Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Cognition. Really? You know they will bundle chapter 4 again. If you haven't even finished 1-3 yet then you might as well wait.
You should wait until Phoenix Online has the game for sale during Christmas instead. The last chapter is $3.99, and I know buying the GOTY edition is 25 cents cheaper, but you'd be paying extra for stuff you already own.
I know I should wait. Last I checked, the individual chapters were all 9.99, so the price drop appears to be across the board. Thanks for the sanity check. Since I hit 1000 games on Steam, my CAG instincts have been faulty.

New Releases

Kick-Ass 2- $21.49  (might fakeybro hehe)

Aritana and the Harpy's Feather- $11.69

Heavy Fire: Afghanistan- $4.49

Mega Coin Squad- $11.99

Stonerid(for real this time)- $3.99

Advanced Tactics Gold- $29.99 

Platypus- $6.29

Platypus 2- $6.99

I tried out Ziggurat last night, it's a fps rougelike thats pretty fun. If u can grab it for around $8 check it out. It's made by Milkstone Studios who did Little Racers Street.

Coralmundo, y can't i donate using paypal? I wanna donate $8 dolla to u.

Only if it was a AAA kick in the nuts, and you took 75% off your normal price. MysterD ain't got no time for full price or indie kicks in the nuts.
FTFY.

Though, some Indies that I did love include the following:

Hotline Miami

Brothers: A Tales of Two Sons

Another indie I liked:

EYE: Divine Cybermancy

I noticed that Bundlestars has COGNITION - AN ERICA REED THRILLER GOTY EDITION on sale or $3.75. Enhanced Steam tells me that this is the lowest it has been. I have chapters 1, 2, and 3 from bundles and the kindness of other CAGs, and I'm antsy to get the completed series (despite the fact that it will likely sit in my backlog for some time). Chapter 4 doesn't pop up in bundles often and many of the places that sell it standalone have it DRM free.

So my question is whether anyone can confirm that this is the complete 4 chapters, and whether I should grab it at this price or wait to see if Chapter 4 ever appears on sale or in a bundle?

Thanks!
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/cognition-an-erica-reed-thriller/

#PeakSim

ET on the Atari 2600/7800 was garbage.

I'm sure if I really think about this, I could crack out a list of games that I thought sucked.
ET gets a bad rap. Compared to other Atari 2600's games it wasn't that bad. Certainly in the lower tier but the 'worst game of all time' thing is only reinforced because people kept spouting the meme.

Mostly because 90% of the people who trash it probably never played or even saw gameplay.  In ordering my pet peeves, posers are more annoying than crappy games.

ET gets a bad rap. Compared to other Atari 2600's games it wasn't that bad. Certainly in the lower tier but the 'worst game of all time' thing is only reinforced because people kept spouting the meme.
I fell into a hole and couldn't figure how to get out. Worst game ever!

-asheskitten

Mostly because 90% of the people who trash it probably never played or even saw gameplay. In ordering my pet peeves, posers are more annoying than crappy games.
I've played Atari ET.

The entire game could have been replaced with a d6 die roll.

You drop into a hole. It either contains an item or it doesn't. Regardless, you have to spend energy to float out of it. The floating takes about a minute and is the lump sum of the gameplay, and it's something that should have been handled with a menu choice to escape the hole. What could have been a fun mechanic was instead tedious and slow.

So you can only search a finite number of holes in one play and either find the items and win or don't and restart. The die roll would have been more fun.

Mostly because 90% of the people who trash it probably never played or even saw gameplay. In ordering my pet peeves, posers are more annoying than crappy games.
i'm assuming you won't enjoy the Poser Simulator I'm co-developing with the project lead behind Big Rigs

Amazing Princess Sarah is supposed to be out now but is not yet available to purchase. I'm refreshing every second to fakeybro it. 

It gets a bad rap - because it bloody deserves it.

I fell into a hole and couldn't figure how to get out. Worst game ever!

-asheskitten
Well, its angle wasn't that great, to be honest.

And hit detection to fall into holes never really seemed right.

