Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
None of those games has ever been bundled. And one is a headless chicken zombie thing. Poor Hellgate.

I think this makes it clear that Valve isn't counting votes anymore, it's picking out what it wants.

On a related note, I have an uncontrollable urge to fight pigs. Does anyone know any good fighting or beat em ups with some pigs to beat up? Does Bebop make an appearance in the latest Ninja Turtles game? I'll even RPG beat up some pig if need be.
The Expendabros has pigs that you can blow up.

PS

TEBOW! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PPS

I'm gud riter too! I make chivo guide! Prima should hire me now.

None of those games has ever been bundled. And one is a headless chicken zombie thing. Poor Hellgate.

I think this makes it clear that Valve isn't counting votes anymore, it's picking out what it wants.
Hint: Look at when they are submitted to Greenlight. None of games are older than 3 weeks and one is barely over 4 days old.

Woo!  Just scored a Five Nights at Freddy's key for 1 TOD Ticket ($1.01 in Steam credit).

Been offering $1 paypal all day with no luck, but this was even better.  Heard it's really good. 

Spankdragon date Summer Rae!: ur bad stlaker
Spankdragon date Summer Rae!: u got me ban just saying tebow u fool
Spankdragon date Summer Rae!: pooky prollu saw it and ban me
Spankdragon date Summer Rae!: go into chat room so we have party call idiot sold out
Spankdragon date Summer Rae!: y u wear gorila diapers
Spankdragon date Summer Rae!: why u slap urself
Spankdragon date Summer Rae!: hwhy u like being couch slave

Spankdragon date Summer Rae!: ur bad stlaker
Spankdragon date Summer Rae!: u got me ban just saying tebow u fool
Spankdragon date Summer Rae!: pooky prollu saw it and ban me
Spankdragon date Summer Rae!: go into chat room so we have party call idiot sold out
Spankdragon date Summer Rae!: y u wear gorila diapers
Spankdragon date Summer Rae!: why u slap urself
Spankdragon date Summer Rae!: hwhy u like being couch slave

Heard it's really good.
It's not. It's the type of game that might be funny to watch people play, but terrible to play yourself. I felt like I was playing a free flash game.

Now I'm starting to wish Gurumin didn't have a free key promo. I would've bought it if it had been greenlit.

San Andreas has a pig mod! Didn't know that. Apparently so does V.

MysterD

MysterD

MysterD

Is GTA V out on PC yet?
Oh, you know I so wish it was...

...so I could wait a bit for some kinda sale and buy the damn thing (kinda) cheap. ;)

EDIT:

Well, maybe if Valve really pushed the hell out of SteamOS (which is based-off of Linux), they could kinda help change that...

I'm sure there's some who are dying to get away from the clutches of Microsoft + their WIndows OS - especially after Win 8...

MacGuffin's Curse
Okay, so I got around to playing this one and I'm still not sure whether I want to keep playing. I said that the art "manages to both repulse and intrigue me at the same time" and that carries over to the gameplay and writing as well. For every thing I like, there's a thing that bothers me.

The puzzle gameplay itself is reasonably unique and interesting, with the Adventures of Lolo series being the closest thing I can think of. Unfortunately, the puzzle design scales up very slowly in difficulty, and there aren't enough new elements to the gameplay that the slow progression is warranted. In other words, it drags on in a way that teases a lot more potential than I've seen so far.

The writing can get pretty funny, and I love that they've taken the time to have completely different sets of dialogue for human and wolf form. Unfortunately, there's a lot of repeated dialogue (such as every bench smelling like 30 butts to the wolf) and the number of objects with text drops off sharply. Unevenly, too. Things that had funny dialogue in the last room won't even respond in the next one.

The controls are very basic and it's almost always extremely clear what actions can be performed and which objects are part of the puzzle. Unfortunately, the buttons are all over the place on the keyboard and I regularly end up pressing Enter when I mean to hit M or vice versa. In addition, your walking speed is a touch on the slow side and it makes walking around start to feel tedious even on the tiny maps that the game features.

Even the menus manage to be both hit and miss. I love having quick hotkey access to things like reset with the keys constantly displayed onscreen. But saving and exiting the game takes an absurdly large combination of keyboard inputs and mouse clicks. On the whole, it's a very interesting game that I'm glad that I checked out, but I don't even know if I like it or not after over an hour of playing. It's definitely a unique experience either way, so thanks again for the code drop.

Aspyr?

Does that mean they're going to charge sixty bucks, never give it a discount, and make it Mac Store exclusive?

(Yes, I don't like them. At all. Especially after they wiped all information on their older, pre-intel game ports, including update patches and troubleshooting information, from their website. Jerks.)

Aspyr games do have sales and they do sell at other stores. I've bought number of them (Steamplay of course) cheaply.

It doesn't really matter though because it's Steamplay so even if they never put it on sale people can just buy the Windows version.

Daily Deal
Evoland - $9.99 $2.49

Weekend Deals
Space Run - $14.99 $8.99
Grid Autosport - $49.99 $24.99
Grid - $14.99 $3.74
Grid 2 - $29.99 $7.49
F1 2013 - $49.99 $16.99
F1 2012 - $24.99 $6.24
F1 2011 - $29.99 $7.49
F1 Race Stars - $19.99 $4.99
Dirt 3 - $24.99 $6.24
Dirt Showdown - $19.99 $4.99
Overlord - $4.99 $1.24
Overlord: Raising Hell - $9.99 $2.49
Overlord II - $9.99 $2.49
Operation Flashpoint: Red River - $14.99 $3.74
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - $14.99 $3.74
Colin McRae Rally - $6.99 $3.49
Maelstorm: The Battle for Earth Begins - $4.99 $1.24
Hospital Tycoon - $4.99 $1.24
Damnation - $9.99 $2.49
Rise of the Argonauts - $9.99 $2.49

Special Promotions
Spacebase BF-9 - $24.99 $12.49
Super Game Jam - $19.99 $14.99

Mangina Simulator 2014

re: Humble RPS, once again, games are pretty good but value is poor for the bundlist. I need to play Amnesia.

Mangina Simulator 2014

re: Humble RPS, once again, games are pretty good but value is poor for the bundlist. I need to play Amnesia.
Only bought it to penny in on that DRM Free game. Whatever it is. But the bundle itself makes me want to punch that "poor" hipster dev right in the face like his name is warreni.

22367acef1dabd885a7f79722296c49e60cf865e.jpg

On a related note, I have an uncontrollable urge to fight pigs. Does anyone know any good fighting or beat em ups with some pigs to beat up? Does Bebop make an appearance in the latest Ninja Turtles game? I'll even RPG beat up some pig if need be.
You've probably already had your fill of beating up on pigs, thanks to Beast Boxing Turbo. Should you choose to escalate your swine-directed violence, you might consider Duke Nukem 3D. Pig Cops and all...

You've probably already had your fill of beating up on pigs, thanks to Beast Boxing Turbo. Should you choose to escalate your swine-directed violence, you might consider Duke Nukem 3D. Pig Cops and all...
I actually wouldn't mind shooting some too. Game DLing now. Thanks.

New Releases

Hatoful Boyfriend(Hot Pigeon Sex!!)- $9.99

Boo Bunny Plague- $3.74

Hunters of the Dead- $4.24

Train Fever- $34.99

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2- $29.99(early access)

So - how's everyone's PC shaping up, after looking at Ryse: Son of Rome PC's specs?

Minimum:

Minimum:

• Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.8 GHz/ AMD Dual-Core 3.2 GHz or better
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB video RAM
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive: 26 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
Recommended:

Recommended:

• Processor: Quad Core or Six Core CPU
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM