Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we just ignoring all these amazing sales?

Overcast - Walden and Werewolf         $9.99 - 98% = $0.19

Dead Bits                                           $4.99 - 97% = $0.14 (soundtrack is $0.99 - 82% = $0.18, I'm waiting until at least 86% off)

Defy Gravity Extend                            $2.99 - 95% = $0.14

GEARCRACK Arena + Soundtrack      $0.99 - 91% = $0.09

Dead Bits, Defy and Gearcrack have cards...if you are into that sorta thing.

Those have all been bundled or free I think...and they also kinda suck. Except the Gearcrack soundtrack, that is awesome, totally worth the $0.09. Just don't play the game or even look at the game, just idle it for cards. Seriously, don't play it.

Wait. The new version looks like its really worth waiting for...it'll include all the dlc (including the new expansion) in addition to the upgrade to dx11, which will hopefully include the lighting effects originally planned. Of course, if you really want to play it now, 13 bucks isn't a terrible price to pay for a game which has pretty good length and replay value and is of high quality, and you can hope that they'll have a discount upgrade option for prior owners.
I still need to work on Dark Souls 1 PC - and get by Sen's Fortress.

Yup - so I'm likely gonna wait for that Dark Souls 2: Definitive Edition.

Are we just ignoring all these amazing sales?

Overcast - Walden and Werewolf $9.99 - 98% = $0.19

Dead Bits $4.99 - 97% = $0.14 (soundtrack is $0.99 - 82% = $0.18, I'm waiting until at least 86% off)

Defy Gravity Extend $2.99 - 95% = $0.14

GEARCRACK Arena + Soundtrack $0.99 - 91% = $0.09

Dead Bits, Defy and Gearcrack have cards...if you are into that sorta thing.

Those have all been bundled or free I think...and they also kinda suck. Except the Gearcrack soundtrack, that is awesome, totally worth the $0.09. Just don't play the game or even look at the game, just idle it for cards. Seriously, don't play it.
That's all well and good unless you buy every bundle under the sun and then you already have them and have long since idled the cards.

I did see Fox buy that 49 cent Monster Challenge Circus game which has almost 80% bad reviews. I can't decide if looks like it's so bad it's good or so bad it passed good and got back to bad again.

Every time I make a your mom joke I wonder "what if she's dead, this would be so mean" but I always figure the other person wouldn't take it personally if true, hopefully. Guess it's always a risk.
I had a friend back in (a professional graduate school I won't name as to draw the ire of Bruticis) whose mother actually died of cancer while he was in school. Unfortunately a few 'your mom' jokes did slip but he took it in stride.

That's all well and good unless you buy every bundle under the sun and then you already have them and have long since idled the cards.

I did see Fox buy that 49 cent Monster Challenge Circus game which has almost 80% bad reviews. I can't decide if looks like it's so bad it's good or so bad it passed good and got back to bad again.
The one positive review I read says that it is so bad that you have to experience it for yourself.

Uh, 'daily' game deals now last 48 hours. It's been like that for some time.
I don't think you got what I meant. In the past, they're listed as "Daily Deals," and they last 24 hours. Then, after 24 hours, they change to "Yesterday's Deals," and get another 24-hour timer. This time, they're labeled as "Featured Deals," (not "Daily"), and the initial timer is for the full 2 days. It has me wondering if they're going to halve the number of "Featured Deals," leaving us with just the bi-daily offerings, with no overlap of "Daily" and "Yesterday" deals, like we usually see.

I was helping people own it but either people ain't my Steam Friend or they have an non-intuitive Steam name.

Wait what

*checks game list*

Oh god, for a moment there I thought I was buying games in my sleep or something!

For anyone who's got Playfire money to burn, Greenman does occasionally put those Nancy Drews on sale. Some, but not all, of the ones they sell are Steam keys so check first and make sure.

I suppose ala carte they also could potentially get cheaper than this 70% off sale, but you'd pretty much have to stack a coupon to get them significantly cheaper and then you'd have to buy multiples because of their stupid $10 minimum.

Not a surprise really.