Falling into a hole repeatedly wasn't fun - whether purposely or not!

Amazing Princess Sarah is supposed to be out now but is not yet available to purchase. I'm refreshing every second to fakeybro it.
WN1GUyS.jpg

Also the dev is sad because he made his wife and kid suffer for 2 years while he put blood sweat and tears into making the game only to find people are only willing to talk about her boobs. I can't imagine why.

LMAO.  I'm sure his wife is sympathetic - "Honey, can you believe all they talk about is her boobs?  I mean I know I spent two years neglecting you while I programmed giant boobs, but still."

On another note, what count do you guys use to determine your ceremonial games?  My profile says I have 1496 games, but my library only shows 1488.  Also, I have made an effort to not buy every bundle and even go as far as only Tremoring games I really want to play, but my game count somehow keeps growing.  Spoder is at 1806 so that makes me feel better.  He has 310 more trash than me, but probably $1000 more in card money.  

How the hell do I have more stuff than Spoder? Well at least Drabes has more than me so I can say there is someone with worse buying habits than I have.

On another note, what count do you guys use to determine your ceremonial games? My profile says I have 1496 games, but my library only shows 1488.
I forget which one is supposed to be more accurate, but I would just use the Profile number, since that's the only one other people can see anyway (well... except for the total game count if you click through to view all of the the titles -- and it's different than both of the other totals).

On another note, what count do you guys use to determine your ceremonial games? My profile says I have 1496 games, but my library only shows 1488.
I've always gone by my profile number, since the library includes a lot of extra stuff like non-Steam games, DLC that's listed as a game, etc. that shouldn't technically count toward your total game count. Though now with the stuff they've been doing with F2P games counting/not counting toward the number on your profile it's a bit more confusing. I'd still go by that though as it's what everyone else goes by, at least as far as I can tell.

Resident Evil

Now available for wishlisting.
Ain't gonna lie, I'll probably fakeybro that...

Okay, how is your title "#Team 60 FPS" when you're primary a console peasant which is mostly 30 FPS?

LMAO. I'm sure his wife is sympathetic - "Honey, can you believe all they talk about is her boobs? I mean I know I spent two years neglecting you while I programmed giant boobs, but still."
Plot twist, this is his wife:

boobs-guinness.jpg

PS4 and X1 are is not being called console peasant, PS3 and 360 are. and don't you have a X1 also?

"Unreleased" art for Amazing Boob Sarah

AmazingPrincessSarah_800x600.jpg

PS4 and X1 are is not being called console peasant, PS3 and 360 are. and don't you have a X1 also?
That sentence doesn't even make sense. They're all peasant machines that don't even run 60 FPS half the time.

My Xbone was pretty much a gift. I hardly use it (though I'll be using it a lot for fantasy football).

LMAO. I'm sure his wife is sympathetic - "Honey, can you believe all they talk about is her boobs? I mean I know I spent two years neglecting you while I programmed giant boobs, but still."

On another note, what count do you guys use to determine your ceremonial games? My profile says I have 1496 games, but my library only shows 1488. Also, I have made an effort to not buy every bundle and even go as far as only Tremoring games I really want to play, but my game count somehow keeps growing. Spoder is at 1806 so that makes me feel better. He has 310 more trash than me, but probably $1000 more in card money.
My Steam profile and library both say 998... Interesting. This means it's not counting any DLC expansion packs or RPG Maker content / apps in my game count anymore.

That moment when you are shrinking/expanding two partitions of a 3TB HD and accidentally deleted one partition that housed 1.4TBs of Steam games...

...yup. I just did that. :wave:

I rolled out of my desk chair onto the ground and laid there for a good 20 minutes. I thought about why I had a sudden impulse to mess with my HDs and efficiently organize extra space for future game installs. I thought about how it's reasonable to probably just buy another HD at this point. I thought about why a grown man would roll out of his chair and how unusual it would've looked to anyone who might have observed such an act. I thought about how soft the carpet was and how peaceful and harmonic the fans spun in my computer case. Then I thought about how long it would take to download everything again (roughly 40 30 days if I averaged 35GB a day). :rofl: :bomb:

Thankfully the majority of the save files and settings were backed up. Still a pain in the ass for such a stupid mistake, but oh well what's done is done. I can laugh at it all now as I've probably yet to realize a few save files have been lost that I actually might be upset about.

