Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see the desire to have more mouse buttons, trust me I 10 on the mouse I use, BUT buttons on a mouse that aren't easy/comfortable to reach aren't really useable so be careful when you open the box so you can keep everything as new as possible... Amazon will take it back.

Also, I think you might be approaching your problem from the wrong hand... You seem to be mad at them for making you use the keyboard in a way you don't want to... A fully customizable "keyboard" makes more sense to me. Have you thought about replacing your keyboard for a gaming keypad? (Like the Orbweaver, g13, Nostromo, etc?)
Never even thought of a G13, Orbweaver, or any of those, no.

I could be wrong - but I think my thumb accessing around 10 of those 12 keys on the G600 MMO will solve my problem w/ customization of putting important hotkeys (usually for skills in RPG's, MMO's, action games, FPS, etc) where I want that.

I'm used to claw-gripping mouse w/ my right-hand; and letting it float over to the keypad on right-hand side of the keyboard. I'm, more or less, tired of moving my right hand so much back and forth.

I'm gonna have to just wait and see, to see if I like G600 MMO.

I played it and enjoyed it. It's not super long, it's pretty simple as far as VNs go, but the writing was good and got a handful of laughs out of me. It was easy to connect with the girls (not enough to... marry one of them for realies, but I digress), and the "virtual girlfriend" mode after you finish the story and decide to date one of them is amusing. Unfortunately that mode is almost entirely controlled via voice commands... in Japanese. I patched the game into English, but that does nothing to the voice commands, so it's too much of a pain to bother at that point.

Really though, the production value is obviously way higher than your average VN. It's a well made game and worth a couple hours if you like that sort of thing at all. I'd recommend it.
Cool. I may have to try it at some point.

Did you play the DS version or the 3DS one?

Never even thought of a G13, Orbweaver, or any of those, no.

I could be wrong - but I think my thumb accessing around 10 of those 12 keys on the G600 MMO will solve my problem w/ customization of putting important hotkeys (usually for skills in RPG's, MMO's, action games, FPS, etc) where I want that.

I'm used to claw-gripping mouse w/ my right-hand; and letting it float over to the keypad on right-hand side of the keyboard. I'm, more or less, tired of moving my right hand so much back and forth.

I'm gonna have to just wait and see, to see if I like G600 MMO.
I used the G600 for a while, but my hands just could not get used to the shift (ring finger) button nor the palm grip. I'm a claw gripper and and my hands just didn't want to use it that way. I'm still floating between my M.M.O 7 and a Razer Naga 2014. I would say if you want a customizable mouse with multiple buttons, the Naga 2014 is the best I've used. It's thumb buttons are easy to press and provide solid feedback due to the mechanical nature. I have no more trouble finding the 12 buttons on the 2014 than compared to my Naga Hex (6 buttons).

And as someone who is not comfortable with standard keyboard controls, I would also recommend a gamepad of some type. Most of the newer ones are all solid and only differ in personal preferences. I was using a Razer Tartarus (gave it to a friend) and that was easy enough to use. I'm using an Orbweaver and G13 now. I keep going back to the G13, but use the Orbweaver when I use my Naga mouse, just for software setup convenience. Though, I wish I had ponied up to get the stealth version of the Orbweaver. (clack, clack, clack, clack)

Gta4 has gfwl? Glad I didn't buy that in the sale..
GTA4 PC + EFLC PC have G4WL + Rockstar Social Club + Securom.

Buy a Steam-version - throw Steamworks on top of it...at least for the download, anyways.

Technically though, you can boot those w/out Steam, once downloaded from there.

Some G4WL-based games don't come w/ CEG attached currently (such as RFG + FO3 + GTA4 & EFLC).

More like "hurry up and play it before GFWL shuts down and it becomes a digital paperweight" (can't be played with an online profile and Epic can't be bothered to patch it out).
I should probably give that a second playthrough before GFWL asplodes. It was a really fun four hour romp.

It's not about the online being good or not (I haven't tried it) but that you can't play any part of it with an offline profile (including single player), essentially making the game unplayable once GFWL shuts down.

EDIT: well this post is telling me something different, though I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet (would be great if it's true, I'd rather not lose access to it): http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/764577-So-BS-DOES-have-always-online-DRM?p=27947951&viewfull=1#post27947951
There's always the fan patch that neutralizes the DRM...

