Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going to play it, definitely. I just recently started playing it (got the game and season pass cheap a while back), and with 18 hours in, I'd say it's worth 10 bucks. I've never really been a fan of FPS games, but the mixture of Diablo-type loot pinatas and guns is just fun as hell.
should one play borderland 1 first? or that experience is unnecessary?

I think it was $3 after voucher on GMG before, however that was a long time ago. I can't recommend it at that price.. or any price really. It's not much of a "game", but at least you'll get some Steam credit after selling off the cards.
Agreed that it's a very meh game, and I say this as someone who Fakeybroed it and was really looking forward to it.

It will also surely get bundled at some point but if someone simply must have it now it's $3 Russian price at GG.

There's an indie off Steam sale going on now at http://www.showmethegames.com/dirtydozen.php

100% goes to the devs if you care about that sort of thing. It's basically just a redirect that goes to their sites. Most of the prices are pretty meh but I think 66% might be a new low for Loren.

The site is not entirely clear about which games do/don't come with Steam keys but I know some do or you can generate one with you existing key (like Loren).

Oh and Puppygames put one of his games up. :p

I would buy that. Seriously.

Though it should be called a rouge-like.
You know I sort of get the point of the sale, but it kind of doesn't make sense for some of those games to have been a lot cheaper on other sites/clients where the dev is not getting as big a cut. If they matched the low price they would still be getting more money than usual, but I get the spirit of supporting the devs at a discount.

should one play borderland 1 first? or that experience is unnecessary?

It's not necessary for you to play it, but all of the Vault Hunters from the original are the main protagonists for BL2. Playing the first game gives you more insight into the story and characters. I think intro screens for bosses with funny commentary is a nice touch, but for some reason BL2 barely has any throughout the story.
And I wouldn't say the second is better than the first in every way. It is a lot better, but the level designs and enemy variety needed a lot of work in the main quest. No Guardian enemy types where the vault is, just another wave of damn Loaders. The ending left a lot to be desired and felt very episodic, as if buying and completing the DLC was the only way you were meant to play the game.

What kind of sick world do we live in where Idiot and I are on the same page for once? Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
I agree with him, and thus I agree with you.

hires.jpg

BL2 improves on BL1 in almost every way. That being said, BL1 is still a fun experience if you enjoy the gameplay.
i tried the free weekend.. it was fun with claptrap talking and shooting around (usually i don't like FPS one bit). wondering if I miss out on the story or anything like that if i skip borderland 1. I heard that online play got shutdown 2 months ago :/

i tried the free weekend.. it was fun with claptrap talking and shooting around (usually i don't like FPS one bit). wondering if I miss out on the story or anything like that if i skip borderland 1. I heard that online play got shutdown 2 months ago :/
The story (or lack of) in BL1 is laughable. And as BL1 finalizes it's transfer to Steam, multiplayer will be reinstated.

Probably a dumb question.  Trying to get my dinosaur Logitech fake PS2 controller to work with Borderlands 2 with x360ce.  Got it to recognize and everything, but LT (which is just a button, old controller) for aim keeps triggering, breaking up my movement.  Also, the right stick is drifting a little to the right sometimes.

x360ce has an advanced tab with dead zones etc.  Would the correct fixes be to up the LT dead zone and right thumb dead zone X axis?  I did that a little already and it didn't help much if any.  Just want to know if I'm on the right track.

The story (or lack of) in BL1 is laughable. And as BL1 finalizes it's transfer to Steam, multiplayer will be reinstated.
BL1 has almost the same story as BL2, only in reverse. All of the main characters from BL2 were playable characters in BL1, which infers that they understand what will happen when The Vault is opened.

I didn't play BL1 at all, and am enjoying BL2. I don't know if there's some backstory you miss by not playing BL1, but BL2 seems just fine to me without having played BL1
Borderlands' playable characters show up as important story NPCs during the main quest.

Unlike the first game, they're actually given personalities and are pretty chatty. The story explains why they're there and I think they mention the original game's backstory (which was basically... they go places, blow crap up, then go forward), so there's no real need to play through BL1 first.

Ubisoft is giving away more Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms DLC. This time it's the Thrill of the Surprise Pack which lets you open up three mystery boxes for weapons and gear.

