Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
... huh. Looks like Steam is changing the store pages a bit.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/302110/

There's a dropdown option in that game page that lets you pick the game alone or the bundle. I think that's a bad move, the previous system was better.
I prefer the old method, too... I really don't like how this requires you to drop that menu before you can see the prices.

I also can't help but think that this change is just to upset the sites/scripts that scrape/modify the page (eg SteamDB and Enhanced Steam.)

Just saw the auction page... from dec 15 to 18. It is new? Just got some gems and made a bid to get the badge. But I don't like it too much, it will be better if it started during the weekend, so people with a job (me) can participate.

So...Steam goes all out for gimmicks w/ the X-Mas Sale having this Auction thing, but just went cold turkey w/ gimmicks for the Autumn Sale?

#DontGetIt

[eyebrow raised]

... oh crap.

Spend thirty to forty cents, get a booster pack for a high value item game you already idled. Sell cards, end up with lots of profit.

It's better when you get a DVD inside a nice case in nice smelling shrink-wrap...just ask MysterD!
As long as the game's DRM-FREE or it takes up lots of space, sure. :D

Installing from discs surely can beat download time - if the game's a monster of a download.

Though, switching b/t multiple discs on installs can be a royal pain in the butt.

I really wish PC gaming years ago adopted BR-discs at retail + pushed BR-burner drives harder.

As long as the game's DRM-FREE or it takes up lots of space, sure. :D

Installing from discs surely can beat download time - if the game's a monster of a download.

Though, switching b/t multiple discs on installs can be a royal pain in the butt.

I really wish PC gaming years ago adopted BR-discs at retail + pushed BR-burner drives harder.
Burners and recordable media are still pretty expensive.

And the stupid DRM schemes that make it a pain to play Bluray movies on PCs don't help, either.

So I uh, just bought 200 3 cent items and plan to turn those into gems to get boosters. Help. :p

Burners and recordable media are still pretty expensive.

And the stupid DRM schemes that make it a pain to play Bluray movies on PCs don't help, either.
Looks like we'll all just keep to sticking back-ups for big-sized games on our huge external hard drives, for now...

Games like FFXIII - yeah, I don't wanna re-download that monster...

EDIT:

If I was to burn stuff to BR - I don't think it's buying a BR-burner that's too expensive to me; it's the damn blank BR-discs that are.

Looks like we'll all just keep to sticking back-ups for big-sized games on our huge external hard drives, for now...

Games like FFXIII - yeah, I don't wanna re-download that monster...

EDIT:

If I was to burn stuff to BR - I don't think it's buying a BR-burner that's too expensive to me; it's the damn blank BR-discs that are.
does downloading a game really take that long? Are you guys still on dial up?

Interesting how much the gems:market value ratio varies item-to-item. My BL2 card (10c on market) is worth 26 gems, while a Blackwell card (also 10c on market) is worth 3 gems. I wonder how the values are calculated.

Ha, guess what? The booster creator is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Looks like they didn't plan on people overloading the servers...

Interesting how much the gems:market value ratio varies item-to-item. My BL2 card (10c on market) is worth 26 gems, while a Blackwell card (also 10c on market) is worth 3 gems. I wonder how the values are calculated.
My guess is how much money the games have made on Steam. Or how popular the game is.

The graphic card/chip (Radeon HD 8210) in that one is apparently terrible.

This one is $300 and has an A8 processor and Radeon R5 graphics which looks to be enough to play non-action/graphic heavy games. He has an Xbox 360 for that sort of thing so I think this could be the winner (for the price range I'm stuck with).
I have a HP Laptop w/ AMD A6-5200 APU w/ Radeon HD 8400 on Win 8 64-bit.

It's main purpose - to play games that are old just like myself.

Namely, when I'm away from home + not in front of my main gaming desktop.

It runs Diablo 2 + Vampire: Bloodlines quite well. ;)

Hmm, definitely time to start jacking up card prices. Someone just bought my :tradingcard: that has been on the market since the trading card beta at 0.01.  People are buying anything and everything thats cheap right now

Hmm, definitely time to start jacking up card prices. Someone just bought my :tradingcard: that has been on the market since the trading card beta at 0.01. People are buying anything and everything thats cheap right now
I think they're giving a high gem value to items that simply do not sell and are just clogging up the market.

