only buy indie games from indie bundles.

if it never ends up in a bundle, then i guess im never going to play it

just like im never going to play the games I do buy either

I think this is the most number of CAGs I've seen at once actually playing games on Steam (okay, so I only have 8 people from CAG as Steam friends, but still, that's 5/8. The other 3 CAGs are offline.). :applause:

tcm28x7.png

So did anyone actually man up and buy Lego Marvel? I'm still thinkin about it!
Nah, I wouldn't play it. Plus, I have way too many other games to enjoy before it ends up for the same price on GMG or amazon. Maybe even steam will do it when they have Lego Star Wars on sale next week for 7.50.

I have 17 friends in-game, and about 95% of my list are CAGs.

Nah, I wouldn't play it. Plus, I have way too many other games to enjoy before it ends up for the same price on GMG or amazon. Maybe even steam will do it when they have Lego Star Wars on sale next week for 7.50.
I'm convinced, I'll pass.

Well, I broke down and bought CSGO. I figured I'd look up a "newbie guide" and holy shit... people are WAY too serious about this game.

I feel like I've made a grave mistake.
I've played CS:GO a lil bit. It's good fun, you don't need no steenkin newbie guides.

Guess I'm going for 3 in March, anyone else?

Brothers Tale of 2 sons: Done

Bioshock Infinite: Almost done

???

PROFIT!
I've finished:

Renegade X Black Dawn

Peggle Deluxe (I'm saying finishing the Classic Mode counts)

and I'm almost 50% through Arkham Asylum. Man that's a longer game than I expected. Great game though.

I bought it for my daughter for $8, she likes it. I haven't played it yet though but it looks fun but then I'm a huge Marvel Comics fan.

I love this phrase. Just the thought of manning up to buy a Lego game: "You can do this! Just be a man! Buy this kid's game! WHOOOO!"

I have 17 friends in-game, and about 95% of my list are CAGs.
I was going to say that I was one of them, Bro-ing my way through CoD 4, but I see that we are not Steam friends.

They're still not as out there as the DOTA players. They're close, though.
Vi sitter här i venten och spelar lite DotA
å pushar på å smeker,
med motståndet vi leker

I've played CS:GO a lil bit. It's good fun, you don't need no steenkin newbie guides.
Well it was installing and I had nothing better to do, so I figured I'd look just to get acquainted, and the "newbie guide" is full of shit like aiming EXACTLY at the edge of corners at EXACTLY the right height as you turn corners, stutter stepping by walking one direction and immediately tapping the opposite direction as you stop to keep your momentum from moving just a bit further after you stop, autosniping, yada yada yada.

But seriously, I hate FPS nerds. I mean, it's a pointless hatred since they're just trying harder and better than me, which is totally fine, but it kind of sucks the fun out of multiplayer games like this for people who don't devote their fucking lives to becoming "elite".

Well CSGO is fucking stupid.

I go into the first game, "casual" game mode, and the entire other team is sniping and the second you go around a corner you're dead instantly. The only choice is to camp inside a building and attack whoever comes inside. 

And then I join a "community" game and it takes like 10 minutes to download the game mode, and then I can't aim. Literally can't aim. I can walk back and forth and forwards, but my mouse aim doesn't do anything, even though I can still move the mouse around the menus and whatnot just fine.

And then I alt-tab the game to look up the problem, and what happens? The game breaks and only shows a black screen, no matter what I do, and there's no help for the issue online, because the "helpers" are just elitist douchebags who say "Your PC must suck lol".

That was a total waste of Steam wallet/PayPal. fuck CSGO.

I think this is the most number of CAGs I've seen at once actually playing games on Steam (okay, so I only have 8 people from CAG as Steam friends, but still, that's 5/8. The other 3 CAGs are offline.). :applause:

tcm28x7.png
And at least two more CAGs were online playing Sanctum as well. That's right, we actually CAN play our games...sometimes...rarely...on a blue moon...

Not to mention GSGO is just an ugly, ancient feeling game. This is the newest entry in the series? Really? Modern Warfare 1 feels more current and clean. Hell, I'd take CoD 2 or WaW over this. Or maybe I'll play Battlefront 1 on PS2.  Or the original Ghost Recon. Or Project Snowblind on the GGG deal. Seriously, I can't even describe the level of awful this game is.

Utterly craptastic game, you people who said it was addictive are out of your Vulcan minds.

EDIT: Also, weapon skins (one of the main aspects of the Workshop for CSGO) are utterly pointless. If you get killed? You don't see your enemy's weapon. You see the screen go vaguely pink/red and you soldier fall down reaaaal slowly, like he's some badass "I'm still alive!" war hero. You never once see your opponent's weapon skin unless he walks RIGHT up to your character for some reason, which is doubtful since most people are just sniping from 100 yards away.

