Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible that they're trying to make as much money as possible on them for two days prior to putting them all up in a Humble weekly for $6, leading to all sorts of buyer's remorse in this thread?
even if that happened...i'm gonna buy them from jakenome, so i'd only be out a couple of bucks

I didn't even know there was a RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 announcement yesterday. And now, after reading this, I'm wishing I would've remained ignorant about the possibility of RollerCoaster Tycoon 4. Seriously, mobile and Facebook only??
I am also in the "wish I hadn't read Bizzquik's post about Roller Coaster Tycoon 4" boat.

fuck.

after reading this, I'm wishing I would've remained ignorant about the possibility of RollerCoaster Tycoon 4. Seriously, mobile and Facebook only??
I am also in the "wish I hadn't read Bizzquik's post about Roller Coaster Tycoon 4" boat.
Want to read a lot of brazenly angry hate messages? Check out the Neo Gaf thread on the announcement. Funny gifs and hilarious ranting, as only gaf can do.... LoL.

Speaking of this sort of thing, take a gander at this. Anybody else wonder whether this is just industry BS? The story doesn't state anywhere what criteria they are using to determine whether players finish games. Unless a game has a specific achievement for completing the story mode (and many don't), simply using % achievements unlocked or something like that is meaningless.

EDIT: I find many of these numbers very difficult to believe. Unless a game is Steamworks, I'm just not convinced that Steam completion is even a valid metric to use to measure this statistic.
This actually sounds pretty believable. I think they only are using games with trackable completion rates and Steam is the biggest online game client so even if it isn't entirely accurate I would expect it to be a big enough sample to be close enough to the actual numbers.

I'll accept their numbers for sake of argument but I'm not sure how much they say. You can play the crap out of games like Skyrim, Just Cause 2, Borderlands, Saints Row 3/4, etc without finishing the main plot. Is it really meaningful if someone has 250 hours in Skyrim but never completed the main storyline?

I was a little surprised at Portal, given how short it is, but they've also given it away for free so many times that I bet a number of people grabbed it just because it was there and then had little interest in it. If it was $4.99, they never would have bought or installed it.

For ARPGs and the like, I'd be more interested to see a chart of how many people reach each "stage". I've heard that the 50% divorce rate is a little misleading -- most divorces happen very early into the marriage and if you can last five years, you'll very likely last twenty more*. Likewise, how many people start Mass Effect and say "Nah" within the first hour or two versus people who make it 75% of the way through and then drop it?

*Off topic but life expectancy is the same way. People didn't all die at age 30 in the 1200s; rather a lot of them died between birth and age 5 and, if you lived past that, you could likely hit your 60s. Infant mortality skews the whole "life expectancy" angle pretty hard.
I think what it's intended to show is that people aren't interested in story modes in games because they may start them but they rarely finish them. In the case of something like Skyrim, I'm sure there's a case to be made, because there are certain gamers who treat open-world games like MMOs and just wander around performing side activities for the hell of it. It's a perfectly legitimate thing to do, if that's how you like to play your games, but I think that's exactly the point these devs are making.

I'm confused as to why you say that most games don't have a specific achievement for finishing the story mode. To me, this seems to be the most common achievement in every game that has them and, for all the Steamworks games listed in the article you linked to, they all have one for that. While Mass Effect 2&3 do not have Steam achievements, progress is tracked on Bioware's social website, so that data is very accessible.

It also doesn't strike me as odd that, on a platform where people tend to have the most games (1000+ games is not uncommon in this thread), they also have the most unfinished games. How many times have we started a game that we got dirt cheap in a bundle, decided it's not worth our time, and went on to play sometime else? Or started a game right before there was a sale on another game and never got back to the first? I'm just saying the numbers they present seem pretty realistic, especially on PC.
This actually sounds pretty believable. I think they only are using games with trackable completion rates and Steam is the biggest online game client so even if it isn't entirely accurate I would expect it to be a big enough sample to be close enough to the actual numbers.
Maybe. My prejudices could be showing because I don't want developers to half-ass campaign/story modes in games just for the sake of pleasing a certain demographic, just like I don't want developers tacking a half-ass multiplayer mode onto a game that was clearly developed primarily as a single-player game.

However, some of this just seems off, to me. 34% of players didn't finish the first episode of The Walking Dead? 68% didn't finish ME3? 53% Arkham City? I can understand the 68% Skyrim because of what I discussed above and I can see the 44% ME 2 because scanning planets for crap needed for Normandy upgrades is an exercise in tedium.