They're giving everyone 1 for each vote + you get em for every $10 spent, and I think the biggest thing against them this year is the fact that crafting the badge doesnt get you an item drop like last year which kills the desire for a lot of people to bother with the badge. There's no incentive to do it multiple times.
True, but I was surprised they didn't have a tie-in community event for the sale proper, and just went with the auction.

I don't think I'm gonna have the patience to sit on these full card sets until the next sale.

Went ahead and picked up Dead Bits and Gearcrack Arena, hopefully get on them before the cards tank to like .03 per but even then just out a few cents. 

Of the first day, more excited about the Prison Architect Alpha 28 then anything on sale. Everything I want is either on a terrible discount or not it's cheapest. Hoping though Nuuvem having The Escapists for $5.00 means it might drop close to that on Steam some point during the sale. 

Oh and hoping the changes to the sale means less repeats but I get the feeling it'll be the same amount of repeats with less games on sale instead. 

Oh and tempted to buy up some gems for booster crafting with the gem market dropping off. Not sure if it's really worth it though, leaning towards probably not.

Auction haul:

wKEB0eY.jpg

I can't stare at it for too long, or else Ode to Joy starts playing out of no where and my skin starts to burn. It's too holy.

I used 500 amazon coins to get Banner Saga a week ago, but apparently my phone doesn't meet the requirements even though Amazon had a green check next to my phone on the page. And also it's like three times the amount of gigabytes shown on the store page needed to install, which I don't have as I don't currently have a microsd card. Looks like I'll pick this version up instead

God...even when Amazon coins are useful they're worthless.

I haven't posted in awhile, is it still trendy to complain about seasonals? Tee hee.

Also, Metal Gear Rising is amazing. I can't not recommend it at $6.

To whomever was talking about hidden gems in the sale... just sort the Steam inventory by lowest price and then narrow it to Packs. Generally, packs are cheaper than individual games (but not always!). And packs aren't always shown on the individual game page, so they're easy to overlook. 

For instance, those Petz games we've all been eyeing .... 40% off? NO WAY!

With The Pack, you get a full 60% off. 

On another note... Valve trolling:

[attachment=10720:sage.jpg]

Any recommendations on what to do with trading cards? I had been saving mine up in anticipation of some sort of event that would encourage people to pick them up and craft badges. It looks like that isn't going to be the case though. Would it be better to just sell them anyway now or hang on to them and hope the prices go up for the summer sale?

I had a friend back in (a professional graduate school I won't name as to draw the ire of Bruticis) whose mother actually died of cancer while he was in school. Unfortunately a few 'your mom' jokes did slip but he took it in stride.
That wasn't exactly ire you drew, it was the entire kodex chat room laughing our asses off at your oh so subtle attempt to mention law school when the first ever "girl on the internet" joined the kodex chat room.

Now excuse me, I need to go find the weight room.

Any recommendations on what to do with trading cards? I had been saving mine up in anticipation of some sort of event that would encourage people to pick them up and craft badges. It looks like that isn't going to be the case though. Would it be better to just sell them anyway now or hang on to them and hope the prices go up for the summer sale?
I'm waiting Summer sale.

My bid failure gems just showed up in my inventory, only an hour later than I'd have liked. So you might want to check and sell them ASAP.

Booster pack creating seems pointless and I'm tired so I sold them all. Lost $0.21 per sack, oh shucks. I thought the auction was awesome to be honest. I picked up 8 wishlist games and 6 others that looked interesting. [customspoiler="Auction Winnings"]

10 Second Ninja
Back to Bed
Concursion
Cubic
Dead Man's Draw
Light
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Munin
Qbeh-1
See No Evil
Shadow Blade: Reload
Tango Fiesta
Tetrobot and Co.
The Sun & The Moon
[/customspoiler]

I'm not sure I'll even buy that much during this sale. There's not very many reasons for multiple daily visits with only one community vote and "New Deals" every 12 hours. Meaning less chances for glitches and mockery. Damn.
How much did you pick up Qbeh for? I should have had that game wishlisted =/

Seems like I've been waiting forever and a day for the sub $15 price point for Dark Souls II.  Now it happened, but they had to go and muck it up by announcing the up and coming shiny new edition in April beforehand.

Back to waiting I go. Bleh.

