Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like they pretty definitely haven't fixed whatever glitches were going on, since the top bids for games are still uniformly in the tens or hundreds of thousands of gems...

Should I just sell my cards?

It seems like they pretty definitely haven't fixed whatever glitches were going on, since the top bids for games are still uniformly in the tens or hundreds of thousands of gems...

Should I just sell my cards and leave it at that?

Been mining for cards and all of the cards I'm getting are only worth 3 gems, whereas the cards that I still had in my inventory are worth 11 gems or more.

LOL yeah fuck this gem shit. I'll take my $.07 per card.

Oh boy, someone on my friends list just got hacked by one of those picture viruses. :|
fucking damn it! Just got that phished by that and got all Tf2 and Dota items stolen...

If your friends with me, don't respond or click any links from me on Steam

Did Ninja Squirrel abandon us or something? The thread title and OP hasn't been updated in a week. And come to think of it, I haven't seen him around lately. He just posted a review on steam, so I know he's not dead. But he seems to have disappeared on CAG.
no he be nutty so i sent him to his timeout hee

So, if we remove the Gate from Baldur's Gate - we just get Baldur??!?

Just...doesn't sound right.
u dont sound right u should rename AgingD

well he's in spanky chat which is the only cag related thing that really matters
oh really u sure it not pasports cage chat

D make joke!

Squirrel bides his time in Spakny chat.

Woo, spanyk spakyn chat!
d no joke he was hack by his queen havok

If I build an Ark, will the Seasonal CAG's show-up?
no ur face shows up halfway

Did Ninja Squirrel abandon us or something? The thread title and OP hasn't been updated in a week. And come to think of it, I haven't seen him around lately. He just posted a review on steam, so I know he's not dead. But he seems to have disappeared on CAG.
no he be nutty so i sent him to his timeout hee

So, if we remove the Gate from Baldur's Gate - we just get Baldur??!?

Just...doesn't sound right.
u dont sound right u should rename AgingD

well he's in spanky chat which is the only cag related thing that really matters
oh really u sure it not pasports cage chat

D make joke!

Squirrel bides his time in Spakny chat.

Woo, spanyk spakyn chat!
d no joke he was hack by his queen havok

If I build an Ark, will the Seasonal CAG's show-up?
no ur face shows up halfway

what picture virus?
Its a link to a png "screenshot"...a Steam friend messages you and gives you a link to "look" at the screenshot...it downloads and automatically "trades" all rare items you have to someone's smurf Steam account.

Was tired and didn't think when I clicked on it

Does Steam have an end of year sale? If so, when? Does anyone think Magicka will be on sale soon? Do I have to download Steam to play games? None of the games in the OP are on sale.  This thread sux.

Does Steam have an end of year sale? If so, when? Does anyone think Magicka will be on sale soon? Do I have to download Steam to play games? None of the games in the OP are on sale. This thread sux.
{points Neuro over to my newly built Seasonal CAG Ark}

Go join the party. :p

Does Steam have an end of year sale? If so, when? Does anyone think Magicka will be on sale soon? Do I have to download Steam to play games? None of the games in the OP are on sale. This thread sux.
Yes, it starts in January. Magicka never goes on sale. No, you can play games on consoles without downloading Steam. What's an OP? You suck.

Yes, it starts in January. Magicka never goes on sale. No, you can play games on consoles without downloading Steam. What's an OP? You suck.
judzpinmzaobthld2gwg.gif

Ah yes, the Spore games are today's daily deal. I already own them all, of course. I got them in a trade. What did I trade for them you might ask? Why nothing really, just Wolfenstein. I'm talking about the Activision game that was removed from the store back in 2012. But hey, no worries. I made the trade knowing full well that it would end up back on steam real soon. Just as soon as the rights reverted back to Bethesda.

That was almost 3 years ago.

*Cries*

Use to fartbubble on motoki with mindlink but it was a agentghost mysterd that tried a' kitty making my neuro turn into the end which lead to a fatality tebow with a hint of fakeybro cheapfoxhack and juan a pasport for a ninjasquirrel. Seasonal CAGs stand up! (I forgot a few but don't be so brawny or coconut).

A random person on Steam sent me this image that will explain everything...just click here: steam.png

I really hope I made the right decision in ignoring this whole gem business.  I guess I will just try to be happy with the fact that I have sold 46 cards in the past 2 days and try ignore all evidence to the contrary that I (possibly) might have made much more somehow if I worked at it.  (I try to live by the mantra that hard work pays off in the distant future but laziness pays of right now).