I'm going to guess DS because the 3DS hasn't been hacked enough at this point for that to be possible.

Gta4 has gfwl? Glad I didn't buy that in the sale..
Yes, it's the only Rockstar game that does, iirc. I JUST got it and the DLC in the GTA pack (with III, VC, SA) during the last sale too. Normally I would be upset but since I won it in a giveaway, it comes with all these other GTA games, was only $10 at the time, andddd I've had all those GTA games on my OG Xbox/360 for years (except SA, really excited to have a non-PS2 version with online MP!), I'm not too upset.

I kinda wanted to get Bulletstorm on PC because the 360 MP is dead (I got it around launch for $35 for the fancy version), but I guess I can't now. ;_;

Actually, what you can do as an alternative, is run a keyboard remapper program (for games that don't let you adjust key bindings).

Recently on my toaster laptop, three keys on it (g key, 3 key and spacebar) broke while I was removing them for a cleaning, and since touching the rubbery springs absolutely makes me cringe, I had to figure out an alternative solution because the g and space bar are used far too frequently to just give up. It was then when I found out you can use software to remap what happens when you push each key.

So now my Caps Lock key is g, my right shift key is space and my ` key is 3 (all keys I pretty much never use)

I would give you the name of the program, but unfortunately, my toaster runs on Linux and I assume yours is Windows. I'm sure there's a Windows-equivalent, but I don't know it off-hand. For those who have Linux and ARE interested though, it's called "xkeycaps". The major downside is you have to remap the keys every time you restart your computer. There are better solutions available but I am too dumb when it comes to Linux to implement them.

And of course the best part is it's 100% FREE. :D

Edit: The major upside to xkeycaps though is there is NO input lag whatsoever unlike other programs, as there's no program running in the background converting your keystrokes.

These GFWL game aren't affected if you get the console version? Or does the console version also require it?
Console versions are only subject to their hardware's DRM (and not Uplay, Origin, etc, though they can connect to the appropriate accounts in-game if you want) because on a closed system the inherent DRM is all that's necessary. GFWL is exclusive to PC, the console versions will remain unaffected.

So will we be able to play GTA4 and Episodes at all if GFWL is dead and they don't patch the games? I don't care about the multiplayer. I'd assume worse case scenario you could download a crack or something.

It's hard to imagine Rockstar would allow one of their biggest games to be unplayable for the rest of time (on PC at least).

So will we be able to play GTA4 and Episodes at all if GFWL is dead and they don't patch the games? I don't care about the multiplayer. I'd assume worse case scenario you could download a crack or something.

It's hard to imagine Rockstar would allow one of their biggest games to be unplayable for the rest of time (on PC at least).
We don't know yet.

Many of G4WL-required games used some kind of Microsoft-based Server-Side Authentication - had to activate the game on their servers, before you could even run it.

About Rockstar - they ain't even ported GTA5 + RDR here to the PC (two very BIG-time games), so who's to say if they even care about PC gamers anymore?

I wish more companies using any sort of online features (Cloud-saves, Multiplayer game-play, etc) and/or MP would just drop G4WL and switch to Steamworks.

Rockstar does have RockStar Social Club - so if anything, I wouldn't be surprised if they switch their games to that.

But, doing such a switch of any kind - that'll probably cost them some even more $, resources, and time to get it done. I don't think $ would be a problem, though - given how well GTA5 sold on the consoles.

EDIT:

You know, I wouldn't be surprise if companies don't officially take action, gamers take things into their hands and just make unofficial patches to skip and/or remove G4WL for certain games - especially for popular and big-name games.

They consider PC players less than third-tier to them. They make all their money from console version sales. Look at all their previous PC ports, most of them are pretty buggy and they never - ever - fix any problems that arise due to newer PC hardware. Max Payne 1 has severe audio issues in Windows 7 and they still sell it. Manhunt 1 is apparently only supposed to run on Windows XP - and they still sell it. They only removed the early GTA games because they wouldn't FIX THE SAVE GAME BUGS.

They apply DRM on top of DRM on top of DRM and don't care if it makes the games unplayable - because they know we PC players don't buy legit games, it's all piracy. :whistle2:?

Online stores and retailers should refuse to sell their games if they're just gonna let them die, but they're too cowardly to do anything against these companies. But they don't care because they still get their cut.

