Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Toblerone%20Milk%2050g.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJcLGXbzInY

Image dump from my game. I put 3 in a further embedded spoiler tag since they could potentially be spoilers. So don't view if you care about that after the first spoiler tag that houses them all.

Using an ATI card, which has required me to replace GeDoSaTo's DLL until Durante can include it directly into his program. His current version has a bloom issue on ATI cards.

ff13-1.png

ff13-2.png

ff13-3.png

ff13-4.png

ff13-5.png

ff13-6.png

ff13-7.png

ff13-8.png

ff13-9.png

ff13-10.png

ff13-11.png

ff13-12.png

ff13-13.png

Game may not be great, but it does look nice. Particularly in larger resolutions.
I'm pretty sure the two close ups of Sazh and the one pic above them are from pre-rendered cinematics.

Last edited:
Well, Tron 2.0 just showed up on Steam.

I'm honestly speechless. I didn't expect that to be sold there.

I'm pretty sure the two close ups of Sazh and the one pic above them are from pre-rendered cinematics.
Two of those definitely are. The third one is hard to say because there are some boxy parts. Main reason I took them is to show that there isn't much degradation in the CG cutscenes.

I'm 11 games away from 1600.

8========================D
I just don't know where all these games came from; every time I look I find new things in my library I didn't know I had.

Well, Tron 2.0 just showed up on Steam.

I'm honestly speechless. I didn't expect that to be sold there.
Supposedly it has "insert CD" issues at the moment that may or may not get patched.

Your bias has been noted. There's no point in posting this every 10 minutes.
Wait - I'm supposed to be the resident CAG that repeats the living hell out of himself.

I want both Steam versions + DRM-FREE versions.

I prefer DRM-FREE, though.

No-CEG is preferred on Steam-versions.

I want consoles games also on PC.

I like AAA titles.

I like to run into self-parody mode.

Wait - Did I miss anything? ;)

EDIT:

I forgot a shrug.

{shrug}

Image dump from my game. I put 3 in a further embedded spoiler tag since they could potentially be spoilers. So don't view if you care about that after the first spoiler tag that houses them all.

Using an ATI card, which has required me to replace GeDoSaTo's DLL until Durante can include it directly into his program. His current version has a bloom issue on ATI cards.

ff13-1.png

ff13-2.png

ff13-3.png

ff13-4.png

ff13-5.png

ff13-6.png

ff13-7.png

ff13-8.png

ff13-9.png

ff13-10.png

ff13-11.png

ff13-12.png

ff13-13.png

Game may not be great, but it does look nice. Particularly in larger resolutions.
That does look better than any screencap from the consoles. It's good to be a PC gamer. Having said that, it does seem like the textures are a little inconsistent. But hey WTF, Destiny has some great textures mingled with very low res ones.

Its also 60 GBs.

I got it on the cheap from a trader, but its not a game Im in the mood for now.
How the fuck get it that big?

Wait - I'm supposed to be the resident CAG that repeats the living hell out of himself.

I like AAA titles.

EDIT:
I forgot a shrug.
{shrug}
Occasionally you toast things.

No idea. Probably nothing is compressed, but I read it was 60 GB and was like wtf no way, but sure enough it is.
See, that's one reason why I still have a console. There are about 19,000 NES games and versions in every language, and they take up about 2GB. One game at 60GB with meaningless uncompressed foreign language support would take me a week or more to download. It's easier to buy a disc for $6 and always have it on some shitty console than to download and store or redownload it or share it with friends. And LAN parties suck.

I like AAA titles.

EDIT:
I forgot a shrug.
{shrug}
Drink!

See, that's one reason why I still have a console. There are about 19,000 NES games and versions in every language, and they take up about 2GB. One game at 60GB with meaningless uncompressed foreign language support would take me a week or more to download. It's easier to buy a disc for $6 and always have it on some shitty console than to download and store or redownload it or share it with friends. And LAN parties suck.
I can understand your particular perspective. I can download 60 GB in about an hour or two tops. Hard drive space is even less of a concern as I have a 2 TB drive. That said, I don't feel the need to have tons of games installed anyway. Right now I have 40, but many of those are small indie games. I do wish Steam DLs were more selective as to what you have to download as I have obviously have no need to download the Russian language version of any game etc, but for me I don't ever worry about time it takes to DL. Obviously if my internet was crappier, that would be a whole different story.

The only reason I would want a console at this point (I got rid of my PS3 about 18 months ago and my 360 even longer ago) is to play specific games that are not released on PC. They are few, but I do miss playing NHL and Madden when the time for them comes. I imagine that they will return to the PC sooner rather than later and even if they dont, I can live without them.

i hate workgin disney give keys on reddit mns got pack or something should give his master some keys hehe
I just found that they sent me a key for the Disney Mega Pack for having one of the highest rated questions or something, but I wound up getting one from the drops so that's going to be an Extra Life giveaway prize :D

Also in case anyone has forgotten and/or disabled my signature, I'll be doing participating in Extra Life on October 25th with a 24h charity gaming marathon, the entirety of which I will be streaming on Twitch. If anyone's feeling generous, or were among the people that asked me to remind them (and I forgot to do so), you can donate to my drive here and be qualified to maybe win some free games during my stream: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=104108

Cheers! :spam:

And there are console games that are worth 10s of thousands. Is that really the rarest PC game there is?

There's a Flintstones game on NES that's close to $1000 even without the box or manual.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flintstones-Surprise-at-Dinos-Peak-NES-1993-SHIPS-WORLDWIDE/201176073076?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D25410%26meid%3De4e1135a77e84c21bd8aed788dbf523d%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D10672%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D111289079035&rt=nc

And that's not even the rarest NES game.
Of course it's not the rarest but it's the rarest I own. You can't get into a dick measuring contest with someone else's dick, you know.

Of course it's not the rarest but it's the rarest I own. You can't get into a dick measuring contest with someone else's dick, you know.
You never said in the post I quoted that you own it. Besides that I probably have rarer games myself but never take the time to look up the values. I only really know the couple games' rarity because they were mentioned by name in a couple Pat The Nes Punk episodes on Youtube. I don't collect my games for their cash value. I collect to play.

I do own this though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Earthbound-complete-w-original-box-players-guide-Super-Nintendo-SNES-1995-/281459818785?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4188500121

Here's another thing. Would you just sell that copy of Ultima to buy more Steam games like I was told to sell my collection? Probably not right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back