I understand your comments about the platform, but I guess that's another reflection of personal habits: I don't normally start a game immediately just because I got it in a bundle and I usually only play 2-3 games at once. I make a point of "finishing" one before starting another one. I may well be in the minority though.

I think what it's intended to show is that people aren't interested in story modes in games because they may start them but they rarely finish them [...] However, some of this just seems off, to me. 34% of players didn't finish the first episode of The Walking Dead?
I don't know if that reflects on the story mode. If a game is bad, I just don't want to finish it, story or not. I couldn't make myself slog through the rest of Remember Me, for instance. I was also bored senseless with TWD and probably fall in that 34% who just wrote it off and went to play something fun instead.

I don't know if that reflects on the story mode. If a game is bad, I just don't want to finish it, story or not. I couldn't make myself slog through the rest of Remember Me, for instance. I was also bored senseless with TWD and probably fall in that 34% who just wrote it off and went to play something fun instead.
Well, we all like different things, but it reflects on story mode in the sense that, unless I'm reading it wrong, the article indicates that the reason for generating these statistics is to say, "Hey, look, gamers don't care about stories, so, screw stories!"

There's a new Battle Chess. And it's early access for some reason.
5120447.jpg

That's rather mean of them... I can walk you through disable that if you need help. ;)

I luck out in that regard... My keyboard slides under the desk when not in use so its really hard for them to get too but I know what your talking about. If I put my tablet down while watching a video Mayhem will attack the screen. (More often than not pausing/stopping/fast forwarding the video in question.)

That's sort of my fault though... She fruit ninja playing kitty cat.
I have laptops, and my desk is a big massive desk-desk, no some computer table. I have massive pencil drawer.

Thanks to Motoki's awesome generosity (thanks again Motoki =D) I've given Super Toy Cars a good ol' playing.
I like it a lot, it is a little buggy here and there, nothing devastating, but it's still Early Access so that's to be expected. It's another "Top Downy Toy Car Racery Arcadey Game" * in the mould of Little Racers STREET, Bang Bang Racing, Mini Motor Racing EVO etc. I'm gonna post some pros and cons for this one.

PROS

- Very nice graphics, one of the prettier of the genre so far, on par with Bang Bang Racing.

- Different cars have fairly different driving characteristics, which you can see from their specs on the Purchase screens. Acceleration, Top Speed, Handling etc ratings are shown here and DO make quite a difference. Some cars are quite "drifty" on corners, others have better handling and grip but you can apply the handbrake to drift on the sharper turns.

- Weapons - Like Mario Kart, Wipeout etc you can pick up "single use" weapons off the track to use against other drivers.

- Choice of three views - close behind, further behind and a Micro Machines style zoomed out and directly overhead view (I had the most success with the far behind view. I would prefer an option of far behind and higher up like the one's available in Little Racers and Bang Bang)

- Fun tracks, all kinda toy themed, like the old Micro Machines game

- Great soundtrack by "The Spin Wires"

- Track editor and Steam Workshop support (although it seems fairly complex compared to Mini Motor Racing EVO's)

CONS

- A little buggy, in the hit detection you can clip objects that don't seem to be there. On one of the maps, a small raise up in the track can flip and flick your car up and get you sideways. In the "Minefield" track a mine can suddenly appear directly in front of you giving you no chance to evade it. Again, nothing too serious though. For an early access game the game is very highly polished compared to some.

- The tubes you have to drive through on some maps, are a bitch. Extremely difficult to negotiate without clipping them or getting flipped onto your side on the exit. Some cars seem a little better at getting through them cleanly.

In the Battle of the "Top Downy Toy Car Racery Arcadey Games" * , I'd place them in this order:

1) Little Racers STREET

2) Bang Bang Racing

3) Super Toy Cars

4) Mini Motor Racing EVO

* The term "Top Downy Toy Car Racery Arcadey Game" © MinDRioT 2014
I completed it a while ago. I really enjoyed it. I think a couple of the 'chieves are buggy, but otherwise it was surprisingly bug free (yes, there's some surprise clipping at the track edges).

I'd be happy to play it in multi sometime.

Speaking of this sort of thing, take a gander at this. Anybody else wonder whether this is just industry BS? The story doesn't state anywhere what criteria they are using to determine whether players finish games. Unless a game has a specific achievement for completing the story mode (and many don't), simply using % achievements unlocked or something like that is meaningless.