That's why I pirate: Because companies can't take the time to fix any problems in their games when they're damn capable of doing so. Rockstar made millions of dollars with GTA5. They can afford to fix their damn games.

They consider PC players less than third-tier to them. They make all their money from console version sales. Look at all their previous PC ports, most of them are pretty buggy and they never - ever - fix any problems that arise due to newer PC hardware. Max Payne 1 has severe audio issues in Windows 7 and they still sell it. Manhunt 1 is apparently only supposed to run on Windows XP - and they still sell it. They only removed the early GTA games because they wouldn't FIX THE SAVE GAME BUGS.

They apply DRM on top of DRM on top of DRM and don't care if it makes the games unplayable - because they know we PC players don't buy legit games, it's all piracy. :whistle2:?

Online stores and retailers should refuse to sell their games if they're just gonna let them die, but they're too cowardly to do anything against these companies. But they don't care because they still get their cut.

That's why I pirate: Because companies can't take the time to fix any problems in their games when they're damn capable of doing so. Rockstar made millions of dollars with GTA5. They can afford to fix their damn games.
Should have just said "why I don't buy them" instead of the p-word, now we're in for pages and pages of debate. ;_;

On point though, you're right, Rockstar has never given a shit about PC players ever aside from easy money from lazy ports. The only reason any of those games work is because of fan patches. Bully shipped in a similar piss-poor state and the community is the only reason it got fixed.

AutoHotkey is my favorite keyboard remapper for Windoze.  It doesn't even require admin privileges to install.

I use it for oddball stuff like remapping my CTRL key to the usual CAPSLOCK location, or adding sound volume keys to keyboards that don't have volume keys.  It can also handle mouse events, so I understand.

I'd rather Rockstar still sell their games on the PC than not sell them at all. As long as the modders and community will do anything they can to get them working properly - then that's good. I know it shouldn't come to that and dev's/pub's should support their game - but having modders are better than nothing. And sometimes, like Durante, they do a better job the actual dev's did w/ porting & PC-enhancing the game.

I do think once a game gets wicked-old, cheap, won't get any more DLC's/expansion, and/or won't be supported much anymore - all DRM should be removed. Especially for games that have a Single-Player (offline) portion. DRM's just another layer that can often get in the way of games running at all on newer OS's and newer hardware - i.e. see a lot of the problems games w/ StarForce had on systems after Windows XP for a while b/c its drivers were OS-specific. There's good reason why games like Doom are still around today - b/c of lack of DRM and being very highly moddable. It's even better when companies like Id Software release the Source Code to their game, allowing their games to, more or less, able to be preserved much longer.

About Max Payne 1 + 2 - those were made by Remedy. IIRC, Rockstar holds the distribution & IP rights. If Rockstar won't fix it themselves, then Rockstar should really talk to Remedy and get them to fix their game. At least modders have found ways to try to get them working.

AutoHotkey is my favorite keyboard remapper for Windoze. It doesn't even require admin privileges to install.

I use it for oddball stuff like remapping my CTRL key to the usual CAPSLOCK location, or adding sound volume keys to keyboards that don't have volume keys. It can also handle mouse events, so I understand.
Do you use this just for Windows?

Or also for a lot of your games?

Ah. Sorry.

I should make it clear that I do pay for my games. Maybe not retail price, but I pay for my stuff.
S'okay, I think we'll avoid any debate.. THIS time.

AutoHotkey is my favorite keyboard remapper for Windoze. It doesn't even require admin privileges to install.

I use it for oddball stuff like remapping my CTRL key to the usual CAPSLOCK location, or adding sound volume keys to keyboards that don't have volume keys. It can also handle mouse events, so I understand.
Thank you. I knew there was some sort of good Windows-equivalent out there but didn't want to recommend anything I hadn't extensively tested.

I'd rather Rockstar still sell their games on the PC than not sell them at all. As long as the modders and community will do anything they can to get them working properly - then that's good. I know it shouldn't come to that and dev's/pub's should support their game - but having modders are better than nothing. And sometimes, like Durante, they do a better job the actual dev's did w/ porting & PC-enhancing the game.
I agree with this, but it's still sort of disgusting how MUCH they seem to rely on the modders'/community's work, when you take into account that all that work is done for free, and they don't see a penny of the massive profits Rockstar does per sale. Not to mention those mods actually lead to more sales for each game (for example, I got SA for the MP mod). Never mind that those PC ports are incredibly overpriced for the amount of effort put into them.

