Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guacamelee was pretty good fun for the first half, but the second half was mildly rage inducing. 37 dashing derp derps out of 74 fuckyouthatsfuckingbullshithowthefuckamisupposedtohitthatassholeiquitohhesdeadiguessillkeepgoings
Some of the platforming elements later on really catch you off guard.
Sounds like it will be my new favorite game ever.

Oh, that's just Ironman Mode.

Is RIPD any good? I guess I should check out the film first, eh'?
Yes, it's an Oscar-worthy tour-de-force featuring Ryan Reynolds as Detective Ronan O'Connor who is thrown out of a window and shot to death while pursuing the brutal and relentless serial-killer, the Bell Killer. Revived as a ghost, Ronan meets the spirit of his long-dead wife Julia, who informs him that he can not join her until he completes the unfinished business binding him to the living world. Ronan investigates his murder, and gains instruction into his new ghostly abilities from the ghost of Abigail, a young Puritan-era girl. The investigation leads to a local church to find a young girl, Joy, who witnessed Ronan's murder, and possesses the ability to see ghosts.

Oh, never mind, that's Murdered: Soul Suspect, I get those two mixed up all the time. No, R.I.P.D. is not a film you should watch and opinions around the internet on the game aren't that much better. But if you're getting it in a bundle, what the hell? You've probably got far worse bundle fodder in your backlog that you'll never play. . . .

You think everything is awesome. If I walked up to you and kicked you in the balls you'd think it was awesome.
Only if it was a AAA kick in the nuts, and you took 75% off your normal price. MysterD ain't got no time for full price or indie kicks in the nuts.

Not everything, no.
COD: Ghosts' MP was quite "meh" to me, actually.
Exodus From The Earth was also "meh", as well.
"I don't think everything is awesome. In fact, I have played two games in my life that I found to be mediocre"

So Steam keys for Hangeki, which was a Freedom Friday game (you know, those free games on Desura that all of us but Nitrosmob pretty much ignore) got added to Desura. There's a couple of Playfire Rewards for it too.

So Steam keys for Hangeki, which was a Freedom Friday game (you know, those free games on Desura that all of us but Nitrosmob pretty much ignore) got added to Desura. There's a couple of Playfire Rewards for it too.
i should have done freedom friday and slack off lol

i should have done freedom friday and slack off lol
I used to get them all just in case, but I kind of stopped after a while (though I did get Hangeki) because the vast majority of them are just so crappy. I need to start again though just in the odd event that there might be another free to pay to Steam with keys game like this.

Does anyone ever have unfounded "What if Steam goes away and I lose all my games" moments, where they want to start buying a bunch of DRM free games?

It's silly, but I do. I'm trying to imagine Gaben holding my hand, whispering reassuring words to me.

Does anyone ever have unfounded "What if Steam goes away and I lose all my games" moments, where they want to start buying a bunch of DRM free games?

It's silly, but I do. I'm trying to imagine Gaben holding my hand, whispering reassuring words to me.
Not that silly, our steam libraries are essentially indefinite rentals. In the event that steam dissolves I'm sure valve would have some retention policy, but it's not an unfounded fear.

If I did that I would need to change my name to Hans and move to Europe and post rants about the evils of DRM that requires an internet connection when I just bought a new 300 baud modem, how I caress my retail boxes of Paint Drying Simulator at night, and how David Hasslehoff rocks.

and how David Hasslehoff rocks.
He could be the new Amazon Rep:

David-Hasselhoff-drunk.jpg

Dark souls isn't as bad as people make it out to be. If you Summon people it's actually somewhat easy
I came close to throwing controllers a number of times. I did not summon assistance for most of the Boss fights. Fantastic game, challenging, worth playing, but can and will frustrate.

I am thinking specifically of a time I had accumulated a very large number of souls and died. On the way back to the spot to grab the souls, I got stuck trying to jump off an elevator platform and fell to my death. This would be in addition to dying dozens of times trying to defeat the four kings and other bosses.

If I did that I would need to change my name to Hans and move to Europe and post rants about the evils of DRM that requires an internet connection when I just bought a new 300 baud modem, how I caress my retail boxes of Paint Drying Simulator at night, and how David Hasslehoff rocks.
I object to this blatant statement of ignorance and stereotyping....

...everyone knows that no European would buy Paint Drying Simulator when there is a newer version available for almost the same price... "Paint Drying Simulator 2015: The Ups and Downs of Painting".

P.S. David Hasselhoff rules.

Is the PC community for Awesomenauts better than PS4? Its just a dead ragequit fest there.
Last I played there was a decent amount of people playing, and I don't remember a ton of ragequiting. It's best if you can find two other friends to play with though, since I'm not sure what the odds of communicating with randoms is.

There will be giveaways for donators only too which is not that many people. Last time, every donator won something.

