Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why everyone should start with this gem:

01827ca9-b0ad-490c-b9a5-5e14330b259d.jpg

After that, your cost/awesomeness ratio is blown so far out of proportion that it won't matter what you play for the next decade
But, but -- that song, that song... ;)

"Ninja style

I'm gonna bring it to 'em.

I'm gonna show 'em what time it is.

It's fun to bring the noise."

EDIT:

that's 4k moron.
\LIKE

"Hope you like fireworks."

I'm really bummed out right now.

I listed an auction on eBay selling my PS1 RPG collection so I could afford a new computer and the winning buyer backed out an hour after the listing ended.

I reluctantly agreed because he felt like bad news. It turns out he was. I dug around and it looks like he's done this to two other people in the past two months. I sent them both messages urging him to report his ass. All I wanted was a new computer. :(

How the hell much are PS1 RPGs going for these days you can afford to buy a new computer for selling them?

If they really are selling for like a thousand dollars to some insane weeaboos I hope that it least it's something obscure that's been out of print for years and not some shit re-released on PSN.

That's why everyone should start with this gem:

01827ca9-b0ad-490c-b9a5-5e14330b259d.jpg

After that, your cost/awesomeness ratio is blown so far out of proportion that it won't matter what you play for the next decade
A few of my favorite lines:

Ronald Reagan sends his regards. (Right after stabbing a guy 12 times)

Suck on my gross old man balls you ♥♥♥♥ing pinko ♥♥♥♥ing commie ♥♥♥♥.

I listed an auction on eBay selling my PS1 RPG collection so I could afford a new computer and the winning buyer backed out an hour after the listing ended.

I reluctantly agreed because he felt like bad news. It turns out he was. I dug around and it looks like he's done this to two other people in the past two months. I sent them both messages urging him to report his ass. All I wanted was a new computer. :(
What games were you selling? Honestly it's usually way better to sell them individually. Less problems, just keep it buy-it-now. May take you a bit longer, but it's the better option.

How the hell much are PS1 RPGs going for these days you can afford to buy a new computer for selling them?

If they really are selling for like a thousand dollars to some insane weeaboos I hope that it least it's something obscure that's been out of print for years and not some shit re-released on PSN.
What games were you selling? Honestly it's usually way better to sell them individually. Less problems, just keep it buy-it-now. May take you a bit longer, but it's the better option.
Some were rereleased on PSN. And unfortunately, I don't have time to sell and ship these individually - or pay the extorsion fees to eBay and PayPal. I just wanted to throw them out in one lot so I would have enough in one shot.

A few of my favorite lines:

Ronald Reagan sends his regards. (Right after stabbing a guy 12 times)

Suck on my gross old man balls you ♥♥♥♥ing pinko ♥♥♥♥ing commie ♥♥♥♥.
I only played that for a short while but Mickey Rourke said "goat fucker."

Yes, Mickey Rourke voices the main character. He does -not- give a damn.

I don't sale much on eBay so I could be wrong... but I'm sure there's a way to send a 2nd chance offer to the next winning bidder. (He would get it at his max bid, not the winning bid.) Contact eBay support and see what they say.

I don't sale much on eBay so I could be wrong... but I'm sure there's a way to send a 2nd chance offer to the next winning bidder. (He would get it at his max bid, not the winning bid.) Contact eBay support and see what they say.
The next best offer was $250 dollars lower. So hell no. :p

(I had a $650 reserve on the auction. I have no idea how he got the price so high, this was my first reserve auction. And my last one.)

*makes mental note to buy PS3 JRPGs, stick them in a box somewhere and put them on eBay when PS6 is out even if they have been re-released to PSN*

Just stumbled across this 24-hour deal @ Nuuvem:

Borderlands 2 GOTY (Steamplay) - $8.75 PayPal

[customspoiler=GOTY Edition Includes]
  • Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty
  • Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage
  • Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt
  • Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep
  • Collector's Edition Pack
  • Creature Slaughterdome
  • Ultimate Vault Hunters Upgrade Pack
Characters
  • Mechromancer Pack (Gaige)
  • Pyscho Pack (Krieg)
[/customspoiler]

It will activate on MACs and PCs. It might be the lowest price to date.

The deal is active for another 16 hours 35 minutes as of this post if anyone is interested.

Edit: Neuro posted this great find earlier. I'm just a dumbass who's bringing it up again. ;)

The next best offer was $250 dollars lower. So hell no. :p

(I had a $650 reserve on the auction. I have no idea how he got the price so high, this was my first reserve auction. And my last one.)
Really? That's insane. The only way that should have went that way was if he was the only one who crossed your reserve threshold...

*makes mental note to buy PS3 JRPGs, stick them in a box somewhere and put them on eBay when PS6 is out even if they have been re-released to PSN*
Not a good investment if you ask me... I think the backwards compatibility of the PSs have up to this point contributed to the value. Without it... I think you see prices come down.

Some were rereleased on PSN. And unfortunately, I don't have time to sell and ship these individually - or pay the extorsion fees to eBay and PayPal. I just wanted to throw them out in one lot so I would have enough in one shot.
It doesn't really take that much time... and it's a hell of a lot better than creating an expensive listing that's going to have payment issues when someone realizes they don't have the money, or bids just for laughs.