I'm currently getting an error when trying to install but I assume it'll be fixed.

<p>

Gamefly is having a small Konami sale:

• Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition - $29.99 $10.49
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - $39.99 $13.99
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Revelations DLC - $7.99 $2.79
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - $29.99 $10.49
  • Castevania: LoS - Mirror of Fate HD - $14.99 $5.25
Also another 20% of with AUG20OFF, if you spend $15 or more that is.

Oh and I haven't seen anyone mention this yet but Gamefly Digital PC games, which itself was bought from Direct2Drive, is being bought out by the Chinese. Some company from Taiwan called Atgames.

Probably a dumb question. Trying to get my dinosaur Logitech fake PS2 controller to work with Borderlands 2 with x360ce. Got it to recognize and everything, but LT (which is just a button, old controller) for aim keeps triggering, breaking up my movement. Also, the right stick is drifting a little to the right sometimes.

x360ce has an advanced tab with dead zones etc. Would the correct fixes be to up the LT dead zone and right thumb dead zone X axis? I did that a little already and it didn't help much if any. Just want to know if I'm on the right track.
OK, the real problem is right stick seems to activate LT when moved anywhere in the lower half. The hell?

Looks like it may be a DLL issue. Think I may have it now.

...or they broke it with an update so just use an older version. Looks like that's fixing it.

Which as usual doesn't include Silent Hill Homecoming.

Oh and I haven't seen anyone mention this yet but Gamefly Digital PC games, which itself was bought from Direct2Drive, is being bought out by the Chinese. Some company from Taiwan called Atgames.
Ahem.

They make the crappy Genesis knockoffs you find in pharmacies.

From SG

Hey guys. Our new bundle went live couple of hours ago and you can check 'Late August' Bundle by clicking here. Have a great weekend! :)
Bundle includes these awesome games:

Major Mayhem (Steam)

Ballpoint Universe – Infinite (Steam)

Knytt Underground (Steam)

Song of the Myrne (Desura & Greenlight)

Clusterpuck99 (Desura & Greenlight)

Vintage Year (Desura & Greenlight)

Yury (Desura & Greenlight)

Retention (Desura & Greenlight)

NekoChan Hero – Collection (3 games; Desura & Greenlight)

Expander (Desura & Greenlight)

Steam and Metal (Desura & Greenlight)

UnSummoning: The Spectral Horde (Desura & Greenlight)

Fatal Teory (Desura & Greenlight)

Make it indie! (Desura & Greenlight)

Special LazyGuysBundle DLC for Guns and Robots (Steam)

Has anyone bought that bundle from LazyGuyStudio? Thoughts on the quality of the games?

A few of those games look very interesting however I don't like buying games that I can't open through Steam. So I am torn.

Ahem.

They make the crappy Genesis knockoffs you find in pharmacies.
Kind of curious why they would want to enter the Western pc digital download market, particularly since Gamefly and all their resources couldn't be successful with it.

Anyway supposedly everything will transfer over but if anyone has any oddball not Steam stuff from them I'd back it up now just in case. I know some people lost access to some games in the D2D to Gamefly transition.

If it's on Greenlight LGS has been one of the best places as far as distributing keys. They email them out pretty much as soon as the dev turns them in.

If it's on Greenlight LGS has been one of the best places as far as distributing keys. They email them out pretty much as soon as the dev turns them in.
Agreed. No logging in to the website, no figuring out which bundle, or track shit down. I just get an email with a key.

Also another 20% of with AUG20OFF, if you spend $15 or more that is.

Taiwanese is not Chinese ... u might as well call American = British. I got corrected many times by my Taiwanese friends so it is in my head now

Has anyone bought that bundle from LazyGuyStudio? Thoughts on the quality of the games?

A few of those games look very interesting however I don't like buying games that I can't open through Steam. So I am torn.
Major Mayhem is a decent on-rails shooter, but I found my interest waning after an hour or two.

Kyntt Underground is cool for the first 2/3, and then the final and largest portion of the game goes off the deep end and ruins it.

Ballpoint Universe is a kind of neat shmup that gives you a lot of customization options for your ship, but I'm not sure if I'll get bored with it after I play more since what I have played didn't change a whole lot of the course of a few hours.

