Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, with the gem sack price pretty much bottoming out already, I see people getting stuck with a ton of gems, having to trade them in for booster packs, which ends up flooding the market full of cards, bottoming prices out on the cards even more and Steam wins because no one's going to be earning credit on them.  

sacks of 1000 gems are going for 10 cents or so so I have no idea why anyone would buy a 3 cent emoticon for 100.
With emoticons, 30c guarantees you 1000 gems.
With those sacks, it's a bit of a gamble what price you'll get them for... and "There was a problem purchasing your item. The listing may have been removed. Refresh the page and try again."

Nice, just managed to sell two Summer Getaway backgrounds from the 2013 summer sale, and an emoticon from the Steam trading card beta. Made a whole 3 cents.

XKkBWnd.gif

FFXIII PC resolution-fixing patch is out now.

Got it running in 1920x1080 natively - runs all over the place still, if I don't lock it down to 30FPS.

Locked down VSync to 30FPS (Adaptive half-refresh rate) via NVidia Control Panel - runs smooth like silk.

Hmm...to start crafting badges now for holiday cards or wait until the sale starts? The only advantage I can see in waiting is that if you craft during the sale you get an extra card each day for participating. Maybe the best thing is to save ~14 full sets and craft the rest now.

Oh man, what am I doing with my life...
I usually keep a set for each day but the price of the holiday cards in the past tanked from about 50c per card at the beginning to like 10-14c at the end.

Got it running in 1920x1080 natively - runs all over the place still, if I don't lock it down to 30FPS.

Locked down VSync to 30FPS (Adaptive half-refresh rate) via NVidia Control Panel - runs smooth like silk.
What does this post have to do with gems?

I usually keep a set for each day but the price of the holiday cards in the past tanked from about 50c per card at the beginning to like 10-14c at the end.
Yea that's a good point - card prices drop after the first couple days, so if previous models hold you're better off crafting earlier rather than later. Two cards at $0.20 each on Day 7 are not as good as one card at $0.50 on Day 1.

I just read the last few pages where people were talking about badges and gems, I have no clue what's going on. It's too complicated for me to want to figure out, why do they have to make it so ridiculous?

I think something happened and my gems multiplied by ten.

amigettingbanned?
Yes.. from Playfire

30 FPS is smooth as silk?

wtf-gif-tumblr-i2.gif

So what's the consensus? Craft now, sell off emoticons/backgrounds for gems? I have about 30 pages worth of cards to go through. 

jesus ... these holiday promotions seem to get more and more complicated ... and everything looks like it's going for thousands of gems ... yeah, I'm probably going to sit this one out. I like the concept, but people ruin it with weird schemes ...

So what's the consensus? Craft now, sell off emoticons/backgrounds for gems? I have about 30 pages worth of cards to go through.
Kind of need to see the booster pack creator first. I feel like that could be a better use for gems than bidding/putting them on the market, especially if they didn't anticipate how fast the gems would devalue.

30 FPS is smooth as silk?

wtf-gif-tumblr-i2.gif
The framerate is NOT dropping below 30FPS period, when locked at that. So, yeah - that's smooth as silk b/c it is just staying at 30 FPS at all times and not even dropping to 29 frames, currently.

Granted, I'd be much happier if this ran at 60FPS and had zero framerate drops - but, that ain't happening w/ this game's framerate not locked at 60FPS unfortunately. At 60FPS - at any moment, it's jumping around anywhere b/t 30-60 frames, often jumping up + down w/ massive leaps + drops.

I'm starting to really despise this whole aspect of Steam. Cards never seem to sell for shit, anymore, and now THIS.

I don't get it, but I still don't like it.

There's a ton of items and they cycle every 45 minutes (once it starts), so it shouldn't be too hard to win something as long as you're cool with it being bundle trash. The bids are saved, too, so eventually someone will quit outbidding you for NPPD Rush and it's yours.
Good point. I initially thought bidding on anything would be a waste of time, but there's always fondle butter.

Hmm...to start crafting badges now for holiday cards or wait until the sale starts? The only advantage I can see in waiting is that if you craft during the sale you get an extra card each day for participating. Maybe the best thing is to save ~14 full sets and craft the rest now.

Oh man, what am I doing with my life...
I'm getting the impression that this is it and there's not gonna be holiday cards this time around.

Awful promotion.  As Bruticis said you'll never beat the crazy Steam peeps with tons of crap in their inventory.  Not really worth the hassle to monitor auctions for shitty games.  Would rather just sell cards for a straight cash discount on stuff I actually want.

Good point. I initially thought bidding on anything would be a waste of time, but there's always fondle butter.

I'm getting the impression that this is it and there's not gonna be holiday cards this time around.
It's been confirmed that people are getting holiday cards from crafting...I think.

I still can't understand this thing but it definitely sounds like it's not worth the effort. I'm just going to ignore it.

Happy holidays btw.

Eh, i grabbed about 50k in gems for about $9. I can probably get some bundle fodder with that since anything big is already pretty high with 4 days to go.

I would tend to agree that it's not worth effort/money trying to game it right now, especially with glitches and/or market manipulation giving people millions of gems.

If crafting a booster = 450 gems (just saw it mentioned, unconfirmed), then this sloppy launch could ruin trading cards.  Just putting it out there.  Black Thursday.

It's been confirmed that people are getting holiday cards from crafting...I think.
Yeah, I wasn't looking at the dates on this auction dealy. Oops.

Eh, i grabbed about 50k in gems for about $9. I can probably get some bundle fodder with that since anything big is already pretty high with 4 days to go.
Shit for $9, I'll sell you TWO bundle fodders, bruh.

If anyone wants to use their illicit gems to buy me the games on my wishlist, I've got some hugs and kisses, maybe a reach around *wink wink* to telepathically send you.

I don't get it why the  fuck would I buy bags of gems?  The people that are able to use the exponental gemnation glitch who now have 4.7 trillion gems are gonna beat me in the auction like a red-headed stepchild...

'Booster Pack Creation is limited to 1 per game, per day. '

... omfg I'm getting boosters for all those expensive games and making back my money.

Everything is shut down. The Community Market is temporarily disabled. Please try again later.

I think they just realized how much they just shot themselves in the foot.

I'm trying to buy sacks of gems and the system can't even list my order. This will crash badly by monday, after the auction begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back