And really, the "extortion" fees are 10% of the final value. That's it. Toss the expensive games up buy-it-now and you're done. They'll repeat their listings at no charge for who knows how long, taking no further time on your part besides putting a pic up and writing the description the first time. What does that take, 15 minutes?

And really, the "extortion" fees are 10% of the final value. That's it.
That's the eBay fee. You forgot the Paypal fee. And also don't forget the "Seller Protection" which is the equivalent of handing you a soiled tissue after your face has already absorbed the steady pee-stream also known as "Buyer Protection" if the winning bidder decides they want the item for free.

That's the eBay fee. You forgot the Paypal fee. And also don't forget the "Seller Protection" which is the equivalent of handing you a soiled tissue after your face has already absorbed the steady pee-stream also known as "Buyer Protection" if the winning bidder decides they want the item for free.
True, but the PayPal fee is ridiculously negligible at 2.9% + 30 cents. So, 12.9% + 30 cents overall. Your other options are Amazon (higher fees), Craigslist (can be great, but your market is much smaller), or forums such as CAG and CollectorsEdition.org (which typically take more time and are often full of people who won't pay eBay prices anyways).

You can set limitations against certain types of buyers with too many past offenses, no feedback, etc from buying from you as well if you're worried about someone scamming you. Not to say it doesn't happen, but you can take steps at avoiding it. Most people who complain about those kind of instances were too lazy to create those limitations (which take a whole 2 minutes to set). I've never once run into a problem buyer like that, and I've sold quite a bit of stuff over the years.

It's not like eBay selling is glorious, and no one likes fees, but it's still fast and relatively easy.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who watched and donated. I'm really happy that we managed to reach our goal.

Hope you guys had fun anyway! I've got some more codes I'll drop in the thread or something once my internet is sorted, as I've just moved house.

CAGs taking over Carlmundo's stream... Neuro and Deterium just won grand prizes!
Thanks again, Carl! Picked up Freedom Cry.
I did end up winning Kenshi and Broken Age so I am happy I didn't!

Edit:
And Steamworld Dig!
I have to say, it ended up being totally worth staying for the whole stream. Thanks Carlmundo!
I got a copy of Gun Monkeys. :lol:
Sorry :(

Just won King of Fighters XIII

I got like $85 worth of games for a $4 donation :)
Won Epic Battle Fantasy 4, Vanguard Princess, Damned, UnEpic, and Half Minute Hero!

Congrats on a great fundraiser, Carlmundo
Thank you for Assassin's Creed IV and some other games!
Thanks Carlmundo!

I won Metal Slug 3 and picked up AC:IV Black Flag with the Ubisoft choice code.

Congratulations for meeting and surpassing your goal for Naomi House. Also, thanks for all the hard work you put into organizing this event for charity, very well done sir.
Good job Carlmundo, didn't win anything, but I'm glad you raised so much money for charity. Thanks again.

It doesn't really take that much time... and it's a hell of a lot better than creating an expensive listing that's going to have payment issues when someone realizes they don't have the money, or bids just for laughs.

And really, the "extortion" fees are 10% of the final value. That's it. Toss the expensive games up buy-it-now and you're done. They'll repeat their listings at no charge for who knows how long, taking no further time on your part besides putting a pic up and writing the description the first time. What does that take, 15 minutes?
Add the shipping costs.

Did you know it costs $10 to send a one pound, one ounce item from Way Way Southern California (where I live) to anywhere past Texas all the way up to the East Coast? And no, you can't use Media Mail to ship videogames. Anyone who tells you otherwise hasn't read this.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who watched and donated. I'm really happy that we managed to reach our goal.

Hope you guys had fun anyway! I've got some more codes I'll drop in the thread or something once my internet is sorted, as I've just moved house.

My inbox works great for code drops. No lurkers ever steal the good stuff.

Add the shipping costs.

Did you know it costs $10 to send a one pound, one ounce item from Way Way Southern California (where I live) to anywhere past Texas all the way up to the East Coast? And no, you can't use Media Mail to ship videogames. Anyone who tells you otherwise hasn't read this.
It isn't much cheaper state side either... I was selling anime on here for awhile (needed money for PC too and its just sitting collection dust) and even without fees it took so much out of my bottom line. Honestly, the stuff I sold in bulk simply wasn't worth it.

True, but the PayPal fee is ridiculously negligible at 2.9% + 30 cents. So, 12.9% + 30 cents overall. Your other options are Amazon (higher fees), Craigslist (can be great, but your market is much smaller), or forums such as CAG and CollectorsEdition.org (which typically take more time and are often full of people who won't pay eBay prices anyways).

You can set limitations against certain types of buyers with too many past offenses, no feedback, etc from buying from you as well if you're worried about someone scamming you. Not to say it doesn't happen, but you can take steps at avoiding it. Most people who complain about those kind of instances were too lazy to create those limitations (which take a whole 2 minutes to set). I've never once run into a problem buyer like that, and I've sold quite a bit of stuff over the years.