If Rockstar compensated those modders (either in a lump sum or a % per sale), and made the availability of the mods highly visible to purchasers then I personally wouldn't have a problem with it.

But then that leads to bad precedents, and mods possibly being sold for money, and that's a whole mess.

/opinion

I agree that mods are better than no mods though.

I can see the desire to have more mouse buttons, trust me I 10 on the mouse I use, BUT buttons on a mouse that aren't easy/comfortable to reach aren't really useable so be careful when you open the box so you can keep everything as new as possible... Amazon will take it back.

Also, I think you might be approaching your problem from the wrong hand... You seem to be mad at them for making you use the keyboard in a way you don't want to... A fully customizable "keyboard" makes more sense to me. Have you thought about replacing your keyboard for a gaming keypad? (Like the Orbweaver, g13, Nostromo, etc?)
Yeah... I'm not sure how necessary having so many mouse buttons really is, even in MMOs. The buttons are tiny and prone to error finding each one on the fly.

In MMOs, my mapping goes as follows. Primary attack either goes to right click, or the thumb button. Secondary attack goes to the front thumb button. Charged/resource/heavy attack, or quick healing abilities, go to the middle mouse button. Then a variety of abilities go to E, Q, R, sometimes F, then tab gets a healing potion type of thing, and heavy, seldom used attacks usually go to 1 and 2. Sometimes I'll put a toggle type of ability, sprint or such, on X.

And if there are multiple quickbars, like on SWTOR where you're managing a crazy amount of abilities? Then I use the same mappings as the first bar, + shift. Another bar? Same, + ctrl. Yet another (yes, SWTOR is ridiculous)? Same, + shift and ctrl. All of these keys are pretty infallible to error, and RIGHT next to WASD for super easy access. I've been tempted to try the Naga, but really, I've never played an MMO or ARPG and thought "I need more mouse buttons".

DS.

I kinda wanted to get Bulletstorm on PC because the 360 MP is dead (I got it around launch for $35 for the fancy version), but I guess I can't now. ;_;
If you think PC multiplayer of... well... anything, is going to be more active than console MP, you're sadly mistaken...

Ah. Sorry.

I should make it clear that I do pay for my games. Maybe not retail price, but I pay for my stuff.
Yeah, I've pirated games that I've bought already many times for DRM and modding reasons. Hell, I'm running a pirated Skyrim because my mods have been broken by updates and Steam bullshit too many times to count. Switched to a cracked version, haven't had one problem since.

Do you use this just for Windows?

Or also for a lot of your games?
Yeah, AutoHotkey is awesome. You can even map keys to games that don't normally recognize keys. I've used it many times to map thumb buttons to older games that don't allow you to map them.

The Daily Deal on Dragon Age has given me an opportunity to ask that most open-ended of questions:

Which mods are recommended for DA? I'm talking primarily about a) quality of life improvements such as menu stuff, and b) graphical tweaks/skins packs etc. I really, really really dislike the original textures, they look so basic.
Assuming you're not already well underway, I just started a new game (oh, WHY?!) and tried the very popular JB3Textures mod. It's overall a nice addition to the game but the latest version makes the faces look (in my opinion) horrendous. Weird dirt spots all over and stuff. So I followed some other instructions and had to remove the new face files from the .rar and make people look normal again. I mainly warn so, if you're interested in the mod, you know there might be a decision between "ugly faces" and "additional tinkering" and if you're not up for either you might want to skip it.

I did try some character specific face mods for Morrigan and Leliana but they still looked just as bad with the JB3 textures. Plus, most mods of that type are more dramatic changes than I like -- I have no desire to radically change anyone's appearance.

I did try some character specific face mods for Morrigan and Leliana but they still looked just as bad with the JB3 textures. Plus, most mods of that type are more dramatic changes than I like -- I have no desire to radically change anyone's appearance.
I used JB3Textures as well, but didn't notice any dirt. Maybe because I installed Dragon Age Redesigned after the texture pack?

Pretty sure you can still play, since when you mod GTA IV you have to apply a patch that disables GFWL. The save file will be different from your online GFWL profile, but you can still play.

