Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well something is always going to be on sale and it can always glitch. Better it happens on a weekend because less Valve people working and paying attention.

Can't believe I missed this... These glitches are not only sales, they are celebrations.
gdp_gif.gif

Poop. Not like I would've played it any time soon anyways.
agreed, but I am still a little disappointed in missing the tropico 4 glitch. I would have bought it. I was busy reading up on steam trade matcher and doing the house stuff. Thank you for posting the deal anyway.

Meh. I missed it. I always seem to read about it an hour or so after a glitch ends, and never when it's actually occuring or a week after.

Anyone bought extra wanna sell me a copy at the glitched price? :p

Ugh.

/Facepalm at missing glitch (almost bought it for 5.99 during summer sale).

So what's the best secondhand market to scour for a comparative price? Trading thread?

Damn it! I hate missing awesome deals like this. Still, I wonder how many copies total were sold. It's pretty awesome thinking how many thousands (10s of thousands?) just sold.

Normally I'd feel for people that missed a glitch, but come on, it was up for close to an hour.
I know, I didnt' go online for over 2 hours! What was I thinking?

I kinda feel bad about abusing glitches, so I try not to.  I try to look at it from the other perspective. 

Imagine you are at the counter of a store and are paying for something and half the money in your wallet falls out.  Immediately, the cashier snatches up the wad of cash on the counter.  You say, "HEY give me back my money!" and they say "sucks for you, I can't help it if you just "gave" me way more money than your two dollar purchase.  You should have fixed your problem sooner."

Granted, my feelings aren't  exactly equal amongst all game companies.  I'd feel much worse for the indie company who lost money because of a glitch than if somebody like EA did.

Damn it! I hate missing awesome deals like this. Still, I wonder how many copies total were sold. It's pretty awesome thinking how many thousands (10s of thousands?) just sold.
It's been in a bundle before so it's really not that big of a deal the way I see it. Mind you the DLC wasn't bundled but I can tell you that minimal effort was put into making all of that DLC except for Modern Times.

I kinda feel bad about abusing glitches, so I try not to. I try to look at it from the other perspective.

Imagine you are at the counter of a store and are paying for something and half the money in your wallet falls out. Immediately, the cashier snatches up the wad of cash on the counter. You say, "HEY give me back my money!" and they say "sucks for you, I can't help it if you just "gave" me way more money than your two dollar purchase. You should have fixed your problem sooner."

Granted, my feelings aren't exactly equal amongst all game companies. I'd feel much worse for the indie company who lost money because of a glitch than if somebody like EA did.
You're a nice person. :)

It's been in a bundle before so it's really not that big of a deal the way I see it. Mind you the DLC wasn't bundled but I can tell you that minimal effort was put into making all of that DLC except for Modern Times.
Yeah, I have Tropico 4 but don't have the DLC. Its just so much fun to get these glitches if you can.

Harcode nerd stuff:

At minimum: ~62 times DayZ sold in this week.

At maximum: ~18 times CS:GO sold in this week.

Both in terms of total units.

Source: Top Sellers list.

http://steamdb.info/app/57690/graphs/

~7000 players more than usually. Could be because of card idling.

But then there's those the majority(?) who had base game, bought gift copies or don't idle cards instantly.

I kinda feel bad about abusing glitches, so I try not to. I try to look at it from the other perspective.
I've expressed this opinion before, in terms of digital piracy, but you can't equate one download, one bundled game, or in this case one glitch to a lost sale at regular price. I think bundles tend to do harm to the long term value of a game, because they last for a long period of time and psychologically erode the value of the game. However, bundles are a tried and true with PC games, I've got stacks of retail bundle discs I bought dirt cheap. The idea is that even a few cents is better than nothing.

Now, imagine the sales from this Tropico glitch. Do you think they really only did ten times the sales they would have, had the price shown up properly? I guess not, I'm guessing they did several more times that in sales. So, the actual revenue should exceed what they would have made otherwise. They're being given out indiscriminately, like candy, but that also means that a great deal of the people who are getting them, might not have wanted to purchase it otherwise. So, instead of lost revenue, that's a small piece of change in their pocket. Kind of like selling Steam trading cards, I guess, heh (and they're now getting a cut of all that action to, right?).

In the long run, it might hurt, but I seriously doubt it hurts them much at all. It's not their latest product, they'll have a windfall of revenue, a lot of people are now exposed to their product that might not have been otherwise, it's free publicity. Now, if it had been a penny, that's different because they'd be making nothing. Also, it's worth pondering who might have purchased other offerings that got this instead, but still... it doesn't hurt as much as some people might imagine.