EDIT: I find many of these numbers very difficult to believe. Unless a game is Steamworks, I'm just not convinced that Steam completion is even a valid metric to use to measure this statistic.
It's consistent with other pieces I'd seen over the years, but I really question the methodology used. First there are some open variables... from the article you posted...

Borderlands 2 - 30%

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 32%

BioShock Infinite - 53%

The Walking Dead: Season 1, Episode 1 - 66%

The Walking Dead: Season 1, Episode 5 - 39%

Mass Effect 2 - 56%

Mass Effect 3 - 42%

Batman: Arkham City - 47%

Portal - 47%

How do you define "completed" borderlands? (I'd settle for the weakest version, finish PT1, though I'd raise the bar to lv50+ finish PT2.)

Skyrim -- IDK... if you have 40+ hours in it, you've certainly played it, it's not like it railroads you.

BSI -- surprises me a little.

TWD... wait... so you're telling me 66% of people who started S1E01 finished but of those who made it to S1E05 only 39% finished? This seems quite wrong, especially given the episodes are like an hour long.

I'd suggest gating the pool so that only people who played for more than 2 hours get counted... move the tried-it-moved-on to a separate pool. (Or some other minimum commitment to weed out the fired-it-up-briefly crowd.)

I remember reading a version of this article five years ago, that like 25% of players completed the GTA IV story (a very long and dull story). I completed GTA IV. Yes, it doesn't surprise me for a game that long.

I'll accept their numbers for sake of argument but I'm not sure how much they say. You can play the crap out of games like Skyrim, Just Cause 2, Borderlands, Saints Row 3/4, etc without finishing the main plot. Is it really meaningful if someone has 250 hours in Skyrim but never completed the main storyline?

I was a little surprised at Portal, given how short it is, but they've also given it away for free so many times that I bet a number of people grabbed it just because it was there and then had little interest in it. If it was $4.99, they never would have bought or installed it.

For ARPGs and the like, I'd be more interested to see a chart of how many people reach each "stage". I've heard that the 50% divorce rate is a little misleading -- most divorces happen very early into the marriage and if you can last five years, you'll very likely last twenty more*. Likewise, how many people start Mass Effect and say "Nah" within the first hour or two versus people who make it 75% of the way through and then drop it?

*Off topic but life expectancy is the same way. People didn't all die at age 30 in the 1200s; rather a lot of them died between birth and age 5 and, if you lived past that, you could likely hit your 60s. Infant mortality skews the whole "life expectancy" angle pretty hard.
This. Well put. I was going to write along the same lines. (and wound up doing so)

The Daily Deal on Dragon Age has given me an opportunity to ask that most open-ended of questions:

Which mods are recommended for DA? I'm talking primarily about a) quality of life improvements such as menu stuff, and b) graphical tweaks/skins packs etc. I really, really really dislike the original textures, they look so basic.

Somethings wrong with you.

Re: the main point

I thin most gamers don't really finish games. I don't want devs to half ass stories either, but that doesn't change facts. I know people who have 100s of hours into COD or BF but never finished the story. The most popular games (TF2, DOTA, L4D, etc) don't really have a story to finish.

Even games with spectacular stories (The Walking Dead for example) still don't get finished by most people. I'm sure TWD is skewed by the humble weekly where a ton of people bought it. Also, I'm sure a ton of people hear great things about it, start playing, and then quit once they realize they don't get to twitch shoot or click the mouse a million times aRPG style.

Speaking of this sort of thing, take a gander at this. Anybody else wonder whether this is just industry BS?
They never asked me, so I say BS. I have probably less than a dozen games that I haven't finished (card idling doesn't count). My head would likely implode if I was to become a player that starts, but doesn't finish a game.

The Daily Deal on Dragon Age has given me an opportunity to ask that most open-ended of questions:

Which mods are recommended for DA? I'm talking primarily about a) quality of life improvements such as menu stuff, and b) graphical tweaks/skins packs etc. I really, really really dislike the original textures, they look so basic.
Among some others, the notables I went with...

* These two are so simple and really should have just been included in the game.

I know :whistle2:( Everyone goes on about it like it's the best thing since cheesy bread and I play and it's "Wander over here, talk to this guy. Talk to that guy. Hit 'E' a bunch of times. Oh no, a zombie! Do you save the kitten or the puppy? Now Puppy-man hates you. Go talk to that guy. Now talk to that woman..."

It's like some Magic Eye thing where everyone else is getting something WAY different out of the experience and I have no idea why.

* These two are so simple and really should have just been included in the game.
This reminds me of the cool Blood Dragon armor you got in ME 2 for being a DA:O owner that looked great but had a helmet that completely obscured your head (as it did in the DA games).

