Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
IGB Wiki has been down for the last day or so.
Yeah... I visited the site and it looks like it's Dreamhost's fault. :\

It is unfortunate that IGBWiki is down. If you would like to join a petition against DreamHost for their ignorance in this case, please email [email protected] and we will email you details when we've gotten it set up.

Yeah... I visited the site and it looks like it's Dreamhost's fault. :\

It is unfortunate that IGBWiki is down. If you would like to join a petition against DreamHost for their ignorance in this case, please email [email protected] and we will email you details when we've gotten it set up.
According to the last post in the Main Keys Added Thread, they're switching servers.

Wow, played a bit of Alien Isolation to test it out. Does the game run really well on anyone else PC? It's all maxed out and doesn't seem to tax the process at all. The flames that burst out of the pipe in the beginning look damn good. The textures can be higher quality though. The lighting and particle effects are great. Only small problem is the vertical FOV and the mouse smoothing/acceleration, but it isn't as bad.

I think the devs can push this even further. I may try to run it downsample from 4K. All that's left is the story and gameplay....and did I mention the fire look damn good?

Kinda don't want to buy anymore games. 
rVcEmHE.png

Wow, played a bit of Alien Isolation to test it out. Does the game run really well on anyone else PC? It's all maxed out and doesn't seem to tax the process at all. The flames that burst out of the pipe in the beginning look damn good. The textures can be higher quality though. The lighting and particle effects are great. Only small problem is the vertical FOV and the mouse smoothing/acceleration, but it isn't as bad.

I think the devs can push this even further. I may try to run it downsample from 4K. All that's left is the story and gameplay....and did I mention the fire look damn good?
It's really good. I don't get solid 60 fps with my 4 YEAR old GPU (HD6870), but something like 40-60 fps which is acceptable.

And consoles probably struggle to get even 30fps.

This weekend is the Encore September Humble Bundle Sale

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/bundleencore

Why they haven't done this every other month-I have no idea. This is definitely one of the best promos they have come up with. The only catch is there is no BTA so you must pay the full $15.00 for each past bundle.
I dunno, if I didn't pick it up while it was running it's unlikely I'll want to get it at a higher price.

Yeah, I was shocked it ran so well (wasn't sure I'd be able to run it at all, let alone max so many settings out). I imagine it's something with how small most environments are, but even still, it looks amazing and runs like a dream; well done Creative Assembly.

New Releases

Boot Hill Heroes- $4.49

Ryse: Son of QTE- $39.99

Schein- $8.09

A Golden Shower Wake- $14.99

TRI: Of Friendship and Madness- $13.49

A-Train 9 V3.0: Railway Simulator- $50.99

Season Match 2- $3.99

Final Fantasy XIII- $15.99

Fairspace- $8.99

Save the Furries- $3.49

Spacebase-DF9(out of early access)- $24.99

Early Access

The Hive- $18.99

I'm constantly wrestling internally on whether Spiders is the Best Worst RPG Dev of the Worst Best RPG Dev.

They're one or the other, though.

For $3.75, everyone should pick up and try War Logs, though.

MrNinjaSquirrel, on 10 Oct 2014 - 5:38 PM, said:
Yeah, I was shocked it ran so well (wasn't sure I'd be able to run it at all, let alone max so many settings out). I imagine it's something with how small most environments are, but even still, it looks amazing and runs like a dream; well done Creative Assembly.
The requirements are relatively low all considering. I mean, compare it to some of the other games recently released/upcoming and Alien's are almost nothing. And someone else mentioned the fire, its awesome looking in game. Even little details like the Alien's drool is awesome. Thats two big releases in the last 3 weeks (Mordor and Alien) that are optimized really well.

Perhaps the only graphical thing I noticed "missing" was none of the blood from the facehuggers seemed acidic. I shot the Alien with the bolt gun once (it killed me in return) and it did bleed but it really doesnt matter if its blood is acidic b/c if you get that close to it you're surely dead

Look at that ugly evil clever bastard.

5uhhfm.jpg

I'm constantly wrestling internally on whether Spiders is the Best Worst RPG Dev of the Worst Best RPG Dev.

They're one or the other, though.

For $3.75, everyone should pick up and try War Logs, though.
I'd say the latter - Worst Best RPG Dev.

The thing is - Spiders really does some really cool + neat things w/ their games.

Usually, it's all in the actual atmosphere, characters, and plot. This stuff's always interesting.

They come up w/ cool ideas, settings, characters, and things nobody else would even attempt for a RPG.

This is what makes them great.

But, my God - their productions values + actual executions isn't always there.

The actual dialogue, writing + prose are often so stilted & all over the place in terms of quality.

I'm thinking on the English translations, it's quite possible a lot just flat-out gets lost in translation.

And it doesn't help that when they get voice-acting, the voice-acting is also varying in quality - it's either all over the place or just not good at all.

They really ported 13 to the PC? Pity it's locked on 720p.
Yep.

Durante's already put out a pre-alpha fix to bump whatever res' you want for FFXIII, which plugs right into his GeDoSaTo program.

It's still a work in progress - since he said it needs DoF fix, UI fix (which someone else fixed, since it's open-source), and some other things.

Plenty of pics on NeoGAF's FF13 PC thread + also info in NeoGAF's FF13 Durante Thread.

Polygon has comparison vids of Durante's GeDoSaTo running it at 1080p vs. the vanilla 720p experience:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/10/6958065/final-fantasy-13-pc-mod-gedosato-durante-resolution-fix

I'd say the latter - Worst Best RPG Dev.

The thing is - Spiders really does some really cool + neat things w/ their games.
Usually, it's all in the actual atmosphere, characters, and plot. This stuff's always interesting.
They come up w/ cool ideas, settings, characters, and things nobody else would even attempt for a RPG.
This is what makes them great.

But, my God - their productions values + actual executions isn't always there.
The actual dialogue, writing + prose are often so stilted & all over the place in terms of quality.
I'm thinking on the English translations, it's quite possible a lot just flat-out gets lost in translation.
And it doesn't help that when they get voice-acting, the voice-acting is also varying in quality - it's either all over the place or just not good at all.
This describes Resident Evil series quite well.

They really ported 13 to the PC? Pity it's locked on 720p.

Yep.

Durante's already put out a pre-alpha fix to bump whatever res' you want for FFXIII, which plugs right into his GeDoSaTo program.

It's still a work in progress - since he said it needs DoF fix, UI fix (which someone else fixed, since it's open-source), and some other things.

Plenty of pics on NeoGAF's FF13 PC thread + also info in NeoGAF's FF13 Durante Thread.

Polygon has comparison vids of Durante's GeDoSaTo running it at 1080p vs. the vanilla 720p experience:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/10/6958065/final-fantasy-13-pc-mod-gedosato-durante-resolution-fix

Image dump from my game. I put 3 in a further embedded spoiler tag since they could potentially be spoilers. So don't view if you care about that after the first spoiler tag that houses them all.

Using an ATI card, which has required me to replace GeDoSaTo's DLL until Durante can include it directly into his program. His current version has a bloom issue on ATI cards.

ff13-1.png

ff13-2.png

ff13-3.png

ff13-4.png

ff13-5.png

ff13-6.png

ff13-7.png

ff13-8.png

ff13-9.png

ff13-10.png

ff13-11.png

ff13-12.png

ff13-13.png

Game may not be great, but it does look nice. Particularly in larger resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back