I'm pretty sure you can still get a free key for voting for Yury through WGN.

Guns and Robots is an almost cool F2P TPS, but I didn't play long enough to have much of an opinion on it. You can obviously download it for yourself and see if you care for it.

I don't have thoughts on any of the other games.

Agreed. No logging in to the website, no figuring out which bundle, or track shit down. I just get an email with a key.
The 3 Steam games have been bundles numerous times,

The Greenlight games, at a quick glance, look like half new half been bundles before. 2.99 seems like a decent price

is $8 the lowest price for Borderland 2 GOTY?
Sounds about right, disregarding Russian traders. But as soon as I post this spoder or ashes will jump in and say that it has been cheaper before with GMG/GF/GG coupon or some other credit/discount that doesn't show up on price trackers.

debating whether i should hold out for an ULTIMATE edition since just found out that this Borderland 2 GOTY is a fakey edition with missing dlcs.. meh

Major Mayhem is a decent on-rails shooter, but I found my interest waning after an hour or two.

Kyntt Underground is cool for the first 2/3, and then the final and largest portion of the game goes off the deep end and ruins it.

Ballpoint Universe is a kind of neat shmup that gives you a lot of customization options for your ship, but I'm not sure if I'll get bored with it after I play more since what I have played didn't change a whole lot of the course of a few hours.

I'm pretty sure you can still get a free key for voting for Yury through WGN.

Guns and Robots is an almost cool F2P TPS, but I didn't play long enough to have much of an opinion on it. You can obviously download it for yourself and see if you care for it.

I don't have thoughts on any of the other games.
Thanks for the info!

The 3 Steam games have been bundles numerous times,

The Greenlight games, at a quick glance, look like half new half been bundles before. 2.99 seems like a decent price
I agree. I am really interested in Unsummoning, Vintage Year, and Song of the Myrne. I already own Knytt. The other I can do without.

Anyone wanna buy the LazyGuys bundle so I can spoder NekoChan Hero from you? I want it.

What kind of sick world do we live in where Idiot and I are on the same page for once? Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
Wat, when did this happen.

Use AUG20OFF for 20% off orders of $15 or more.
Ewwww, all of these were just way cheaper on Nuuvem.

Anyone wanna buy the LazyGuys bundle so I can spoder NekoChan Hero from you? I want it.
Meh I'll see. I think I own most of that stuff though. I Fakeybroed Nekochan on Desura. Shut up.

Nuuvem page for 2 says it's region locked, but I think it's just NCSA IIRC so it only matters to those living over in the GOG territories.

Apparently with douches like Biart and Rockin Android we have to buy the same game multiple times over across different bundles in case they decide to be asshats and say bundle x gets keys but bundle y does not because it wasn't in their fine print.

Apparently with douches like Biart and Rockin Android we have to buy the same game multiple times over across different bundles in case they decide to be asshats and say bundle x gets keys but bundle y does not because it wasn't in their fine print.
Or just don't buy them until they are on Steam. That's what I do. Easier to keep track of the backlog that way.

No. At least in respect to Lords of Shadow 2, this is the lowest its ever been. The other ones may have been cheaper, but in respect to LOS2, this is its all time low. It was $16.09 on Nuuvem. There's also a coupon for Gamefly that brings it even lower to $11.99.

I'm still not biting on it because its gotten terrible reviews, as much as I enjoyed the first one. Waiting for below $10 to consider it.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 ($13.99) might be at its lowest price historically, but the AUG20OFF coupon won't work unless you have $15 worth of items at checkout. So you'd have to tack on the LoS 2 Revelations DLC ($2.79) to qualify for the use of the coupon.

Lords of Shadow 2 + Revelations DLC is $16.78 $13.43 after the coupon. Not a horrible price, but not too appealing either for backlogging. I'm waiting for LoS 2 to hit the $5-7.50 range before any remote consideration. Which by game pricing trends will be between the Steam Winter sale and April 2015, or around the 12-15 months after release.

Some of those Nuuvem sales have been great lately: Metal Gear Rising - Revengeance ($7.60), Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Ed. ($5.66), Mirror of Fate HD ($4.53). The prices reflect a few cents added for PayPal currency conversion fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back