On a side note I am still waffling back and forth between the GTX760 and the Radeon R9 270X.  I just can't decide if the free games and cheaper price point of the Radeon are worth switching from NVIDIA (I am sure I am holding on to some outdated ATI rage from the distant past here).  That said I am surely buying Star Citizen and Alien Isolation eventually... so the games are a very enticing bonus.  That is, unless anyone here wants to buy my NVIDIA $150 in game currency for 75% off (Come on - everyone is playing War Thunder, Infinite Crisis, and Strife - Right? Right?!).

Use to fartbubble on motoki with mindlink but it was a agentghost mysterd that tried a' kitty making my neuro turn into the end which lead to a fatality tebow with a hint of fakeybro cheapfoxhack and juan a pasport for a ninjasquirrel. Seasonal CAGs stand up! (I forgot a few but don't be so brawny or coconut).
I need scissors 61!

I really hope I made the right decision in ignoring this whole gem business. I guess I will just try to be happy with the fact that I have sold 46 cards in the past 2 days and try ignore all evidence to the contrary that I (possibly) might have made much more somehow if I worked at it. (I try to live by the mantra that hard work pays off in the distant future but laziness pays of right now).

On a side note I am still waffling back and forth between the GTX760 and the Radeon R9 270X. I just can't decide if the free games and cheaper price point of the Radeon are worth switching from NVIDIA (I am sure I am holding on to some outdated ATI rage from the distant past here). That said I am surely buying Star Citizen and Alien Isolation eventually... so the games are a very enticing bonus. That is, unless anyone here wants to buy my NVIDIA $150 in game currency for 75% off (Come on - everyone is playing War Thunder, Infinite Crisis, and Strife - Right? Right?!).
I'm personally wanting at least a 4GB VRAM card.

I'm really waiting + hoping for a 4GB VRAM NVidia GeForce 970 to drop a little bit.

I'm personally wanting at least a 4GB VRAM card.

I'm really waiting + hoping for a 4GB VRAM NVidia GeForce 970 to drop a little bit.
Well, they'd have to drop around 50% for me to look at them right now :) Amazon does have a Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 4GB for @$205 that seems pretty well reviewed.

Ah yes, the Spore games are today's daily deal. I already own them all, of course. I got them in a trade. What did I trade for them you might ask? Why nothing really, just Wolfenstein. I'm talking about the Activision game that was removed from the store back in 2012. But hey, no worries. I made the trade knowing full well that it would end up back on steam real soon. Just as soon as the rights reverted back to Bethesda.

That was almost 3 years ago.

*Cries*

The End
FIFY

since some of you are in doubt about the cards, gems, auctions, boosters... just give me all your cards, backgrounds and emoticons. Yes, you read it right, give them all to me.

Clean that dusty inventory of yours to make room and store more copies of bad rats, dead island epidemic and all the gifts you want for your beloved. 

Edit: You can read the above sentence with Sean Connery's accent... just to make it better.

I really hope I made the right decision in ignoring this whole gem business. I guess I will just try to be happy with the fact that I have sold 46 cards in the past 2 days and try ignore all evidence to the contrary that I (possibly) might have made much more somehow if I worked at it. (I try to live by the mantra that hard work pays off in the distant future but laziness pays of right now).

On a side note I am still waffling back and forth between the GTX760 and the Radeon R9 270X. I just can't decide if the free games and cheaper price point of the Radeon are worth switching from NVIDIA (I am sure I am holding on to some outdated ATI rage from the distant past here). That said I am surely buying Star Citizen and Alien Isolation eventually... so the games are a very enticing bonus. That is, unless anyone here wants to buy my NVIDIA $150 in game currency for 75% off (Come on - everyone is playing War Thunder, Infinite Crisis, and Strife - Right? Right?!).
well Radeon is cheaper but NVIDIA is feature rich, esp. with the 9 series DSR feature.

I was exclusively Radeon in the past (they offered raw power at super cheap price) but after they f**** up Xcom game with little driver support for legacy card as well as poor support on Crossfire, I switch to Nvidia. This is my new card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125706

well Radeon is cheaper but NVIDIA is feature rich, esp. with the 9 series DSR feature.

I was exclusively Radeon in the past (they offered raw power at super cheap price) but after they f**** up Xcom game with little driver support for legacy card as well as poor support on Crossfire, I switch to Nvidia. This is my new card

Dammit - that 970 card must be awesome. How you liking it?