Yet even with how pointless the skins are, Valve still puts the whole "Upload your skins and if they get REALLY popular we'll officially add them to the game!" system on it, ala TF2. Considering you're the only person who sees your own skin, utterly hilariously pointless.

I had more fun with Infestation: Survivor Stories than I did with CSGO. Don't buy this.

EDIT 2: Jesus Christ, I am done looking for information about CSGO on Steam forums. Is every discussion between players either an argument over nothing or a debate about the "old days" of Counter Strike? These people are the fucking worst.

Could someone knowledgeable about CSGO please PM me and let me know how to idle this to somehow make my money back on cases and whatnot? I'll even give you a free key or two or something for your time.

Seriously, I just want to make my money back so I don't feel so bad about buying this terrible game.

Nuuvem is having a sale on Games for Mac.  One notable is Borderlands 2 GOTY which works out to around $8.50 - $9.00.

Edit: $8.75 is what I was charged via PayPal.

Well CSGO is fucking stupid.

I go into the first game, "casual" game mode, and the entire other team is sniping and the second you go around a corner you're dead instantly. The only choice is to camp inside a building and attack whoever comes inside.

And then I join a "community" game and it takes like 10 minutes to download the game mode, and then I can't aim. Literally can't aim. I can walk back and forth and forwards, but my mouse aim doesn't do anything, even though I can still move the mouse around the menus and whatnot just fine.

And then I alt-tab the game to look up the problem, and what happens? The game breaks and only shows a black screen, no matter what I do, and there's no help for the issue online, because the "helpers" are just elitist douchebags who say "Your PC must suck lol".

That was a total waste of Steam wallet/PayPal. fuck CSGO.
<3

I hated CS because I got headshot...ted from halfway across the map with a friggin pistol. The game is just not made for new people to pick up easily.

At least TF2 has something that resembles balance.

<3

I hated CS because I got headshot...ted from halfway across the map with a friggin pistol. The game is just not made for new people to pick up easily.

At least TF2 has something that resembles balance.
That's sort of what I don't get about the GC "realistic" angle... Accuracy with a pistol in the real world drops dramatically and quickly when you get past a certain distance... but you never really see this in video games. Which is fine. Halo's original pistol is awesome but no one would consider it realistic.

Seriously, nations go to war with rifles over handguns for a reason...

Well it was installing and I had nothing better to do, so I figured I'd look just to get acquainted, and the "newbie guide" is full of shit like aiming EXACTLY at the edge of corners at EXACTLY the right height as you turn corners, stutter stepping by walking one direction and immediately tapping the opposite direction as you stop to keep your momentum from moving just a bit further after you stop, autosniping, yada yada yada.

But seriously, I hate FPS nerds. I mean, it's a pointless hatred since they're just trying harder and better than me, which is totally fine, but it kind of sucks the fun out of multiplayer games like this for people who don't devote their fucking lives to becoming "elite".
I used to play CS way back when and then some of CS Source. But most of my Half Life gaming was on Half Life 1 series (CS Beta and 1.6, DoD, Firearms and so on). It was no different then. People used to freak on you if you messed up or weren't as good. Now I jumped on this just to play around with it and for $3.75, pretty cheap regardless.

I'm just going to play it to have fun. Was playing the non-competitive modes and they are just as fun as some of the source mods were.

Overall, not a good deal.
Yeah, even I have that one from a bundle... (Figured I should point that out since I'm often the only one who doesn't have a game when its in repeats.)

Speaking of racing games... Tried the free weekend on F1 2013. Not really impressed to be honest. Maybe its because open wheel just does so little for me but the real killer was the menus. Couldn't find crap, was forced to use my controller because it was plugged in BUT I couldn't do everything... Like say exit the game. Just such poor choices in something so simple like a menu made me less than excited to try the game out... and, hell, I nearly had to pull my own teeth to get the game to just let me on the freaking track,

Ugh... Oh, well! Saved me some money as I had been looking at it. :D

Yeah, even I have that one from a bundle... (Figured I should point that out since I'm often the only one who doesn't have a game when its in repeats.)

Speaking of racing games... Tried the free weekend on F1 2013. Not really impressed to be honest. Maybe its because open wheel just does so little for me but the real killer was the menus. Couldn't find crap, was forced to use my controller because it was plugged in BUT I couldn't do everything... Like say exit the game. Just such poor choices in something so simple like a menu made me less than excited to try the game out... and, hell, I nearly had to pull my own teeth to get the game to just let me on the freaking track,

Ugh... Oh, well! Saved me some money as I had been looking at it. :D
Downloaded it overnight because Playfire rewards. I probably won't play for more than 5 minutes. Free money, fuck yea!