Well, this is cute. One of the people who asked me for one of the extra Tropico packs just did this to me.

1:06 PM - (Name redacted): On second thought, I'm actually going unfriend you. I don't think a small transaction should make the difference between a friend and not a friend. I don't make friends -- other people make friends with me.
1:06 PM - (Name redacted) is now Offline.

I'm not going to say who it is... but wow. Talk about having a huge ego.

Tropico 4 will now be in the next bundle in which you wish it wasn't.
Oh please, it'll be in the next bundle but it won't have any DLC. :p

Harcode nerd stuff:

At minimum: ~62 times DayZ sold in this week.

At maximum: ~18 times CS:GO sold in this week.

Both in terms of total units.

Source: Top Sellers list.

http://steamdb.info/app/57690/graphs/

~7000 players more than usually. Could be because of card idling.

But then there's those the majority(?) who had base game, bought gift copies or don't idle cards instantly.
Response to Nerd stuff:

That's pretty cool! And it doesn't include all the people who have multiples just sitting in their inventories or haven't started up the game. Awesome graph!

Well, this is cute. One of the people who asked me for one of the extra Tropico packs just did this to me.

1:06 PM - (Name redacted): On second thought, I'm actually going unfriend you. I don't think a small transaction should make the difference between a friend and not a friend. I don't make friends -- other people make friends with me.

0b7cbcbb13bd8ab4b1463be570eaa0a3.jpg

crap, I missed this one. That's what I get for running errands with the wife, lol. I'v never played a Tropico game before, are they any good?

Normally I'd feel for people that missed a glitch, but come on, it was up for close to an hour.
Some people sleep to a normal hour on weekends. I woke up at 9:30 and it was dead.

No sweat either way, I already have the collection and the game is worthless now, so there's pretty much no point to having extras.

Oh please, it'll be in the next bundle but it won't have any DLC. :p
at Foxhack; while it was not me that corresponded with you, I would like to express my apology that someone would treat you like this. You and most of the CAG group are friendly, nice and generous. When these types of glitches (or marketing ploy? ) occur, often the CAG community pulls together to help each other. There was no reason to mistreat you or unfriend you.

at Foxhack; while it was not me that corresponded with you, I would like to express my apology that someone would treat you like this. You and most of the CAG group are friendly, nice and generous. When these types of glitches (or marketing ploy? ) occur, often the CAG community pulls together to help each other. There was no reason to mistreat you or unfriend you.
You don't have to apologize on behalf of assholes like him. He's not the norm. Don't worry about it.

Wait, did you gift this person the game and they pulled that shit, or did they buy/trade for it?

Because if it's the former then I almost feel like you should post their username so the rest of us know to ignore this leech in the future. Unless it's against the TOS, in which case then nevermind. LOL

TYNNTPC.jpg

Some people sleep to a normal hour on weekends. I woke up at 9:30 and it was dead.

No sweat either way, I already have the collection and the game is worthless now, so there's pretty much no point to having extras.
Coconut Time doesn't count.

I missed it as well. If anyone still has an extra, I'd be interested.

EDIT: Nevermind, Drabe hooked me up.

I missed it as well. If anyone still has an extra, I'd be interested.

EDIT: Nevermind, Drabe hooked me up.
What collection are we talking about? Whatever it is, I want in the club, too :p

Edit: Fatality hooked me up. Thank you kind sir! :)

I bet that guy has tons of friends.

Anyone know of any way to sort your Steam library by which games have local co-op?
Your best bet is using the local co-op tag and looking for games that highlight as owned with ES. It's not a complete list by any means, but it's the best way I know.

Wait, did you gift this person the game and they pulled that shit, or did they buy/trade for it?

Because if it's the former then I almost feel like you should post their username so the rest of us know to ignore this leech in the future. Unless it's against the TOS, in which case then nevermind. LOL
He paid for it. But then he reacted like that.

Oh if he'd gotten it for free then I would've said who he was. :p

I bet that guy has tons of friends.
He only has one friend. He seems to be a console guy, judging from his other posts.

You and most of the CAG group are friendly, nice and generous. When these types of glitches (or marketing ploy? ) occur, often the CAG community pulls together to help each other.
This. Bunch a generous folks here who know who they are. Community ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back