I'm also going to say that I think achievments are a decent enough measure of how far into a game people are playing. Pretty much across the board there's a drop of from earliest achievement to get vs ones that you need to be later in the game to get.

I've seen very linear games where there's just no question the majority is not playing it all the way through and the drop off rate is increasing the futher along the game goes.

Even for sandbox games I think you're going to get some achievements even if you don't touch the main quest. I have 29 of 75 achievements in Skyrim. I'm not very far at all into the main quest and have never finished it. Not sure if I will, but I put 174 hours into it total. I wasn't even trying and I got almost have of the achievements. If someone has 1 or 2 I would consider it suspect that they've really dug into and played it for any significant length of time.

I'd add Skip the Fade though I suppose if it really is your first time you should play it at least once. The Dwarf area is kind of a PITA too but I don't think there's ever been a skip mod for that.

I'd strongly consider "Skip the Fade". The Fade is a long, tedious boring slog that adds nothing of value to the main story. The mod removes almost all of it except for the "boss fights" and associated dialogue so you don't miss any plot points. It also automatically adds the skill points you'd have earned on your character.

There's a valid argument to be made for wanting to play it "vanilla" or "complete" first but, man, it ain't worth it in my opinion. A whole buncha not-fun sitting like a crap bomb in the middle of an excellent game.

Re: the main point

I thin most gamers don't really finish games. I don't want devs to half ass stories either, but that doesn't change facts. I know people who have 100s of hours into COD or BF but never finished the story. The most popular games (TF2, DOTA, L4D, etc) don't really have a story to finish.

Even games with spectacular stories (The Walking Dead for example) still don't get finished by most people. I'm sure TWD is skewed by the humble weekly where a ton of people bought it. Also, I'm sure a ton of people hear great things about it, start playing, and then quit once they realize they don't get to twitch shoot or click the mouse a million times aRPG style.
But everybody's supposed to be like me, dammit! :bs:

I'd strongly consider "Skip the Fade". The Fade is a long, tedious boring slog that adds nothing of value to the main story. The mod removes almost all of it except for the "boss fights" and associated dialogue so you don't miss any plot points. It also automatically adds the skill points you'd have earned on your character.

There's a valid argument to be made for wanting to play it "vanilla" or "complete" first but, man, it ain't worth it in my opinion. A whole buncha not-fun sitting like a crap bomb in the middle of an excellent game.
I'm gonna be honest here. I'm pretty sure the entire game felt to me like The Fade felt to everybody else. Don't get me wrong, I like DA:O. I really do. I just found actually playing the game to be mindbogglingly tedious.

This reminds me of the cool Blood Dragon armor you got in ME 2 for being a DA:O owner that looked great but had a helmet that completely obscured your head (as it did in the DA games).
Which is funny, because I felt the same way. Yet, in my most recent playthrough of ME3 I decided to keep the helmet of my BD armor on because the neck area sans helmet just weirds me out. Does not look right.

I cannot connect to my Steamy!!! fuck  Lately, it seems like Steam goes down more often than one of my favorite girl friends from high school. She could suck: a golf ball through a garden hose, the chrome off a bumper, etc.

I guess what I'm saying is, Steam sucks, right now, but not in a pleasurable way.

[quote name="Syntax Error" post="11621117" timestamp="1395171636"]I know :whistle2:( Everyone goes on about it like it's the best thing since cheesy bread and I play and it's "Wander over here, talk to this guy. Talk to that guy. Hit 'E' a bunch of times. Oh no, a zombie! Do you save the kitten or the puppy? Now Puppy-man hates you. Go talk to that guy. Now talk to that woman..."

It's like some Magic Eye thing where everyone else is getting something WAY different out of the experience and I have no idea why.[/quote]You've gotta stick with it. I didn't really start getting into it until about halfway through episode 2. From there, it just gets better and better, as long as you don't mind sacrificing complex game mechanics for plot, dialogue, and characterization.

All the games I was selling fit inside a Large Flat Rate Box ($17ish anywhere in the US). Add signature and insurance and I was looking at paying about $40 total to ship everything. Oh well. I'm better off not selling the stuff to him, it turns out he's a piece of work.

So who's gonna post the daily / weekly deals? :)
Thats your problem is using flat rate. Its overpriced. Find your own box and pay like 7$ for priority shipping. Signature and confirmation is like 4 bucks. A 3lb large package cost 7 dollars to ship.