Not to mention GSGO is just an ugly, ancient feeling game. This is the newest entry in the series? Really? Modern Warfare 1 feels more current and clean. Hell, I'd take CoD 2 or WaW over this. Or maybe I'll play Battlefront 1 on PS2. Or the original Ghost Recon. Or Project Snowblind on the GGG deal. Seriously, I can't even describe the level of awful this game is.

Utterly craptastic game, you people who said it was addictive are out of your Vulcan minds.

EDIT: Also, weapon skins (one of the main aspects of the Workshop for CSGO) are utterly pointless. If you get killed? You don't see your enemy's weapon. You see the screen go vaguely pink/red and you soldier fall down reaaaal slowly, like he's some badass "I'm still alive!" war hero. You never once see your opponent's weapon skin unless he walks RIGHT up to your character for some reason, which is doubtful since most people are just sniping from 100 yards away.

Yet even with how pointless the skins are, Valve still puts the whole "Upload your skins and if they get REALLY popular we'll officially add them to the game!" system on it, ala TF2. Considering you're the only person who sees your own skin, utterly hilariously pointless.

I had more fun with Infestation: Survivor Stories than I did with CSGO. Don't buy this.

EDIT 2: Jesus Christ, I am done looking for information about CSGO on Steam forums. Is every discussion between players either an argument over nothing or a debate about the "old days" of Counter Strike? These people are the fucking worst.

Could someone knowledgeable about CSGO please PM me and let me know how to idle this to somehow make my money back on cases and whatnot? I'll even give you a free key or two or something for your time.

Seriously, I just want to make my money back so I don't feel so bad about buying this terrible game.
Sounds like someone is just bad at the game. Once you realize that CS doesn't play like any other FPS (except maybe the older CS games) it's a lot of fun. You aren't a bullet-sponge like in the games you mentioned, you WILL die in the blink of an eye, and since you can't look down the sights for any gun without a scope, you better get good at shooting from the hip. But saying that the game is bad because other people are better at it and you don't immediately excel at it is really immature and unfair to the game.

Watch live here: http://multitwitch.tv/carlmundo/pad5504/karnus_/ianm1981/alienjonshop 
or if you just want the main stream: http://twitch.tv/carlmundo 

Raising money for Naomi House in our longest stream yet. 
Live from 3pm to 1am GMT 

There will be extra chances to win for those who donate (minimum $2/£2/€2). You can donate here:http://www.justgiving.com/nerds 

Over 1500 prizes! 

• Apogee Throwback Pack 
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag 
  • Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry 
  • Awesomenauts 
  • Awesomenauts Starstorm DLC 
  • BlackSouls 
  • Broken Age 
  • Card City Nights 
  • Damned 
  • Deadfall Adventures 
  • Doorways 
  • Dragon's Lair 
  • Draw A Stickman: EPIC 
  • Drunken Robot Pornography 
  • Eador. Masters of the Broken World 
  • Electronic Super Joy 
  • Epic Battle Fantasy 4 
  • Far Cry 3 
  • Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon 
  • Fortix 2 
  • Gun Monkeys 
  • Half Minute Hero 
  • Ittle Dew 
  • Kenshi 
  • King Arthur's Gold 
  • King of Fighters XIII 
  • Kingdoms Rise 
  • Metal Slug 3 
  • Muri 
  • Outlast 
  • Planet Explorers 
  • Race The Sun 
  • Rayman Legends 
  • RetroGrade 
  • Rise of the Triad 
  • Secrets of Raetikon 
  • Skullgirls 
  • Spacebase DF-9 
  • SteamWorld Dig 
  • Super Toy Cars 
  • The Raven 
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist 
  • Toy Soldiers: Complete 
  • Two Worlds II 
  • UnEpic 
  • Valdis Story 
  • Vanguard Princess 
  • Verdun

you really can't idle for drops in the regular game modes, if you are afk for more than 2-3 rounds your teammates will just vote kick you.

Try searching the community servers, there are few servers solely dedicated to idling, I haven't tried them myself so I don't know how well they work.

You can also try to watching the csgo tournament going on at the moment, cross your fingers and hope you get a souvenir package drop [they are currently going for $6 on the steam market] you can watch it in-game from the watch tab or on twitch tv, just make sure you link your steam account to twitch first or else you won't get any drops [info here].

Not to mention GSGO is just an ugly, ancient feeling game. This is the newest entry in the series? Really? Modern Warfare 1 feels more current and clean. Hell, I'd take CoD 2 or WaW over this. Or maybe I'll play Battlefront 1 on PS2. Or the original Ghost Recon. Or Project Snowblind on the GGG deal. Seriously, I can't even describe the level of awful this game is.

2deep4u

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back