Edit: Such is the life of a gamer.

That moment when you are shrinking/expanding two partitions of a 3TB HD and accidentally deleted one partition that housed 1.4TBs of Steam games...

...yup. I just did that. :wave:

I rolled out of my desk chair onto the ground and laid there for a good 20 minutes. I thought about why I had a sudden impulse to mess with my HDs and efficiently organize extra space for future game installs. I thought about how it's reasonable to probably just buy another HD at this point. I thought about why a grown man would roll out of his chair and how unusual it would've looked to anyone who might have observed such an act. I thought about how soft the carpet was and how peaceful and harmonic the fans spun in my computer case. Then I thought about how long it would take to download everything again (roughly 40 days if I averaged 35GB a day). :rofl: :bomb:

Thankfully the majority of the save files and settings were backed up. Still a pain in the ass for such a stupid mistake, but oh well what's done is done. I can laugh at it all now as I've probably yet to realize a few save files have been lost that I actually might be upset about.
Deuteurium7 would have never done that...

...yup. I just did that. :wave:

I rolled out of my desk chair onto the ground and laid there for a good 20 minutes. I thought about why I had a sudden impulse to mess with my HDs and efficiently organize extra space for future game installs. I thought about how it's reasonable to probably just buy another HD at this point. I thought about why a grown man would roll out of his chair and how unusual it would've looked to anyone who might have observed such an act. I thought about how soft the carpet was and how peaceful and harmonic the fans spun in my computer case. Then I thought about how long it would take to download everything again (roughly 40 days if I averaged 35GB a day). :rofl: :bomb:

Edit: Such is the life of a gamer.
Classic Motiv.

Then I thought about how long it would take to download everything again (roughly 40 days if I averaged 35GB a day). :rofl: :bomb:
I'd guess that it'd be closer to 30-32 days of actual downloading (at 35GB/day) since the downloads are compressed.

You're also lucky that you didn't do it a couple of months ago: you're now able to select multiple games and install them in one go, rather than being forced to install one-by-one.

I don't understand all you nerds set on having all your games installed at all times. If I decide I wanna play a game, I install it. It takes a couple hours on shitty Hawaiian mountain internet, and then I play it.

Sucks if save files were lost, though. I understand them feels.

I'd guess that it'd be closer to 30-32 days of actual downloading (at 35GB/day) since the downloads are compressed.

You're also lucky that you didn't do it a couple of months ago: you're now able to select multiple games and install them in one go, rather than being forced to install one-by-one.
Yeah, you're completely right on that estimate as I forgot to take the file compression into account. I blame all of the thoughts running through my head while laying on the ground.

The multiple game selection feature is awesome. Super easy to download and easy to tag. It feels like that should've been implemented into the Steam client years ago, but Valve likes to take their sweet time as we all know.

Whatever happened to that dude? He out turning tricks to afford bundles?
pimp-kramer-o.gif

I don't understand all you nerds set on having all your games installed at all times. If I decide I wanna play a game, I install it. It takes a couple hours on shitty Hawaiian mountain internet, and then I play it.

I actually don't have a reasonable answer for that other than I think it's an OCD thing. I don't install every game but that's semantics when you've installed 90-95% of your Steam library like I have. After losing a decent chunk of my installs I do sort of question why I download almost everything. Especially now when download speeds are quite fast. I guess I can re-evaluate that now.

And people were saying that me backing up my Steam folder was a waste.

Steam (E:)
219GB free of 3.63TB

No fuck ing way I'm re-downloading all of that. I have two 4TB drives waiting for a RAID0 treatment and am already regretting not getting 6TB drives. Oh well, they'll probably get replaced on BF2015.

And people were saying that me backing up my Steam folder was a waste.