I used JB3Textures as well, but didn't notice any dirt. Maybe because I installed Dragon Age Redesigned after the texture pack?
Could be. I know that I'm not insane because I saw enough complaints about it that the author gave a list of files to remove to fix the issue. Redesigned may have overwritten those files on its own. He also said they were added in the most recent version so maybe you used a prior version.

I agree with this, but it's still sort of disgusting how MUCH they seem to rely on the modders'/community's work, when you take into account that all that work is done for free, and they don't see a penny of the massive profits Rockstar does per sale. Not to mention those mods actually lead to more sales for each game (for example, I got SA for the MP mod). Never mind that those PC ports are incredibly overpriced for the amount of effort put into them.

If Rockstar compensated those modders (either in a lump sum or a % per sale), and made the availability of the mods highly visible to purchasers then I personally wouldn't have a problem with it.

But then that leads to bad precedents, and mods possibly being sold for money, and that's a whole mess.

/opinion

I agree that mods are better than no mods though.
Certainly not going to argue there. I do feel dev's + pub's should support their games, even long after they're done w/ them. It doesn't mean they should constantly update them - but at least patch them to keep them bloody working, if necessary; especially if they're still selling them. I'm thinking the kind of patching Blizzard did for numerous years w/ Diablo 2 + Starcraft 1, years after the game's been around; maybe the occasional patch when necessary.

And you're right - it's crazy when guys like Durante fix PC-versions of games like Dark Souls + Deadly Premonition and get nothing in return; especially on brand-new PC-releases. Well, he's not entirely getting nothing in return - but, they surely do get the gratitude from guys like me keeping us PC gamers happy + playing gems we want to keep playing.

But, really - if they ain't going to fix their own game, just Open Source the game like Id has done. That way - if can be up to the community to fix, make Source Ports, make new Engines, or do anything else they want to and need to, just to fix the game and modify it.

Pretty sure you can still play, since when you mod GTA IV you have to apply a patch that disables GFWL. The save file will be different from your online GFWL profile, but you can still play.
Sure, that'll keep the SP going - which probably currently is the most important aspect of GTA4 + EFLC...and older previous GTA's.

But, what about GTA4 PC's online Multiplayer mode? Is anybody going to hack that and get some servers up for it?

Actually - hell, does anybody even play that, anymore? Especially here on the PC?

Hell, actually - I never even tried the GTA4 MP.

A lot of times, if I finish a lengthy SP campaign - yeah, I won't even touch the MP. I'll already be burnt-out.

If I do touch it - it'll be way later, sometime down the line; which probably won't be likely.

EDIT:

Yeah, I've pirated games that I've bought already many times for DRM and modding reasons. Hell, I'm running a pirated Skyrim because my mods have been broken by updates and Steam bullshit too many times to count. Switched to a cracked version, haven't had one problem since.
I kind of have a system here w/ Steam-versions of games - I always back-up a clean unmodded copy of a game BEFORE that I actually do decide to mod it up. This way, I don't have re-download the game - especially if it's a monster, in terms of GB's for downloading. You never know when the hell an official patch might come your way - and just flat-out break your game; especially true w/ newer games that might be more likely to still get official patches/updates and/or official DLC's/expansions.

I have actually refused to MOD at all Skyrim until I actually at least all the DLC for it - that's just in case we get more official patches; and there's also a part of me that wants to finish the main quest w/out modding it. I doubt it'll get updates officially, since they've probably moved on by now - but hell, you never know; Skyrim ain't super-duper old just yet.

I kind of have a system here w/ Steam-versions of games - I always back-up a clean unmodded copy of a game BEFORE that I actually do decide to mod it up. This way, I don't have re-download the game - especially if it's a monster, in terms of GB's for downloading. You never know when the hell an official patch might come your way - and just flat-out break your game; especially true w/ newer games that might be more likely to still get official patches/updates and/or official DLC's/expansions.

I have actually refused to MOD at all Skyrim until I actually at least all the DLC for it - that's just in case we get more official patches; and there's also a part of me that wants to finish the main quest w/out modding it. I doubt it'll get updates officially, since they've probably moved on by now - but hell, you never know; Skyrim ain't super-duper old just yet.

But, what about GTA4 PC's online Multiplayer mode? Is anybody going to hack that and get some servers up for it?

