Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the thing I'm wondering most about is the daily deals. In the past, it's been a 24-hour clock, followed by another 24-hour, "Yesterday's Deals," clock. Now, the front-page deals have a 2-day timer, and I can't help but wonder if that means that the deals will change every 2 days, rather than every days (like how the community vote went from 8 hours to 24 and the flash sales have gone from 8 hours to 12).

This Steam sale could be the start of something awful.

I think the thing I'm wondering most about is the daily deals. In the past, it's been a 24-hour clock, followed by another 24-hour, "Yesterday's Deals," clock. Now, the front-page deals have a 2-day timer, and I can't help but wonder if that means that the deals will change every 2 days, rather than every days (like how the community vote went from 8 hours to 24 and the flash sales have gone from 8 hours to 12).

This Steam sale could be the start of something awful.
Uh, 'daily' game deals now last 48 hours. It's been like that for some time.

And here I was hoping Steam would give me a reason to procrastinate at work.

I've done nothing but crafted badges for the past hour instead of perusing the sales.

Sadly there is no points contest like the one during the Summer.
My thoughts exactly. Checking the sales while at work just won't be the same.

Why must you take these things from us lord GABEN?!?

Also did anyone notice the new trading window ? It shows 3 things regarding the other person:

• Relationship to you.
  • Steam Level
  • Member of Steam since..
I thought that was nifty.

I can't see the store.

I click on featured and I just get a black screen.

I try using a browser to get to it but that doesn't work either.

The individual game pages will show but I can't see the store proper.

my brother's will load and show fine so it's not our internet.

It's happening on different browsers so it isn't the client.

Something's just wrong.

I can't see the store.

I click on featured and I just get a black screen.

I try using a browser to get to it but that doesn't work either.

The individual game pages will show but I can't see the store proper.

my brother's will load and show fine so it's not our internet.

It's happening on different browsers so it isn't the client.

Something's just wrong.
Happened to me earlier. Thought I was the only one that couldn't access the store, but some reason it loads under Chrome, and after an hour everything went back to normal.

Also did anyone notice the new trading window ? It shows 3 things regarding the other person:

• Relationship to you.
  • Steam Level
I noticed that a few days ago, but I assumed it was one of my add-ons. I like it. Does it also show you the market value of the items in the trade, or is that one of my add-ons?

• Relationship to you.
  • Steam Level
I want someone's relationship to me to say "Palinn's trading card sugar daddy". I guess I'll need "Palinn's personal gift giver" as well.

Any volunteers?

Civ V and its major expansions (Brave New World, Gods & Kings, Civ V: Complete) are all 80% off at GameAgent.com

Not a major deal since $10 for Civ V Complete is what it was with coupon at GMG last week but if you want to get one of the expansions or something, it might be handy.

Happened to me earlier. Thought I was the only one that couldn't access the store, but some reason it loads under Chrome, and after an hour everything went back to normal.
Well I tried to use Chrome. Won't load there either. It's been a couple of hours. I hope this gets fixed soon. It's not like I am going to be able to buy anything but I at least want some free winter trading cards to sell.

Was really hoping the final fantasy games would go cheaper during this sale but looks like square store is where I will have to go for them according to enhanced steam.

Do you know if the skins affect anything functionally? I saw some IGN guide and it said something like the MGS4 suit is not very effective in combat.

Hmm it says they each have unique properties. I guess some have extra inventory slots or bonus damage... don't really care about that stuff if I can play as a Raiden that doesn't look like my grandma.

Do you know if the skins affect anything functionally? I saw some IGN guide and it said something like the MGS4 suit is not very effective in combat.

Hmm it says they each have unique properties. I guess some have extra inventory slots or bonus damage... don't really care about that stuff if I can play as a Raiden that doesn't look like my grandma.
Pretty sure that skin is just cosmetic. Some of them do have effects, but the description for that one is just in-game lore and doesn't actually have an effect.

Man I had no real interest in Rising, but now... Dat costume.

I have $9.70 credit and I want Ground Zeroes more but I have purchased it on two platforms and 100%'d on both already.

Pretty sure that skin is just cosmetic. Some of them do have effects, but the description for that one is just in-game lore and doesn't actually have an effect.
Thanks bro.

Holiday card prices appear to be rising, ever so slowly.

*stares at stockpile of 139 holiday cards*

*and one foil*
230 holiday cards

and two foils

929.gif

Edit: and also...
NDZwlLj.png

Okay guys few questions aobut the sale if you can anser thanks:

i really want euro truck but do u think it gets cheepr or should i buy now?

is the star wars franchise pack going to be on sale?

can somebody update the op or r u guys all lazy?

I know I always say it's the worst sale ever but... remember a few years ago when they had the front page set up like a catalog?  5 for $5 indie bundles, publisher packs, wacky votes, etc?  Now it's literally:  here's your nine dailies, here's your six half-dailies, here's your ONE community vote.  Enjoy.  They don't even try anymore.  At least the shitty team race thing was some kind of promo.

I know I always say it's the worst sale ever but... remember a few years ago when they had the front page set up like a catalog? 5 for $5 indie bundles, publisher packs, wacky votes, etc? Now it's literally: here's your nine dailies, here's your six half-dailies, here's your ONE community vote. Enjoy. They don't even try anymore. At least the shitty team race thing was some kind of promo.
blergh. it's true

I know I always say it's the worst sale ever but... remember a few years ago when they had the front page set up like a catalog? 5 for $5 indie bundles, publisher packs, wacky votes, etc? Now it's literally: here's your nine dailies, here's your six half-dailies, here's your ONE community vote. Enjoy. They don't even try anymore. At least the shitty team race thing was some kind of promo.
Agree. That's why I said this was a boring sale. There will always be good and bad discounts all year... but summer and winter sales used to be fun. Now this sale is nothing different from any other store.

My mother is dead.

Just kidding. Wouldn't you have felt bad if she was, though?
Every time I make a your mom joke I wonder "what if she's dead, this would be so mean" but I always figure the other person wouldn't take it personally if true, hopefully. Guess it's always a risk.

While the dailies aren't too exciting, there are at least (as usual) plenty of games 75% off+. Just picked up Puzzle Agent 2, really liked the first one.

Dark Souls 2 on sale looks interesting, but with the rerelease with the DLC and everything coming out in a few months, I'm not sure how much sense it would make to buy it now, as the DLC isn't on sale along with the game. 

Dark Souls 2 on sale looks interesting, but with the rerelease with the DLC and everything coming out in a few months, I'm not sure how much sense it would make to buy it now, as the DLC isn't on sale along with the game.
Wait. The new version looks like its really worth waiting for...it'll include all the dlc (including the new expansion) in addition to the upgrade to dx11, which will hopefully include the lighting effects originally planned. Of course, if you really want to play it now, 13 bucks isn't a terrible price to pay for a game which has pretty good length and replay value and is of high quality, and you can hope that they'll have a discount upgrade option for prior owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back