Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, who does have time to CAG while steam is running these great sales every second?
I believe the word for it is called multi-tasking. For instance, I knew I was going to save so much money during this steam sale that I purchased four brand new iPads to monitor every aspect of this sale in real time. Unfortunately, even with four iPads constantly monitoring these great sale prices it is rather much for one person to keep up with. I then remembered watching a documentary about outsourcing, and to make a long story short I basically have a bunch of people sitting at an Internet cafe for me right now monitoring all these wonderful sale prices that would put any Black Friday deal to shame.

I'd buy Watch_Dogs at -75%. But thanks Ubisoft for saving my money.

Too bad Steam doesn't sell GPUs at -75% discounts...
If you weren't one of them them tha'r You're a' peeins you could have gone to Target to price match Walmart to price match K-mart to price match Sears to price match Woolworths from 30 years ago.

If you weren't one of them them tha'r You're a' peeins you could have gone to Target to price match Walmart to price match K-mart to price match Sears to price match Woolworths from 30 years ago.
Zayre is clearancing all their Colecovision games and I got the manager at Best Buy to price match

Everyone go vote for Invisible, Inc. !
I did but no chance of winning

TKANf6D.png

How is The Long Dark
Has good reviews but also early access

Buy or Wait for possible cheaper price during the sale?

Oh man, I've had a giftable copy of Audiosurf 2 in my Steam inventory since the last May. I haven't activated it because I keep hoping for more features, improvements and something closer to a finished product since I loved the original Audiosurf. 

I believe I only paid 3 keys for it so maybe it's time to try it out since the great trading days of yore are gone. Reviews are still mixed apparently. Bleh. 

Ausiosurf will most likely win that. Plus people see 40% discount and cringe.
Because if there's one game that really needed a sequel, (and in particular a half finished Early Access that's more expensive and currently in worse shape than the original much cheaper game sequel) it was Audiosurf. :roll:

I can't wait for the day that you can check a box in a Steam and never see an early access title again.
ES can hide them, but last I checked doing that left these big ugly black boxes so you still sort of know they are there, just not what they are.

Agreed though that Valve should do a better job at separating and filtering them. If anything they are going in the other direction and going out of their way to promote them right along side, you know, actual (relatively :p) finished and complete games without any real distinction between the two on the front page.

Could this sale be any worse? I didn't even bother to look at the store yesterday. I can see I missed nothing.
Oh, God... Someone knock on wood. It's like indie games that you buy, which are bundled the next week.

Please don't bring on worse sale prices, Lord Gaben. We'll sacrifice the Nude Snake to you, if that is pleasing.

We've already had sales-repeats... on the same day.

Capture.jpg

But, given the lack of rock bottom consensus, I'm wagering, no.

hit_rock_bottom.jpg
They meant to put Fallout 4 in one of those NV slots, right? ;)

EDIT:

Could this sale be any worse? I didn't even bother to look at the store yesterday. I can see I missed nothing.
Well, I think Ghostbusters: TVG was one of the better Steam deals we've seen....

But, that's been about it.

Nuuvem Dailies:

Deponia - R$2.49 - $0.92 (90% off)

Lego The Hobbit - R$7.49 - $2.96 (78% off)

Dirt 3 - R$10.99 - $4.08 (75% off)

Star Wars TFU - Ultimate Sith Edition (Mac, Steamplay) - R$9.99 - $3.70 (71% off)

-- KOTOR 1 and Jedi Outcast are R$6.99 ($2.59), both are Steamplay

Civilization Beyond Earth - R$64.99 - $24.12 (34% off) - Region free but needs Hola to check out

Civilization V R$23.99 - $8.90 (75% off) - Region free but needs Hola to check out

Any better deals for fallout than 2.49 steam? or ultimate for 6$ btw?

Also if anyone knows about the ultra street fighter 4 upgrade saw it was 8 before ended now they have it at 8.99 on GMG, but hoping for somewhere cheaper..

Will check the trades and jakenome later bros

Any better deals for fallout than 2.49 steam? or ultimate for 6$ btw?

Also if anyone knows about the ultra street fighter 4 upgrade saw it was 8 before ended now they have it at 8.99 on GMG, but hoping for somewhere cheaper..

Will check the trades and jakenome later bros
Trading's been cut off so unless someone stocked up on old copies and is feeling generous to not gouge and still has copies left you won't have any luck that way.

So basically no.

It used to go on sale cheap a lot but Bethesda has been kind of chintzier with sales lately.

We're really committed to this, huh?

http://youtu.be/mK4v0XkNrVE
Cave Story is a pretty good one all in all, especially considering Amaya did it himself.

http://youtu.be/J_mFvJ6y_3I
I'm a particular fan of flashygoodness's work on Tower of Heaven. It's probably my favorite chiptune soundtrack, video game or otherwise.

http://youtu.be/Uj8MsbgpjaQ
SoulEye's work on VVVVVV is another personal favorite, though it's soured a bit on me since I first listened to it.

http://youtu.be/IPvDiu_qYBQ
Sword & Sworcery's one of my favorite mobile games, and that's in no small part due to Jim Guthrie's excellent soundtrack.

http://youtu.be/vhwSsIOTOS0
Chikayo Fukuda is one of those names you rarely hear, which is a shame because she's one of the best composers working in video games. Her work on Asura's Wrath is stunning, but I somewhat prefer her earlier work on the first four .hack// games.

http://youtu.be/0QEzyyiL09s
Eternal Poison was a pretty terrible game, but some of its assets--music especially--were quite good. Takashi Okamoto was able to use a variety of genres to excellent effect.

http://youtu.be/l4bnYF2m8eQ
Nobuo Uematsu, on the other hand, is widely praised (and generally rightly so). He's been producing some of the highest quality video game soundtracks since at least FFIV, and has been consistently improving since then; what I've heard of The Last Story's soundtrack is amazing. The best full OST I've heard from him so far, though, is still FFIX.

http://youtu.be/J46RY4PU8a8
Still, the absolute best soundtrack for any game--some of the best music ever made, really--is Chrono Cross's. Yasunori Mitsuda isn't always quite competitive with Uematsu, but when he's in top form, he really hits it put of the park.

There are some others that bear mentioning, though not all of which I'm going to remember just now, I'm sure. Hitoshi Sakimoto's one of my favorite composers, especially for his work on Vagrant Story. Tomas Dvorak's work on Machinarium is excellent. Koji Kondo always deserves mention, though I haven't ever been blown away by a single full Zelda soundtrack. Anamanaguchi's done some very nice work, especially in the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack.

Nuuvem Dailies:

Star Wars TFU - Ultimate Sith Edition (Mac, Steamplay) - R$9.99 - $3.70 (71% off)

Would be nice if they had some of the other Star Wars games too... Aspyr is listed as a dev for at least one of them (The Force Unleashed 2.)

Nuuvem Dailies:

Deponia - R$2.49 - $0.92 (90% off)

Lego The Hobbit - R$7.49 - $2.96 (78% off)

Dirt 3 - R$10.99 - $4.08 (75% off)

Civilization Beyond Earth - R$64.99 - $24.12 (34% off) - Region free but needs Hola to check out

Civilization V R$23.99 - $8.90 (75% off) - Region free but needs Hola to check out
If anybody needs those Star Wars games, they can be found cheaper (per game) in a bundle for $10 at GameAgent, under 'My Dashboard'. All steam codes, must be logged in to see the deal.

The bundle includes:

• Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition
Looks like they can also be bought individually for $2.50 each (except TFU is $5, thanks Detruire) if you don't need them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back