Actually - hell, does anybody even play that, anymore? Especially here on the PC?
Eh, that just means more people will play the superior San Andreas online MP mod. I have no problem with this. :p

EDIT:

I do the same thing with Skyrim, but that doesn't help anything when your modded game breaks.

And I'd recommend not doing the whole "Play the whole thing Vanilla first" approach with Skyrim. You can just plain make the game better looking, better playing, and more enjoyable with mods. You don't have to change the content of the game, just the graphics and mechanics.

Yeah, AutoHotkey is awesome. You can even map keys to games that don't normally recognize keys. I've used it many times to map thumb buttons to older games that don't allow you to map them.
For modern games - is using AutoHotKey considered cheating or ban-able?

I do the same thing with Skyrim, but that doesn't help anything when your modded game breaks.

And I'd recommend not doing the whole "Play the whole thing Vanilla first" approach with Skyrim. You can just plain make the game better looking, better playing, and more enjoyable with mods. You don't have to change the content of the game, just the graphics and mechanics.
More so than anything for Skyrim - any recommendations for UI Mods (for the Inventory)?

EDIT:

I seriously doubt it. It's just mapping one key to another...
Good to know.

Hmmmm, future education software bundle item?

header_292x136.jpg

Influent is a Language Learning Game, focusing primarily on vocabulary acquisition and pronunciation. It is truly awesome.
waiting for humble bundle weekly for this

So my current WPA security is no good? Good to know. I guess that would explain why my ISP sent me a letter about downloading illegal horse porn.

And how do YOU know about the locks on my front door, hmm? :p If you wanted to break in, and kidnap me, all you had to do was ask. (Joke's on you, you can't even get in through the front door because it has lots of construction shit in front of it, I use the side door.)
next time you make illegal horse porn, you should blur out your face.

tumblr_m7cx0v0Fgp1rbaxuco1_500.gif

RefleX March 27, Indie Gala October, cards
sweet bought this from fox.

That's actually why my passwords are all in foreign languages. Semi-easy to remember, much harder to guess.
narrowed it down to one of these

Qui a pete?

Pios eklase

Hver prumpaði?

Vem pruttade?

Bing Goh Fong Pay?

Bean Gwoh Fung Pien?

WER HAT DEN SCHLECHTEN GERUCH GEBILDET

Kis nay paad marya?

wie het gepoep

кто пукал

hvem feset

Does anybody here own a Goat costume by any chance?

Because if you do, you are guaranteed 10 keys for Goat Simulator
damn, my neighbor is going to be pissed when he finds out I killed his goat and wore it to win steam keys of a crappy game.

next time you make illegal horse porn, you should blur out your face.

tumblr_m7cx0v0Fgp1rbaxuco1_500.gif

narrowed it down to one of these

Qui a pete?

Pios eklase

Hver prumpaði?

Vem pruttade?

Bing Goh Fong Pay?

Bean Gwoh Fung Pien?

WER HAT DEN SCHLECHTEN GERUCH GEBILDET

Kis nay paad marya?

wie het gepoep

кто пукал

hvem feset

damn, my neighbor is going to be pissed when he finds out I killed his goat and wore it to win steam keys of a crappy game.
Nah, I use a mask. I'm old-school.

Also, you're actually pretty close dead wrong. So wrong you shouldn't even try putting any of those in to sign in as me on CAG. Nope, terrible idea. I heard if you do, you die of cancer instantly.

Just finished MoH:Airborne. I miss that kind of FPS games, great quality and gameplay. I think I'll play Allied Assault next (from the last GOG sale)

Regarding removing DRM from old games:

This is usually not a simple matter, like going into the source code and removing a few offending lines or flipping a binary variable.  The more effective forms of DRM are often built in from the start and would take a team a while to accomplish, then prompting another testing phase.  I would simply not expect it for any game that isn't likely to sell decently as a result.

Regarding modders bypassing DRM:

To say that they do it free is technically true, but in the end, they're doing it for themselves and then just sharing the method they found with others.  Some do it for the challenge or for the cred or to make a point, but I don't think any see it as their duty.

Of course, you could combine these and have the publisher commission the patch from the modder, but you would still need the testing phase, and you'd probably still want someone to go through the source code to make sure there isn't anything else going on... so you're back at the same amount of labor involved when they do it themselves, still without much of a sales expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back