Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Or you could just skip shitty games like AC entirely. Can I say shitty? Maybe I should say poopy.
Not enough pixelation or roguelikeish for you?
Sounds like somebody hasn't heard of the upcoming [customspoiler="Assassins Creed: Rogue"]
asscreedrogue.jpg
[/customspoiler].

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized I have a bunch of Steam Coupons, anyone uses these things? I see they are tradable so I assume I can just hand them over? If anyone wants let me know.

90% off Deponia

90% off Book of Unwritten Tales

66% of Dieselstormers

75% off Chaos on Deponia

25% off Heavy Bullets

25% off Banished

25% off Pixel Piracy

I just realized I have a bunch of Steam Coupons, anyone uses these things? I see they are tradable so I assume I can just hand them over? If anyone wants let me know.

90% off Deponia

90% off Book of Unwritten Tales

75% off Chaos on Deponia
I got a 90% off BoUT coupon, as well.

Hmmm - is there an Incoming Indie Adventure Game Humble Bundle planned?

Best news I've heard all year.

It's gonna take all my CAG willpower to resist the temptation to pre-order.
They're now outside too. It reminds me a bit more of Eye of the Beholder and Lands of Lore, and it looks REALLY great!. Can't imagine the good mods it will have!

Not surprised about Ubi and AC game.  What is sad is that Ubi and other publishers knew a while ago the hardware specs of PS4 and should not cut the PS4 experience due to their ineptness.  Have no fear, in a couple of years, Ubi will re release a bundle of AC games in 1-2 disks for PS4 like others did for the PS3 ; AC bundle now optimized.  Just more BS from the publishers to re sell their games.

Regarding Alien Isolation, I read some reviews that thought the game was too long as the gameplay got stale and the gamer reviewing it got killed too many times to care.  It appears to have gorgeous graphics.  Any thoughts of gameplay from CAGs so far?

Regarding Alien Isolation, I read some reviews that thought the game was too long as the gameplay got stale and the gamer reviewing it got killed too many times to care. It appears to have gorgeous graphics. Any thoughts of gameplay from CAGs so far?
Watching the download is riveting!

I've played 86 minutes and have yet to see an alien.  Also, I've met a surly Irishman so I don't have any isolation either.  Zero for two, Creative Assembly... :shame:

I've played 86 minutes and have yet to see an alien. Also, I've met a surly Irishman so I don't have any isolation either. Zero for two, Creative Assembly... :shame:
The boxed Collectors' Edition of Aliens Colonial Marines is sitting sealed on my shelf. I bought it for $9.99 new with the Ripley figure, but I can't sell it now that I don't want it. The game actually subtracts value from the statue...

So I played about an hour or so of Alien. So far I'm pretty impressed.

The atmosphere is really pretty incredible right off the bat, and on the whole the presentation is pretty astounding (there was a time I thought it had transitioned to FMV, it looked that good). It also must have been made in some black magic voodoo ritual, as it runs like a dream on my fast aging PC (the specs of which I won't post out of embarrassment, but trust me when I say they have no business running a game like this).

I've yet to actually encounter the alien, but even still the game has already gotten a number of good jumps out of me. I don't know if anyone from Irrational actually worked on this, but it feels VERY Bioshock-esq with the way the world is designed, the looting system and audio diaries, and the general feel of unease seeping out of the world. The progression system also seems to have a bit of a Metroid-like design, as I keep running across doors that require me to have X tool before I can open them and unlock more parts of the map (which is practically screaming Metroid Prime to me).

Most of the complaints I've read have been for later parts of the game so we'll see if it holds up, but I'm quite surprised much I'm liking it so far. If you're a fan of Alien, Isolation feels pretty much exactly like you would expect a game set in the universe would (tense atmosphere, helpless character, and a constant threat of the unknown) and really seems like a love letter to everyone that's been burned by most every video game attached to the franchise in the past. Here's hoping it stays this good ^_^

For the ultimate #FakeCAGs out there, it seems that GMG is the currently cheapest place to get Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass. $24.00 after voucher VBHGBM-JS2VN9-0J5OFM (can't combine with credit).
If only that was the price for BL:TPS Base-Game + Season Pass altogether. ;)

I got up three hours too early this morning...I think it was my CAG instinct feeling remorse at missing the AMD deal due to sleep.  Countless hours on this forum every day, and I miss the best damn deal of the year!

Yeah, far better than Bethesda thing.

$3 for

Space Run + Habitat Pack (because I didn't have)

Total War Shogun 2 (because I didn't have)

3x Alien Isolation (woot for beign preorder copies)

2x Star Citizen + AMD Racer thingy

2x Sniper Elite 3

Believe or not, I got my money back.

It will forever haunt me that I only grabbed 3.
Yeap :(

Worse than missing the Bethesda GG fiasco? Maybe...
Bethesda was better. At least, for me. The extra 20% off and the narrow window where I could buy blue coins for 20% off as well got me some good stuff.

I had bought Alien: Isolation through Gamersgate with Putin-Bux ($20 after RU pricing and discount code) and wound up with a RU/CIS key when they were released (Steamdb didn't show alternate versions at the time). So I got a quick lesson in the joys of activating games via VPN. Used a new Steam account for it too, just in case, although from what I've read Valve is much more worried about using a VPN to buy from the Steam store than they care about activating 3rd party keys you bought elsewhere.

Anyway, I felt bad about "overpaying" for about five minutes after I heard about the AMD thing then realized I had missed it anyway so just be happy with the discount I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back