Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Or just don't buy them until they are on Steam. That's what I do. Easier to keep track of the backlog that way.
That's actually not the worst approach. Most of these devs are desperate enough for sales that its only a matter of time before they bundle their games again after they release the on Steam and at least then you would know you were getting a Steam key for them.

No. At least in respect to Lords of Shadow 2, this is the lowest its ever been. The other ones may have been cheaper, but in respect to LOS2, this is its all time low. It was $16.09 on Nuuvem. There's also a coupon for Gamefly that brings it even lower to $11.99.

I'm still not biting on it because its gotten terrible reviews, as much as I enjoyed the first one. Waiting for below $10 to consider it.
Fair enough. I ignored that one because it's at a fakeCAG price and not packaged with DLC anyways.

That's actually not the worst approach. Most of these devs are desperate enough for sales that its only a matter of time before they bundle their games again after they release the on Steam and at least then you would know you were getting a Steam key for them.
And you know, I know that but it just still cheeses me off that they pull shit like this.

It seems though with the glut of crappy indie games on Steam these days and the increasing desperation of developers bundling soon after Steam release to try to recoup some kind of sales once they discover Steam isn't the golden ticket it used to be it's just harder to get people lathered up over some crappy indie game that will be bundled soon enough anyhow.(run on sentences much?)

And I get it.

But I still think Biart is a schiesty lying KGB douchebag.

Srsly

SOMEONE MAKE ME A fuckING ROUGE-LIKE DATING SIM!

Damn you Travathian for putting that shit in my head.
rouge_the_bat_by_itshelias94-d4sdrf9.png

Last edited:
I didn't play BL1 at all, and am enjoying BL2. I don't know if there's some backstory you miss by not playing BL1, but BL2 seems just fine to me without having played BL1
BL1 story = kill enemies + get awesome guns-n-loot.

That's really all you need to know about BL1. ;)

BL2 does a much better job w/ story, characters + all of that stuff - MAJOR improvement over the original.

I highly recommend both - especially if you ever wanted a FPS-ARPG hybrid.

It's tons of fun.

Never going to happen. The only DLC's not included in the GOTY that you might consider if you end up going full bore are the second upgrade pack and Headhunter Packs.
Bleh @ BL2 Season Pass + other DLC's are only 67% off...

...yet the BL2: GOTY Edition is 75% off.

That's a freakin' Bethesda-Zenimax type of move!

Nor do I.  That doesn't change the fact Burch and his internet meme humor is unfunny.  Borderlands 1 was better and I couldn't even tell you who wrote that.  Probably Pitchford himself.

so what i heard so far is BL2 game play >>>> BL1 game play.  If the story is good to go through then i might consider forking out $3-4 to get BL1.. if not, i just use that money on the missing BL2 GOTY dlc

Mechanically-speaking BL2 is a total replacement for BL1.  The only drawback of BL2 is how the introduction of slag effects the second and third playthroughs in how it becomes mandatory.  That said, most people won't bother with multiple playthroughs.  I wouldn't bother buying BL1 at this point.  I'm surprised they didn't put it in the 2K bundle.

New Releases

Commando Jack- $7.99

Taxi- $9.74

Dusk 12- $3.19

Darkwind: War on Wheels- F2P

Bravada- $9.99

The Great War 1918- F2P

Curse: The Eye of Isis- $2.99

Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy- $2.99

Early Access

NeonXSZ- $17.99

Sentris- $17.99

Vector Thrust- $13.49

Mechanically-speaking BL2 is a total replacement for BL1. The only drawback of BL2 is how the introduction of slag effects the second and third playthroughs in how it becomes mandatory. That said, most people won't bother with multiple playthroughs. I wouldn't bother buying BL1 at this point. I'm surprised they didn't put it in the 2K bundle.
I would only say slag is a recommended tactic in UVHM. I went through 6 TVHM playthroughs without using slag at all. And while BL2 gameplay mechanics are generally superior to BL1, I still find Lilith and Mordecai fun characters to play. But for the average person (i.e. non-fan), yeah, BL1 can be safely skipped at this point if so desired.

Edit: And neither past, nor future Borderlands games should be played for their narrative. The more recent one has some humorous dialogue if it fits your style of whats funny...

I probably shoulda set you up with a sponsor beforehand but I am F*CKIN' DISORGANIZED AS SH*T and was busy suplexing a shark wearing a bolo tie when I should have been setting up sponsors. You may ask, "Who was wearing the bolo tie, you or the shark?" Answer: YES.

I'd say it's recommended in TVHM and mandatory in UVHM.  You can certainly get through the second playthrough without slag but it would probably be fairly tedious.  Of course, it depends how much you outlevel the enemies (I don't think TVHM base game scales with your level).  If you play some of the DLC after the first playthrough then you'll probably have a good jump on the stuff in TVHM.  Also worth mentioning that in UVHM most things are going two or three shot you regardless of how much health and shields you stack so killing them fast is the best way to go.

That is being very generous with Borderlands' story.
I think there are a lot of parallels between the two.

First game, you're a Vault hunter questing for glory and the best loot, which you think is The Vault. Everyone encourages you to go for it because it's the ultimate weapon. You work for the bad guys and gather the pieces of the Vault key before realizing that you're being used to open The Vault so the Atlas corporation and the Crimson Lance can take control of The Destroyer. They open it and you have to stop them.

BL2 has you working for Roland, an ex-Crimson Lance member, as a member of the Crimson Raiders, stationed in the old Crimson Lance fortress of Sanctuary, while you stop Handsome Jack, President of Hyperion, from working towards gathering all the pieces of the Vault key and charging it to open The Vault and take control of The Warrior.

While the intent is slightly different, the principle of obtaining The Vault for the ultimate weapon and ruling Pandora is the same between the original game's heroes and Jack's claims of being the hero of BL2. The real difference is that you stop the creature at the end of both.

It's not necessary to play BL1 before BL2, but doing so gives more background to the story. Still a good game, especially with the DLC.

I'm still considering the Ultimate Upgrade/Digistruct DLC... not sure why, though.  Better off just waiting for 60% off Pre-Sequel.

I wouldn't even say that Slag is recommended in TVHM. I didn't fool with Slag at all until UVHM. Just pay attention to elemental susceptibilities and you'll be fine.
Slag damage bonus is only 2x in TVHM, but in UVHM it's 3x, lasts 8 seconds for all enemies, and there's a 50% extra bonus for hitting slag on slag. Enemies in UVHM have 4x the health they did in Normal, 2x more than TVHM. It's definitely essential when playing single player UVHM.

I'm still considering the Ultimate Upgrade/Digistruct DLC... not sure why, though. Better off just waiting for 60% off Pre-Sequel.
I just like the fact that different synergies open up with level 72 builds. I haven't dabbled into OP levels, but health gating seems interesting.

Slag damage bonus is only 2x in TVHM, but in UVHM it's 3x, lasts 8 seconds for all enemies...
Just a point of clarification, that should be 8 seconds on most non-boss (raid or otherwise) enemies.

I just like the fact that different synergies open up with level 72 builds. I haven't dabbled into OP levels, but health gating seems interesting.
Can you just start it at level 60 (or w/e the old cap was) and level up there? Or do you have to actually get to 72 first?

Steam support replied to me at last and I confirmed the 10 games (and 1 DLC pack for a game) they should remove from my account. Once that is done I'll go through my indie bundle spreadsheet and add all the games that actually interest me that I've left unactivated.

Neuro's 1000th game gift will still be my 1000th game, though.

Steam support replied to me at last and I confirmed the 10 games (and 1 DLC pack for a game) they should remove from my account. Once that is done I'll go through my indie bundle spreadsheet and add all the games that actually interest me that I've left unactivated.

Neuro's 1000th game gift will still be my 1000th game, though. <3

And then I'll IdleM@ster the hell outta the games.
Man, it'd be annoying if they add cards to those games later

Wow, really? That's just :booty:

I guess I shouldn't really be surprised that some +1er types are super nitpicky about numbers.

Oh they usually reply. Eventually. Trouble is you usually get some half assed BS that doesn't help or answer your question at all.

I guess I shouldn't really be surprised that some +1er types are super nitpicky about numbers.

Oh they usually reply. Eventually. Trouble is you usually get some half assed BS that doesn't help or answer your question at all.
Yeah, I know. That's what I got back when I was still young and naive and thought contacting Steam support would actually do me any good.

Man, it'd be annoying if they add cards to those games later
Only one of them has cards - Dino D-Day. The rest are pretty much dead because the developers and publishers have moved on.

Nah, it's not that. I had 1000, then the "F2P games don't count anymore" update hit and I lost three games. I'm gonna end up with over 1000 games after I'm done activating all the stuff. *shrugs*

Only one of them has cards - Dino D-Day. The rest are pretty much dead because the developers and publishers have moved on.
Man, it'd be annoying if you ever found out that in an alternate reality, where you didn't remove Dino D-Day, that the alternate reality Foxhack got a booster pack for Dino D-Day.

Man, it'd be annoying if you ever found out that in an alternate reality, where you didn't remove Dino D-Day, that the alternate reality Foxhack got a booster pack for Dino D-Day.
There are no alternate reality versions of me. Because I've already killed them all.

kbfEPYq.jpg

There are no alternate reality versions of me. Because I've already killed them all.

kbfEPYq.jpg
Man, it'd be annoying if an alternate reality version of you actually did kill you because he thinks you've killed all the other alternate reality versions of yourself but somehow missed him... and then he also scored a booster pack for Dino D-Day.

Man, it'd be annoying if an alternate reality version of you actually did kill you because he thinks you've killed all the other alternate reality versions of yourself but somehow missed him... and then he also scored a booster pack for Dino D-Day.
Who's to say I'm not that alternate reality version?

kbfEPYq.jpg

Found a nice torrent on TPB that's related to Steam.

A archive of YouTube videos on the Quinnspiracy/Zöe Quinn incident, upload for future generations and to make sure that the hocker never can take this down!!!

- Zoe Quinn & Gaming Journalism Corruption (TheApostateCow) [720p]
-
- Proof [of Zoe Quinn Facebook Quotes] (thezoepost) [720p]
-
- Zoe Quinn Dating Simulator 64 (EmptyHero) [360p]
-
- Quinnspiracy Theory: The Five Guys Saga (InternetAristocrat) [720p]
-
- Quinngate and Standing Up to SJWs (jordanowen42) [720p]
-
- Hell hath no fury like a lover's scorn (MundaneMatt) [360p]
-
- Lies, Damned Lies and the Video Game Press (Sargon of Akkad) [720p]
-
- 50 Shades Game Devs | Zoe Quinn (MrRepzion) [720p]
-
- This is Zoe Quinn and Gaming Journalism as a Whole. Quinnspiracy (Jacob Berman) [720p]

- Zoe Quinn and Gaming Journalism! -- Let's Play Depression Quest! -- No Talent Gaming (ShortFatOtaku) [720p]
-

FORMAT: video/mp4, 360p/720p
qTHxOZx.gif

If you haven't bought Borderlands 2 by now, you probably didn't want it anyway.
I didnt buy it yet because i sas waiting on the goty edition. Im hesitant to buy base games anymore since you get screwed on dlc pricing. Mr panda has it for 7.50 so ill make a decision by sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back