I found a partial list of upcoming daily deals at Nuuvem through Reddit. I converted the prices to USD for you guys.

December 20
    PES 2015 - R$79,99 (30.04)
    NBA 2K15 - R$64,99 (24.41)

December 21
    Gauntlet - R$14,99 (5.63)
    Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition - R$19,99 (7.50)

December 22
    Evil Within - R$ 39,99 (15.01)
    Injustice - R$7,99 (3.00)

December 23
    Tomb Raider GOTY - R$14,99 (5.63)
    Need for Speed Most Wanted - R$34,99 (13.14)

December 24
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - R$13,99 (5.25)
    Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare - R$34,99 (13.14)

December 25
    Football Manager 2015 - R$39,99 (15.01) South America Region Locked?
    Total War: ROME II - R$19,99 (7.50) South America Region Locked?
    Wolfenstein - R$ 39,99 (15.01) (Can't be played in Germany / Japan / Israel)
    Lego: Batman 3 - R$29,99 (11.26)

December 26
    Metal Gear: Revengeance - R$12,49 (4.69)

December 28
    Civilization: Beyond Earth - R$64,99 (24.41)
    LEGO: Hobbit - R$7,99 (3.00)

December 29
    Tropico 5 - R$16,99 (76%) KALYPSO, NOT STEAM
    Bioshock Triple Pack - R$14,89 (5.59)

December 31
    The Elder Scrolls Online - R$39,99 (15.01) (Not Steam)
    Saints Row IV - R$16,99 (6.38) (Brazil Only)

January 1
    Company of Heroes 2 - R$13,99 (5.25) South America Region Locked?

Every day has six daily specials, so who knows what else will be available.

Edit:

Oh and Borderlands the Cash-in Sequel is 18.58.

That wasn't exactly ire you drew, it was the entire kodex chat room laughing our asses off at your oh so subtle attempt to mention law school when the first ever "girl on the internet" joined the kodex chat room.

Now excuse me, I need to go find the weight room.
Alien as a concept as it might seem to you, it is possible for me to carry a conversation with a woman without trying to impress her.

I found a partial list of upcoming daily deals at Nuuvem through Reddit. I converted the prices to USD for you guys.

December 20
PES 2015 - R$79,99 (30.04)
NBA 2K15 - R$64,99 (24.41)

December 21
Gauntlet - R$14,99 (5.63)
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition - R$19,99 (7.50)

December 22
Evil Within - R$ 39,99 (15.01)
Injustice - R$7,99 (3.00)

December 23
Tomb Raider GOTY - R$14,99 (5.63)
Need for Speed Most Wanted - R$34,99 (13.14)

December 24
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - R$13,99 (5.25)
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare - R$34,99 (13.14)

December 25
Football Manager 2015 - R$39,99 (15.01) South America Region Locked?
Total War: ROME II - R$19,99 (7.50) South America Region Locked?
Wolfenstein - R$ 39,99 (15.01) (Can't be played in Germany / Japan / Israel)
Lego: Batman 3 - R$29,99 (11.26)

December 26
Metal Gear: Revengeance - R$12,49 (4.69)

December 28
Civilization: Beyond Earth - R$64,99 (24.41)
LEGO: Hobbit - R$7,99 (3.00)

December 29
Tropico 5 - R$16,99 (76%) KALYPSO, NOT STEAM
Bioshock Triple Pack - R$14,89 (5.59)

December 31
The Elder Scrolls Online - R$39,99 (15.01) (Not Steam)
Saints Row IV - R$16,99 (6.38) (Brazil Only)

January 1
Company of Heroes 2 - R$13,99 (5.25) South America Region Locked?

Every day has six daily specials, so who knows what else will be available.

Edit:

Oh and Borderlands the Cash-in Sequel is 18.58.
it says it there u ofol

It looks like I'll be considering a couple of things from Nuuvem, most notably Castlevania :LoS 2 and LEGO Batman 3. Especially the former.
I'm assuming you've played the first LoS:

LoS2 has a very fun combat system, but just about everything else disappointingly ranges from "just mediocre" to "what...why...?"

Also, the DLC is trash. You can pass on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back