Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on Reddit said that's going to be in some future Groupees bundle. One of the Clash of the Worlds ones I think.

So just in case you were thinking about being a FakeCAG with it, don't.

I don't have the source but most likely it was the AOL Groupees chat room so good luck finding it.
lulz @ Weaboo edit

I noticed that in Groupees chat, too. It should definitely be in the highly anticipated Clash of the Worlds Japan bundle. Katawa Shoujo might also be in that bundle, since it is/was pretty popular. Unfortunately, no word on whether or not Idiot's favorite, Boob Wars, will be in it. The amount of nip that could give the bundle would pancake the other Clash-themed ones.

lulz @ Weaboo edit

I noticed that in Groupees chat, too. It should definitely be in the highly anticipated Clash of the Worlds Japan bundle. Katawa Shoujo might also be in that bundle, since it is/was pretty popular. Unfortunately, no word on whether or not Idiot's favorite, Boob Wars, will be in it. The amount of nip that could give the bundle would pancake the other Clash-themed ones.
Have you seen my video review? I hated that game and only could bring myself to play through one level.

[customspoiler='Kitty']
136348.jpg
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Bubbles?]
5c69881548dad606fb274fa64358380c.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Plus Steam reviews are a joke anyway. Unless it's a universally reviled game like War Z or Garry's Incident the fanbois and shills will rate you down to oblivion not matter how well articulated your review is. I see that shit all the time. Some lame ass short review liking a game that doesn't give any useful info gets rated more "useful" than detailed negative review that clearly states reasons to back up not recommending the game. I guess people don't bother sifting through reviews and upvoting negative ones for games they don't like unless it's something from some idiot developer that totally stirs the pot with the community by going nuts with the censorship.
I've written negative reviews of games that aren't completely hated by the internet at large and managed not to get down voted to hell, so I'm not sure what people are reading in your reviews that is causing them to down vote them.

Yes. I don't want any drama with the squirrel and having him have Spoder spy on me on his behalf to see if I am coming to X event or whatever because it would be, like, awkward or something if we are both playing Sonic racing RPG and one or both of our asses has a bug up it because I have more trashy games than him. Or something. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I'm still in the Diablo group and that's mostly what I've been playing these days anyhow.
For the record it was nothing like that, but you can continue to believe what you want as clearly you're above talking rationally about it (whatever "it" may be).

lulz @ Weaboo edit

Um. Katawa Shoujo (which is awesome) is freeware.

...also, not from Japan.

http://youtu.be/0jCA7F7aHxA
/liked because this is one of Countess Burgula and I's favorite songs. Track 5 at our wedding reception.

figure I'll actually post a deal for once

19.99 USD
11.99 Ukraine
unfortunately by the time I get on, all the good deals have been found.

You know, what with all the horrible games getting on to Steam, I no longer feel that uncensored ecchi games being available on the service is an impossibility.  Now it just seems like a matter of time.

Motoki is World Hokey Cokey Champion.

An opinion on Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes.

I played an hour or two, enjoyed it a bit, but all the time I kept thinking "I really hope this is like Age of Wonders" "It's a bit like Age of Wonders I guess" "I wish I could play Age of Wonders" and so on.

I definitely need to go back and give it another shot, but it's a game that's guilty of being Not Exactly What I Wanted It To Be and I only have myself to blame.

Age of Wonders III is my first instabuy of the Summer Seal.

All reviews that are more than a few sentences get downvoted because tl:dr. To get upvotes you have to make a snarky/silly/out of leftfield comment and give a score of at least 10/10. For example, I'll write up a review for Card City Nights, which I played for 15 minutes last night(which is clearly all you need to play to write one of these effective reviews).

You can play as a carrot...that wears a hat. 11/10

All reviews that are more than a few sentences get downvoted because tl:dr. To get upvotes you have to make a snarky/silly/out of leftfield comment and give a score of at least 10/10. For example, I'll write up a review for Card City Nights, which I played for 15 minutes last night(which is clearly all you need to play to write one of these effective reviews).

You had me at hat.

The next batch of keys are being sent for anyone who claimed their copy of Paranormal State on the new redemption site (and was eligible - i.e. hadn't applied already.)

Killing Floor 2 already?! What a blatant cash grab. Probably just a rehash with 400 pieces of day one dlc.
I don't think so. KF 1 is from 2009... So it took them 5 years to announce #2. From what I read, it will be a vastly superior game, and knowing Tripwire, DLCs will not unbalance the game.

After reading them mention GHOUL (soldier of Fortune engine), I threw money at my screen. They are using a similar (but vastly improved) engine, MEAT. The game will be ultra-gore. Caps will raise to 25. Yo can choose perks every x levels.

I'm sold. I will pre-order it the minute it is available (if they don't use a very high msrp)

Not even sure how much of this is sarcasm or not.

People upvote silly reviews. People upvote longer reviews. If your reviews continue to be downvoted when you feel you're putting a lot of effort into them, then maybe it's a good idea to look at what you're saying in them and not blaming it on people been biased toward reviews that couldn't fit on twitter.

People upvote silly reviews. People upvote longer reviews. If your reviews continue to be downvoted when you feel you're putting a lot of effort into them, then maybe it's a good idea to look at what you're saying in them and not blaming it on people been biased toward reviews that couldn't fit on twitter.
Or you could completely ignore the user reviews on Steam like any other sane person.

I don't think so. KF 1 is from 2009... So it took them 5 years to announce #2. From what I read, it will be a vastly superior game, and knowing Tripwire, DLCs will not unbalance the game.