Steam (E:)
219GB free of 3.63TB

No fuck ing way I'm re-downloading all of that. I have two 4TB drives waiting for a RAID0 treatment and am already regretting not getting 6TB drives. Oh well, they'll probably get replaced on BF2015.
I download at 6.5MB/s roughly. Not worth it since I'm not bandwidth capped or soft throttled. Only extremely large games take some time to download.

Friend who moved to Japan downloads even faster since he's on a Gigabit connection, the fucker.

I have two 4TB drives waiting for a RAID0 treatment and am already regretting not getting 6TB drives. Oh well, they'll probably get replaced on BF2015.
Drives usually become ridiculously expensive if you don't want the "green"/NAS ones once you get past 3TB.

I download at 6.5MB/s roughly. Not worth it since I'm not bandwidth capped or soft throttled. Only extremely large games take some time to download.

Friend who moved to Japan downloads even faster since he's on a Gigabit connection, the fucker.
Like Motiv7, I can't really explain why I do it. One rationalization might be that since I bought it, I at least want it on my HDD to make up for the lack physicality in purchase. Or something. I'm getting 10-14MB/s dl speeds on my new connection, but that still hasn't been enough to sway me. I'll reevaluate at 2k game count I guess.

Drives usually become ridiculously expensive if you don't want the "green"/NAS ones once you get past 3TB.
Yeah, the sixes are new-ish, so I expect them to drop by next year. My fours weren't too bad, since I got them on sale. Not a fan of green drives, myself. I prefer enterprise drives as they are the only versions I have never had issues with, but due to my storage requirement, have been pushed out of my price range...way out of my price range.

Usually, those save files are somewhere - in My Docs somewhere; older games might be in the actual game-folder itself; somewhere in the Steam's userdata folder...especially if it uses Steamworks and/or Steam Cloud saves - just look up the game's final numbers on Steam store and look at its number

I usually Google where saves for a PC game are. Once I find out, then I do my back-ups.

For Steam-games - back-up the game-folder (for Steam games) + bring those saves as back-up w/ me - when I move them elsewhere (usually back-ups go to CD, DVD's, or an external HDD) and them uninstall the game off one of my internal drives.

For Non-Steam games that use installers + have manual patches - back all that stuff up + my saves. Then, of course - delete the game off my main folder.

Games w/ pain-in-the-neck DRM, some games that are huge in size, and/or games w/ lots of DLC/expansions/etc that I don't have yet - those often do not get moved off my internal drive.

All this saves/backup talk reminds me of my collection of Diablo II saves strewn all over the place. I haven't played it in a long time, but I'd still be really pissed if I lost my beta/1.07 items and such. With my older computers, I tend to not reformat the hard drives, I just pull the old one out and consider it an extra backup, heh.

Yeah, the sixes are new-ish, so I expect them to drop by next year. My fours weren't too bad, since I got them on sale. Not a fan of green drives, myself. I prefer enterprise drives as they are the only versions I have never had issues with, but due to my storage requirement, have been pushed out of my price range...way out of my price range.
That enterprise price difference is pretty much what I'm talking about: getting a 4TB drive costs ~40% more than a 5200/5700/5800/whatever "green" or "NAS" one, and to 7200rpm 5000GB+ seem to only come in the enterprise models (+200%.)

How the hell do I have more stuff than Spoder? Well at least Drabes has more than me so I can say there is someone with worse buying habits than I have.
While I buy a lot of bundles, there are a lot of Steam deals I skip. I think many CAG regulars buy more Steam games outside of bundles than me.

I just hard link individual game save folders to a master game save folder on my primary drive. Then I just have to worry about backing up one folder. It is sooooo annoying to see the My Documents folder full of game/dev/publisher folders, when they really should go into the My Games folder.

While I buy a lot of bundles, there are a lot of Steam deals I skip. I think many CAG regulars buy more Steam games outside of bundles than me.
Oh I'm not suggesting you buy anything, with real money anyway. I'm just surprised you haven't found ways to finagle more games than you already have, but I guess you are kind of Scrooge McDuck even with you large digital storehouses of fake money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back