Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good.  Can't say I've been playing as religiously as I did the original but that's probably because after 200+ hours I'm a bit burned out on it.  That said, if you haven't played the original at all, you have the benefit of it being fresh.  That said, it'll be bundle fodder eventually.

Is 7 Days To Die worth it $12.49? Forget how much they were going for in the auctions (I think I was seeing it around 17,000 gems, but could be wrong).

Wouldn't imagine it going much lower than 50% for a good while and I don't think we will see it bundled anytime soon.

Are you honestly saying that you wouldn't buy those for a buck, because your computer system wouldn't play them? Would you pass up Sunset Overdrive & The Last of Us HD for a buck, just because you hadn't yet bought your PS4?
I understand what your saying. Before I got my new PC, I never once even came into this Thread. Never was on Steam, and never heard of humbleBundle or any of the others. So I was never really looking. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else because I didn't buy them at the $1 price.

$100? That's nothing...

HfGZNiL.png

My paypal has been safe from Steam since cards were released 1.5 years ago and at first I was thinking cards are going to be useless gimmick.
How do you go about selling cards?

Never buy Early Access games unless they're at massive discounts. On second thought, just never buy Early Access games.
Meh. I've bought a few of them before when they've been at least 50%, that doesn't really bother me that much as long as the game is fun in it's current phase. For instance, Prison Architect earlier in the year when it was on sale for $10. I bought it through word of mouth and enjoyed it, even if it is an Early Access game. It sure beats a lot of the "completed" games flooding Steam.

Just wanted to hear opinions from those who've played the game.

Bought Verdun Early Access at around 3 euro, has never gotten that cheap again.

Also bought Prison Architect EA, even though it's an alpha, it's already worth it.

$100? That's nothing...

HfGZNiL.png

My paypal has been safe from Steam since cards were released 1.5 years ago and at first I was thinking cards are going to be useless gimmick.
Please enlighten me on how you obtained such an amount of money from selling cards.

Consider me intrigued.

:edit: Btw I'm in the market for Skyrim Legendary, what's the cheapest legit way to get it, and at which price?

I understand what your saying. Before I got my new PC, I never once even came into this Thread. Never was on Steam, and never heard of humbleBundle or any of the others. So I was never really looking. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else because I didn't buy them at the $1 price.
It's an exciting time, we're all just a little jaded and, in some cases, spoilt.

Enjoy your honeymoon. Everybody's first Steam sale is always their biggest - enjoy the novelty while you can :)

Also, before you all get carried away with Madjoki's Steam wallet-peen, please remember that his Steam level is only 47. Therefore he's not really worth listening to.

Kind regards,

Flowette

Level 82

Don't mind us too much, we're just giving freshmeat a hard time. Though my question was serious... in these parts it's more important to get in on a hot deal than to question if you'll ever play it.

Wow, hadn't heard of Humble Bundle.... so... how was Guantanamo?

Everyone go and buy Shovel Knight right meow! There's nothing good on sale anyway and u prolly got everything thats on sale so just pay full price for Shovel Knight, its the best game of the year. You prolly got like 1,000 gabenbux from idling so just pick it up already and stop buying shitty fundle bodder games!

Touche. What can I say though.... Russian 4-packed Starbound. Never again.
You don't know how hard is for me to resist buying Shroud of the Avatar. Never played Ultima Online, but I love Ultima series (U7 mainly)... Best RPG ever IMHO (after Sonic Racing transformed, of course). But I'm afraid of being disappointed... according to reviews, it is good... but... CAG

You don't know how hard is for me to resist buying Shroud of the Avatar. Never played Ultima Online, but I love Ultima series (U7 mainly)... Best RPG ever IMHO (after Sonic Racing transformed, of course). But I'm afraid of being disappointed... according to reviews, it is good... but... CAG
Look, I luuuurve Ultima 7. It's my favorite game ever in the universe to this day. But Shroud of the Avatar? You know it's going to suck. What has Richard Garriott made in the last two decades that was halfway decent?

If you simply must try it see if you can get a beta key somewhere. I know Alienware was giving some out. They may give more or other sites probably will in the future.

I know they're saying it's not going to be F2P but I kind of smell bullshit and I think either on release it will be or at some point after.

Don't do it! Be strong!

Since sale began:

Steam games bought elsewhere: 24

Steam games bought on Steam: 4 & 1 DLC

Since there's so little to buy I am now tempted by Prison Architect. Any reason not to buy? Good reviews/good buzz/80% off.