After reading them mention GHOUL (soldier of Fortune engine), I threw money at my screen. They are using a similar (but vastly improved) engine, MEAT. The game will be ultra-gore. Caps will raise to 25. Yo can choose perks every x levels.

I'm sold. I will pre-order it the minute it is available (if they don't use a very high msrp)
I was just joking.

It's just an exaggeration of a trend for Steam reviews. There are a lot of really good, longer reviews that get upvoted. But there are also a bunch of idiotic pointless reviews that are of no use that get upvoted for some reason. I don't write reviews nor rely on them, so I'm not super concerned. It would be frustrating for someone that does write out well thought helpful reviews to be somewhat drowned out amongst the junk.

Edit: meant to multiquote that, sorry for double.

GetGames has a few sales for the weekend.

Batman Franchise Sale, up to 75% off:

• Batman Arkham City GOTY - $4.99 (75% off)
  • Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY - $4.99 (75% off)
  • Batman: Arkham Origins - $8.99 (70% off)
  • Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass - $6.79 (66% off)
  • Lego Batman - $4.99 (75% off) (GFWL)
  • Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - $4.99 (75% off)
Thief Franchise Sale, up to 75% off:

• Thief: Gold - $1.74 (75% off)
  • Thief: Deadly Shadows - $2.24 (75% off)
  • Thief II: The Metal Age - $1.74 (75% off)
  • Thief (2014) - $24.99 (50% off)
  • Thief: Master Thief Edition - ($26.49 (50% off)
Guns & Funfairs Sale, 50% off:

• Call of Duty 2 Mac* - $9.99
  • Call of Duty 4 Mac* - $9.99
  • RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum Edition Mac* - $9.99
*These Mac games are SteamPlay, so they install on PC too.

All activate on Steam, other DRM also noted.

GetGames Daily Deal:

It's just an exaggeration of a trend for Steam reviews. There are a lot of really good, longer reviews that get upvoted. But there are also a bunch of idiotic pointless reviews that are of no use that get upvoted for some reason. I don't write reviews nor rely on them, so I'm not super concerned. It would be frustrating for someone that does write out well thought helpful reviews to be somewhat drowned out amongst the junk.
I think it would definitely help if there was a minimum character limit for reviews, like Amazon has (even though that doesn't completely dismiss the single sentence unhelpful ones). I've found generally if you put effort into writing your review eventually enough people will see it that it'll start shifting the joke "reviews" down, though YMMV on that I suppose.

That's two sales on Origins in one week. I smell the GotY edition right around the corner. Shame they don't have Blackgate included.

I'm still waiting for another Thief sale at GMG, and RC3 needs to be $5 already.

Thanks for posting CM.

Is it a TF2 hat? Because if it is, I'm in for 11 copies.

I was interested in TS14 then I noticed the riduclous pricing of everything for it lol, its damn near $3k for all the DLC

That's not correct. Soldier of Fortune used a modified Quake 2 engine. Killing Floor 2 will be using Unreal Engine 3 (same as Red Orchestra 2). Killing Floor used UE 2.5.

GetGames has a few sales for the weekend.

Batman Franchise Sale, up to 75% off:

• Batman Arkham City GOTY - $4.99 (75% off)
  • Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY - $4.99 (75% off)
  • Batman: Arkham Origins - $8.99 (70% off)
  • Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass - $6.79 (66% off)
  • Lego Batman - $4.99 (75% off) (GFWL)
  • Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - $4.99 (75% off)
T
The MSRP on that Batman season pass is $20?! That's $10 too high.

The MSRP on that Batman season pass is $20?! That's $10 too high.
To be fair, there's a decent amount of content. I think it adds up to $30 individually. Annoyingly enough though, it's still missing several DLCs (including the Deathstroke DLC, Black Mask DLC and the MP DLCs)

To be fair, there's a decent amount of content. I think it adds up to $30 individually. Annoyingly enough though, it's still missing several DLCs (including the Deathstroke DLC, Black Mask DLC and the MP DLCs)
Not really. It's a bunch of skins only useable in MP or challenge mode, a couple of extra challenge maps, and the Cold Cold Heart DLC. The latter is the only one really worth paying any money for.

Not really. It's a bunch of skins only useable in MP or challenge mode, a couple of extra challenge maps, and the Cold Cold Heart DLC. The latter is the only one really worth paying any money for.
I thought Initiation was a story mode thing as well? I assumed that Initiation and Cold Cold Heart were where most of the cost lies.

Daily Deal
Darksiders Franchise Pack - $59.99 $14.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

I thought Initiation was a story mode thing as well? I assumed that Initiation and Cold Cold Heart were where most of the cost lies.
No, that's what I thought too, but Initiation is just a series of linked challenge maps. I was really disappointed when I realized this.

aoZOpGn.png

Isn't this what God always says when you ask a question?
Hey now, I was raised in America where we're taught that those godless heathens deserved to be raped, massacred, and stolen from! How else would they learn how to be righteous?

Daily Deal
Darksiders Franchise Pack - $59.99 $14.99 [customspoiler=Includes]

[/customspoiler]

[/customspoiler]
Could not ask for better timing. Just got DS2 for $4.50, and finished it up for the Playfire Rewards today.

If anyone wants, I have the Abyssal Forge DLC to sell, just PM me.

Hey now, I was raised in America where we're taught that those godless heathens deserved to be raped, massacred, and stolen from! How else would they learn how to be righteous?
You forgot the YCS, bigot. :p

That's not correct. Soldier of Fortune used a modified Quake 2 engine. Killing Floor 2 will be using Unreal Engine 3 (same as Red Orchestra 2). Killing Floor used UE 2.5.
Is not the main graphic engine what I was talking about, sorry for not being more specific. Is the "impact" system. On top of the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back