It's not like eBay selling is glorious, and no one likes fees, but it's still fast and relatively easy.
I have to disagree on this. My limited experience selling stuff on eBay is that a) for the most part, it costs more to send something to somebody than you're going to get for it and b) eBay has a weird way of charging listing fees months after you no longer had any items listed. I didn't question it too deeply but it sure seemed like a rip-off. I gave up on posting things on eBay after my last experience, but it really doesn't seem worthwhile unless you're actually running a business selling crap on eBay. For a guy just trying to unload a few unwanted items for a bit of spending cash, it's easier to sell certain things back to Amazon or taking a crapload to Half-Price Books.

It isn't much cheaper state side either... I was selling anime on here for awhile (needed money for PC too and its just sitting collection dust) and even without fees it took so much out of my bottom line. Honestly, the stuff I sold in bulk simply wasn't worth it.
All the games I was selling fit inside a Large Flat Rate Box ($17ish anywhere in the US). Add signature and insurance and I was looking at paying about $40 total to ship everything. Oh well. I'm better off not selling the stuff to him, it turns out he's a piece of work.

So who's gonna post the daily / weekly deals? :)

Mars Logs sale, tons of Weeklong Deals, blah, blah, blah

It's interesting to see that they allow Mods a spot on the Weeklong Deal page now.

LoL.  Great.

Sales on casual-gamer-centric board games that don't support a controller.  That makes sense.  :???:

I always thought the purpose of board games was to enjoy them with other people.  I mean, who says "Come on, everyone - gather around the computer monitor.  Its time to play the Game of Life!"

So where did I miss out on the Geneforge games?  All my Steam friends seem to own them already.

Edited:  And the Earth 2150 Trilogy?  Did everyone buy these games without me?

Daily Deal
Mars: War Logs - $14.99 $3.74

Weeklong Deals
Warp - $9.99 $2.99
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight - $19.99 $6.79
Spore - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=Expansions][/customspoiler]
Iesabel - $14.99 $3.74
Men of War - $9.99 $2.49
Wanderlust - $7.99 $3.99
Zuma Deluxe - $9.99 $3.49
Monopoly - $9.99 $3.99
Theatre of War: Korea - $34.99 $13.99
Risk - $9.99 $3.99
Stardrive - $29.99 $7.49
Necrovision: Lost Company - $19.99 $4.99
Killing Floor - $19.99 $4.99
Waves - $9.99 $2.49
Jade Empire - $14.99 $5.09
Rising Storm - $19.99 $14.99
Geneforge 1 - $19.99 $3.99
Geneforge 2 - $19.99 $3.99
Geneforge III - $19.99 $3.99
Geneforge 5 - $19.99 $3.99
Geneforge 4 - $19.99 $3.99
MDK - $14.99 $7.49
Men of War: Vietnam - $34.99 $13.99
Storm in a Teacup - $4.99 $1.49
Earth 2150 - $6.99 $1.39
iBomber Attack - $5.99 $1.79
iBomber Defense: Pacific - $4.99 $1.49
iBomber Defense - $4.99 $1.49
Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $5.09
Battleship - $9.99 $3.99
Saints Row 2 - $14.99 $2.99
Deathspank - $14.99 $4.49
The Game of LIFE - $9.99 $3.99
The Sims: Medieval - $19.99 $9.99
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising - $19.99 $6.79
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Bionic Dues - $9.99 $2.49
MDK2 - $14.99 $7.49
MDK2: HD - $14.99 $7.49
Pacific Storm Allies - $7.99 $3.99
Srabble - $9.99 $3.99
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 - $19.99 $6.79
XIII Century: Gold Edition - $34.99 $13.99
Command & Conquer 3 - $14.99 $5.09
A New Beginning - $9.99 $2.49
Pacific Storm - $7.99 $3.99
Dangerous Waters - $14.99 $3.74
Dementium II HD - $14.99 $7.49
Necrovision - $19.99 $4.99
Sengoku - $9.99 $2.49
March of the Eagles - $19.99 $6.79
Real Warfare II: Northern Crusades - $34.99 $13.99
Theatre of War 2 - $34.99 $13.99
Montague's Mount - $9.99 $3.39
Real Warfare 1242 - $34.99 $13.99

Would be awesome if Valve put games form the same series next to each other, this disorganization is rather annoying.

I always thought the purpose of board games was to enjoy them with other people. I mean, who says "Come on, everyone - gather around the computer monitor. Its time to play the Game of Life!"
We've done this with the iPad at other family member's locales. That way, I can carry multiple games in the palm of my hand. Leaves the other hand free to carry the case of beer needed to get through the night.

So where did I miss out on the Geneforge games? All my Steam friends seem to own them already.

Edited: And the Earth 2150 Trilogy? Did everyone buy these games without me?
One of the Humble Weekly that featured Spiderweb Software games.

The worst part is when you click on a game instead of opening it in a new tab, then hit back, and the games are all in a completely different order and you can't remember what all you've looked at.

The worst part is when you click on a game instead of opening it in a new tab, then hit back, and the games are all in a completely different order and you can't remember what all you've looked at.
Use Enhanced Steam for browsing the store. It makes a world of difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back