Since sale began:

Is this counting bundle scheisse? Because if not where the hell are you finding that many games that you don't own and actually want that are on a cheap sale in the last couple of days?

Ultima died with Ultima 7 and Serpent Isle. RIP. Shroud of the Avatar is a cheap cash grab.

Since sale began:

Since there's so little to buy I am now tempted by Prison Architect. Any reason not to buy? Good reviews/good buzz/80% off.
I've only bought:

MS Flight SIm X

Assassin's Creed IV Gold

There have been some good deals on Nuuvem, but I own them. I'm kinda surprised that GMG hasn't had anything notable. Still waiting on an Amazon whoopsie, because low expectations.

Ultima died with Ultima 7 and Serpent Isle. RIP. Shroud of the Avatar is a cheap cash grab.
It's a 5 and a half million dollar cash grab. Nothing cheap about that. Not really sure what he is using it on because the game looks so 2000&late. Maybe he needed to buy another castle or go up into space again.

Since sale began:

Unless you have a vendetta against early access I think I'd go for it. I've never played it, but heard good things.

Only game I've bought thus far is Puzzle Agent 2 (was gifted a few others, including Metal Gear Rising). If you would've told me prior to the sale that 3 days in the only game I'd have bought would be Puzzle Agent 2...I don't even know.

It's a 5 and a half million dollar cash grab. Nothing cheap about that. Not really sure what he is using it on because the game looks so 2000&late. Maybe he needed to buy another castle or go up into space again.
Which is why I said cheap. You're right, it looks extremely dated visually and mechanically clunky. I'm guessing he pocketed most of the money and hired cut rate programmers/developers who are just 'honored' to be working with Lord British!

Look, I luuuurve Ultima 7. It's my favorite game ever in the universe to this day. But Shroud of the Avatar? You know it's going to suck. What has Richard Garriott made in the last two decades that was halfway decent?

If you simply must try it see if you can get a beta key somewhere. I know Alienware was giving some out. They may give more or other sites probably will in the future.

I know they're saying it's not going to be F2P but I kind of smell bullshit and I think either on release it will be or at some point after.

Don't do it! Be strong!
That's the main reason I'm not buying it... Richard Garriot.

I kinda enjoyed Ultima 8... but not as an Ultima game, so you're right, it died with U7 part 1 & 2.

Which is why I said cheap. You're right, it looks extremely dated visually and mechanically clunky. I'm guessing he pocketed most of the money and hired cut rate programmers/developers who are just 'honored' to be working with Lord British!
He also has these weird Pollyanna ideas that he can re-create Ultima 7 as a multiplayer game and people will hold hands and sing kumbaya and virtual LARP with thees and thous and shit. Ultima Online should have taught him that people are assholes but I guess he never actually played it long enough to figure that out. He tends to surround himself with people who won't tell the emperor he has no clothes which probably why no one has pointed that out to him.

I kinda enjoyed Ultima 8 Super Avatar Brothers... but not as an Ultima game, so you're right, it died with U7 part 1 & 2.
He had another chance with Ultima 9 but he fucked that up too.

You missed it. It was called the gem auction.
And I can almost guarantee you that Gaben will ruin the next gem auction, but not before everyone stocks up in preparation.

Minimum beginning bid of, oh... 50% msrp? Minimum beginning bid of 50% msrp.

Is this counting bundle scheisse? Because if not where the hell are you finding that many games that you don't own and actually want that are on a cheap sale in the last couple of days?
Yeah, yeah, for sure. A good chunk of that is bundle junk. I've bought a few individually at Nuuvem and one at MacGamestore.

I'm kinda surprised that GMG hasn't had anything notable. Still waiting on an Amazon whoopsie, because low expectations.
I was hopeful as well but, despite running a fair amount of discounts, GMG has been pretty dull. So dull that I don't think anyone has been updating the thread.

I'm glad the sale is crappy. I had to use the money I put away for it to fix my car.

Seems like every time I get extra money a bill pops up

:-({|=  :-({|=  :-({|=

i played the game this summer and enjoyed it a lot, really fun and i didn't have any major glitches.  maybe some bugs on a boss or two but easy workarounds.  If you like turn based RPGs with puzzles and old school style visuals I'd say go for it, i really had fun.

i played the game this summer and enjoyed it a lot, really fun and i didn't have any major glitches. maybe some bugs on a boss or two but easy workarounds. If you like turn based RPGs with puzzles and old school style visuals I'd say go for it, i really had fun.
I love dungeon crawlers... played the hell out of them back then (and Grimrock recently)

Bought. one less on my wishlist ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back