If $10 is your buy point for The Banner Saga, it's just a bit under that at Nuuvem right now.
If $7 is your buy point for The Banner Saga, It's exactly that here. ;)

Shameless plug, I know. I'm not hosting any more group buys until they get filled next time. Lesson learned.

Speaking of bundles... Today just screams "meh" from all angles. A Humble book bundle? For two weeks? :twoguns:
wlEmoticon-school.png

Thats your problem is using flat rate. Its overpriced. Find your own box and pay like 7$ for priority shipping. Signature and confirmation is like 4 bucks. A 3lb large package cost 7 dollars to ship.
I was talking about a package that weighs more than ten pounds.

And as I said before, I live in California. Shipping heavy things / large lots to the other side of the country costs a TON if I don't use flat rate.

Shipping a one pound package from my hometown to Miami costs $10.

You've gotta stick with it. I didn't really start getting into it until about halfway through episode 2. From there, it just gets better and better, as long as you don't mind sacrificing complex game mechanics for plot, dialogue, and characterization.
This basically it. I'll be honest, I feel like gaming is pretty simple as is. I mean you basically point, click, and push buttons. Just some games you do more of it or timing is more important.

I know :whistle2:( Everyone goes on about it like it's the best thing since cheesy bread and I play and it's "Wander over here, talk to this guy. Talk to that guy. Hit 'E' a bunch of times. Oh no, a zombie! Do you save the kitten or the puppy? Now Puppy-man hates you. Go talk to that guy. Now talk to that woman..."

It's like some Magic Eye thing where everyone else is getting something WAY different out of the experience and I have no idea why.
I liked Walking Dead a lot but yeah, that's pretty much the whole game.
And then the kitten dies anyway so it was all just a waste. Plus Puppy-man just gets the hell over it and helps you anyway, though he may throw it up in your face on an occasion or two, but then still help you anyway.

I like it too, but the choice is really an illusion. You just have to view it as a slightly interactive story where you can change little things here and there but the overall story is really set. And with a lot of damned if you do and damned if you don't choices.

Once I let go of the idea that I could truly change anything long term I enjoyed the story a lot more. It's definitely not uplifting though and there's a lot there that's meant to get to you emotionally, which is why I think people like it so much. You don't normally get much beyond smash kill smash in a zombie game.

5120447.jpg

I have laptops, and my desk is a big massive desk-desk, no some computer table. I have massive pencil drawer.

I completed it a while ago. I really enjoyed it. I think a couple of the 'chieves are buggy, but otherwise it was surprisingly bug free (yes, there's some surprise clipping at the track edges).

I'd be happy to play it in multi sometime.

It's consistent with other pieces I'd seen over the years, but I really question the methodology used. First there are some open variables... from the article you posted...

Borderlands 2 - 30%

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 32%

BioShock Infinite - 53%

The Walking Dead: Season 1, Episode 1 - 66%

The Walking Dead: Season 1, Episode 5 - 39%

Mass Effect 2 - 56%

Mass Effect 3 - 42%

Batman: Arkham City - 47%

Portal - 47%

How do you define "completed" borderlands? (I'd settle for the weakest version, finish PT1, though I'd raise the bar to lv50+ finish PT2.)

Skyrim -- IDK... if you have 40+ hours in it, you've certainly played it, it's not like it railroads you.

BSI -- surprises me a little.

TWD... wait... so you're telling me 66% of people who started S1E01 finished but of those who made it to S1E05 only 39% finished? This seems quite wrong, especially given the episodes are like an hour long.

I'd suggest gating the pool so that only people who played for more than 2 hours get counted... move the tried-it-moved-on to a separate pool. (Or some other minimum commitment to weed out the fired-it-up-briefly crowd.)

I remember reading a version of this article five years ago, that like 25% of players completed the GTA IV story (a very long and dull story). I completed GTA IV. Yes, it doesn't surprise me for a game that long.

This. Well put. I was going to write along the same lines. (and wound up doing so)
Hey, I actually dug GTA4's story and main quest....

Same goes for both EFLC, too.

I've finished all those.

I ain't finished Skyrim's main quest. I got over 100 hours on it - but, just ain't even finished the main stuff. Done TONS of side stuff, though.

And oddly enough, since Morrowind, I've finished at least every main quest in a Elder Scrolls game + expansions. I have finished main quests for Morrowind + Tribunal + Bloodmoon; and Oblivion + Shiv Isles + KotN + all the DLC's.