I just bought a bunch of 3 cent emoticons that are worth 100 gems each, and destroyed all those stupid CS:GO backgrounds I got last year for the same amount - but my 15 cent cards are worth 20 gems?

This is a ploy to clean up the market, period.

I think they're giving a high gem value to items that simply do not sell and are just clogging up the market.

I just bought a bunch of 3 cent emoticons that are worth 100 gems each, and destroyed all those stupid CS:GO backgrounds I got last year for the same amount - but my 15 cent cards are worth 20 gems?

This is a ploy to clean up the market, period.
I had an 8c card that was worth 2 gems....

Ahh, alright, time to start checking my cheap ass emoticons that go nowhere

-edit

yup just checked, emoticons and backgrounds I couldnt sell for 2-3cents are worth 80-100gems. Meanwhile some 10-12 cent cards are worth 20-30 gems

Someone's already bid that holiday profile up to 70K gems!

And still turning items into gems... this is going to take a while.

tumblr_mg18nauJbY1r1wdslo1_500.gif

Well, based on knowing what it is, I think I'm going to try to find one or two other lower-priced laptops that would be more suitable. I know I won't find a great gaming machine on the low end but I can't believe she can't do better than that and I hate the idea of her "big gift" being a disappointment two days later. I'm not much of a laptop person so if anyone has a link or idea, I'd appreciate it.

Luckily, Target's website for that computer says it must be returned by 1/24/15. It's unopened and new so that should apply.
It's more than $170 bucks, but I bought my daughter this one for Christmas. It's $399.

Toshiba - Satellite 17.3" Laptop - AMD A8-Series - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Jet Black

EDIT: Just seen you looking at the 15.6" version later in the thread for $299. That wasn't as cheap back when I ordered her 17".

Let me get this right..... you can pay almost $30 for a profile background that even if enabled or disabled will vanish from your inventory in a month?
Yeah. I probably would have been willing to pay $10 for it if it was permanant, but as soon as I saw that it was temporary... stuff that.

Yeah. I probably would have been willing to pay $10 for it if it was permanant, but as soon as I saw that it was temporary... stuff that.
same here it looks nice and sure make it limited if you must but there is no point if it's just gonna be gone. Oh well guess I can start crafting that Holiday 2014 badge now lol.

same here it looks nice and sure make it limited if you must but there is no point if it's just gonna be gone. Oh well guess I can start crafting that Holiday 2014 badge now and get backgrounds from that.... ones that won't vanish.

Argh. Home all day with nothing to do, and now that I'm out at work without a computer, everybody's buying my 3 cent emoticons that have been on the market for a year. GABENNNN!!!!!!!!!

Wait, we're not getting a holiday card for crafting a game badge this time around?
My bad for confusion. Crafting normal badges gives you emoticon , background and holiday card but i'm not sure what the Holiday Badge gives you I imagine the same items since I just checked the market and Holidy 2014 items are showing up now.

:headache:

EDIT: Where did you see that?
From the FAQ;

"How do I get the 2014 Holiday Auction badge?

The Auction Badge has three levels that correspond to Auction participation. Create Gems to earn level 1, place a bid to earn level 2, and win an auction round to earn the final level."

There's a ton of items and they cycle every 45 minutes (once it starts), so it shouldn't be too hard to win something as long as you're cool with it being bundle trash.  The bids are saved, too, so eventually someone will quit outbidding you for NPPD Rush and it's yours.

sacks of 1000 gems are going for 10 cents or so so I have no idea why anyone would buy a 3 cent emoticon for 100.

Hmm...to start crafting badges now for holiday cards or wait until the sale starts? The only advantage I can see in waiting is that if you craft during the sale you get an extra card each day for participating. Maybe the best thing is to save ~14 full sets and craft the rest now.

Oh man, what am I doing with my life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back