I'm thinking of doing some charity auctions too and some other giveaways on the CAG and WGN forums.
Last time I donated and won like $80 worth of games. It was pretty awesome. YMMV obviously, but it definitely ups your chances of winning if you donate.

c s

r i n​
r u​

It would be great if we could have a glossary in the OP, as it's hard to keep track sometimes. That way no one would read it and we can have another thing to give the newbies, console peasants, and lurkers a hard time about.

I know that to Gilby is to see a bundle, think about buying it, and then forget about it until it is no longer on sale.

We all know what it is to Spoder.

You have FakeyBro and Solid Snake Eyes covered. What am I missing?
Palinn claimed a definition early on: to forget one has bought a bundle/deal and buy it again. There were actually a bunch more in one of the other threads last month.

Some of the optional stuff in that game is controller-breakingly hard. That room with the disappearing blocks...*shudder*
I gave up on that part. Did everything else, but obviously didn't see the 100% ending.

Nuuvem has Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition (Steam) for $5.51

Ultimate Edition includes:

• Reverie DLC
  • Resurrection DLC
I overlooked that Nuuvem is having a Castlevania Lord of Shadows sale and according to ITAD these are also at their lowest historical price:

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows - Mirror of Fate HD (Steam) - $4.42
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (Steam) - $16.13

Just in case anyone was curious.

Only if it was a AAA kick in the nuts, and you took 75% off your normal price. MysterD ain't got no time for full price or indie kicks in the nuts.
How about one of these?

indie-face-kick-bundle.jpg

Last I played there was a decent amount of people playing, and I don't remember a ton of ragequiting. It's best if you can find two other friends to play with though, since I'm not sure what the odds of communicating with randoms is.
It's not the easiest game for beginners. Most of the people who play are veterans and not newbies, and have vastly superior characters unlocked.

Personally I think the MP is just annoying in Awesomenauts, though I can't say it's a terrible game. The game is just too dependent on your entire team being very good, so if you get even one terrible player you pretty much lose.

It's not the easiest game for beginners. Most of the people who play are veterans and not newbies, and have vastly superior characters unlocked.

Personally I think the MP is just annoying in Awesomenauts, though I can't say it's a terrible game. The game is just too dependent on your entire team being very good, so if you get even one terrible player you pretty much lose.
Yeah, which is why I said it's best to play with some friends. It's hard to learn the game when everyone is killing you instantly, but I found it pretty enjoyable when I was playing with people I knew and could actually coordinate with.

I overlooked that Nuuvem is having a Castlevania Lord of Shadows sale and according to ITAD these are also at their lowest historical price:

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows - Mirror of Fate HD (Steam) - $4.42
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (Steam) - $16.13

Just in case anyone was curious.
Mirror of Fate was $10 with a $5 Amazon games credit if you bought prior to release which would be kinda sorta kinda close to this deal if getting Amazon credit for games didn't suck so much these days.

I noticed that Bundlestars has COGNITION - AN ERICA REED THRILLER GOTY EDITION on sale or $3.75.  Enhanced Steam tells me that this is the lowest it has been.  I have chapters 1, 2, and 3 from bundles and the kindness of other CAGs, and I'm antsy to get the completed series (despite the fact that it will likely sit in my backlog for some time).  Chapter 4 doesn't pop up in bundles often and many of the places that sell it standalone have it DRM free.  

So my question is whether anyone can confirm that this is the complete 4 chapters, and whether I should grab it at this price or wait to see if Chapter 4 ever appears on sale or in a bundle?

Thanks!

It's Cognition. Really? You know they will bundle chapter 4 again. If you haven't even finished 1-3 yet then you might as well wait.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Grass2014#announcements/detail/264904615166596368

We have been talking to the folks over at Microsoft and Sony and they seem to really like Grass Simulator, we might be getting some developer kits soon.

I can’t really talk about this that very much but I just wanted to share the small amount of information I can share.

Update on Steam: Again, I cannot go into detail but all I can say is you can expect to see Grass Simulator on Steam soon.
:D what?

I noticed that Bundlestars has COGNITION - AN ERICA REED THRILLER GOTY EDITION on sale or $3.75. Enhanced Steam tells me that this is the lowest it has been. I have chapters 1, 2, and 3 from bundles and the kindness of other CAGs, and I'm antsy to get the completed series (despite the fact that it will likely sit in my backlog for some time). Chapter 4 doesn't pop up in bundles often and many of the places that sell it standalone have it DRM free.

So my question is whether anyone can confirm that this is the complete 4 chapters, and whether I should grab it at this price or wait to see if Chapter 4 ever appears on sale or in a bundle?

Thanks!
You should wait until Phoenix Online has the game for sale during Christmas instead. The last chapter is $3.99, and I know buying the GOTY edition is 25 cents cheaper, but you'd be paying extra for stuff you already own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back