That 970 needs to drop some more in price. ;)

I have no intentions of changing to another vid-card brand. For most of my gaming life (since my GeForce 2 MX 400), it's been all Nvidia for me.

Well, they'd have to drop around 50% for me to look at them right now :) Amazon does have a Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 4GB for @$205 that seems pretty well reviewed.
Don't. High VRAM on mid tier cards won't take advantage of it. Plus, that price. You might as well get a R9 280X/290 during a sale.

@agentghost Yeah I'd love a 9 series, but I am stuck looking around at the 7s right now (only have @$200 to spend).  I'm sure no matter what I get won't be great in a year, but I'm still running a GTX275, so anything will be an improvement.

@ShadowEX good point, thanks!

Anyway, these are the 2 I am waffling between:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130932

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127761&cm_re=MSI_AMD_Radeon_R9_270X_Gaming-_-14-127-761-_-Product

I have to pull the trigger on something this weekend.

Haha at the $19.99 each price tag on Creepy/Cute and Galactic Adventures. Those aren't full blown expansions or anything are they?

You can use DSR on older cards now also. I have 670s but I have only tried it on Burnout Paradise and I couldn't tell much difference on that game.

Its a link to a png "screenshot"...a Steam friend messages you and gives you a link to "look" at the screenshot...it downloads and automatically "trades" all rare items you have to someone's smurf Steam account.

Was tired and didn't think when I clicked on it
Just curious.. which antivirus program did you have when you clicked it?

Dammit - that 970 card must be awesome. How you liking it?

That 970 needs to drop some more in price. ;)

I have no intentions of changing to another vid-card brand. For most of my gaming life (since my GeForce 2 MX 400), it's been all Nvidia for me.
it's a beast.. low profile helps with cooling and airflow a lot and NO stupid coil whine like the regular GTX 970.

DSR is enable for older card but it's not very good on those. Save up and go for the 9 series. I upgraded from radeon 4870x2. This is the first time I spent $300 on a video card and I didn't even regret it. DON'T even think about the discounted last-gen card on both camps. They have poorer performance and bad performance per dollar value (well, Radeon is a bit better in value since it's cheaper than NVIDIA last gen). The performance/dollar value on the NVIDIA 9 series is simply ridiculous! Best bang for the buck and feature-rich to the boot.

@agentghost Yeah I'd love a 9 series, but I am stuck looking around at the 7s right now (only have @$200 to spend). I'm sure no matter what I get won't be great in a year, but I'm still running a GTX275, so anything will be an improvement.

@ShadowEX good point, thanks!

Anyway, these are the 2 I am waffling between:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130932

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127761&cm_re=MSI_AMD_Radeon_R9_270X_Gaming-_-14-127-761-_-Product

I have to pull the trigger on something this weekend.
You could buy my two 580s for $200 and have SLI ;) But seriously I know it has already been said but if you could just hold that $200 and save up, sell some stuff or rob a bank to get a 970s and you will not have to upgrade for awhile but to make your decision even here go to PCPartPicker and I sorted it with 760-970s. You can get a 760 for under $200 before rebate.

I've been on a mini card trading frenzy today.  Thanks to everyone who participated!!!

Last time they had that sale with the teams you got team points when you created a badge each day.  I don't see any reason to wait this time unless I missed something?   I can craft my badges whenever I want?

I've been on a mini card trading frenzy today.  Thanks to everyone who participated!!!

Last time they had that sale with the teams you got team points when you created a badge each day.  I don't see any reason to wait this time unless I missed something?   I can craft my badges whenever I want?

You can use DSR on older cards now also. I have 670s but I have only tried it on Burnout Paradise and I couldn't tell much difference on that game.
Because DSR is only meant to make the edges much sharper than traditional MSAA with none or less crawling. It wouldn't make like the textures look "better". Takes screenshots and compare them. The difference is there but factor in game engines and such. Especially titles that only have one type of AA like FXAA. The DSR is the better choice, as long you able to pull it off with desirable framerates.

Edit: I haven't use it much but on older titles, they're great to play around with. BL2 and TPS looked fine, but I get choppy framerates now and then. :(

SPECIAL OFFER: With your valid Club HE subscription on December 12-13th 2014. You will be receiving a free Steam Key redeemable for a classic game from Humongous Entertainment. Steam account required for activation. Humongous Entertainment is not responsible for corrupt or undelivered email. Please allow 5-7 business days for delivery to your registered email address. No substitutions will be allowed.

http://humongous.com/membership/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back