I have finished main quests for:

Batman: AA + AC;

Mass Effect 1 + 2 + 3;

Bioshock Infinite + Burial At Sea Part 1;

The Walking Dead Season 1 + 400 Days DLC.

Borderlands 1 + ALL DLC's except Mad Moxxi; and Borderlands 2 base-game;

and Portal 1.

I never finished Portal 2, though.

74Spldn.gif

IMO, the better of the two.
Yeah - I think I bought something else and that got in my way.

Happens a lot - and I just, don't go back to what I was playing.

I never finished Half-Life 1, either.

EDIT:

Thing w/ Remember Me - I think the game takes a bit of time, before it really gets going both story-wise and gameplay-wise.

They really don't give you even skills/combos/moves to start & the story just doesn't get personal enough for a little while.

I think the game really gets going, once you battle Kid XMas in the arena.

And then the kitten dies anyway so it was all just a waste. Plus Puppy-man just gets the hell over it and helps you anyway, though he may throw it up in your face on an occasion or two, but then still help you anyway.

I like it too, but the choice is really an illusion. You just have to view it as a slightly interactive story where you can change little things here and there but the overall story is really set. And with a lot of damned if you do and damned if you don't choices.

Once I let go of the idea that I could truly change anything long term I enjoyed the story a lot more. It's definitely not uplifting though and there's a lot there that's meant to get to you emotionally, which is why I think people like it so much. You don't normally get much beyond smash kill smash in a zombie game.
Sometimes, it's more about the actual journey itself than the actual final destination.

TWD is one of these games - especially since supposedly your decisions don't matter too damn much, in the long-run.

EDIT:

I know the other area many people ain't fond of is The Deep Roads.

Any mod out there to "skip" that?

I just bought Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Digital Deluxe which comes with a free copy of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. I already owned The Sands of Time however, so it put the copy in my Inventory. I only had two Steam friends that didn't own it, so Congrats Dr. Sasquatch. I bring this up, because I don't remember this being one of the games that are known to give you an Inventory copy if you already own it. It may be that it automatically gives you an Inventory copy regardless instead of trying to apply it to your Library.

Also, If anyone knows dys (CAG name: dys006), he's only got 2 days left on the SteamGift giveaways I won from him. It's weird because I won 3 giveaways, but he only sent one code, then went MIA. I believe that SteamGifts automatically marks them as not received after 7 days, so if he doesn't want his account to take a hit, he should get on that. It also shows he was online 28 minutes ago (on SteamGifts) and today on CAG and yes I sent him an email yesterday, and PM just now (after finding the original giveaway posting in the old Amazon Thread).

Yeah - I think I bought something else and that got in my way.

Happens a lot - and I just, don't go back to what I was playing.

I never finished Half-Life 1, either.
Agree - You gotta get the Portal 2 done. I thought I was the only one that hadn't finished HL1! I still load it up from time to time, and I know there's an end in there somewhere, I just can't seem to stay focused long enough to get there. All the others are just sitting there in the backlog waiting....

Agree - You gotta get the Portal 2 done. I thought I was the only one that hadn't finished HL1! I still load it up from time to time, and I know there's an end in there somewhere, I just can't seem to stay focused long enough to get there. All the others are just sitting there in the backlog waiting....
Yet - I had no problem making sure I finished HL2 + Ep 1 + Ep 2.

Though, Valve seems to have a problem finishing HL2: Ep 3 and/or HL3. ;)

I just bought Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Digital Deluxe which comes with a free copy of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. I already owned The Sands of Time however, so it put the copy in my Inventory. I only had two Steam friends that didn't own it, so Congrats Dr. Sasquatch. I bring this up, because I don't remember this being one of the games that are known to give you an Inventory copy if you already own it. It may be that it automatically gives you an Inventory copy regardless instead of trying to apply it to your Library.

Also, If anyone knows dys (CAG name could be different), he's only got 2 days left on the SteamGift giveaways I won from him. It's weird because I won 3 giveaways, but he only sent one code, then went MIA. I believe that SteamGifts automatically marks them as not received after 7 days, so if he doesn't want his account to take a hit, he should get on that. It also shows he was online 28 minutes ago (on SteamGifts) and yes I sent him an email yesterday..
Thank you very much! You got me to peek at your wishlist, and I had a few codes for some of those games, so check your CAG inbox in like 38 seconds. :D

Remember Me and Mars: War Logs GET!

So happy to get Remember Me on Steam. This is one of my most favorite gaming experiences of last gen. A glittering jewel of gorgeous, cinematic uniqueness.

Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back